• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Soul.

3DS is still getting sales, but it's an aging platform and while Pokémon will enjoy the software sales the hardware sales probably won't reach 70m.

And Switch is a handheld.

Also handheld Splatoon is a ****ing dream come true holy ****.
Nintendo cannot afford to split dev time between two consoles
Yes, completely agree.

Wii U got titles, 3DS suffered; 3DS gets titles, Wii U suffers.

Merging the console and handheld divisions was a genius idea.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So we finally got new NX news after I woke up doing nothing but gargling salt water for my sore throat.

Don't know whether I should be excited or disappointed.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
My reactions to the NX...I mean, Switch! Sorry, I'm so used to saying NX that...ah, forget it! Let's just go!
  • Alright! The hybrid gimmick sounds very complex. I mean, the little sides of the controller/screen can be used for both single- and multi-player? Won't that limitate your options when you play with a friend?
  • Mario Kart 8: Switch Edition with two items and freaking King Boo? Splatoon with hair...or rather tentaclestyles? Sounds like Nintendo's not just porting but improving on the better Wii U titles. Smash 4 Switch when?
  • Skyrim. Well, that's a pretty old game, but then again, how well did Minecraft do on the Wii U? ...Seriously, that a legit question. Either way, with that and tht NBA game, it seems third-parties are actually giving a **** about the console, so that's pretty exciting.
  • All we learned about Breath of the Wild was a new mini-boss, which is better than nothing, but still...
  • New Mario 3D game? YES! I LOVE THOSE! And we didn't see a timer on this one! Galaxy 3, Sunshine 2, or, most likely of all, its own thing?
  • The final part wtih the eSports-like segment was a clever choice, showing that the Switch isn't JUST for casuals. Good job!
  • No one said a single word and we got so much info! I like that!
  • There was no children or grandmas in the whole trailer... More mature games on the lineup?
Did I miss anything?

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Besides concerns over its price point and battery life (which are very valid worries), I'm curious about the Switch's online functionality. Hopefully Nintendo steps up their game with network services and makes the UI less obtuse and slow.

The main differene
The wii u lost them money
the 3DS is still making bank
Fair point, but you have to consider that the 3DS is aging, so its sales will naturally decline, especially because the next handheld is around the corner.

Sun and Moon is a really good way to send off the console while the rest of its first party games become budget titles. Hope there's a new Pokemon game on the Switch.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Wait, when was this confirmed?
The rumors were stating like crazy that it was all Bandai-Namco. No mention of Sora at all which it did then Sakurai would be doing it

Hell patch 1.1.5 & 1.1.6 were all Bamco because Sakurai was probably done right when Corrin and Bayo dropped in 1.1.4

D

Deleted member

Let's be honest here, they'll find a compensation and you'll adjust like everyone else or you'll be the only few still stuck on the 3DS
They'll find a way, that's for sure, but it'll still be a downgrade from the previous games
Also, wh-what about my EO m-maps?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The rumors were stating like crazy that it was all Bandai-Namco. No mention of Sora at all which it did then Sakurai would be doing it

Hell patch 1.1.5 & 1.1.6 were all Bamco because Sakurai was probably done right when Corrin and Bayo dropped in 1.1.4
I see. Although I believe Sakurai did state that he wasn't really involved with the balance changes so I can see that mainly being Namco's doing.

Guess we'll have to wait for official confirmation then...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
WHOA WHO THE-- NOBODY TOLD ME ****ING SKYRIM WAS CONFIRMED FOR NSWITCH!?

This changes everything. EVERYTHING. I'll deal with a ****ty controller- ****ing Skyrim AND Zelda together at long last!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So...if the Switch can get:

Overwatch
Street Fighter V
Injustice 2
Fallout 4
Mass Effect Andromeda
a future Grand Theft Auto
a future Dragon Age
Destiny 2
Final Fantasy 15

Then I don't need to somehow magically spring money for both this and the PS4. That would be ideal...yes...Overwatch on the Switch would be the best thing ever.
YES, I want Overwatch on this console... it will be a dream come true.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So...if the Switch can get:

Overwatch
Street Fighter V
Injustice 2
Fallout 4
Mass Effect Andromeda
a future Grand Theft Auto
a future Dragon Age
Destiny 2
Final Fantasy 15

Then I don't need to somehow magically spring money for both this and the PS4. That would be ideal...yes...Overwatch on the Switch would be the best thing ever.
It can get all those games except for Street Fighter V

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guys.

We aren't getting Skyrim.

We are getting Skyrim Remastered. Which requires a heck of a lot of power.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/29304830

So here's something interesting I saw on the pokcommunity.

This guy claims there's more to the dex and that this is a komala evolution. Which looks pretty good. Probably fake, but this would need to be made in 2 days. So it looks pretty solid.

I could almost see it though.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I think the 3DS will still live for a while but I do agree that focusing solely on Switch would be a good move in the long run.

It's fun to see popular Wii U titles keep on living either on the 3DS (Yoshi's Woolly World, Super Mario Maker) or Switch.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The Switch has one big advantage over the WiiU. Sure the devs still need to cod e extra for a console exclusive gimmick but the gimmick is more than inventory menu management, it's portability. As long as the machine has a good launch line-up I see things going well.

And now that I've said that, the entire launch line-up will be Breath of the Wild, the year before last's Assassin's Creed and a Spongbob game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
WHOA WHO THE-- NOBODY TOLD ME ****ING SKYRIM WAS CONFIRMED FOR NSWITCH!?

This changes everything. EVERYTHING. I'll deal with a ****ty controller- ****ing Skyrim AND Zelda together at long last!
Dragonborn for Smash maybe? He/she/cat has passed the first hurdle of actually having a game from the series on a Nintendo System.

Would be cool if they have switching between the different races as the alts.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'm sure Japan will be very happy with this Switch.

Monster Hunter, Yokai Watch, Pokemon and Dragon Quest on the Go & TV.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Dragonborn for Smash maybe? He/she/cat has passed the first hurdle of actually having a game from the series on a Nintendo System.

Would be cool if they have switching between the different races as the alts.
Vault Boy or bust. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Those spinning floating hearts from Super Mario 64 are back in Mario Switch.

So HP system is back, it's not using the traditional Mushroom system.

Not sure how I feel about that, but it's definitely interesting to see.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Nintendo Switch (name will need getting use to) is super kick ass! Hard to believe Skyrim is involved as well as next gen power become portable. You win everything Nintendo.

And, trusted rumors or not, I'm not believing any existence of Super Smash Bros. for Switch until it's confirmed.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
-Powerful console
-****ton of third party support right from the get go
-Cool design
-Cartridges possibly meaning cheaper games
-No region lock
Nintendo. I am officially saving my birthday money this year just for you. This thing looks great
ALSO PLZ EVENTUALLY HAVE A KAMEN RIDER GAME THE NEW ONE USES CARTRIDGES TOO FFS

D

Deleted member

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/29304830

So here's something interesting I saw on the pokcommunity.

This guy claims there's more to the dex and that this is a komala evolution. Which looks pretty good. Probably fake, but this would need to be made in 2 days. So it looks pretty solid.

I could almost see it though.
The pokedex image style doesn't look right though I'd say it does look legit, like, I could see that being an actual Pokemon
Really nice done, especially since it had to be done in 2 days if this is the case

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm cautiously optimistic. It looks good but I have my concerns. Not gonna detail those here though since I don't think they'd be heard.

My friend is super cynical about it though so I'll talk about them with him. :p

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
If standard health truly is back in Mario Switch...

I better be able to go underwater, swim back up and somehow be fully healed.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Interesting. Could be a 3d world like graphic Mario, but with it more built like Super Mario 64, with Galaxy's free exploration thrown in. Could be a pretty big title and really good if done well.

I'll remain excited for it, it seems to be pretty nice.

Chrono.

That first area screams Hub to me.

Not to mention the Triple Jump being back.

I hope this really means we're back to 64 style platformers.

EDIT: Linked the wrong thing lol

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Interesting. Could be a 3d world like graphic Mario, but with it more built like Super Mario 64, with Galaxy's free exploration thrown in. Could be a pretty big title and really good if done well.

I'll remain excited for it, it seems to be pretty nice.
I find it ironic that you noted Galaxy as being the "explorative" one, since 64 was more heavily into that area. :p

Mario Switch is probably the best thing here. Don't have too much to say on it other than it's looking exactly like what I wanted from a new 3D Mario that didn't want to be Galaxy 3.

My only reservation about the HP system is that it might also mean they are going back to the 64/Galaxy way of doing power-ups, where power-ups are super context sensitive. I prefer how 2D Mario/3D World handles them, where you can use any power-up anywhere, but there are still specific secrets for each one. If they can mix the 64 HP system with the 3D World power-up system though, that would be amazing.

My only big hopes for the game are that Luigi, Peach, Toad, and Rosalina (though I'd take a dignified story role for the latter, honestly, don't think it would happen though) are still playable, and 2-player co-op is an option (something they wanted to do in 64, but couldn't). More characters to play as would also be cool, like Wario and Yoshi.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hey guys hey guys.

Remember this? :troll:

What happened to these patents, I wonder. Completely scrapped, I'm assuming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom