• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I honestly can't remember how much they directed you towards that out of the way shop, but I didn't usually bother visiting places that weren't the gym, pokecenter, mart, or plot-guided locations in cities so I spent far too long stuck in and around Goldenrod catching Pinsirs in the bug catching contest and cursing that damn tree before I figured out how to get past it. My brother, as expected, was absolutely no help even though he had already progressed much much further. -_-

Legitimately I probably gained somewhere between 15-20 levels solely in that bug-catching area. >_<

Then again I was also like 8 or 9 when I played through the second gen. :laugh:
I aimlessly wondered around in all the games as a child, as I didn't really know what to do, so I can relate to that. I know I wound up with charziard on misty in red because I was lost for awhile. I don't even remember if my brother actually could help me either xD. I don't think he could though. And I loved the bug catching contest in G/S, they were a lot of fun, gamefreak should add more events like these in the pokemon games.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
A Scrafty was spamming Hi Jump Kick and no one could take more than one hit
Switched him in to make it miss it and lose HP but he survived
Used Shadow Sneak but the ****** survives with about 1HP
One Feint Attack later and he's dead
Death after death...
WHEN WILL THIS MADNESS STOP?

*Looks at praty*
>Pokeball
>Ninja scarf
>Slave Furry
>Whatever the hell Quagsire is
Yeah, not gonna happen
10/10 would avenge @Made in Heaven ... unless... wait

Like, 2-3 months ago but EOIIU sucked my entire life and now it's back and Push is dead
And a bunch of others but I would look like a bad player if I made a full list
oh god am i already dead this is just like bruce willis isnt it

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I swear, you can't watch any sort of video without someone in the comments somehow referencing Smash Bros.

Someone sent me the clip of the Air Conditioner scene from The Brave Little Toaster. Guess what the top comment was.

Lucas: I think you're jealous!

Ridley: Sure, I'm jealous of a bunch of low-tiers!

Roy: Low tier?

Lucas: Yeah, Sakurai doesn't want you playable!

Mewtwo: Because you're too big!

Ridley: So... it's back to that stupid static again. Ya think I don't know what's going on in here? I know what's going on in this game, it's a conspiracy. And every one of you fighters are in on it, just because you're playable, you think you're better than I am! I'M NOT AN INVALID! I WAS DESIGNED TO BE A STAGE HAZARD! I LIKE BEING STUCK AS A STUPID STAGE HAZARD! I can't help it if Sakurai won't scale me down!

Lucas: We didn't mean it, really!

Ridley: IT'S MY FUNCTION!

D

Deleted member

10/10 would avenge @Made in Heaven ... unless... wait

oh god am i already dead this is just like bruce willis isnt it
You don't exist in this timeline
Or maybe you do but I just don't know yet
I aimlessly wondered around in all the games as a child, as I didn't really know what to do, so I can relate to that. I know I wound up with charziard on misty in red because I was lost for awhile. I don't even remember if my brother actually could help me either xD. I don't think he could though. And I loved the bug catching contest in G/S, they were a lot of fun, gamefreak should add more events like these in the pokemon games.
You mean add more events and not remove them in the next game

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I played Pokemon Red the day it came out, and I vividly remember getting super frustrated because I couldn't figure out how to leave the house. I didn't realize that little square on the bottom of the screen was supposed to represent the door.

Who puts a welcome mat on the inside?
But it isn't a welcome mat, it's a rug by the door, so if your shoes are dirty you get it on that rather than the floor. I have one in my house.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I tried music which didn't work, there's no comfort food in the house and it's almost 23:00 so walks aren't an option
Why, is it dangerous or is it just dark? If it's not dangerous I suggest you still go. Also I meant food that you'd have to actually go out and get because just getting out can help and it's an example of a relatively simple journey.

And if for whatever reason you're stuck where you are right now you could always try writing out your feelings. Not for the sake of anyone else, you don't have to share them with anyone else, sometimes externalizing things will help flush them out. Or at least expressing them can possibly help identify where they might be coming from a little better, which makes them easier to address.

And if all else fails just head to bed. Instead of dealing with negative thoughts when you're trying to fall asleep think of how you're going to get up and try to combat the depression with some of this stuff tomorrow. Be open to the idea it could work, because it can.

Next!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Why, is it dangerous or is it just dark? If it's not dangerous I suggest you still go. Also I meant food that you'd have to actually go out and get because just getting out can help and it's an example of a relatively simple journey.

And if for whatever reason you're stuck where you are right now you could always try writing out your feelings. Not for the sake of anyone else, you don't have to share them with anyone else, sometimes externalizing things will help flush them out. Or at least expressing them can possibly help identify where they might be coming from a little better, which makes them easier to address.

And if all else fails just head to bed. Instead of dealing with negative thoughts when you're trying to fall asleep think of how you're going to get up and try to combat the depression with some of this stuff tomorrow. Be open to the idea it could work, because it can.

Next!

I've heard punks yell at night when trying to sleep, it's dark and cold as **** and I've got work tomorrow.
I know exactly what's causing my depression but there's nothing I can do about it. Stress about school, my shedevil sister, money issues, general lack of nice things, injuries, somethings I'd rather keep private, PTSD...I don't know how to deal with this

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
My and some friends of ours were talking about future Smash DLC packs.So would you rather have

A)Retro pack
  1. K rool,wolf,Rayman
  2. New Dk stage,rayman stage
  3. mii costumes
or

B)Present pack
  1. Inkling,B dee,Shovel knight
  2. Shovel knight and splatoon stage
  3. mii costumes
A. No doubt.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I used to dislike Pokemon for some reason when I was little. I don't really know why. I still got my dad to buy me a Pikachu Nintendo 64 though. I remember having tons of fun with Pokemon Snap with my mother and sisters too.

Those where the days of the Pokemon craze..... c:

I actually never got to play the actual main Pokemon games until HG/SS though......

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Triforce Heroes Review by @TheAnvil and myself!

Protip: If you guys are ever confused at what time it is in Japan (or any other timezone) then just type "8 am Japan time in EST" or whatever in Google. Or just use a timezone converter.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I played Pokemon Red the day it came out, and I vividly remember getting super frustrated because I couldn't figure out how to leave the house. I didn't realize that little square on the bottom of the screen was supposed to represent the door.

Who puts a welcome mat on the inside?
It always makes me feel better when I find out other people had this problem. I wandered around my house for ages until my older sister helped me figure out what to do.

Triforce Heroes Review by @TheAnvil and myself!

Protip: If you guys are ever confused at what time it is in Japan (or any other timezone) then just type "8 am Japan time in EST" or whatever in Google. Or just use a timezone converter.
>not a single reference to the music

This does not bode well . . .

Weird reading a review that is about half negatives but ends up giving a 4 out of 5 lol.
but seriously how is the soundtrack?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
There's this weird part of me that thinks Firus Firus ' avatars are of himself having a jolly good time.

Oh goody, investors meeting is gonna start relatively soon.

Waiting for that mobile game tho....
I'm not too hopeful on mobile games as is, but given how Iwata was against freemium, I'm curious to see how they handle it.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Triforce Heroes seems to get mixed feelings from people from what I've seen, either they seem to like or really despise it.... Mainly because of the silly plot but yeah.....

All in all, I had a ton of fun with the game and the random players I've encountered have generally been very co operative and fun to play with. Sometimes there is a bit of lag though.....

I still need to work on the missions though but the rupee suit helped making sure I wouldn't have any money problems in this game. (Like really, I can find about 700 rupee's in the main hub alone)

If worse comes to worst, I can see this game going a similar route as Minish Cap and having a small fanbase that still cherish it and all.

Last edited:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
There's this weird part of me that thinks Firus Firus ' avatars are of himself having a jolly good time.
Lol, well I'm planning a complete avatar change (this is my pseudo-Halloween avatar, so once that's done) so I guess I'll ruin that theory soon. :p

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Didn't a similar incident happen last year where they had a 20 year anniversary picture of a whole bunch of Characters that appeared on Playstation systems and Megaman had his SSB4 render? I wonder what's Sony's issue with that lol.
Yep, they did.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just to clear things up, you know that Ubisoft "we made the first female in games evar" thing? Turns out that was from the actress's publicist, not Ubisoft themselves. At least they're not that dumb that they forget over 30 years of gaming.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Just to clear things up, you know that Ubisoft "we made the first female in games evar" thing? Turns out that was from the actress's publicist, not Ubisoft themselves. At least they're not that dumb that they forget over 30 years of gaming.
Huh. Well that's nice (but people are going to blame Ubisoft anyway).

Poots

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but it doesn't say good things that everyone believed it was them. Ubisoft has so little respect now and it's all their fault.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
>not a single reference to the music

This does not bode well . . .

Weird reading a review that is about half negatives but ends up giving a 4 out of 5 lol.
but seriously how is the soundtrack?
The music is very good! Its on part with the other Zeldas. To be honest, music usually takes a backseat for me in gaming, which is why I totally forgot to talk about it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Please do not post screenshots of entire news articles in your posts. And don't re-edit them back in after they were edited out. It's a violation of copyright law. Not only is it strictly against NintendoLife's terms of use, but it's also just a really scummy thing to do in general. Views on their website help them keep running the site, after all.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Please do not post screenshots of entire news articles in your posts. And don't re-edit them back in after they were edited out. It's a violation of copyright law.
I honestly did not know that.

Sorry about that. I was wondering why they picture was taken out earlier anyways :p. Thought my computer glitched on me XD.

For being American, it's kind of sad I don't even know my own laws lol. Anyways, thanks for telling me! I won't do it again!

Also, on another unrelated note...
GET HYPE BOYS.
upload_2015-10-28_21-4-15.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom