• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
So, what are your bets on the first Nintendo smartphone game by DeNA, which should be unveiled this week ?

My predictions are :

- Zelda Cooking Guide
- Zelda Brain Age
- Zelda Puzzle League
- Zelda Art Academy
- Zelda Pinball

#Ugh
What we need is a Zelda themed city builder Smartphone app. Build your own Hyrule sort of thing.
That would literally be the only way I could get back into playing those kind of games...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The only thing I know that you don't is additional information about the reported sources. For obvious reasons that needs to be kept confidential. AFAIK both of the rumors' contents have been reported fully. I'm not guaranteeing that we are going to see Inklings or Shovel Knight. I just think the rumors haven't fully died as their sources (More confident about Tamaki's) have been proven to be legitimate in the past. Again, I'm not 100% sure on Rb's source so Im not sure about that. I'm basing it off information that has been shared on Rb's Twitter.

Either way, RB and Tamaki haven't lied/ are trolling the community. They are reporting on what is/ was thought to be legitimate information. Are the rumors severely hurt? Yes. Will they come true? I don't know that answer. I just think it's just worthwhile to keep an open mind about these as they aren't coming out of nowhere.
If you don't mind me asking, have you got into contact with RB and/or his source? You seem to be less confidant in them compared to Tamaki and you haven't elaborated too much on them either (though I do understand why if you do have that information), so I'm curious how connected you are to them and why you're not as sure on them.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Tama Tama just posted an update on his Project H.A.M.M.E.R video. Well worth watching the last one and this one. It's one of the game's that I've been so interested in learning about, so I'm glad serious research has been done into it.

If you don't mind me asking, have you got into contact with RB and/or his source? You seem to be less confidant in them compared to Tamaki and you haven't elaborated too much on them either (though I do understand why if you do have that information), so I'm curious how connected you are to them and why you're not as sure on them.
Don't want to say too much on the matter...but, I've discussed the rumor with some of the people involved. I'm not going to name names because that's something I don't want to do. I wasn't able to get a clear picture/understanding of the original source. I have not talked to RogerBase outside of my limited public interactions on Twitter. The lack of key information is why I'm a little more doubtful...and why I didn't support the rumor when it was fully alive.

Last edited:

Tama

Smash Apprentice

Tama Tama just posted an update on his Project H.A.M.M.E.R video. Well worth watching the last one and this one. It's one of the game's that I've been so interested in learning about, so I'm glad serious research has been done into it.
Thanks, PushDustIn PushDustIn ! The original video can be seen here (worth watching this one first so you get the full picture):

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah because they haven't totally gone this route before

Really though, just expect:
  • Sonic, Tails and Eggman
  • Not-really-classic gameplay
  • Good visuals
Aka pretty much what every game since Unleashed has been doing.
Sonic 4 was really bad though...honestly it felt like Sega's answer to New Super Mario Bros. rather than Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
There is only one bad thing however i find in this update:

You have now to reupload the level for add the checkpoint.

That's mean i have to reupload my hard level.
tumblr_muszkrpUkM1s1r9y2o5_400.gif

Chrono.

Sonic 4 was really bad though...honestly it felt like Sega's answer to New Super Mario Bros. rather than Donkey Kong Country Returns.
That was my point.

They've tried going classic and haven't succeeded.

They tried something new (Lost World) and reception was lukewarm at best.

I'm just saying, don't expect anything great.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Everyone right now:
checkpoint.png

I have an AZ for any situation.

That was my point.

They've tried going classic and haven't succeeded.

They tried something new (Lost World) and reception was lukewarm at best.

I'm just saying, don't expect anything great.
So...don't expect a game like Colors or Generations? Got it. :(

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader

Chrono.

So...don't expect a game like Colors or Generations? Got it. :(
Not for now anyway lol (buuuut that's just me having little faith in SEGA)
Ehh not much interesting stuff here.

Rumors of a February release date have been floating around for awhile, so this is hardly surprising.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Cars 2 HD gameplay. CARS 2 HD GAMEPLAY. WHAT
People looking to watch Cars 2. Also kids watch a lot of youtube nowadays. I've seen 3 year olds watch videos of kids playing with toys/ playing games/ unboxing videos. Honestly, I thought it was a new Japanese thing but South Park did an episode about it and when I went back to the States last year my nephew kept trying to get me to watch videos of people playing video games. Like Stan, I don't really get it but unlike Stan I don't really mind it in the end.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Cars 2 HD gameplay. CARS 2 HD GAMEPLAY. WHAT
There was an article I read months ago explaining the oddity.

Basically parents and kids that tried searching for the full movie on YT ended up watching Cars 2 HD Gameplay by mistake.

The whole thing ended up being a snowball effect resulting in the amount of views it has.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Who even needs Directs anyway
(I know I'm a slowpoke but I'm at school so don't shoot me because I'm slow)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Wow such rumor, much speculation. I mean its been pretty obvious for some time now, and we will know the truth in exactly an hour so...
What is in an hour?

Basically parents and kids that tried searching for the full movie on YT ended up watching Cars 2 HD Gameplay by mistake.

The whole thing ended up being a snowball effect resulting in the amount of views it has.
...I now have additional questions.

D

Deleted member

I just watched the new Gravity Falls
Holy ****
Holy ****ing ****
What is even going on anymore?
We Mad Max now
Time Baby is not going to be happy when he regenerates

I also downloaded the Undertale OST and I can't stop listening to Spear of Justice and Heartache

Last edited by a moderator:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader

Internet never ceases to amaze...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

But...Video length...For ****s sake, parents are dumb ****s

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
What we need is a Zelda themed city builder Smartphone app. Build your own Hyrule sort of thing.
That would literally be the only way I could get back into playing those kind of games...
The problem is most of those demand cash payments to speed up your building or buy resources to resume building in any reasonable timeframe.

But yes, if I have to see a Zelda mobile game, I suppose this is the best I could hope for.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Not sure of the validity of this, but this is surprising!
Demographics have changed a lot in last years. Even toddlers now have smartphones and access to internet.

I'm not really sure how I feel about this.

I also downloaded the Undertale OST and I can't stop listening to Spear of Justice and Heartache
Every single song is ridiculously catchy and can be listened to on loop. No other game can boast that.

:231:

Khoru

Smash Champion
Awesome.
I'm guessing those six characters are:

1. Alex
2. Juri plz
3. Juri plz
4. Juri plz.
5. JURI PLZ
6. PLZ

In seriousness they'll probably have them, and Akuma and Ibuki, I think their files were found but not as fighters?
it was juri, ibuki, alex, urien, guile, and balrog/boxer
they were found in a section separate from Definite Playable Characters but metadata indicates their models are far too complex to be bg characters or something

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
People looking to watch Cars 2. Also kids watch a lot of youtube nowadays. I've seen 3 year olds watch videos of kids playing with toys/ playing games/ unboxing videos. Honestly, I thought it was a new Japanese thing but South Park did an episode about it and when I went back to the States last year my nephew kept trying to get me to watch videos of people playing video games. Like Stan, I don't really get it but unlike Stan I don't really mind it in the end.
Can confirm. My boss knows about our Youtube channel and often tries to persuade me to make unboxing videos because his kid loves watching those (as well as other kids playing with toys). It's a weird phenomenon, one that makes me very curious as to how that generation will turn out. It's hard to imagine kids that would rather watch a toy be played with than play with it themselves, but they're here today...

20 years from now, I predict the world will see superstar toy-player-withers.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Totally a shoo-in.
All the character files have 3-letter abbreviations.
"PLZ" obviously = Juri :)

it was juri, ibuki, alex, urien, guile, and balrog/boxer
they were found in a section separate from Definite Playable Characters but metadata indicates their models are far too complex to be bg characters or something
Well, that conveniently adds up to six characters.
Hmph. I guess I don't have to wait long.

Every single song is ridiculously catchy and can be listened to on loop. No other game can boast that.
:231:
This is really odd to hear from an Ace Attorney fan.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So, tonight is Nintendo's investors meeting. This meeting is really something we need to keep out for as there are some things we could be hearing for the first time tonight. If you want to know the details of it, here's a nice summary someone made on Reddit about it.
upload_2015-10-27_12-18-9.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom