• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Ninka_Vanroose
Warchamp, Neo Zero and probably Tama just for the sake of it

EVERYONE KNOWS WHO IT IS AND THE NAME IS......

Impa

What, thought I was gonna say John Cena? Lay off the memes kid

It's gotten to the point someone from the character forum is saying they have info they aren't allowed to speak of (although they edited the post to not be attached to it lol)

Half the K rool thread seems to be thinking Roger's tweet was actually a hint. Like . .why. stop. It's from his own video.

Also my avi doubles as awesome and spoopy theme because it's a skeleton.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
My question is, where is this all coming from? Maybe RobersBase, or from someone within the industry? This is just getting insanse.
My guess is a friend of a friend leaking down the line. Roger I believe is the main source and everyone else who knows has the information come from him. If there's any other sources seperate from him I can't say, but I doubt it.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Meanwhile, GameXplain, Stealth__, RogersBase, StylesX2, Shofu and the Smashified Team are in their own invisible boat-mobile, laughing it up that we're all falling for this.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's gotten to the point someone from the character forum is saying they have info they aren't allowed to speak of (although they edited the post to not be attached to it lol)

Half the K rool thread seems to be thinking Roger's tweet was actually a hint. Like . .why. stop. It's from his own video.

Also my avi doubles as awesome and spoopy theme because it's a skeleton.
Okay... What the hell is going on? Is Sakurai just delivering letters to the houses of everybody telling them about the ballot? Is some magical leak fairy giving the information to all the good girls and boys? This is getting beyond stupid.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I want a curveball to come out of no where that just throws everyone off.

Like Snake. With rumors, konami, and people evaluating his chances, people seeing him would basically have everyone in utter shock. Excluding him though, there's still other characters that would throw people off. It's all just one wild ride, and I'm waiting to see the melt down.
Like I said in the first source gaming podcast, I really doubt Konami would have any issue with licensing the character out. All they care about is money, not the integrity of their characters, so if Nintendo wanted to any of their IPs I'm pretty sure all they would have to do is ask and provide them with the cash. The real question is why Snake was left out in the first place, and if Nintendo would want to go through the hassle.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I feel like everyone knows who the character is but me. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Okay... What the hell is going on? Is Sakurai just delivering letters to the houses of everybody telling them about the ballot? Is some magical leak fairy giving the information to all the good girls and boys? This is getting beyond stupid.
Wikileaks spread the info, but Lemmiwinks broke his computer so he's running everywhere to spread the rumours

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Take it from me, it's better you don't know. It's hard to not act like an idiot when you have info after all, it sure got my head before in the past, just like how everyone is trying to cash in on this. Frankly, I wouldn't even be surprised some are lying about knowing just to get further attention and clicks when the character is shown in the future event.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
You'd be surprised by the amount of people that know that aren't saying anything. What's that they say about cockroaches? If you a see a few out in the open it means there are hundreds in the walls?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Guys, I hate to confirm this, but I also know who the character is.

I'll give you a hint. This character is a character.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Like I said in the first source gaming podcast, I really doubt Konami would have any issue with licensing the character out. All they care about is money, not the integrity of their characters, so if Nintendo wanted to any of their IPs I'm pretty sure all they would have to do is ask and provide them with the cash. The real question is why Snake was left out in the first place, and if Nintendo would want to go through the hassle.
Legal troubles was one of my thoughts. Character design, getting codec's, that type of stuff. Each person and company needs to agree on the outcome, and if it doesn't suit them, then it won't happen. Granted, we know Kojima said he had no idea on Snake in Smash, so maybe Sakurai passed on him for new 3rd parties. And maybe the ballot will give Sakurai a second chance on the solider. :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly everyone and their mother claiming to know the next smash character is really getting annoying. Seriously can't they all just not talk about it? It causes way to much chaos and honestly makes you look like a jerk if you say: " I know who it is but I'll never tell you." If this is all somehow real, Nintendo needs to just reveal the character and really get a better security team, they've had way to many leaks, and if one guy can cause of this mass hysteria with one tweet then this is pretty bad.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Guy, I've got an important, conclusive fact about the character!

They've been in a video game!

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Basically my reaction with all those people that apparantly known the next character.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Oh lordy, I just came to a horrifying realization...
If Inklings are indeed the supposed character, then I think I know what the next "I'm Really Feeling It!" Meme level taunt is going to be....

Cod save us...

How many weeks do we need to wait for this again?
Within this month, apparently.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
This is whole "I know who it is but I won't tell you!" thing reminds me of this:

Last edited:

Chrono.

Oh lordy, I just came to a horrifying realization...
If Inklings are indeed the supposed character, then I think I know what the next "I'm Really Feeling It!" Meme level taunt is going to be....

Cod save us...
I'm really feeling it died after like 2 months tho

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Once more, Sakurai and his team's attention to detail in Smash Bros. never ceases to impress me.

When Link activates his Triforce Slash Final Smash, if you pause at the right moment when he's initiating the move and zoom the camera on him, you'll see him holding the Triforce of Courage in his sword hand.

This happens for a split second and the camera isn't very close to Link, but even so the development team included the Triforce of Courage in the special effects. You normally don't see this during gameplay.

This is a really cool detail.

Edit: This also happens with Toon Link. Another interesting detail is how the sword glows blue, possibly a reference to when Link deals the final blow to Ganon in Ocarina of Time: the Triforce of Courage appears in his hand, the sword starts glowing blue and he strikes Ganon multiple times before ending with a stab. The Final Smash also strikes the foe multiple times and ends with a stab...

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
IF the rumor is true, the character would be out by the end of this month. Tomorrow to I'd say the 20th( maybe longer if they want it out at the end of the month), would be decent time frames to have/ hear about an announcement. Also the person claiming to tweet a link to some announcement in which things will be made clearly, would literally have to be talking about a direct, which I find unlikely for the moment.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
This is whole "I know who it is but I won't tell you!" thing reminds me of this:
DAMMIT KEFKA
As if I didn't hate that clown enough already. ...Or rather, love him.
It's a love hate relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom