• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So... a doge meme in Triforce Heroes? Someone needs to work on their sense of humour. :p (I like memes a lot, but adding them at random doesn't work)

:231:

Chrono.

Sure, I can give it that. I was never really sold on the 10/23 date to begin with - to me, that was the least believable part of the rumor anyway.

Tamaki didn't do anything wrong in my eyes. He made his claim, as much as he could say anyway, and that was it. There was no continuous teasing of the facts.

Rb, on the other hand... well, now I'm not so sure. It looked like he was teasing, but in hindsight I suppose it's also possible that he simply got caught up in a whirlwind of questions due to the way he reported it, and maybe he lacked the foresight to see this was going to happen.

Stealth__ just flat out went too far, and made Rb look worse in doing so. Maybe I'm lumping those two together when I shouldn't be. I'm fully willing to admit to making an error in judgment, I just simply don't know enough to know where my misstep may have been.
Stealth is a hack with a very bad history of "inside info" and "leaks".

I wouldn't trust him outside of what Roger told him and us.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
When I wake up sad about everything Nintendo is (not) doing I like to trick myself and think :
"Character DLC are coming in groups, probably another 3 will come this year"
And then I forget for a while that the ~hype~ we discuss in a NintenZone nowadays is Mario Tennis, spin-off Zelda, and SF V (not in any Nintendo systems).
...But today this plan doesn`t worked. :sadeyes:

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
>The latest trip-feeling game on the market is a memefest.
>Xenoblade gets a bunch of random quotes over-repeated that turned into memes.
>Earthbound got severely changed on localization to america adaptation.
>People gets their jimmies rustled because a random quote.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
That is amusing and depressing at the same time.

Seems shoehorning a meme for the sake of shoehorning a meme.

Still, I'm curious about how the original Japanese line is. The European version doesn't seem to have any humor in it.

I'm pretty sure that some of the posts about localization PushDustIn PushDustIn has made for SG note that NoA's localization take more liberties than NoE. It's not necessarily a bad thing, by the way, but sometimes it doesn't work.

I can agree with that, but it seems a poor attempt at playing up the humor where it probably didn't exist originally.

Yeah, that would be bad. People are already mad about some localization choices they've made so far.

Though I heard the localization is being done by both NoA and NoE. At least, in regards to using both American and British voice actors for the English dub.
So a doge meme in Triforce heroes that was shoe horned. Rather it wasn't in there to be honest.

Looked at the guys twitter, and it reminded me of the outrage over SXSW's getting the gamer gate and anti gamer gate cancelled (apparently moreso the anti side, less pro side). Well that's interesting to read through.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
>The latest trip-feeling game on the market is a memefest.
>Xenoblade gets a bunch of random quotes over-repeated that turned into memes.
>Earthbound got severely changed on localization to america adaptation.
>People gets their jimmies rustled because a random quote.
You're being narrow-minded. It's not a black or white thing. That's not how the world is.

Localization changes work when done well. There's a difference between changing the script for humorous purposes (for example, jokes and puns that work in Japanese but not English) and shoehorning a meme when a particular part of the script doesn't have any humor.

You can't just compare cases that aren't comparable in the first place. You can't compare Xenoblade's quotes becoming memes with shoehorning a meme for a poor attempt at humor where it's unnecessary.

Changes in localization aren't bad by themselves, but how they're handled can leave both positive and negative results.

Then again, not that this means anything for me since I live in Europe. lol

Strofirko

Smash Master
You're being narrow-minded. It's not a black or white thing. That's not how the world is.

Localization changes work when done well. There's a difference between changing the script for humorous purposes (for example, jokes and puns that work in Japanese but not English) and shoehorning a meme when a particular part of the script doesn't have any humor.

You can't just compare cases that aren't comparable in the first place. You can't compare Xenoblade's quotes becoming memes with shoehorning a meme for a poor attempt at humor where it's unnecessary.

Changes in localization aren't bad by themselves, but how they're handled can leave both positive and negative results.

Then again, not that this means anything for me since I live in Europe. lol
Shoehorning a meme is the most despicable sin nintendo ever made ,that deserves 3 pages of rage inducing tweets.

Yet one of the most acclaimed games of this year has an animu cardboax disguise on war setting.

So stupid.Such pace-breaking.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Shoehorning a meme is the most despicable sin nintendo ever made ,that deserves 3 pages of rage inducing tweets.

Yet one of the most acclaimed games of this year has an animu cardboax disguise on war setting.

And you missed my point. Well, I'm actually done discussing this.

After all, if I get the game, I'll get the European version, so I don't even care.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

If you want to go for surreal humour, you need to go over-the-top. Otherwise, it lacks the punch.

Yes, I have a doctorate in comedy. You can quote me on this. ~ Dr. FalKoopa

D

Deleted member

I think you guys are overreacting over a single line in the game
Does it affect gameplay?
Does it change the context of the line?
Does it matter?
If you answered no to all of them, then what's the point?

:158:

Strofirko

Smash Master
And you missed my point. Well, I'm actually done discussing this.

After all, if I get the game, I'll get the European version, so I don't even care.
I actually got your point,and you have reason on what you say,is just that you can't justify a bunch of anons on internet who gets nervous by everything on modern age.

D

Deleted member

So, what are your bets on the first Nintendo smartphone game by DeNA, which should be unveiled this week ?

My predictions are :

- Zelda Cooking Guide
- Zelda Brain Age
- Zelda Puzzle League
- Zelda Art Academy
- Zelda Pinball

#Ugh

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I actually got your point,and you have reason on what you say,is just that you can't justify a bunch of anons on internet who gets nervous by everything on modern age.
Nope, that isn't justifiable in any way.

But fanboys will be fanboys... It's always best to ignore their loud rants. It's a shame people tend to overreact and whine rather than providing constructive criticism.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, what are your bets on the first Nintendo smartphone game by DeNA, which should be unveiled this week ?

My predictions are :

- Zelda Cooking Guide
- Zelda Brain Age
- Zelda Puzzle League
- Zelda Art Academy
- Zelda Pinball

#Ugh
I'd be interested in a Zelda cooking Guide. Link can show us how to eat an Octorok.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
New update for Mario Maker? Gud

Kinda hoping we'll see level length increase eventually. I want to make the first level of Super Mario Bros. Special, dang it!

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I still want an actual Kirby cooking game.

That actually makes sense and will be great as Kirby serves food to the residents of Dreamland and you have to make much more challenging dishes for characters like :4dedede:&:4metaknight:.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Localization changes is a big passion of mine and was the original focus of Source Gaming (that's why I chose the name Source Gaming; as I wanted to go to the Source for the original means). I eventually want to do a series of localization comparisons of the trophy text in Smash. I remember NoA being very liberal with their Wario trophy translations...

The woman that makes a comment after you get a new clothing in Triforce Heroes...in Japanese she makes some semi lewd comments like "don't work too hard <3" or "I like a man who smells like money <3". Sometimes she makes jokes (my favorite was her saying Koolah-limpah after buying the Tingle outfit) do those comments exist in that fashion in English? I could see those getting changed real quick.

@KenboCalrissian you shouldnt lump Rb and Stealth together. They are different people.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I still want an actual Kirby cooking game.

That actually makes sense and will be great as Kirby serves food to the residents of Dreamland and you have to make much more challenging dishes for characters like :4dedede:&:4metaknight:.
Ooh, that sounds like fun! Dedede will eat anything, but to bully Kirby he says it's all terrible unless you his absolute favourite. Meta Knight doesn't have a favourite but the trick is in his wine, serve a wine that doesn't fit with his meal, he scolds you! Even his favourite meal will be a failure without wine

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Ooh, that sounds like fun! Dedede will eat anything, but to bully Kirby he says it's all terrible unless you his absolute favourite. Meta Knight doesn't have a favourite but the trick is in his wine, serve a wine that doesn't fit with his meal, he scolds you! Even his favourite meal will be a failure without wine
I can see it work like you expect Meta Knight to have advanced and unique taste but it's pretty simple and DeDeDe is the total opposite

Bandana Dee is always on the first level due to how easy to satisfy his taste

D

Deleted member

Checkpoints are troll-proof, that's good news
I'll probably reupload my levels with a checkpoint so they become a little easier
I wonder how it's going to look in SMB and SMB3(since they didn't have checkpoints) and if SMW will get its original look
And the Fire Flower+Mushrrom thing is something I didn't understand why it wasn't already in the game in the first place, with how it has been a staple rule in the series
Hope they allow you to do this with the other powerups

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Checkpoints are troll-proof, that's good news
I'll probably reupload my levels with a checkpoint so they become a little easier
I wonder how it's going to look in SMB and SMB3(since they didn't have checkpoints) and if SMW will get its original look
And the Fire Flower+Mushrrom thing is something I didn't understand why it wasn't already in the game in the first place, with how it has been a staple rule in the series
Hope they allow you to do this with the other powerups
PR confirmed that it's for all power-ups, not just the Fire Flower & Mushroom combo. Fire Flower is an example.

"Following the update, players can also insert power-ups that are dependent on Mario’s status. For example, by attaching a Super Mushroom to a Fire Flower and placing it inside a block, Mario will receive the Super Mushroom when he is small, and the Fire Flower when he is large."

E: Two checkpoints in a level.

"With the addition of mid-level checkpoints, users now have the option to add up to two flags to their courses, allowing players to resume from the furthest checkpoint passed if they lose a life – rather than having to start over at the beginning of the course."

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/201...evel-checkpoints-and-new-courses-1063172.html

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Me after i see the update for SMM.
Partyhard_Anime.gif

H Y P E B O Y Z !

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Why did you have to use a gif from THAT anime...****ing Dokuro...I wish a friend never showed me that
Uh...It was the only "Party Hard" gif that i have in my computer. Sorry for those bad memory.:4gaw:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Tfw when you just update a long and difficult level and Nintendo confirms an update for checkpoint flags.
By the way HALLELUJAH. FINALLY.

Speaking of that level, here it is.

It is called Pipe to the Past, and it involves time travel.
Someone play it, I spent a good day making it...
(84A7-0000-00C5-5B50)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom