• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Seeing you say this is causing me to reevaluate my stance on these. I just wish I knew what you knew (and that the information wasn't teased in such a juvenile manner by Rb and Stealth__... that obviously tinted my perspective on the whole thing).

Have legitimate leaks missed deadlines before? I feel like this wouldn't be the first time, though I can't recall a specific example... rather, I think I do recall us missing a deadline before, I just can't remember which leak specifically it was.
The only thing I know that you don't is additional information about the reported sources. For obvious reasons that needs to be kept confidential. AFAIK both of the rumors' contents have been reported fully. I'm not guaranteeing that we are going to see Inklings or Shovel Knight. I just think the rumors haven't fully died as their sources (More confident about Tamaki's) have been proven to be legitimate in the past. Again, I'm not 100% sure on Rb's source so Im not sure about that. I'm basing it off information that has been shared on Rb's Twitter.

Either way, RB and Tamaki haven't lied/ are trolling the community. They are reporting on what is/ was thought to be legitimate information. Are the rumors severely hurt? Yes. Will they come true? I don't know that answer. I just think it's just worthwhile to keep an open mind about these as they aren't coming out of nowhere.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
The only thing I know that you don't is additional information about the reported sources. For obvious reasons that needs to be kept confidential. AFAIK both of the rumors' contents have been reported fully. I'm not guaranteeing that we are going to see Inklings or Shovel Knight. I just think the rumors haven't fully died as their sources (More confident about Tamaki's) have been proven to be legitimate in the past. Again, I'm not 100% sure on Rb's source so Im not sure about that. I'm basing it off information that has been shared on Rb's Twitter.

Either way, RB and Tamaki haven't lied/ are trolling the community. They are reporting on what is/ was thought to be legitimate information. Are the rumors severely hurt? Yes. Will they come true? I don't know that answer. I just think it's just worthwhile to keep an open mind about these as they aren't coming out of nowhere.
So you're not 100% behind the rumors being correct, but you still believe the sources are legit.

Out of curiosity, how much % do you believe in them now that their deadlines have for the most part passed? Last time this was asked I believe you were around 60%. Are you 50/50 now or have you dropped below the halfway mark?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am completely apathetic toward either Shovel Knight or Inkling being characters in the game

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Its is a model swap.

Iirc, there is data for Nadeshiko from the SF5 PC Beta that indicates that she could be a playble alt for Mika and a modder has swapped her model onto Mika's.

Here are a few more I found posted by the modder him/herself:

Those eyes tho lol XD :p
yeaaahh.....those shots aren't very flattering lol
Aside from those glorious buns of course. And the portable pillows...

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I made a level based on Gyromite and Stack Up. I worked hard on this one to fill it full of references.

Give it a shot!

7EA5-0000-00C4-2753
I am going to try it. Mostly because i don't play alot of level made by person here. So yeah, i will give my opinion on the level after i finish it.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
My headphones broke. :(

Fortunately, I can still use them if I adjust their size, but it will be less comfortable... :ohwell:

Nothing that adhesive tape can't fix, hopefully...

Having no headphones is truly disheartening to someone who always uses them either for playing video games or watching anime.

I don't even know how they broke. They were just fine last night, but when I woke up today, they were broken. And this isn't the first time something like this happens to me: there was one day when my wristwatch broke exactly like that. I wonder if temperature changes can cause this stuff...

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So you're not 100% behind the rumors being correct, but you still believe the sources are legit.

Out of curiosity, how much % do you believe in them now that their deadlines have for the most part passed? Last time this was asked I believe you were around 60%. Are you 50/50 now or have you dropped below the halfway mark?
I think the last time was 70% for SK. I became slightly more confident after the initial report/ amiibo confirmation.
Based on the sources:
Inklings -55%
Shovel Knight -65%

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So the Marketing Director at Sega Europe has said this:

Sega has publicly apologised to the fans as the quality of console games in the Sonic franchise hasn't been acceptable over recent years. It's been tough translating that iconic side scrolling 2D experience from the 90s into 3D but Sonic is still huge for us so the new games will be more inspired by how it played in its heyday.
Hopefully they go the way of DKC Returns and go back to the basics - just Sonic and Eggman.

Then they can do the 'Tropical Freeze' and bring back Tails as a sidekick and Knuckles as a 'rival'.

It's a shame Retro exclusively make Nintendo games.

Chrono.

Hopefully they go the way of DKC Returns and go back to the basics - just Sonic and Eggman.

Then they can do the 'Tropical Freeze' and bring back Tails as a sidekick and Knuckles as a 'rival'.

Yeah because they haven't totally gone this route before

Really though, just expect:
  • Sonic, Tails and Eggman
  • Not-really-classic gameplay
  • Good visuals
Aka pretty much what every game since Unleashed has been doing.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

They tried that before and it failed miserably. *cough* sonic 4 *cough*
Sega has had two working formulas that worked perfectly(adventure, boost) there problem is that they keep trying to break what isn't broken.They could literally make another adventure game and no one would complain or make another boost game but just give everyone there unqiue abilities. And my belief is just strengthen after seeing lost world

Chrono.

And RIP my headphones. :(

Now they're broken beyond easy repair. Need to get new ones once classes are over. :ohwell:

Is that a Japanese castle I see in the background?
Yeah, its from the Kanzuki Estate stage (Karin's home basically)

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Seems that in PXZ2, attacks now have different ranks (C, B, A...). Hopefully, this will help make solo units stronger by the end game.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
TFH has memes in it.

The internet is in outrage.
lol

They put the doge meme in the game. Seriously? :laugh:

And it seems that in PXZ2, X and Zero join the party earlier than in the prequel. Of course, the stream had to end at that point...

Chrono.

lol

They put the doge meme in the game. Seriously? :laugh:
Yeah and in a place where it wouldn't make sense for it either.

That being said, I don't think it's a huge deal since TFH is just a spinoff that doesn't take itself seriously at all (seriously just look at the final boss).

I'll be mad if they pull this **** on XCX though

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

That being said, I don't think it's a huge deal since TFH is just a spinoff that doesn't take itself seriously at all (seriously just look at the final boss).

They did 'excuuuuse me princess' in the original Xenoblade...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sharing this here, as it is a source of great amusement to me:

That is amusing and depressing at the same time.

I heard the memes are only in the American version too, 'Wow, such ancient' or something
Seems shoehorning a meme for the sake of shoehorning a meme.

Still, I'm curious about how the original Japanese line is. The European version doesn't seem to have any humor in it.

I'm pretty sure that some of the posts about localization PushDustIn PushDustIn has made for SG note that NoA's localization take more liberties than NoE. It's not necessarily a bad thing, by the way, but sometimes it doesn't work.

I can agree with that, but it seems a poor attempt at playing up the humor where it probably didn't exist originally.

Yeah, that would be bad. People are already mad about some localization choices they've made so far.

Though I heard the localization is being done by both NoA and NoE. At least, in regards to using both American and British voice actors for the English dub.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

Sure, I can give it that. I was never really sold on the 10/23 date to begin with - to me, that was the least believable part of the rumor anyway.

Tamaki didn't do anything wrong in my eyes. He made his claim, as much as he could say anyway, and that was it. There was no continuous teasing of the facts.

Rb, on the other hand... well, now I'm not so sure. It looked like he was teasing, but in hindsight I suppose it's also possible that he simply got caught up in a whirlwind of questions due to the way he reported it, and maybe he lacked the foresight to see this was going to happen.

Stealth__ just flat out went too far, and made Rb look worse in doing so. Maybe I'm lumping those two together when I shouldn't be. I'm fully willing to admit to making an error in judgment, I just simply don't know enough to know where my misstep may have been.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
To be fair regarding the memes, it's not something that Ninty does rarely.

They were perfectly fine referencing the 'Metroid can't crawl' meme in Smash, for instance, but then again that's NoA goofing off.

Strofirko

Smash Master
People suddenly realizes that American English and European English are not the same thing on 2015.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Still, I'm curious about how the original Japanese line is. The European version doesn't seem to have any humor in it.

I'm pretty sure that some of the posts about localization PushDustIn PushDustIn has made for SG note that NoA's localization take more liberties than NoE. It's not necessarily a bad thing, by the way, but sometimes it doesn't work.

I can agree with that, but it seems a poor attempt at playing up the humor where it probably didn't exist originally.

Yeah, that would be bad. People are already mad about some localization choices they've made so far.

Though I heard the localization is being done by both NoA and NoE. At least, in regards to using both American and British voice actors for the English dub.
I dunno, I think it also fits well for Zelda's medieval language of sorts.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

As a person who gets a kick out of memes, this honestly just feels wrong. It's rather unfitting, and no, ye olde speaking doesn't justify it. There are so many better ways to do this. :|

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom