• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
So I suppose since we need a proper discussion topic...

If your top-pick was to make it into Smash, what would your "Dream Trailer" for them be? As in, what would happen in the trailer, assuming it was in the calibur of Shulk's, Bowser Jr's or Robin's or Palutena's or whoever.

...I have to think a bit more about my own question before I can answer. =P
Chrom stands up and says "Anything can change!" and wrecks everything in the trailer.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
What do you guys think of having all the characters from Pro Wrestling be one character? The default character would be Fighter Hayabusa and the rest would be acts. In the original game all of the characters were essentially pallet swaps of each other, so I think it works.

Do I even have to say it.

Hey POKEMANSPIKA POKEMANSPIKA help me out with this one baby.

Starman is the best choice for an NES Pro Wrestling rep

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

If your top-pick was to make it into Smash, what would your "Dream Trailer" for them be? As in, what would happen in the trailer, assuming it was in the calibur of Shulk's, Bowser Jr's or Robin's or Palutena's or whoever.

Quoting my latest post in my Fiora support thread;
Like my second trailer idea several pages back, this will pick up where Shulk's trailer left off.

"Fancy meeting you here...Monado Boy!"

"Metal Face!" Shulk shouts, gripping his Monado as "Engage the Enemy" starts to play.

"This is for Fiora!"

He charges at Metal Face, and the two battle for a while and eventually Link and Marth join Shulk. The three sword wielders eventually are cornered as the slower piano part of the song starts to play.

"Heh heh heh..." Metal Face chuckles as he charges an energy beam attack. Thunderclouds cover the sky as it starts to rain. Just as Metal Face fires the beam, however, Shulk and the other two are shielded by a giant energy shield.

"What?!"

Getting up, Shulk sees a young woman clad in mechanical armor and the mask from earlier scenes in Xenoblade covering her face as the song previously playing stops. The girl says, "Don't worry, Shulk."

Shulk says, "That voice...are you...?"
And then the girl reaches for the mask as this starts playing:

The girl rips the mask off her face, and the screen cuts briefly to a black screen with this word juxtaposed on red sparks:
She's

Thunder booms as the girl's face is revealed with her eyes closed, and lightning flashes as she opens her green eyes.
uncontrollable!!

"...Fiora!?" Shulk stammers. "You're...alive?!"

Turning to Shulk, Fiora smiles and says, "Heehee...of course I am, Shulk." She reaches down to her blades, draws them, and says "And I won't back down!"

Cue splash title screen:
She's uncontrollable!!
Mecha-Fiora

(The Japanese version will have the katakana for Mecha on the first cut in, and the katakana for Fiora's Japanese name, Fiorun, on the second, and the splash title screen has those two katakana sets followed by whatever the kanji for "Joins the Battle!" is)

Battle footage with her main moves and drones plays as the last chorus of the song (at around 2:20) plays. When the female chorus near the end plays, we see her in-game footage of her Final Smash, Final Cross, and then FMV footage of her dealing the final blow to Metal Face, followed by her and Shulk embracing and looking at the sky as it clears up along with Link and Marth. And then, the Smash Bros. logo.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I wonder how she's related to him though...wife? Sister? Cousin (which doesn't make sense)?
....Mother?

Again, paging the absolute **** out of Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman because this is really interesting.
I'm calling sister or wife. Mother wouldn't make sense unless they pulled some sort of strange Tekken business.

Wife would actually be awesome. We haven't got a fighter couple in Street Fighter yet. We've had crushes and idols, but no married pairings. One of the reasons I actually ship Ryu/Sakura and Zangief/Mika a bit.

So yeah, my hope is wife.

Now back to read what the hell else happened during the day. :)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Episode 79 is the best YW episode I've watched thus far, there are so many controversial moments within the episode that I bet the producers will have a hard time editing things.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm calling sister or wife. Mother wouldn't make sense unless they pulled some sort of strange Tekken business.

Wife would actually be awesome. We haven't got a fighter couple in Street Fighter yet. We've had crushes and idols, but no married pairings. One of the reasons I actually ship Ryu/Sakura and Zangief/Mika a bit.

So yeah, my hope is wife.

Now back to read what the hell else happened during the day. :)
What about cousins?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Do I even have to say it.

Hey POKEMANSPIKA POKEMANSPIKA help me out with this one baby.

Starman is the best choice for an NES Pro Wrestling rep
Back up has arrived my friend! While Fighter Hayabusa is the default character, his style of fighting is very generic pro wrestler, which isn't a bad thing. But compare that with someone like Star Man, who draws from the luchador style of wrestling (mostly high flying with some strong strikes) or Amazon, a strong monster heel (THERE IS TONS OF HEEL TACTICS I WANNA USE FOR HIM! But after Star Man). Plus, everyone associates luchadors easier with pro wrestling in general.

If you want to learn more about Star Man, visit my Star Man support thread here! http://smashboards.com/threads/a-wi...r-star-man-pro-wrestling-for-ssb4-dlc.340005/

M16s PwN

Smash Cadet

The original Smash cast is walking through the desert when they see a man skyrocket into the air, attached to what seems to be a balloon. They decide to investigate, when all of a sudden, Mario and DK are tranquilized while the rest of the cast are launched in quick succession.We see a boot step into frame, crouching next to the two tranquilized characters. The sound of a Fulton activating is heard as the two characters let out their Star KO sounds while shooting up into the atmosphere. A quick pan up reveals that it is none other than Snake himself. He looks into the camera and says, "Kept you waiting, huh?". It then plays Sins of the Father as the gameplay section of the trailer begins.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord

Not exactly my "top-pick", but still high up there! Reposting because relevance:

Ooh, ooh, ooh, are we still talking about the MarioXChibi-robo tweet? Because I feel I need to share this idea now.

I've had in my mind for a while now for a double character pack-thingy featuring Inklings and Chibi-Robo. The main reason, of course, is the theme of messy kids dirtying up the place with their ink, against a household robot that's primary job is to clean-clean-clean. Put more simply, Messy Vs. Clean, which I feel is a concept that works.

But anyways, so I've had this idea for the video;

The video would start out on Delfino Island just walking along, minding his own business, when suddenly he comes across a whole bunch of the goo. This is obviously upsetting to Mario, so he pulls out FLUDD and starts cleaning up. He thinks he's done, but realizes there's a spot on a wall that he missed, so he goes to wash it off, but the orange goo refuses to disappear.

Mario's standing there irritated, but then he has an idea. So he pulls out a little Chibi-Robo from his pocket, turns him on, and he grows to normal fighter size (tag line: "Chibi-Robo Cleans Up!" "Chibi-Robo Cleanses the Battlefield!"). So we cut to a comical montage of Chibi-Robo cleaning the spot, using different methods to try and clean it, time passing with Mario sleeping and doing other funny things in the off-focus, and then finally ending with a sleeping Mario being awoken by Chibi-Robo, who's proud to have finally been able to clean the goo.

As they turn to leave, satisfied with their job, they hear a *SPLAT* behind them. They turn to see the goo has returned, and now it's bigger! Covering half the wall and also the ground. Suddenly, the goo begins to bubble, alarming Mario and Chibi-Robo, and a small octops, not too dissimilar to an orange-color Blooper, peaks out of the goo. But it's not goo, but rather ink, as the octopus jumps out of the Ink and transforms into The orange Inkling Girl, soon joined by the blue Inkling Boy (tag line: "Inklings Gets Kraken!" or something not so obviously clever like that), with the two playfully shooting in at the other, having a 1-on-1 turf battle.

They're quickly interrupted by a cough, and turn to face an ink-covered Mario and Chibi-Robo, obviously angry and readying their cleaning apparatuses for what's assumed to be a fight.

Cut to gameplay montage featuring Chibi-Robo and Inklings, and then the video ends with Chibi-Robo standing over the Inklings, sponges and rags in their hands, wiping down the wall and floor, while Mario comically points FLUDD at himself at point blank to wash off the ink and getting blasted across the screen instead, catching the other three fighter's attention and eliciting smiles as the video ends.

I think it's a pretty awesome idea for a trailer. :D

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Paper Mario's trailer.

The Mario cast is having a big fight against Bowser and Bowser Jr, and it's just a cool cinematic, but the more you look, the more you see stickers on the wall!

Eventually, Bowser and Jr got the cast slammed and pinned down..until the screen goes black right after one of the stickers seen behind Bowser dissapears.

"Waahoo!"

PAPER MARIO WRAPS IT UP!

Paper Mario gameplay, with cut-ins of him beating up Bowser and Jr. After all this, he tips his hat.

This is just a rough draft trailer, I'll do more in the morning.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well Chibi's score isn't unexpected. Like I said before it's like one of those indie platformers based off the one mechanic albeit with more polish. Still, I want the amiibo.

Why yes, I do enjoy being a lackey of merchandising and consumerism, thanks for asking.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Back up has arrived my friend! While Fighter Hayabusa is the default character, his style of fighting is very generic pro wrestler, which isn't a bad thing. But compare that with someone like Star Man, who draws from the luchador style of wrestling (mostly high flying with some strong strikes) or Amazon, a strong monster heel (THERE IS TONS OF HEEL TACTICS I WANNA USE FOR HIM! But after Star Man). Plus, everyone associates luchadors easier with pro wrestling in general.

If you want to learn more about Star Man, visit my Star Man support thread here! http://smashboards.com/threads/a-wi...r-star-man-pro-wrestling-for-ssb4-dlc.340005/
Thanks friend. Starman's biggest help is that he's a highflier as well. While he'll have grapples and submission moves similar to Snake's DThrow, he can have impressive aerials like Elbow Drop for a forward Air, Frog Splash as a Down Air and Drop kick as a back air and his Up-Special recovery can something like a 450 Splash, Shooting Star Press or even something similar to the Falcon/Dark Dive v

So does that help Godzillathewonderdog Godzillathewonderdog

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I made that post days ago guys .-.
Oh well, better late than never I guess.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Not exactly my "top-pick", but still high up there! Reposting because relevance:
Chibi-robo and Inkling?Man that would probably be my hypest smash trailer ever.I'm not big on the inklings but man chibi-robo would totally make me geek out

weird it took a week for that post to get replies.

Thought of this yesterday so i'll post it.

>Villager (and a few other villagers) in the city bus. Already in city but moving
>smiling and happiness all around.
>A dark red glint appears in the window.
>Villager looks out and is clearly dismayed
>Some space junk/asteroid/whatever
>Rapidly approaching bus. before it hits the screen goes dark (RIP villager)
>. . .
>"Wonder-eyes, RED!"
>Red is to the side of the bus, hand outstretched and the space debris is gone (blocked by red obviously)
>cheering villagers
>gameplay and shiz

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Okay. So we have Tamaki's rumor for Shovel Knight, Roger's news about something cool coming down the pipe and possible pranking friends of his adding fuel to the fire. What bugs me is that If Stealth isn't blowing smoke, he's seeing a character that's completely different from Shovel Knight. Is it possible they're seeing two pieces of a much bigger picture?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
and in actual news a new set of support pokemon were revealed for pokken

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I feel like Sean will be DLC.

I'm trying to rack my brain, but this makes the Matsuda siblings, the first siblings in Street Fighter correct?

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
We still need a married couple IMO.

We have married fighters, but no spouses that fight alongside them.

Maybe have Ken's wife be a fighter one day. She just gets fed up of him following his bromance around the world to fight and decides to kick both their asses in the next World Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom