• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Legit did not know this lol

Well good to know. :052:
Yeah, that's the annoying thing about Tweets... one of the easiest forms of media to fake. But yeah, that one was 100% faked to rustle the jimmies of all those hyped around the time of that debacle.
IMDb is quite literally the Wikipedia of actors and shows. Only worse in some cases.

...This is news to me. Where was this discussed and how was it proven? I thought he even made more tweets responding to it, such as this.
All I know is that no one saw that tweet, and people had been stalking that twitter page every milisecond to see what he had to say. Even if he removed it quickly, more than one source would have seen it. This came from one source.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

At least GameXplain is being honest and self-deprecating with their titles now.
If you actually watch the video they say that they realized that their last video seemed click baity, which was not their intention and that they will try not to have a repeat of that in the future.

Chrono.

Yeah, that's the annoying thing about Tweets... one of the easiest forms of media to fake. But yeah, that one was 100% faked to rustle the jimmies of all those hyped around the time of that debacle.
IMDb is quite literally the Wikipedia of actors and shows. Only worse in some cases.
But where was it discussed?

Because apparently no one else here knew

Burb

The Absolute Worst
...This is news to me. Where was this discussed and how was it proven? I thought he even made more tweets responding to it, such as this.
Do you have links to the actual tweets, and not just screenshots?

Because this sort of thing is extremely easy to forge. If they were "all deleted", I'm gonna go with them being fake.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
If you actually watch the video they say that they realized that their last video seemed click baity, which was not their intention and that they will try not to have a repeat of that in the future.
Yeah I know, I actually like GameXplain and its crew. I just find it funny they went with a self-deprecating title on their next Smash discussion for humor.

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice

Because this sort of thing is extremely easy to forge. If they were "all deleted", I'm gonna go with them being fake.
His tweets are protected. You make a fair point, I don't currently have a link to a tweet itself, but these were released months ago and this is literally the first I'm hearing of the tweets themselves not existing.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Pretty much what Burb said here. No one claimed to had seen the tweet themselves, this picture is literally the only thing to go by. And in the case of twitter, that's not sizable evidence at ALL.
If someone wants to find an actual tweet for it, be my guest, I'm not ashamed of being wrong. But I am confident that there was SOME faked tweet back when we discussed this, and I believe this was the one.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
His tweets are protected. You make a fair point, I don't currently have a link to a tweet itself, but these were released months ago and this is literally the first I'm hearing of the tweets themselves not existing.
If there's no proof of them existing beyond screenshots, then they're more likely to be fake than not.

Pretty sure you don't just give people lines to read without telling them what they're going to be used in, anyway. Adam Howden knew he was recording for Smash, and Shulk is actually in the game.

Last edited:

Chrono.

@BluePikmin11 do you know who runs the layton for smash twitter? (s)he is the person who tweeted the screenshots of the tweets.

why the hell is this only coming up now instead of months ago :/
It came up now because the rumor originated from IMDB so it was dismissed immediately here.

It came up now because the rumor originated from IMDB so it was dismissed immediately here.
As someone who spends a lot of time in the character boards I can confirm it was not immediately dismissed. . .it was a talking point for a few days at least before the 2nd "tweet" saying he had no idea what it would be for. Even then it was still a thing for a while

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I could swear someone here said they saw the original tweet and they were only protected after the fact. I don't think anyone here is debating that it's easy to fake a tweet.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I could swear someone here said they saw the original tweet and they were only protected after the fact. I don't think anyone here is debating that it's easy to fake a tweet.
Multiple different people swore they saw Chunky Kong's Assist Trophy, too.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

HERE it is. I knew there was something sizable I forgot about.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
We're bringing up IMDB leaks?

LOL, more inaccurate than Wikipedia is a vast understatement. One time it said Mega Man X was gonna be in Sonic Boom.

Which oddly foreshadowed the comics in retrospect, but was still hilariously inaccurate for the TV show.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I know it's a bit hard to comprehend, but sometimes people make things up just because they so badly want something to be true.

Like claiming to have seen a tweet that doesn't exist.
You don't have to tell me that. I'm well aware people make stuff up all the time. I was just recalling what others had claimed to see.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
We're bringing up IMDB leaks?

LOL, more inaccurate than Wikipedia is a vast understatement. One time it said Mega Man X was gonna be in Sonic Boom.

Which oddly foreshadowed the comics in retrospect, but was still hilariously inaccurate for the TV show.
To be fair, I would pay such good money to have Amy braiding Zero's ponytail with actual voice acting.
In a perfect world, I suppose...

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
I guess I'm wrong, then.

I've seen people on other forums link to a broken twitter page so I assumed that was it. That's why I was fairly certain that the tweet existed, but I guess it could've been people linking to another image of it. I also remembered seeing people say that they saw it before it got taken down, but I guess that's wrong.

I know it's easy to fake a tweet, guys. You don't have to patronize me. I was just remembering what I saw discussed and the tweet itself being fake was never part of that. :V
Pretty sure you don't just give people lines to read without telling them what they're going to be used in, anyway. Adam Howden knew he was recording for Smash, and Shulk is actually in the game.
It's actually not uncommon for actors to not know what they're voicing for. The industry's weird and secretive and this is actually one of many things they want changed in the potential strike that's brewing.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Saw you guys talking to @Zef about what I said that my friend said about NoJ possibly delaying announcements.

My guy said that's a possibility. He's an industry analyst with some contacts. His "analysis" on this is that that could happen. I doubt he has a source inside Nintendo of Japan telling him yes or no.

People in NoA? Yeah, he talks go them, but I don't think he talks to anyone outside of the US and Europe when it comes to this stuff.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Saw you guys talking to @Zef about what I said that my friend say about NoJ possiblb delaying announcements.

My guy said that's a possibility. He's an industry analyst with some contacts. His "analysis" on this is that that could happen. I doubt he has a source inside Nintendo of Japan telling him yes or no.

People in NoA? Yeah, he talks go them, but I don't think he talks to anyone outside of the US and Europe when it comes to this stuff.
So he's pretty much left in the dark like us?

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
This made my day.

Is this one of the variant covers for Issue 2?
Yeppers. Comic books have way too much fun with variants.
Not that it's a bad thing, but it can be when you literally make me want every single possible variant in a comic with 3 or more of them.

Sorry, still salty about a particular comic series.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
So he's pretty much left in the dark like us?
He doesn't know an announcement schedule for this stuff.

He just thinks its Inkling, is very confused by all the people claiming to know a source, and really doesn't have enough info to draw any conclusions.

He's not a Smash or Nintendo focused guy. But I get what I can from him.

He knows the way Nintendo of Japan acts. They're very strange with decisions. We know this. His argument being that NoJ might see delaying this due to leaks as a good plan.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I guess I'm wrong, then.

I've seen people on other forums link to a broken twitter page so I assumed that was it. That's why I was fairly certain that the tweet existed, but I guess it could've been people linking to another image of it. I also remembered seeing people say that they saw it before it got taken down, but I guess that's wrong.

I know it's easy to fake a tweet, guys. You don't have to patronize me. I was just remembering what I saw discussed and the tweet itself being fake was never part of that. :V
I apologize if it seems like that's what I was doing. But with how much stuff is flying around these days I REALLY just wanted to put this one to rest. Plus I just could have sworn that I saw something on it being fake, I just couldn't put my finger on it until I remembered GameXplain's video.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
The Layton tweets were fake?

I remember they were reported by a ton of news sites, Gamexplain made videos etc. so that's pretty funny if true.
Not ALL of them were. Just the one that said "I guess I DID record for that!". There was definitely communication with him, but he denied doing the voice for Smash.
If LaytonForSmash is to believe anyway. Which, when someone with a name like that is saying it didn't happen, I'm inclined to believe them. Plus, GameXplain. =P

That could mean anything lol :p
I'm avoiding mentioning it for a particular reason, trust me.

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Not ALL of them were. Just the one that said "I guess I DID record for that!". There was definitely communication with him, but he denied doing the voice for Smash.
If LaytonForSmash is to believe anyway. Which, when someone with a name like that is saying it didn't happen, I'm inclined to believe them. Plus, GameXplain. =P
Do you have a link to where LaytonForSmash confirmed he faked them?

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
That's not the final update, they got things wrong.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh
This is why I hate Twitter posts.

Well either way neither of those tweets were true and all we know is that he doesn't know.
That's still pretty much the "No, not happening" to me if I ever saw it.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
To be fair, I would pay such good money to have Amy braiding Zero's ponytail with actual voice acting.
In a perfect world, I suppose...
Zero: "This is most certainly not what I was fighting for"

(Why is Amy main line Sonic while Stix is there btw?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom