• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I feel like Sean will be DLC.

I'm trying to rack my brain, but this makes the Matsuda siblings, the first siblings in Street Fighter correct?
Nope.

Guy and Maki in Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper

Edit: I kinda forgot about the Twins

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Okay. So we have Tamaki's rumor for Shovel Knight, Roger's news about something cool coming down the pipe and possible pranking friends of his adding fuel to the fire. What bugs me is that If Stealth isn't blowing smoke, he's seeing a character that's completely different from Shovel Knight. Is it possible they're seeing two pieces of a much bigger picture?
Eh... maybe.

The rumors don't really seem to contradict each other that much to be honest. So, both could possibly be true in theory.

Now, the other rumor is claiming the next reveal will be in the next two weeks and will be a Nintendo Newcomer if this leak is correct. This means (if the rumor is true), the Shovel Knight rumor might have less chances than before as its stated Shovel Knight is supposed to be revealed before the end of October.

So, they still contradict somewhat. Although what makes this tricky is the amount of possible things that might happen. It's still totally possible that they could be revealed at the same time. We don't really know at this point, and that's what makes this thing so conufsing and tricky to figure out.

This could go into a multitude of directions. So I recommend its better off to wait and see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I still only really feel about forgetting Yun and Yang though considering they were just in the last game.

Maki should come back though. I enjoy her.

Chrono.

Yeah, he was really hyped about the character.

To the point where he made a statue of her.

I really hope that Zen guy doesn't get leaked (well past the name lol)

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Eh... maybe.

The rumors don't really seem to contradict each other that much to be honest. So, both could possibly be true in theory.

Now, the other rumor is claiming the next reveal will be in the next two weeks and will be a Nintendo Newcomer if this leak is correct. This means (if the rumor is true), the Shovel Knight rumor might have less chances than before as its stated Shovel Knight is supposed to be revealed before the end of October.

So, they still contradict somewhat. Although what makes this tricky is the amount of possible things that might happen. It's still totally possible that they could be revealed at the same time. We don't really know at this point, and that's what makes this thing so conufsing and tricky to figure out.

This could go into a multitude of directions. So I recommend its better off to wait and see what happens in the next couple of weeks.
Well said. I agree 110%.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
If Zen gets leaked then Ono's gonna go from sadness to pure anger.

"THAT'S 5 STRAIGHT TIMES I GOT MY CONTENT LEAKED"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Intelligent Systems and Monlith Soft are not 2nd party developers. The Kirby and Earthbound series were originally made by 2nd party developers iirc, but are now completely owned by Nintendo.
This is actually one thing I'm not entirely sure of for one reason: it's been stated that the World of Nintendo toyline can't do Kirby due to licensing rights. If it were fully owned, why is this the case? Legitimately curious.

Chrono.

It's interesting how Laura uses her family's fighting style but Sean doesn't (on top of being kind of a lousy fighter canon-wise).

Wonder what's going on there.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
It's interesting how Laura uses her family's fighting style but Sean doesn't (on top of being kind of a lousy fighter canon-wise).

Probably because she is the heir and he isn't.

Rest in pepperonis Sean ;_;

Maybe Ken can do better than his random grandfather.

Also, I really hope he isn't 3S tier sort of bad :ohwell:

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Family Prodigy and Family Screwup.

Perfect explanation. It's always the story.

A pretty sad story that his sister is a much more successful fighter but he's barely above Dan.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I still love Sean bad fighter and all.

I just hope they don't have him and his sister cliched and at each other's throats because of their status in the family.

I'd like them to be civil.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It'd be neat if Guile showed why he's a family mam

We could always play as Hakan's wife as well, though she is probably too busy giving birth to seven and a half children.

Chrono.

I just hope they don't have him and his sister cliched and at each other's throats because of their status in the family.

Well according to Laura's profile, she seems fond of him lol

She's probably the motherly-type older sister.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Well according to Laura's profile, she seems fond of him lol

She's probably the motherly-type older sister.
If memory and clichés are right their relationship is gonna be similar to that of Olga and Helga Pataki in Hey Arnold.

The successful older sibling who loves her little brother and super fond of him

And the failure younger child who is jealous of his sister and somewhat resents her success but still loves her

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
In that case I ****ing love that they're siblings even more.

I was excited about Laura before, but now this has really solidified her as my favorite newcomer.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
User was warned for this post
I apologize for the cartoon horses but it's relevant to my feelings right now.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Eh... maybe.

Ha, you're right about that. We basically have a bunch of pins set up and now we're just waiting for that bowling ball to hit. Strike, spare, or gutter. Feels like on Nintendo's side of things they missed a few pins and are looking to pick up the spare IMO.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm calling sister or wife. Mother wouldn't make sense unless they pulled some sort of strange Tekken business.

Wife would actually be awesome. We haven't got a fighter couple in Street Fighter yet. We've had crushes and idols, but no married pairings. One of the reasons I actually ship Ryu/Sakura and Zangief/Mika a bit.

So yeah, my hope is wife.

Now back to read what the hell else happened during the day. :)
But...if she's his wife...she can't be my waifu :urg:
*projectile vomits*

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hm...

Ya know...

Laura has an interesting connection to an already existing character.

You think Necali or Rashid have any?

The scouter makes me think that Rashid is interpol or something.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well, @Stealth__ got fed up with the fan base.

He went on GameFAQs, acted civil. . .then made his Twitter account private.

So much for that avenue of information. :/

This is why you don't shoot the messenger. . .hundreds of times. It only makes the messenger less likely to give info. (At least he was civil apparently)

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

well there you go.

All this street fighter makes me want to slap a Wonder mask on Rashid. . .and have the scouter over the mask just to make it look stupid :p
It's just how he'd respond to a comment like Zoroarking's. You can't really offend Aang with petty insults, heh, but you might make him laugh.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Hm...

Ya know...

Laura has an interesting connection to an already existing character.

You think Necali or Rashid have any?

The scouter makes me think that Rashid is interpol or something.
I could make any easy JoJo's Bizarre Adventure joke but no. No more JoJo posting

For now

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
He went on GameFAQs, acted civil
That's possible?

No but really... I feel for him, but by this point these guys should be more than aware of the can of worms they're opening.
Vicious, blood thirsty Alaskan Bullworms.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

He was always kind of grumpy on Gamefaqs, so I'm not surprised he'd get annoyed easily. Plus, it's not like he'd built bridges over there anyways. People weren't going to given the benefit of the doubt by default.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Was the source confident that the SK reveal would be this month? I know they said "a month or two" but was that based on anything, or just an inference?
In times of questions, it's best to review either my post on Source Gaming or @Tama's video. I can't say anything that hasn't been publicly said. Please understand.

'According to the rumor, that I will remind you is being backed by numerous
members of the industry, it is expected that the new character will be announced in the next month or two' (August 25th, 2015)

https://youtu.be/rIER41CqL1U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom