• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Dragonborn for Smash maybe? He/she/cat has passed the first hurdle of actually having a game from the series on a Nintendo System.

Would be cool if they have switching between the different races as the alts.
My reaction in a nutshell if and when this ever happened.

I don't play Smash anymore but the idea of the Dragonborn beating Link's ass is the greatest thing ever. Its even better then Cloud vs Link.

But I'm not here to speculate Smash so that's that.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Showed local casual. They have concerns about the price and what would happen if the screen/controllers got damaged but are legit hyped. Even started having a physical hype reaction and feeling like they already bought it.

If they're any indication of what the casual market would think of this then that's a good sign, although admittedly they aren't into smartphone gaming like most people so that huge chunk of the market isn't indicated by this.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
What... Did.... Did you not watch the Switch reveal video? The dude on the plane was playing Skyrim.
I watched a video of Skyrim photoshopped onto a screen. That's not actual footage... None of it was. If it was real you'd see the typical lines across the screen.

Uhh... okay, dude. Whatever you say.
Try taking a video of a screen and see what happens if you don't believe me.

Hell, one such lazy edit lead to the rumor of a Gamepad XL.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...gamepad_mario_kart_8_commercial_is_pretty_old

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I'll def be getting the Switch. But I'm not hyped over it.

Portable home console is dope ass idea though. Basically took what the PS Vita and Wii U both failed on and made it better.

D

Deleted member

Just saw the reveal trailer for the Nintendo Switch.

I'm keeping this thing inside lol.
Nah, I'm going to the closest mountain by me, freezing cold and snowing, and play skyrim in the snowy mountains, fighting mammoths.(And coincidently the mountain is called Mammoth Mountain.)

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Just watched the Switch trailer. Seems like the hybrid rumors were right, along with the cartridge ones.

It's really cool seeing how much 3rd party stuff is going into it though, and what I hope to be backwards compatibility with the Wii U. It's also really great how we got ourselves a normal controller again.

If there's one thing I can say for certain, it's that Nintendo got this trailer right, and that it looks like it'll sell a lot.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I find it ironic that you noted Galaxy as being the "explorative" one, since 64 was more heavily into that area. :p

Mario Switch is probably the best thing here. Don't have too much to say on it other than it's looking exactly like what I wanted from a new 3D Mario that didn't want to be Galaxy 3.

My only reservation about the HP system is that it might also mean they are going back to the 64/Galaxy way of doing power-ups, where power-ups are super context sensitive. I prefer how 2D Mario/3D World handles them, where you can use any power-up anywhere, but there are still specific secrets for each one. If they can mix the 64 HP system with the 3D World power-up system though, that would be amazing.

My only big hopes for the game are that Luigi, Peach, Toad, and Rosalina (though I'd take a dignified story role for the latter, honestly, don't think it would happen though) are still playable, and 2-player co-op is an option (something they wanted to do in 64, but couldn't). More characters to play as would also be cool, like Wario and Yoshi.
True Super Mario 64 was pretty explore heavy.

I agree though, it's what I wanted to see in a new Mario and it is, looks great. I hope the powerups stays in the style of 3d world, 64's are alright, but it's more fun to have free roam with powerups. I could also see more playable characters, as 3d world had five. If this is mimicking 64, we could certainly see Wario again, and maybe even Waluigi and Yoshi as well.
Just saw the reveal trailer for the Nintendo Switch.

I'm keeping this thing inside lol.
Your not worthy of it's power!

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Just watched the Switch trailer. Seems like the hybrid rumors were right, along with the cartridge ones.

It's really cool seeing how much 3rd party stuff is going into it though, and what I hope to be backwards compatibility with the Wii U. It's also really great how we got ourselves a normal controller again.

If there's one thing I can say for certain, it's that Nintendo got this trailer right, and that it looks like it'll sell a lot.
Wii U had a ton of 3rd party support at the beginning as well and look where that ended up.

I'm also doubtful of backwards compatibility with the Wii U. Doesn't look like there's any place to put in a disc. It's probably enhanced ports.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so how many new characters for mario kart do you guys think we are going to get...how many new cups do you think we will get
if i had to guess 6 characters and 4 cups would be the minimum as thats what the dlc previously gave us

and if i had to guess the characters would be
king boo(duh) birdo, diddy, bowser jr, toadette and a wildcard so ill just throw in kirby
the courses im at a loss for as i am the new vehicle parts

fow splatoon...3 new maps and more clothing weapons and hair options?

smash speculation is of course where its at again and because we have visible proof konami is backing the switch
well im not saying every brawl characters comming back but its now 100000% more likely than it was before

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Nah, I'm going to the closest mountain by me, freezing cold and snowing, and play skyrim in the snowy mountains, fighting mammoths.(And coincidently the mountain is called Mammoth Mountain.)
↑Basically this↑

Like, I don't even know what else is on rollout, all I saw was Skyrim Remastered and Portable and that basically sold it for me. I wasn't even remotely interested in the NX (NSwitch) until I saw the holy lights of Sovngarde cloaking the console. It was then that I knew that The Nine clearly favor the NSwitch, and that the Hero of Legend would rise again. Praise Talos! Praise NSwitch! Praise Sweet Rolls!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I watched a video of Skyrim photoshopped onto a screen. That's not actual footage... None of it was. If it was real you'd see the typical lines across the screen.

Try taking a video of a screen and see what happens if you don't believe me.

Hell, one such lazy edit lead to the rumor of a Gamepad XL.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...gamepad_mario_kart_8_commercial_is_pretty_old
Yo dip. If it was merely a photoshop of Skyrim, Nintendo would get in trouble for false advertisements and Bethesda would likely sue for using their game without permission to sell the new system. Skyrim Remastered is coming on the Switch. The only reason not to believe this is stupidity

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
so how many new characters for mario kart do you guys think we are going to get...how many new cups do you think we will get
if i had to guess 6 characters and 4 cups would be the minimum as thats what the dlc previously gave us

and if i had to guess the characters would be
king boo(duh) birdo, diddy, bowser jr, toadette and a wildcard so ill just throw in kirby
the courses im at a loss for as i am the new vehicle parts

fow splatoon...3 new maps and more clothing weapons and hair options?

smash speculation is of course where its at again and because we have visible proof konami is backing the switch
well im not saying every brawl characters comming back but its now 100000% more likely than it was before
I just want more crossovers tbh.
Preferably Kirby and Kid Icarus. Fire Emblem maybe too.

It depends if its a MK8.5 or MK9. I assume about 6 new ones, metal versions being cut. Hopefully.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Yo dip. If it was merely a photoshop of Skyrim, Nintendo would get in trouble for false advertisements and Bethesda would likely sue for using their game without permission to sell the new system. Skyrim Remastered is coming on the Switch. The only reason not to believe this is stupidity
Bethesda could still give Nintendo the rights to use Skyrim in their advertisement.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Bethesda could still give Nintendo the rights to use Skyrim in their advertisement.
But then it'd be a false advertisement, not just because of the game itself, but because the Switch was able to run it, meaning it'd MURDER all the good PR Nintendo just got with it. Not to mention that list of third party devs included Bethesda, meaning Skyrim being on Switch is incredibly realistic. Even then, any system reveal showing games would be photoshopped on the screen

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well, there it is.

ARE YOU NOT FREAKING ENTERTAINED?

After waiting all this time... everything we wanted and more.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/29304830

So here's something interesting I saw on the pokcommunity.

This guy claims there's more to the dex and that this is a komala evolution. Which looks pretty good. Probably fake, but this would need to be made in 2 days. So it looks pretty solid.

I could almost see it though.
I'd love for this to be real, since it would save Komala from the near inevitable "gimmick Pokémon" fate it'll have otherwise. Plz be real even though it won't happen.

:094:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom