• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I wonder what else will Bethesda put on the Switch. Hopefully some new game.
DOOM and Wolfenstein need to be on the system big time.
They could also put a Fallout 4 Ultimate/GOTY/Complete Edition on it in addition to Dishonored and prey.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well, guess I'll go back to my anti-speculation bunker now!

Been forever since I've been in there... I wonder if the guards dogs are alright.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Why is there so much insistence on Mario Kart and Splatoon being ports?

OK Mario Kart had the same tracks, but it also had UI and gameplay alterations and I'm pretty sure that series recycles tracks anyway. And Mario Kart releases every three years, with the last one in 2014. . .

And Splatoon has stuff involving the Gamepad that would require removing or altering content to work with only one screen. And I saw an image on Twitter that seems to indicate that they changed the squid-to-kid animation to look less goofy. And the first one was developed from mid-2013 to early-mid-2015, with the Inklings only finalized as a concept in January 2014 and the first demo released June 2014. . .

They both seem like they'd be entirely possible to have actual sequels considering their respective development timeframes, and I'd speculated on both before as well. I guess it remains to be seen, but there's more to a game than just looks and I get the feeling they could both be new games.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm actually laughing. People trying to debuk Skyrim being on the NSwitch. When Nintendo AND Bethesda already stated its happening. Lol hit the road, kid. Bethesda has wanted to do this for years. No **** they're on board.
I wonder what else will Bethesda put on the Switch. Hopefully some new game.
They should be getting into TES 6 after they let go of FO4. So there's one.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
If the Switch can maintain 3rd party support for like more than 2 years, I think we can have something really special on our hands. Again only time will tell.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Another thing, I know the Switch's 3rd party line up is nice and all, but I really hope they stick with Nintendo for more than 2 years.
That'll be the true test.

But what kind of console is this?!

infographic_header_source_v2-en1.png

Look at all those names! Atlus! Square! Bethesda!! From Software!!

That's at least one Persona/SMT, FF/KH, Elder Scrolls, and Dark Souls/Armored Core!

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Yo dip. If it was merely a photoshop of Skyrim, Nintendo would get in trouble for false advertisements and Bethesda would likely sue for using their game without permission to sell the new system. Skyrim Remastered is coming on the Switch. The only reason not to believe this is stupidity
Who said it wasn't coming to the Switch? I said we don't know what it truly runs like. Learn to read... You're arguing against something that never existed. All the people that liked your post are similarly foolish.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

OK Mario Kart had the same tracks, but it also had UI and gameplay alterations and I'm pretty sure that series recycles tracks anyway. And Mario Kart releases every three years, with the last one in 2014. . .

And Splatoon has stuff involving the Gamepad that would require removing or altering content to work with only one screen. And I saw an image on Twitter that seems to indicate that they changed the squid-to-kid animation to look less goofy. And the first one was developed from mid-2013 to early-mid-2015, with the Inklings only finalized as a concept in January 2014 and the first demo released June 2014. . .

They both seem like they'd be entirely possible to have actual sequels considering their respective development timeframes, and I'd speculated on both before as well. I guess it remains to be seen, but there's more to a game than just looks and I get the feeling they could both be new games.
People are calling it ports because they look exactly like the Wii U versions with a few added changes i.e King Boo and two items for Mario Kart, and extra customization for Splatoon.

Although, I guess the Switch isn't that big of a jump from the Wii U. Probably can't expect drastic increase in graphical fidelity.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well, I just pre-pre ordered the Switch on Amazon.

That's a first...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Who said it wasn't coming to the Switch? I said we don't know what it truly runs like. Learn to read... You're arguing against something that never existed. All the people that liked your post are similarly foolish.
It's foolish to think that this is a false advertisement, especially considering we KNOW the thing is powerful. Learn to smart, all the people who think a company would blatantly lie like that are equally as foolish as you

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
People are calling it ports because they look exactly like the Wii U versions with a few added changes i.e King Boo and two items for Mario Kart, and extra customization for Splatoon.

Although, I guess the Switch isn't that big of a jump from the Wii U. Probably can't expect drastic increase in graphical fidelity.
Nintendo DID make a comment about recycling game engines to get more games out faster.

Those changes aren't exactly minor. I guess it's up to Nintendo to actually clarify what they are and show more.

Again, it's not the EXACT same with Splatoon, they seem to have messed with the models during transformation.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Yo seeing Arc System Works on that list makes me wanna dream for just a bit

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Nintendo DID make a comment about recycling game engines to get more games out faster.

Those changes aren't exactly minor. I guess it's up to Nintendo to actually clarify what they are and show more.

Again, it's not the EXACT same with Splatoon, they seem to have messed with the models during transformation.
All game developers recycle game engines. EA uses the Frostbite engine for all, if not, most of their games. And the Unreal Engine is recycled a ton too. It's not feasible to make a new engine every time you make a new game. Besides, engines aren't just graphics.

The thing about the Mario Kart and Splatoon game they showed off was that, again, aside from the few new features, it all looks the same.

They could very well just be placeholders

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

I mean Mario Kart Wii had a number of assets recycled from Double Dash. I suppose we've seen too little to make a proper judgement on wether their just enhanced ports or sequels (Or just early footage).

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I just realized that Nintendo, knowing that handheld devices are overcome by smartphones, completely changed the game.

By having both console and handheld, it's cornered the market. Fire Emblem back on consoles and good FPSs on handheld.

Now how about what the Switch will do for those who backed the Wii U during its painfully long struggle?
Bragging rights.

"I survived the Nintenpocalypse!"

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
WAIT WAIT WAIT I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE

The new Splatoon has custom pants as well in addition to the custom tentacle styles.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
It's foolish to think that this is a false advertisement, especially considering we KNOW the thing is powerful. Learn to smart, all the people who think a company would blatantly lie like that are equally as foolish as you
...Are you serious? When was the last time an AAA game looked half as good as the E3 trailer? This has been happening for forever. The big ol' "game footage not final" means they can show whatever the hell they want and then never release it like that with no worry. We have whole YouTube channels dedicated to content and graphical fidelity cut from final games.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wonder how far overboard the Smash community will get back on the Smash hype train for a game that we have zero confirmation for a Switch release?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
...Are you serious? When was the last time an AAA game looked half as good as the E3 trailer? This has been happening for forever. The big ol' "game footage not final" means they can show whatever the hell they want and then never release it like that with no worry. We have whole YouTube channels dedicated to content and graphical fidelity cut from final games.
You're forgetting oooooone tiiiiiiny detail
THIS IS A CONSOLE. NOT A GAME. Lying about your new system after the Wii U, something that, while has made a profit, was a commercial failure for MANY years. Lying about your new console will make people angrily return it and want their money back. Not to mention this is Nintendo, not Ubisoft or Gearbox. Nintendo's actually been known more for delaying for the sake of improved quality than doctoring videos. The only reason you doubt it is because you doubt it. Nothing reasonable at all

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
WAIT WAIT WAIT I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE

The new Splatoon has custom pants as well in addition to the custom tentacle styles.
Maybe my squid kid can have bangs.

And pants is a 100% improvement.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
As someone who decided to skip the Wii U; This is a good day.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You know what would be awesome? Like, okay, this is pushing it, but...

TES x Zelda

When you look at games like Pokémon Conquest and Mario Hoops, this is too farfetched, although I don't think Bethesda would want to do it. I mean maybe, I don't actually know how they feel about crossovers. Regardless, I'm not putting any hope into it actually being real, but I'm just saying. That would be cool.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I know Nintendo said this won't sell at a loss, but I can't see the Switch being more than $350.

With carts, they may even sell games for less than other consoles.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
You're forgetting oooooone tiiiiiiny detail
THIS IS A CONSOLE. NOT A GAME. Lying about your new system after the Wii U, something that, while has made a profit, was a commercial failure for MANY years. Lying about your new console will make people angrily return it and want their money back. Not to mention this is Nintendo, not Ubisoft or Gearbox. Nintendo's actually been known more for delaying for the sake of improved quality than doctoring videos. The only reason you doubt it is because you doubt it. Nothing reasonable at all
You're the one who sounds unreasonable... You take footage of a completed version and slap it on the screen of something unfinished while the real game is being made. For all we know Nintendo was in a rush and asked Bethesda for footage.

Footage isn't even that impressive since most people can't even tell if it's the remastered version or not and there's multiple frame rate drops, though again that's likely because it's staged like all off-screen footage.

Nintendo's cut and changed things plenty of times... For example NSMB was supposed to have punching and kicking, but that only got into the first trailer.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
so how many new characters for mario kart do you guys think we are going to get...how many new cups do you think we will get
if i had to guess 6 characters and 4 cups would be the minimum as thats what the dlc previously gave us

and if i had to guess the characters would be
king boo(duh) birdo, diddy, bowser jr, toadette and a wildcard so ill just throw in kirby
the courses im at a loss for as i am the new vehicle parts

fow splatoon...3 new maps and more clothing weapons and hair options?

smash speculation is of course where its at again and because we have visible proof konami is backing the switch
well im not saying every brawl characters comming back but its now 100000% more likely than it was before
Mk8.5:

12 new characters. Doubled to justify it as a port. All DLC from 8 included. Characters:

King Boo, Bowser Jr., Birdo, Toadette, Dry Bones, Funky Kong, Diddy Kong, Captain Toad, Kamek, E Gadd, Kirby, Captain Falcon.

8 more cups. Each have stages tied to these new characters. Vehicles:

Bowser Jr.: Ink Maneuver: a small, but fast paced kart powered by paint. Alternate would be the Koopa Klown Car. First is a bike, second cart.

Birdo: The Egg Roller. (That's Yoshi's right?) and whatever yoshi's bike is.

Toadette: Paper Power. An very unique cart made out of paper craft, fairly fast, but has lower control. Flower Power, a petal bike with balanced stats all around.

Dry Bones: The funny Bone. A new and improved skull based cart. Slow but faster then past carts, and has good off road control. Bike: The Xylabone, a super fast bike modeled after Dry Bones.

Funky Kong: Whatever he had in Wii. I just want him back.

Diddy Kong: The barrel blast or whatever his cart is called in DKR. Bike: The Slip Cycle. A banana shaped bike with good speed but bad control.

Captain Toad: Mine Cart: A Clunky cart that can get the job done! Stats are spread all across to make it hard to control but useful if you can. Bike: Spelunke. A bike design after a pick axe. Balanced all around.

Kamek: The Wand. A kart designed after kamek's wand and magic blasts. Balanced. Bike: The Sweeper. A broom shaped book with good drift and speed. Lower control though.

E. Gadd: Gets the poltergeist cart. Bike: Chemical Reaction. A Potion based bike with balanced stats. After all potions need to be balanced to work!

Kirby: Warp Star obviously. Very fast but not control, good drift. Bike: The Cyclone: A cyclone based back to look like Kirby is inhaling opponents. Similar stats to the warp star.

Captain falcon: The Blue Falcon. Already in the game so we are good there. Bike: Falcon Cycle: Captain Falcon's alternative after his blue falcon was stolen for Mario Karting. Good drift, fast speed, no off road capabilities, rest is a balanced combo.

Splatoon: I could see around 6 new maps, more weapons and clothing options, and maybe octolings.

I wonder how far overboard the Smash community will get back on the Smash hype train for a game that we have zero confirmation for a Switch release?
They went out of their way to port Mario Kart 8 over a new entry. Smash Bros is pretty likely imo.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You're the one who sounds unreasonable... You take footage of a completed version and slap it on the screen of something unfinished while the real game is being made. For all we know Nintendo was in a rush and asked Bethesda for footage.

Footage isn't even that impressive since most people can't even tell if it's the remastered version or not and there's multiple frame rate drops, though again that's likely because it's staged like all off-screen footage.

Nintendo's cut and changed things plenty of times... For example NSMB was supposed to have punching and kicking, but that only got into the first trailer.
Didn't Bethesda say they were really excited about this? Considering how long we've waited for the thing to be revealed, that's development time right there, and the March release has more
No **** you can't tell the difference. It's not in your face, and when zoomed in would look worse unless you can somehow enhance ALL those frames.

That's a gameplay change which didn't affect the game in a major way, and it doesn't even count, you claimed Nintendo pulled a Watch Dogs in which the demo LOOKED and PERFORMED better, Not an inconsequential change. By the way, see if Bethesda ended up having better looking demos too, THEY'RE the developers after all
Take-Two is on the Switch devs. list.

Red Dead 2 Switch?
The trailer didn't have the Switch, so no

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Mk8.5:

12 new characters. Doubled to justify it as a port. All DLC from 8 included. Characters:

King Boo, Bowser Jr., Birdo, Toadette, Dry Bones, Funky Kong, Diddy Kong, Captain Toad, Kamek, E Gadd, Kirby, Captain Falcon.

8 more cups. Each have stages tied to these new characters. Vehicles:

Bowser Jr.: Ink Maneuver: a small, but fast paced kart powered by paint. Alternate would be the Koopa Klown Car. First is a bike, second cart.

Birdo: The Egg Roller. (That's Yoshi's right?) and whatever yoshi's bike is.

Toadette: Paper Power. An very unique cart made out of paper craft, fairly fast, but has lower control. Flower Power, a petal bike with balanced stats all around.

Dry Bones: The funny Bone. A new and improved skull based cart. Slow but faster then past carts, and has good off road control. Bike: The Xylabone, a super fast bike modeled after Dry Bones.

Funky Kong: Whatever he had in Wii. I just want him back.

Diddy Kong: The barrel blast or whatever his cart is called in DKR. Bike: The Slip Cycle. A banana shaped bike with good speed but bad control.

Captain Toad: Mine Cart: A Clunky cart that can get the job done! Stats are spread all across to make it hard to control but useful if you can. Bike: Spelunke. A bike design after a pick axe. Balanced all around.

Kamek: The Wand. A kart designed after kamek's wand and magic blasts. Balanced. Bike: The Sweeper. A broom shaped book with good drift and speed. Lower control though.

E. Gadd: Gets the poltergeist cart. Bike: Chemical Reaction. A Potion based bike with balanced stats. After all potions need to be balanced to work!

Kirby: Warp Star obviously. Very fast but not control, good drift. Bike: The Cyclone: A cyclone based back to look like Kirby is inhaling opponents. Similar stats to the warp star.

Captain falcon: The Blue Falcon. Already in the game so we are good there. Bike: Falcon Cycle: Captain Falcon's alternative after his blue falcon was stolen for Mario Karting. Good drift, fast speed, no off road capabilities, rest is a balanced combo.

Splatoon: I could see around 6 new maps, more weapons and clothing options, and maybe octolings.

They went out of their way to port Mario Kart 8 over a new entry. Smash Bros is pretty likely imo.
Yes to all of this.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo: *shows footage of Skyrim on Nintendo Switch*
Some fans: "It's fake guys, Skyrim isn't coming to the NS!"
Some people, seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom