• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's getting worse than I thought. I never thought I would be getting sick this fast. None of this would have happened if I wasn't so damn stupid. Things are turning from bad to worse.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
BTW no longer possible in Smash 4...
That'd literally be impossible now, though.
Chaingrabs no.

Wobbling might be but they can patch it out but they didn't ever patch the Luma issue where Rosalina is grabbed or stunned after a Shield Break

I'm saying they won't be fixed if there are in the game but don't act surprised about people's fears over them.

Those two (casual and competitive play) are salt magnets to fans

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just realized I'll be at work during the reveal.

Guess I'll use the same strategy I use for Nintendo Directs: Watch the video before I go to any social site.

D

Deleted member

Meanwhile, I have no idda why the hell you're all hyped about
It's a 3-minute video, it's only gonna be a console demonstration and who the hell cares about the console itself
The closest you'll all get is a showcase of Zelda on it, yaay /s
Call me when we get to the actual games because I couldn't care less about its specs or whatever they're called

Chrono.

It's a 3-minute video, it's only gonna be a console demonstration and who the hell cares about the console itself
Call me when we get to the actual games because I couldn't care less about its specs or whatever they're called
No more rumors? That's my reason.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Party pooper.
It's our first actual news in forever. Plus we'll see what rumours are true regarding how the hell it works. Also since the console will reflect the software it gets, we can get a better idea of what to expect in the future.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Anything keeping the Ice Climbers from returning is cool with me.
I would question why you think that way but then I remembered my disdain for a certain character so I guess each to their own.
Just realized I'll be at work during the reveal.

Guess I'll use the same strategy I use for Nintendo Directs: Watch the video before I go to any social site.
My 11AM-2PM class on Thursday was cancelled this week so I don't have to miss this trailer.

Looks like my instructor knew about this and purposely cancelled class to not miss out on it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What's wrong?
A fever, that's what is happening to me.

I had to stand outside of my house for nearly an hour because I left my own key there. Not only that, my closet neighbor wouldn't want to let me in because she was more concerned about her modesty and neatness. And there's major test happpening tomorrow that I refuse to miss, especially when college loves to kill grades for absences.

All could have been avoided if I remembered to keep it in my bag.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
A fever, that's what is happening to me.

I had to stand outside of my house for nearly an hour because I left my own key there. Not only that, my closet neighbor wouldn't want to let me in because she was more concerned about her modesty and neatness. And there's major test happpening tomorrow that I refuse to miss, especially when college loves to kill grades for absences.

All could have been avoided if I remembered to keep it in my bag.
If you have access to Tylenol you should definitely be using it. Is usually good for a few hours so you can take it like every 5 hours or so.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Because getting the console is super important? The name is important for marketing, them showing what the console can do is super important for both casual and hardcore gamers because it can show how much potential said console has.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
This. We finally can know what the NX is.

We did as well with PS4 Pro too. No more rumors and leaks

Now MS tells us more about that Scorpio

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm only expecting to really see a Mario game and Breath of the Wild show off when it comes to games, but we'll see.

If we get anything else I'll be shocked. They might flash a quick little snippet of ''faces" coming to NX. But I expect most of that will be in a Direct later in the year.

Hell, we might even get some of that from their Investor's Meeting next week.

D

Deleted member

I feel this video is a must watch for anyone that is interesed in the NX, since i feel some reflection is needed right now:
(don't expect me to post that much anymore, also sorry if someone already uploaded that video)

Yeah TBH my hype has totally deflated back down to safe levels. We'll probably not get too much by the end of this.

And if we get more then it will be pleasantly surprised.

I am expecting a lot of dissapointment tomorrow though from people who don't do the same.
EDIT Hi speedwagon :)
:061:

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I hope they keep NX. It's probably their coolest sounding code name/system ever.

Please don't name it something stupid. Just don't.

NX sounds like something that can contest on the market with Xbox and PlayStation in terms of sounding like a system you're not embarrassed to say you own.

Hell, I wasn't embarrassed to own a Wii or Wii U, but that name. Those names.

D

Deleted member

I never cared about the rumors and just ignored them altogether
Party pooper.
It's our first actual news in forever. Plus we'll see what rumours are true regarding how the hell it works. Also since the console will reflect the software it gets, we can get a better idea of what to expect in the future.
I don't care much about news on the NX, like, I'm probably not even getting it unless it's a portable with a Pokemon and/or Etrian Odyssey game(Aka the only two series I'm willing to buy a new console for) so I won't be getting it anytime soon

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I wonder who will present the system. I hope it's not someone boring. Please be Bill or Reggie for us.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I never cared about the rumors and just ignored them altogether

I don't care much about news on the NX, like, I'm probably not even getting it unless it's a portable with a Pokemon and/or Etrian Odyssey game(Aka the only two series I'm willing to buy a new console for) so I won't be getting it anytime soon
What if it's a hybrid with Pokemon and/or Etrian Odyssey?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Welp time to bring out the Doomsday again

Also Opossum Opossum @PushDustIn @Frostwraith

You think you guys wanna make a separate thread like we did for the Nintendo Direct/Final Presentation last year or make Social 5.0 because this thread is gonna go fast for the next 12 hours

D

Deleted member

What if it's a hybrid with Pokemon and/or Etrian Odyssey?
Then we are gonna get news on those games one year from now lol
Anyways, I should probably go to sleep now, you kids can go get hype about your Nintendos and waifus and whatnot

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
a half-hour analysis on an announcement of an announcement...
Ok, not really but GXP's speculation on tomorrow's trailer...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Very excited about the "preliminary" NX reveal, but you've gotta think that either it's going to be quite small with this level of publicity or that Nintendo should've been hyping this up for more than a few hrs beforehand... really.

We'll see~

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
What, NX news?!
I was too busy laughing at some good ol' political theater.
"The law perverted! The law — and, in its wake, all the collective forces of the nation — the law, I say, not only diverted from its proper direction, but made to pursue one entirely contrary! The law become the tool of every kind of avarice, instead of being its check! The law guilty of that very iniquity which it was its mission to punish! Truly, this is a serious fact, if it exists, and one to which I feel bound to call the attention of my fellow citizens." - Bastiat, The Law

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Champion
I hope they keep NX. It's probably their coolest sounding code name/system ever.

Please don't name it something stupid. Just don't.

NX sounds like something that can contest on the market with Xbox and PlayStation in terms of sounding like a system you're not embarrassed to say you own.

Hell, I wasn't embarrassed to own a Wii or Wii U, but that name. Those names.
I dunno, Revolution was a pretty amazing name. Especially when you consider what that system ended up being called.

But yeah NX would be a fine final name imo. Better than the last two consoles. Though that's not exactly a high bar.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Once...just once I want a guy in a Wario or Waluigi suit to hijack a presentation.

It'd be beautiful.

If only Super Wario Bros were a game that could be an NX launch title.

D

Deleted member

Leaker here, the NX is called the Wii U 2 4 U. Or they might've scrapped that and went with Wii U 4 U 2, or if not that 2 Wii U 4 U, or Wii C U Pii, or Wii 4 U 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I will not buy an NX until I Roger Smith, finally get a video game. Futurama? Pfft. Family Guy? Heck no. Simpsons? Too many games.

It's my time to shine. I'll see you on NX in March 2017 starring in Roger Smith Stars in American Dad: The Video Game: No One Cares About The Rest of The Family, Sorry Franny, But Not You Klaus, You Really Do Suck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom