• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I know what it meant before, BLM made a video on it. To me it's rather silly, it's like seeing in the headlines "Nuclear Holocaust: Women most at risk."
I guess it's like, yeah, it's pretty obvious that low-income/minorities are generally forced to live in ****ty, hazardous areas. But why do they? And so they made a term for it cause it's a big issue.

D

Deleted member

I guess it's like, yeah, it's pretty obvious that low-income/minorities are generally forced to live in ****ty, hazardous areas. But why do they? And so they made a term for it cause it's a big issue.
That's a very simple answet, urban areas which have very high population and thus also much more minorities, have always been hot spots for pollution ever since the late 1800s, because in urban areas there are a lot more people(more workers) and bigger buisness, both which you usually need for things that also happen to pollute.

The people that run these businesses want to make a profit, they don't really think about who it potentailly effects. Just like they didn't put nuclear power plants right next to my city of millionaires and surfers to potentially kill all of us if a malfunction were to happen.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Environmental racism is just another way the powers that be can those keep those under them even more powerless. Can't really rebel or fight back when your own home is trying to kill ya.
What do y'all think about public housing?
I think it's a horrible tragedy of commons and promotes generational poverty and irresponsibility.

Awesome! When did you read it? I haven't started The Other Wind yet, but after I finish the book I've gotta read for school: Stephen King's Gunslinger
Ged x Tenar otp :D
Nothing wrong with trying to provide an option to those with less income. It's just executed poorly most of the time. there's probably plenty of successful public housing projects out there. It can always be better though.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Great that we finally got to see Silver in an anime format but that's not the voice I expected him to have personally. I also envisioned him having a deep hatred for his father and wanting to hunt him down as opposed to not wanting to bud heads with him.

Still good though. I hope they revisit Johto at the end of the series for the final GSC battle.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Two episodes today, nice!

First episode was a retelling of the Celebi event from HGSS with Looker as a guest star, as it tells us of Giovanni's final depart and Silver's reaction to it. Like that event, it also tells us why Silver is the way he was at the beginning of the game and why he's so adamant in getting stronger on its own rather then relying on others (and why he considers Team Rocket to be weak). It's an interesting look into a popular character, and it gives him a clear base for what causes him to change over the course of HGSS.

The second episode is a retelling of the Burned Tower legend, though with some additions. The additions give a bit more about the Pokémon's characters and why they roam/wait for a pure hearted trainer as now instead of it just being unexplained, they do so because people initially reacted to their rebirth as an abomination of nature. It's a good addition I feel as it makes things more clear for why they act the way they do and expand on their lore, which is something that all four legendaries appreciate since they're not as delved into as much compared to later legendaries (I do wish they'd do the same with Lugia though). Also, the remix of the Legendary Beasts theme at the end was beautiful, it definitely helped the final scene.

All in all, two pretty good episodes, they don't tell us too much about what we didn't know about the characters, but at least it gives us something more to appreciate about each. Between the two, my favorite would probably be the latter as I'm a sucker for lore and seeing it expand even if slightly, so that episode caught my interest a bit more since it's always nice to hear more about the legends that form the regions we visit.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My thoughts on Generations episodes five and six!

First and foremost...ahem...
OHMYGODYAYANOTHERLOOKEREPISODEYESSSSSSSS

With that out of the way, I really liked this one. Even ignoring Looker (gasp), it was a strong episode. Eh actually managed to make Silver, by far my least favorite rival, actually tolerable and sympathetic, even more so than the HGSS Celebi event did, which was nice. Giovanni's voice still sounds unnaturally robotic though.

Over all, I give it a "I know it was Japanese but I could swear the street sign in Silver's flashback said 'orgy' for a second"/10
Awww, this one was sweet.

Also I totally got my prediction right, sans Morty not appearing. Also, I guess we can put the "Legendary Beasts were the Kanto Eeveelutions before they burned to death" theory to rest...which is a shame; I rather liked that one.

Was the whole "humans turning on them" bit in the games? I don't remember it, but I like the concept. The ending was heartwarming.

I give it a "how exactly old IS Eusine?"/10

Chrono.

The Burned Tower episode reminded me of that old "Legendary Beasts used to be Jolteon, Flareon and Vaporeon" theory I always liked.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
F-Zero is the JoJo of racing game.
I mean, it's so weird sometime that it just work and the silliest thing you can see put more a smile on your face than a facepalm in my opinion.
After that, well...the two media have nothing in commun...
But hey, it's just a opinion, A GAME Opinion, thanks for reading.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So FNAF Sister Location...
And OHMYGOD indeed, the gameplay so far seem NOTHING like the previous one. I have to check more tough.
Also, the game look really polished! Like, WOW, Scott really did his best for what I am seeing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Of note, as of today, the only two scenes from the Generations trailer we haven't seen yet are Buck's Claydol vs Heatran, and Cheryl and her Chansey being pursued by a ghost. These will likely be in the same episode, focused on the stat trainers. Reilly, Mira, and Marley may make appearances as well.

Combined with what's left of the poster, here's what we are, for sure, getting:

- Stat Trainer Episode
- Kyogre vs Groudon Episode
- Cyrus and Giratina at Spear Pillar Episode (that might have Looker :D)
- N, Ghetsis, and Kyurem Episode (possibly more than one, since N is front and center like Looker)
- AZ and Lysandre episode

If I had to guess additional ones, I think episodes featuring Colress, the Delta Episode, potentially Looker's XY postgame section, Gold vs Red, and a Sun/Moon promotion are likely, based on what's been given so far.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Those dogs were a bit to big to be them, werent they?
Those silhouettes are Eusine's understanding of the situation, though.
Retelling an event from his early childhood.
I don't think the details of what size and exactly what were the "dogs" can be taken at full.

edit:
Burruni Burruni do you have time to trade now? I'll PM you my FC if you do.
sure

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I liked the episode with Silver. The other one, not as much.
-----
First Alpha Sapphire Update:
Destroyer
Kumatora
LilMacshroom

I picked the female character, like in my Y run.
So far, I just defeated Roxanne and retrived the Devon parts, and whenever I get the chance to play more.
Also you can't deny that my Shroomish's nickname is brilliant :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For the record I changed the title so I wouldn't forget. :p

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Environmental racism is just another way the powers that be can those keep those under them even more powerless. Can't really rebel or fight back when your own home is trying to kill ya.

Nothing wrong with trying to provide an option to those with less income. It's just executed poorly most of the time. there's probably plenty of successful public housing projects out there. It can always be better though.
Hm. Perhaps, but I think they would far better have been served if the feds didn't come in and bulldoze all those middle income houses and businesses to create slums. There might be some successful public housing, but I think it's the tendency of bureaucracies to end up corrupt and inefficient. There is no combination of means testing and incentives that is anything like the incentives provided by actually owning a thing to want to improve and economize with that resource.
IMO all codes need to be updated to allow tiny houses. It's a real shame that cities are appeasing their special interest building contractors and keeping people homeless when they need a place. They'd be a lot better than public houses IMO.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Awesome! When did you read it? I haven't started The Other Wind yet, but after I finish the book I've gotta read for school: Stephen King's Gunslinger
Ged x Tenar otp :D
Oh geez.....like over 10 years ago I read that series.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oooooooh Myyyyyyyy Godddddddddd, what the heck, this isn't FNAF! It's totally different, what.....
Scott, how did you do this??? It's so different from every FNAF-like game I see....
And there is ****ing voice acting and even cutscene with cartoon!
Whaaaaaaaaaat.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Beat Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice last night.

Thoughts? It's a pretty decent game. I only played the demo for Shattered Crystal, but I can already say Fire and Ice flows much. While not as tight as the classic games, it's very fun to move around. Speed running is also very fun. The fire and ice mechanics work great, and the game can be decently challenging at times. Boss battles are also fun, and use both of the 3DS' screens, something I wish more games would do. There are several optional mini-game levels as well. They're fine, but I could have done without the Tails sub levels.

The story, while not amazing, is pretty charming. It feels like an extended episode of the show. It has some groaners, but it also has some good gags. If you like the show, you'll like the story.

The music is decent, but not amazing by Sonic standards. It does its job well. Here are some favorites of mine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUWnr8RtuUA&t=947s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE6Q0QPpxFw&t=168s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykGkcgB9f-0&t=502s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT1-E3dNCDw&t=1066s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9H4358qmXQ&t=399s

The visuals are okay, if a tad generic. The in-game models look good from a distance, but look ugly up close. This can especially be seen in the in-game cutscenes.

Would I recommend Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice? Yes, but wait for a price drop. $40 is too much for how short it is, I got it for $30 (thank you Amazon Prime), but it still felt a little short for that price.

A year ago, SEGA admitted they betrayed their fans' trust and wanted to win them back, not just with Sonic, but the company as a whole. They wanted to focus on quality, and one of their first actions was delaying this game a whole year. I was not impressed with Rise of Lyric, and like many others, I did not want another Sonic Boom. But Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice shows that the Boom sub-series has potential when it comes to games. And if SEGA/Sanzaru decide to make another Boom game that improves the formula even further, we could really get something great.

You did good SEGA and Sanzaru, you did good.

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
How bad is it predicted to be there?

It's passing my area right now and it's not too bad.
not too bad. still have power and just some gusts of wind. though i imagine the coast like daytona is having the worst time right now.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
not too bad. still have power and just some gusts of wind. though i imagine the coast like daytona is having the worst time right now.
I think most of that storms energy went to Haiti where it killed over 100 people, I think, let me check.

Last I saw at college was 100
welp, nearly 300 killed

The poor guys

Last edited:

Chrono.

So Riddler is doing their thing again.

They're hinting at Salandit's evolution and making people guess on what it's based on, they presented 4 options

1. Nine Tailed Fox
2. Cleopatra VII
3. Medusa
4. Siren

The other thing is this: "don't think you know everything about the starters just because of the latest news about their mid evolutions and the previous leak about their final evolutions. Of course, we're not talking about their skills, abilities, data, stats, etc. Some guesses about the three starters are also not true . The descriptions of starters also don't make things fully clear, the is only one truth: You don't know everything about the starters at all."

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just watched the newest episode of Pokemon XY&Z. It's been three weeks since the last one aired, so it felt pretty refreshing watching today's episode after a long day.

And it was a good episode. Not an amazing episode by any means, but it was still good.

I don't know if I should put a spoiler tag for this or not, but I'd thought I'd share a highlight from the episode that's worth mentioning: After 20 years, Ash finally got a medal for saving the world!

And another picture worth sharing: pay attention to Charizard and Greninja in it.

Despite the fandom's disappointment over the Kalos League finals, it looks Greninja and Charizard are now best buddies. I mean, just look at how the two pose for the picture.

Now for my review of the episode:

This episode was basically the epilogue to the Team Flare arc. Lumiose City has been recovering really well following the destruction, with most of its structures being rebuilt at a fast pace. Even Prism Tower has been restored pretty well thanks to Ash, Serena, Bonnie, Pikachu, Dedenne, the other Pokemon, and Meyer.

Meanwhile, Clemont has been repairing Clembot, who previously died after sacrificing itself to shut down Team Flare's machine about three episodes ago. Admittedly, I was worried about how they would handle Clembot following its death. It became clear that it would be revived, and I thought Clembot being it's same self would take away the emotional impact; the only way Clembot's death would truly have meaning if it were repaired is if the new one doesn't have any memories of Clemont or any battle it had prior.

My prayers were answered. Clembot has been completely reset; it treats Clemont like a new person, and it needs to learn the basics of battle strategy. Good move, writers!

We then see Team Rocket eating at a restaurant, and they get a call from Giovanni. He congratulates them for destroying Team Flare; this is one of the few moments in the series where the Rocket trio actually succeeds in something and get recognized by the boss. Overjoyed, they try to come up with a present for Giovanni. They eventually settle on Ash's Pikachu.

Eh, that's redundant. I know it's just Team Rocket doing their thing, but still. If they really wanted to give Giovanni a treat, they should've bought some Lumiose Galettes since they are the Kalos regional exclusive treats.

As the episode title suggests, a challenger who previously lost to the Lumiose Gym has returned for a rematch. This kid is named Alba, and he recognizes Ash from the Kalos League finals. No, he doesn't mock Ash for losing. In fact, it's the opposite. Alba is actually super excited to meet him, and he tells Ash that he had an amazing battle with Alain. Ash senses Alba's energy and roots him on, encouraging him to go for the badge. We also learn that Alba previously fought Clembot and lost to it, and now it wants a rematch against it. Luckily for Clemont, he can use the Clembot for its new first battle so that it can learn the ropes.

Ash and the gang temporarily visit Sycamore's lab, where they find Mairin decorating the facility to prepare for Alain's return. Everyone helps her arrange the party, baking sweets and decorating the outer hallway. We see Sycamore transporting Alain by car, and he gets a warm welcome from everyone upon arriving back at the lab. They then have a feast.

Ash talks about his new goal to everyone present: he tells them that he will return to Kanto to "start from zero." When I read that line, I felt worried thinking about the possibility that Sun and Moon would reset Ash's personality to his BW self. Ash expands on the statement and explains that he wants to fight more trainers in order to grow stronger.

Probably one of my favorite parts about this episode is Alain's characterization here. He still feels guilty after learning how Lysandre tricked him, and with Team Flare defeated, he doesn't know where to go from there. He also lost some confidence. I mean, take a look at this clip.

You can see the guilt in his face.

He gets a warm welcome from all the Pokemon in Sycamore's lab (including the Garchomp), and Ash meets up with him there. Ash tells him that he really enjoyed their battle in the Kalos League, and he tries to give Alain a more optimistic way of looking at the future. It was a pretty great scene as it showed how much the two have grown together not only as rivals but also as friends.

Team Rocket then shows up and steals Pikachu. Ash and Alain use Greninja and Charizard respectively to free it and take out Team Rocket. As they are being blasted off, James acknowledges that at least they got beaten "by the two champions." This quote struck me. Again, most fans have this sense that Ash is a loser for losing the finals, but James gives a great outlook and states Ash was also a champion. Indeed, Ash almost won that battle after all, and this is the farthest he's ever accomplished in a League.

We now reach the main meat of the episode: Clembot vs Alba. I don't have much to say about this scene. It wasn't the most impressive battle ever, but it was neat. Alba used a Vivillion, female Pyroar, and a Cubone while Clement used Magnemite, Magenton, and Heliolisk. Alba gets the first kill on the Magnemite through a combination of Flash, Quiver Dance, and a finishing attack. Magneton takes out Vivillion and Pyroar very easily thanks to the Rain Dance + Thunder strategy, while Alba's Cubone knocks out Magneton and gets a decent battle with Heliolisk, ultimately knocking it out with a Bone Rush that broke through Helioliks's attack. Alba gets his badge from Clembot and rejoices, with Ash congratulating him on a job well done and tells him he's one step closer to reaching the League.

As the battle progressed, it became clear that Clembot was going to lose in the end. Not only Alba need to win the fight in order to get his revenge on Clembot, but we are dealing with a new Clembot, one that has to relearn the world around him again. Throughout the battle, Clembot began to develop emotions again, namely the thrill of knocking out a Pokemon and the anger and sadness from having one of its own Pokemon get KOd. Even Clemont tells him, "Doesn't it feel good to win," or "It feels painful to lose, doesn't it" so that Clembot can remember these emotions.

Everyone returns back to Sycamore's lab. Professor Sycamore gives everyone a medal for defeating Team Flare and saving the world, basically a repeat of what happens at the end of the X/Y games where the player and the rival characters are awarded with a a medal for their heroic accomplishments.

Alain is hesitant at receiving his medal at first, nor does he feel like he deserves to work back at the lab, but Sycamore encourages him to go back to work as his assistant since a lot of work needs to be done and he "can't do it without [Alain's] help."

Now take a look at these next few pictures:

You can see how comforted Alain feels in these clips. His confidence is restored following this, and he happily joins for a group photo with everyone else.

The episode ends with everyone celebrating the re-opening of Prism Tower with a special event where it is illuminated for the first time in a while during midnight, complete with a countdown leading up to it. Clemont asks Serena what does she plan on doing now that everything is over, and she mentions that she wants to contact Palermo. Ash encourages her to take on her dream with the phrase, "I believe in you," with Serena happily saying yes. This scene sets up for the next episode where we will see Serena think about her future even further.

No, Clemont and Bonnie still haven't left the series with this episode. They'll still be around for next week and the following week's episode.

We also got a good preview for the next episode featuring Serena, and it's looking pretty good. We're also going to have our first major Amourshipping moment in a long while.

I've got to agree with all of your statements here! The portrayal of Alain, Ash and the whole situation was done really well. Same for Clembot. The episode was a really good insight into the feelings of the characters. The set up and preview for next week looks good to. funny how Clemont and Bonnie are not shown at all though.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also we got a really interesting special airing.

There's a spinoff 1hr long special about Sycamore and Alexa searching Ruins for a legendary Pokemon. I wonder what it will bee and how that will go. Should be interesting.

In other anime news, the Generations episodes were great! They were all story focused which made it flow much better and worked well. I really liked seeing to iconic scenes portrayed with a new twist to them.

And Opossum Opossum has an announcement? I wonder what it could be.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Opo.

I'm excited now.

This is your fault