• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Whatever happens tomorrow I really just hope it won't pull a Sun & Moon and spend like half the trailer of people/families playing the NX. That's going to suck the time out of the trailer and I really don't want that to happen.

Chrono.

Whatever happens tomorrow I really just hope it won't pull a Sun & Moon and spend like half the trailer of people/families playing the NX. That's going to suck the time out of the trailer and I really don't want that to happen.
Don't jinx it bro.

dream1ng

Smash Champion
Btw the Japanese NX trailer tmrw is only going to be at most three mins (3分ほど). So, y'know, don't expect a lot.

Apologies if this has already been said.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'd really like to eventually work with Game Freak, but the odds of that ever happening are incredibly low, so I might as well just stick with designing Fakemon.
Still, really cool that GF is doing this.

:094:
I'd love to work at Nintendo or Gamefreak. My degree from school will be in game design, so I'll definitely to them a few years from now. It be amazing to work at either.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I can't wait for you to see the thrilling gameplay of my video game tomorrow.

Everyone tells me the AT&T operator Sholanda Dykes portion of the game is the most thrilling gameplay in gaming since that big fat purple cat's fishing gameplay in that one heinous Sonic game? What was it called Sonic Journey? Sonic Expolration? No that doesn't sound right either.

Oh, who cares they all suck anyways!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Anyways, time for the countdown theme before I hit the hay.
Hey, I never said I was only going to do music from the main games, so don't come crawling to me that you didn't see this coming because of that. :p

This place feels like nothing but an absolute paradise, despite the challenge ahead... and it shall stay forever grand.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I hope they keep NX. It's probably their coolest sounding code name/system ever.

Please don't name it something stupid. Just don't.

NX sounds like something that can contest on the market with Xbox and PlayStation in terms of sounding like a system you're not embarrassed to say you own.

Hell, I wasn't embarrassed to own a Wii or Wii U, but that name. Those names.
It probably won't be called NX and most likely the name will be okay, but I swear to god if they call it the Wii U Theii
http://kotaku.com/heres-what-the-creators-of-pokemon-sun-and-moon-think-a-1787969002

Masuda encourages fan game creators to apply to work at Game Freak.

That's pretty cool.
My crazy dream is to compose for a Metroid game.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Anyways, time for the countdown theme before I hit the hay.
Hey, I never said I was only going to do music from the main games, so don't come crawling to me that you didn't see this coming because of that. :p

This place feels like nothing but an absolute paradise, despite the challenge ahead... and it shall stay forever grand.

OH OH
Ever Grande City

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I hope the NX is just three ******* stacked on top of one of another that go ''Pew Pew Pew" and ''It's a me, Mario!" and they give you a baby carrier for your chest so you can take one ****** with you to play then you just dock them into the other two when you get back home.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I hope the NX is just three ******* stacked on top of one of another that go ''Pew Pew Pew" and ''It's a me, Mario!" and they give you a baby carrier for your chest so you can take one ****** with you to play then you just dock them into the other two when you get back home.
Perfect, absolutely perfect

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
guys....as soon as we see the nx smash speculation officially begins again
there was some heresay before but now....now it will have something solid to go off of

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
there was some heresay before but now....now it will have something solid to go off of
A bit too soon to open up that can of worms :p however, a WiiU port with new features and characters is a whole different beast

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
A bit too soon to open up that can of worms :p however, a WiiU port with new features and characters is a whole different beast
watch smash nx be smash 4 wiiU with
20 additional characters 15 new stages 5 from the 3ds port smash run with online and a new single player mode
also a new ui to fit the system

D

Deleted member

Wait, did I miss something? What's new that makes it no longer heresay?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Inverse the proportion between old and new stages and it's a new entry.
and thats why i said it was a port

but seriously if it is a port with more characters stages and diffrent single player modes how many new characters will there be
what will any new stages look like will they bring 3ds stages to the big screen will they add shovel knight?

looks like youll just have to find out

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
watch smash nx be smash 4 wiiU with
20 additional characters 15 new stages 5 from the 3ds port smash run with online and a new single player mode
also a new ui to fit the system
Watch it be a port of the Wii U version with no new content.
Even better, watch it not exist.

D

Deleted member

In theory, we can make slightly more educated guesses based on the NX's hardware and specs.

That's kinda it.
Well, yeah. But I'm just saying there's nothing that opens to smash speculation yet. As of now all we really know is exactly as we knew before; that the NX exists. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I knew I was in for something when the title changed without me.

Just think, the time period of "when we didn't know what the NX was" will be over in a few hours.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I do not want a Smash U port.

I want them to move on to something new.

Like, I'll wait another 3 or 4 years too. The longer they spend on U the longer it'll be until the next release.

dream1ng

Smash Champion

Just think, the time period of "when we didn't know what the NX was" will be over in a few hours.
Wouldn't be surprised if we still didn't really have a full grasp on what the NX is come this time tomorrow.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I do not want a Smash U port.

I want them to move on to something new.

Like, I'll wait another 3 or 4 years too. The longer they spend on U the longer it'll be until the next release.
If they just added Wolf, Ice Climbers and Inkling (and a Splatoon stage) to the port I'd be satisfied waiting a long time for the next one.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

I figured the news warranted the change absent Oppo. :p

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
It's good that Nintendo is finally announcing this thing. The NX subreddit desperately needs something to talk about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom