• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Found this video...was posted last week but still somewhat relevant on the eve of the Nintenpocalypse...
and he brings up some valid points that I've been considering for a while considering the Wii U...

The casual market is a big market, but it IS a very temporary market...
Pokemon Go is a prime example of this actually as it's not nearly as much of a juggernaught that it was when it was 'the cool thing to do' at the time...

I myself hope that Nintendo does actually try to cater towards the hardcore market more as this is the market that are more likely to invest themselves on a more long term basis...

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Aw yeah, we are finally getting the NX reveal tomorrow!

Too bad the trailer comes out right when I'm in the smack-dab middle of my first class, so I won't have the thrill of watching it live. To those that will hanging around this thread at 9:00 AM tomorrow, I hope you have the best of fun watching it live! I won't be able to watch the trailer once I'm done with my first class.

I think it's time we play some fitting music celebrating the hype and anticipation for the big day tomorrow.

Indeed, it really is the final countdown to the big news. Can't wait!

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
why is this a goal

are you a shareholder
Well for some people, they're better off having their money in someone else's hands. So, I'm assuming the people at Nintendo are tight with money.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo
you should consider several factors...

Do you own a Wii U? (If no ignore the following and just get the NX version and invest in a new system)
Are you impressed with the NX's launch lineup (whenever it'll be revealed of course)?
Are you willing to wait to buy BotW later or are you getting it release no matter what?
Do you care about graphics, specs, performance, etc?
Are you planning on getting the NX regardless? At launch?

It should be clear after thinking about these questions...

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's going to be getting new games.

Wii U only get Zelda.

NX gets Zelda plus tons of other stuff including Sonic 2017.
But not Mania and that's more important

But neither is the Wii U :troll:
Nor the 3DS
IMG_0979.JPG

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well for some people, they're better off having their money in someone else's hands. So, I'm assuming the people at Nintendo are tight with money.
Lord knows they don't see the need to spend money on advertising campaigns.

Hey. Considering its Generations 2 in all but name, I think it's okay to be excited.
It's nice but it's not really some great coup when the vast majority of Sonic games come to Nintendo systems...

I mean Mania will probably come too when that indie dev gets an NX devkit.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I was looking debate **** when suddenly I realized

THIS IS DA BEST WEEK BOIS

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Lord knows they don't see the need to spend money on advertising campaigns.

It's nice but it's not really some great coup when the vast majority of Sonic games come to Nintendo systems...

I mean Mania will probably come too when that indie dev gets an NX devkit.
I kinda doubt it.

Sonic CD remake was released a year before the Wii U dropped and devs could ported it over but didn't.

If Mania gets an NX port then it needs something unique for it because by that time, someone would have ported it to the 3DS with a bigger install base by that point.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I interrupt this NX hype to bring you Sun and Moon Demo spoilers regarding an interesting interaction within the demo...

Apparently you can mess around with the 3DS's timer and trigger certain events that are supposed to happen later and this Youtuber found one that involved Lillie in the demo...
edit: my B...

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ok? I got the wii one at the time

The Wii one was the only one I heard about. Yes yes I know but I legit didnt know it was on gamecube at the time
Well since my Nintendo who works at uncle told me Nintendo is only planning on releasing BotW for the NX then cutting support entirely you're making the right call to skip it. I retract my previous comments.

I kinda doubt it.

Sonic CD remake was released a year before the Wii U dropped and devs could ported it over but didn't.

If Mania gets an NX port then it needs something unique for it because by that time, someone would have ported it to the 3DS with a bigger install base by that point.
You might be right. I dunno.

I am not one to follow closely nor invest much time in the Sonic series nowadays.

Though anecdotally late ports are no stranger to Nintendo consoles.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I interrupt this NX hype to bring you Sun and Moon Demo spoilers regarding an interesting interaction within the demo...

Apparently you can mess around with the 3DS's timer and trigger certain events that are supposed to happen later and this Youtuber found one that involved Lillie in the demo...
edit: my B...
Disappointed that it wasn't the twirl

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well.
Barring forms, which currently consist of: Evolving and then breeding the deerling line an extra 3 times, 4 times the factor for Florges, a second Unfezant, an extra charizard, and tuesday farming Rotoms to have all forms (yse that's a stacked amount there but still...

I've gotten down to ~255 for a living dex. Burned most of my day off to do it but damn it feels good to take down a chunk of this.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Well.
Barring forms, which currently consist of: Evolving and then breeding the deerling line an extra 3 times, 4 times the factor for Florges, a second Unfezant, an extra charizard, and tuesday farming Rotoms to have all forms (yse that's a stacked amount there but still...

I've gotten down to ~255 for a living dex. Burned most of my day off to do it but damn it feels good to take down a chunk of this.
just a heads up a living dex only comprises one of every pokemon you dont need to get all the forms for one

granted im going to be getting one of every Stat altering permenant form's (the rotoms, deoxsys, wormadams) due to
alolan "forms"

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Personally i'm getting BoTW for Wii U but that's mainly because I don't suspect i'll be getting an NX within 6-10 months of it's release. Plus I bet it'll be easier finding the Wii U version in stock than the NX version granted that a lot of NX buyers are going to want to buy the NX version. That and if the NX version ends up selling like hotcakes (ala the Wii) it'll be really hard to find.

So anyone want to throw in some names that could be the NX's real name? Here's mine...

Nintendo Fusion
Nintendo Cross
Nintendo Xtreme
Nintendo Life
Nintendo Revolution (would be a cool way to bring back the Revolution title that wasn't used for the Wii)
Nintendo X
Nintendo Go
Nintendo NeXt
Nintendo Omega
Nintendo Mega

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
People are gonna think it's a mobile game with a name like that :troll:
Good point though one could argue that if Smartphone connectivity was a big component of the NX and that Nintendo wants to capitalize on Pokemon Go's success that it would be an appropriate title.

Personally i'm pulling for Nintendo Xtreme to be the name. Doubt it but the name sounds dope.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
In an effort to think like Nintendo when it comes to naming consoles...

Nintendo Cross (if hybrid makes the most sense especially since Nintendo Cross can be shortened to NX)
Nintendo Experience (NEX is one that I've seen speculated before, I think it may have come from a fake/not fake? rumour)
Nintendo Red (I wouldn't mind this)
Nintendo Ya (I don't know why this popped into my head...actually yes...yes I do..."Wii")
Nintendo Play ("A new way to PLAY" wasn't that their new slogan or something or am I mistaken?)
Nintendo Journey/Explore (also if hybrid, signifies going on a Journey/Exploring with the console)

Nintendo Wii 3 (:troll:)

D

Deleted member

More leaks, this these are potential names for when they improve the NX(Like the XboneS):
Evil Nintendo
Orochi Nintendo
Violent Nintendo
Omega Nintendo
God Nintendo
Shin Nintendo
Awoken Nintendo
Cyber Nintendo
Watendo
Nintendo One
Metal Nintendo
Shadow Nintendo