• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My phone broke

Well, it would work...But for some reason a charger can't plug into it

I'm now forced to get an upgrade

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
NX should get TF2 so I have a reason to get it.

...Don't look at me that way. :4megaman:
If anything Overwatch needs to be on NX.

Plus imagine the exclusive costumes like

Hanzo as :4link:
Pharah as :4samus:
Roadhog as :4wario:
Winston as :4dk:
76 as :4fox: or :4falcon:
Tracer as Inkling

And the best one
:4rob: as Bastion

D

Deleted member

If anything Overwatch needs to be on NX.

Plus imagine the exclusive costumes like

Hanzo as :4link:
Pharah as :4samus:
Roadhog as :4wario:
Winston as :4dk:
76 as :4fox: or :4falcon:
Tracer as Inkling

And the best one
:4rob: as Bastion
Thiiiiisssss!

Some other cool ones I can think of are:
Junkrat as Waluigi
Anything :4bowser:and/or koopaling themed would work well for Junkrat/Roadhog too.

Reinhardt as :4dedede:

Genji as :4sheik:(yes, male. :p Hehehehe, trap/bishie bias.) and/or :4corrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

EVERY ****ING TIME.

*throws hands in air and leaves*
So are your hands in the air, like you just don't care? :p

Really though, overwatch does make a lot more sense, more recent and more modern than TF2, and not to mention that most of the TF2 crowd is dedicated to PC anyway. Also, last time TF2 was on consoles, it died.... Pretty badly. Especially compared to how lively the PC version still is, the console version even when I played it years back is dead with broken servers. Plus with the way the TF2 community and system works, it wouldn't really work that well on console.

Not bashing TF2 or anything, I love that game, but Overwatch is a more logical choice TBH.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since I can't play Overwatch on PC, it being on NX would be a way for me to try it

What I want to see with the NX showing is Mario NX Though

I want to know what Mario can do next gen

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So are your hands in the air, like you just don't care? :p

Really though, overwatch does make a lot more sense, more recent and more modern than TF2, and not to mention that most of the TF2 crowd is dedicated to PC anyway. Also, last time TF2 was on consoles, it died.... Pretty badly. Especially compared to how lively the PC version still is, the console version even when I played it years back is dead with broken servers. Plus with the way the TF2 community and system works, it wouldn't really work that well on console.

Not bashing TF2 or anything, I love that game, but Overwatch is a more logical choice TBH.
None of that is the problem. Its the fact that Overwatch wasn't even related to the original post and I suggested TF2 getting something nice and all of the sudden, there can only be one. Just like every other time I mention TF2.

"I played TF2 the other day."
"Yo you should play Overwatch instead!"

"TF2 should try consoles again"
"No Overwatch should because--"

Okay fine. You like Overwatch, I get it. Now stop shoving it up my ass, I'll play it when I can. Until then I'm playing TF2. :4tlink:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really enjoyed TF2 but everyone plays Overwatch now

I can't play overwatch because of issues with my Battle.net account

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I decided to do a push-up for every time the word "Overwatch" was mentioned in this page.

Me right now: :067:

D

Deleted member

None of that is the problem. Its the fact that Overwatch wasn't even related to the original post and I suggested TF2 getting something nice and all of the sudden, there can only be one. Just like every other time I mention TF2.
Doesn't make it an illogical conclusion though. :p As they do have a similar concepts. But regardless of Overwatch, eh, TF2 would be pretty illogical and unlikely to be honest.(Especially since anything TF2 outside of PC TF2 usually ends up bleh.) Which was more so my point, rather than going over the positives of Overwatch on it.

I really enjoyed TF2 but everyone plays Overwatch now

I can't play overwatch because of issues with my Battle.net account
Well, that's unfortunate, as you need that account for the console versions too.

I decided to do a push-up for every time the word "Overwatch" was mentioned in this page.

Me right now: :067:
That'd give you 21 pushups... Which is failing in a standard PE push up test. :p

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Doesn't make it an illogical conclusion though. :p As they do have a similar concepts. But regardless of Overwatch, eh, TF2 would be pretty illogical and unlikely to be honest.(Especially since anything TF2 outside of PC TF2 usually ends up bleh.) Which was more so my point, rather than going over the positives of Overwatch on it.
>makes a joke post about TF2 being on NX
>makes a post pointing out why Overwatch would go first
>points out Overwatch wasn't even relevant
>makes a post pointing out Overwatch would still go first

Plz keep saying Overwatch, I wanna get swolesquito :4dk:
Overwætch bruh git fit

D

Deleted member

>makes a joke post about TF2 being on NX
>makes a post pointing out why Overwatch would go first
>points out Overwatch wasn't even relevant
>makes a post pointing out Overwatch would still go first

Overwætch bruh git fit
>It was a joke? Well, my apologies then. But still, I couldn't tell it was besides the second half. Either way, don't take me all that seriously. I'm rather silly. :p Though I can see why people think I'm very serious while having conversations on the internet due to how I type and such.
>Well yeah, it's a conclusion many people come to as they're both similar in concept, so that's why Champ brought up Overwatch.
>To you know, but that doesn't stop from other people from coming up with their own thoughts.
>No, my point in the posts talking about TF2, once again, were not primarily the point, the primary point was about on why TF2 wouldn't be likely regardless of overwatch. Overwatch being more logical is more of a sidethought in the posts.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>It was a joke? Well, my apologies then. But still, I couldn't tell it was besides the second half. Either way, don't take me all that seriously. I'm rather silly. :p
>Well yeah, it's a conclusion many people come to as they're both similar in concept, so that's why Champ brought up Overwatch.
>To you know, but that doesn't stop from other people from coming up with their own thoughts.
>No, my point in the posts talking about TF2, once again, were not primarily the point, the primary point was about on why TF2 wouldn't be likely regardless of overwatch. Overwatch being more logical is more of a sidethought in the posts.

Bro. I'm gonna need to be either more drunk or less sick to continue this without completely removing my cap. You're still forcing a TF2 VS OW convo when it didn't exist in the first place. You're encouraging a two-sided fight when it wasn't needed. Yes, Overwatch would be more logical, but that's not, nor was, the point. It was one individual saying "this game" and someone else shoehorning their game into it.

But you know what? Not even gonna hold it against ya, 'cause ****ing everyone does it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
People are using Overwatch to get fit?

I better remind myself to play Overwatch, while looking at Overwatch pictures on tumblr, while wearing an Overwatch shirt, while looking for more Overwatch mercandhise online, while minimizing to look at my Overwatch background....

Don't worry bro I got you...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I figured out why I couldn't connect to my Nintendo Network account at least

Because it's linked to my regular 3DS, not my n3DS

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I would like to interject the bickering about TF2 and Overwatch by saying....

While by far from a great movie? Sarah Michelle Gellar's chase scene makes I Know What You Did Last Summer stand out.

D

Deleted member

You're still forcing a TF2 VS OW convo .
Not really, again, I was on the topic of TF2 and when you brought that up the first thing I thought of was the Orange Box console ports, I didn't scale Orange Watermelon's quality to TF2, it was more so of an observation on why it wouldn't work, which has nothing to do with Orange Watermelon but rather how TF2 itself is. I also never brought up Orange Watermelon myself in comparison to TF2, by the time I made that post explaining why TF2 wouldn't work be likely, OW was already brought up.

Yes, Overwatch would be more logical, but that's not, nor was, the point. It was one individual saying "this game" and someone else shoehorning their game into it.
So yeah, my intention wasn't to compare the two, it was just something I brought up since it was already brought up, and not even as the main point. Not only that but I had no idea that people were still so sensitive when the two are even mentioned in the same sentence. I did say overwatch would be logical, yes, but it's mostly because I assumed that you were thinking it was less logical, I had no idea you were actually just upset about it even being brought up.

TLDR; I'm not scaling the two in quality, I brought up OW because it was what was being talked about, and I could've said whatever in it's place if that held true, regardless of that games quality Or heck, whatever comparison. Before OW was being brought up I was going to semi-jokingly say that Half Life 3 is more likely as a small example. :p

And my intention especially wasn't to upset anyone.

D

Deleted member

Well.
Barring forms, which currently consist of: Evolving and then breeding the deerling line an extra 3 times, 4 times the factor for Florges, a second Unfezant, an extra charizard, and tuesday farming Rotoms to have all forms (yse that's a stacked amount there but still...

I've gotten down to ~255 for a living dex. Burned most of my day off to do it but damn it feels good to take down a chunk of this.
Boy, I've got bad news for you
Ya see, you CAN'T get any of the other Deerling/Sawsbuck forms in Gen 6, only Spring which is the default
If you want the other three, you'll have to get them on BW/B2W2 and then transfer them to Gen 6
I'm still disappointed with the fact Winter form isn't obtainable in Gen 6

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just double check, I didn't dream that NX's debut was coming right?

D

Deleted member

Hello, everybody, what are today's first ne--

OMGIOVNY?CS.GPOEVIOOOOOOGVNPO?BH¨PV.JPO?CS.E%PK/VDRI?ERHVEPO?VRPOJB????V.HK.J¨P.H¨PK.HTKTL?VVVVVPIOTHJB?PHJPNJ?BPD/JBN?YPOBJRV?P.JEKY/R£?ÖSJNZIOPZJ?Q90U?8349BU54P?U.E£.¨5IN.ËBV?¨0Y?UBEOYB¨P5IY5P967BOHY?OI5UY?P956U4IOVHPO.6UNSB86N?E9BYP?UERPMBY?UBE¨YNR6I45?1TNTR1RBUDREBUOV?OEMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIY?VYUP9T?UVNYE8ORNY?VYU?UE0NVEY9NRY?ESV.ESUY?????????????B¨µYU9ORUYPO58Y9OBR8?PR8YBR?OBYPV.U¨5RYLR6YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So, this place is gonna be nothing but speculation about the NX.

Oh boy. Things never changes here, don't they?
Better that than Pokémon.

Seriously, that's all there's been for Nintendo fans to talk about for months.

Hopefully it looks good, but I am definitely getting a PS4 Pro, so if I am to get NX at launch, it has to have a strong line up and a reasonable price point.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Huh.

I'm not even excited about the reveal at this point because of all the leaks and rumours making me tired and Nintendo waiting sooooo long.

Pretty sure I will think its good but it will still somehow disappoint me in some ways.]

Edit: just saw that its 3 mins long. Thats so stupid. whatever, nintendo.
HOWEVER.

The GAMES I am excited for. Gotta see some NEW announcements!!!
Really want to see more Zelda BotW, DQ11 and the Pikmin 4.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

The real Cold War.
Red = Countries searching more about Red Dead Redemption 2.
Blue = Countries searching more about Nintendo NX.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
if gen 4 gets a remake....does this mean primal dialga will be canon?

i ask because that would mean they might remix primal dialgas boss music

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
if gen 4 gets a remake....does this mean primal dialga will be canon?

i ask because that would mean they might remix primal dialgas boss music
Primal (aka Dark Dialga) isn't a Primal Reversion.

I doubt there will be new ones in future gens anyway, since Gen 7 apparently introduced no new megas. (so far) A shame they toss out new ideas so fast. They're going to become overstuffed with new content eventually.

Hmm, well I hope that's the case then.

----

Last edited:

Chrono.

I doubt there will be new ones in future gens anyway, since Gen 7 apparently introduced no new megas. (so far) A shame they toss out new ideas so fast. They're going to become overstuffed with new content eventually.

----
Megas are still around so no they haven't been "tossed out" yet.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The music going through my head right now waiting for the NX reveal is the Pursuit music from Spirit of Justice. I think it's because we've waited to long and finally, BAM! progress and the end is in sight.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

----
hold on let me quote you a thing

On Mega Evolutions…

Shigeru Ohmori: With Pokémon Sun and Moon, we wanted to focus on a new addition to the battles, and that’s what we put in as the Z moves. The basic concept is that each Pokémon in the game will be able to use one of these Z moves once per battle to unleash a really powerful move. We felt that really increases the range of Pokémon that can be viable in a battle from a strategy perspective. That really allows people to use a lot of different Pokémon. We really wanted to have people kind of get used to this new idea, this new strategic element. So over the course of the main scenario of the main game, Mega Evolutions don’t appear. But once you finish the story, you unlock the access to Mega Evolve Pokémon. You run through the main game learning about these new Z moves, and after the game you unlock more strategic depth by combining Z move with mega-evolve Pokémon.
http://nintendoeverything.com/pokem...hoosing-platform-for-next-entry-3d-much-more/

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I love how, considering the debate, sun and moon demo, and NX news, you guys are saying best week ever.
Ad I'm over here in my corner like
RWBY THIS WEEK! **** ALL THIS OTHER STUFF!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The music going through my head right now waiting for the NX reveal is the Pursuit music from Spirit of Justice. I think it's because we've waited to long and finally, BAM! progress and the end is in sight.

I think this one fits the occasion more.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Okay, it's nap time. I'm going to try and have a 2 and a bit hour sleep and then wake up for the trailer... which will be at 1pm for me.

Woooo... timezones.

The trailer launches at 12am in Japan... which I guess kinda makes sense?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I interrupt this NX hype to bring you Sun and Moon Demo spoilers regarding an interesting interaction within the demo...

Apparently you can mess around with the 3DS's timer and trigger certain events that are supposed to happen later and this Youtuber found one that involved Lillie in the demo...
edit: my B...
Beat me to this! This is really interesting though. I didn't spoil my self to the answer of that question, but I look forward to find out what it is. Should be pretty neat to see how the story goes from there.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
why is this a goal

are you a shareholder
ALL HAIL OUR NINTENDO OVERLORDS!!!

Actually I was just too tired to find more than two real arguments, so I gave up.

The real Cold War.
I'm glad to be in the blue ones.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
In other news, Spirit Tracks is coming to the Wii U eShop in North America.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/the-legend-of-zelda-spirit-tracks-wii-u
ooh cool, I only played it once and I cant find it anymore

The real Cold War.
I like how most of Africa doesnt care about either one

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
In minor news, Alolan Persian is now officially revealed.

Is still fat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom