• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Well, that definitely explains why it's called "double u" and not "double v"
"u" and "v" being separate letters representing different sounds is a relatively recent phenomenon. For several years (including around when "w" emerged as its own letter), they were still considered to be more or less the same thing, with "v" being used at the beginning of a word, and "u" being used at the middle or end. Capital "U" didn't come about until many years later still, so when "w" came into existence, "V" was still the "main" way of writing what we now use "u" for.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
People want the NX to be a portable? What's with this? I'm hyped for a new home console, a portable system doesn't sound like something I'd want right now.
the current thought is its a home console that doubles as a handheld

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
>Goes to Fumi's twitter
>"Silvagunner making a comeback, NX news-"
>SILVAGUNNER MAKING A COMEBACK
>Checks Silva's channel
>Poorly drawn Wood Man in the banner
>Wood Man remix recently uploaded

Tonight must be the night of impossibilities becoming realities.

:094:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm so excited for tomorrow.

I'm going to Wal Mart after work to buy coffee and energy drinks.

I'm gonna be one supped up hyped up taco for this 3 minute event.

You do not understand. Do not underestimate.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
the current thought is its a home console that doubles as a handheld
That'd be kind of weird, would that mean the controller would be like a Wii U controller, but it can work without the home system on, and the power of the system would really change between the home system and the portable, unless they're having the home system be a lot weaker for portability sake.

Kinda reminds me of Smash 3DS and Wii U's differences, and how 3DS held the Wii U back some, or at least, Ice Climber wise. :laugh:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
>Goes to Fumi's twitter
>"Silvagunner making a comeback, NX news-"
>SILVAGUNNER MAKING A COMEBACK
>Checks Silva's channel
>Poorly drawn Wood Man in the banner
>Wood Man remix recently uploaded

Tonight must be the night of impossibilities becoming realities.

:094:
I think it's one of the last 4 HQRs, SiIva has before the channel completely stops.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
That'd be kind of weird, would that mean the controller would be like a Wii U controller, but it can work without the home system on, and the power of the system would really change between the home system and the portable, unless they're having the home system be a lot weaker for portability sake.

Kinda reminds me of Smash 3DS and Wii U's differences, and how 3DS held the Wii U back some, or at least, Ice Climber wise. :laugh:
Anything keeping the Ice Climbers from returning is cool with me.

Soul.

People want the NX to be a portable? What's with this? I'm hyped for a new home console, a portable system doesn't sound like something I'd want right now.
They merged their console and handheld divisions not too long ago.

The rumors of NX being an x86 home console like PS4 are full of **** and always have been.

Eurogamer's hybrid report has more credibility.

This is being treated as a home gaming system to not lose 3DS sales.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Glad the drought is finally over.

But I'm not going to have ANY expectations before the reveal (not even "confirmed" games or specs).

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Well I can think of a few reasons

So because you can't effectively counter them and raise your skills (which is always possible) against them? Their fans and players should suffer? What he still said was pretty mean. I mean everyone is entitled to their opinions and all that. More power, such and such.

But for a major chunk of the Smash fanbase their cut has been the steepest one since Mewtwo in Brawl. If not worse. It wiped out a whole unique playstyle and franchise in one blow.

Every veteran deserves a chance to return if things permit and Sakurai or whoever the head of the next game is, so sees fit in my opinion.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's still three minutes if we get games shown, we probably won't get titles at all. I doubt they'll just show Breath of the Wild to show off the graphics however.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so if its a console handheld hybrid....will it have backwords compatibility with 3ds games...and if yes does that mean i can street pass myself in yokai watch?....this is important i want a ****** pandanoko

Chrono.

Remember when the Xenoblade guy re-tweeted the one Smash trailer and it turned out to be Robin and Lucina?
"Say hello to my good buddy Shulk :)"

I know that was Sal Romano but I still laugh at that line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom