• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It was somewhat of a ****ty move to make the "do-well-or-die" game of the Chibi-Robo series a complete departure from the rest of the series.
I mean, a normal Chibi-Robo game would be a good fit for 3DS anyways...
To be fair Awakening was called the do or die game for Fire Emblem and a lot of old school fans of FE also complained about it's changes and it still managed to save the franchise. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a similar line of thinking with Chibi Robo.

Khoru

Smash Champion
To be fair Awakening was called the do or die game for Fire Emblem and a lot of old school fans of FE also complained about it's changes and it still managed to save the franchise. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a similar line of thinking with Chibi Robo.
eh, yeah, but at the same time it's at least a logical progression of the fe gameplay
imagine if fe13 were a platformer

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
eh, yeah, but at the same time it's at least a logical progression of the fe gameplay
imagine if fe13 were a platformer
Marth in a platforming game?

I would've bought that in a heartbeat.

That reminds me that I really need to get Codename S.T.E.A.M., maybe for my birthday or Christmas.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
That new smash concept is great for a topic! As in:

If there was a smash reboot akin to Street Fighter III, tons of new characters and little to no returning, with a lot of obscure characters to fill in the slots. Who would be your dream roster?

Let's keep this simple with a 12 character hypothetical roster. Mario is a mainstay (like Ryu in SF3) but you get the choice for flagship character. Any ideas?
Poochy, from Yoshi, for one.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
there's always so many lurkers in this thread now loool, thirsty af
Nah mang, I just hang around here to get a few laughs off whatever i read. Multitasking is the best, though hey this place is usually the first to find out anything so....i'm in no rush though. The longer it takes the grimmer it gets for certain picks, and thats fine with me.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Not at all the same thing when Fire Emblem went from being a medieval strategy-RPG toa medieval strategy RPG, while Chibi-Robo went from being a 3d adventure platformer about cleaning to just being a 2.5d platformer.

Last edited:

Chrono.

What FE fans complained about was Awakening going down a tropey/pandering route, the story being dull and the game itself being really easy to break.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I dunno about you guys.

I'm buying Zip Lash.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
We've had the Layton VA rumor still not de confirmed to my knowledge
You mean Layton appearing on the IMDB page?

IMDB cast info can be submitted by anyone. This wasn't a rumor, it held no water whatsoever. It's about as valid a source as someone citing Wikipedia.

It's not even the first time this has happened. We had Leon S. Kennedy from Resident Evil listed on Brawl's.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

IMDB cast info can be submitted by anyone. This wasn't a rumor, it held no water whatsoever. It's about as valid a source as someone citing Wikipedia.

It's not even the first time this has happened. We had Leon S. Kennedy from Resident Evil listed on Brawl's.
Or, you know, the whole Shantae fiasko...

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

There was also at one point in time Johnny Young Bosch playing Mike Jones on the Smash 4 IMBD

And we don't need to be reminded about a certain Purple haired genie

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Just the Amiibo. It's sold separately in Japan.
It was actually just announced that it'll sell seperately here around the holidays, if you wanna wait in order to save some dosh.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Thank you.

No really, thank you so much.

You wouldn't even begin to know how often I see the IMDB brought up as a legitimate source not only for Smash, but for other things too. Disney Infinity, especially, as well. Basically anything that draws from lots of well-loved IP sources. Honestly, Wikipedia would be a better source. At least there you can ascertain the validity yourself by checking the source in the footnotes. IIRC, IMDB doesn't even have that...

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice

The Layton VA rumor is different from the Shantae one. They both started on IMDB but when asked about it, Layton's actual VA said no...then said this a month later.

He recanted it later but I don't think it's worth ignoring completely.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
It was actually just announced that it'll sell seperately here around the holidays, if you wanna wait in order to save some dosh.
It costs me less money to import Japanese Amiibo than it does to go the store and buy a US one. >~>

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

At least GameXplain is being honest and self-deprecating with their titles now.

Chrono.

The Layton VA rumor is different from the Shantae one. They both started on IMDB but when asked about it, Layton's actual VA said no...then said this a month later.

This sounds more like he's joking around.

But eh what do I know.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

...That particular tweet was faked. It was discussed ages ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom