• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Being six and having older brothers when Pokemon blew up was the perfect recipe for it to consume my succeeding years.

I went as Misty for Halloween two years in a row. xD

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
inb4 Genwunners come to spew their bigotry

I'm 23 years old and say Gen 6 = 5 = 4 = 3 = 2 > 1

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My and some friends of ours were talking about future Smash DLC packs.So would you rather have

A)Retro pack
  1. K rool,wolf,Rayman
  2. New Dk stage,rayman stage
  3. mii costumes
or

B)Present pack
  1. Inkling,B dee,Shovel knight
  2. Shovel knight and splatoon stage
  3. mii costumes
Why must you make me choose?? As much as I want K rool and Wolf, I have to go with pack 2.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had a "Crush" on Misty when I was young

Until my sister decided to name her rat Misty

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My and some friends of ours were talking about future Smash DLC packs.So would you rather have

A)Retro pack
  1. K rool,wolf,Rayman
  3. mii costumes
or

B)Present pack
  3. mii costumes
What exactly is Retro about the first option? :p

Still, Option A.

:231:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I had a "Crush" on Misty when I was young

Until my sister decided to name her rat Misty
Misty personally annoyed me as a kid. My original fictional crush as a kid was Sora from Digimon... this eventually evolved into Rita and Zoe.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I played Pokemon Red the day it came out, and I vividly remember getting super frustrated because I couldn't figure out how to leave the house. I didn't realize that little square on the bottom of the screen was supposed to represent the door.

Who puts a welcome mat on the inside?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

A)Retro pack
  1. K rool,wolf,Rayman
  3. mii costumes
or

B)Present pack
  3. mii costumes
The first one.

I found out Tumblr got some fanartist to nearly kill themself because her 'racist fanart' that had a fat character deemed as 'too thin'. The creators of Steven Universe are apparently disgusted by these fans. Can we just end humanity right now?
You mean this?

King K. Rool, under the company who recognizes his fanbase's efforts now.

fally u silly silly man
Don't you mean King R. Cool?:troll:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I totally had the Japanese "Misty's Tears" card if you know what I mean!

I'm still hoping King K Rool is in the next DKCR game. Assuming another one gets made

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Emerald was the game that drew me into the craze.
I saw a friend playing it and I the strategy guide also intrigued me. That and Rayquaza looked awesome.
Still the best selection of Starter Pokémon By far IMO
But I would be lying if I said I didn't get major enjoyment out of the game.
The Battle Frontier and the Contests were the greatest thing back then.
And Ever since Diamond I have had each successive generation as a day 1 purchase.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
inb4 Genwunners come to spew their bigotry

I'm 23 years old and say Gen 6 = 5 = 4 = 3 = 2 > 1
Saying all other gens are equally better than Gen 1 is just as bad lol

I played Pokemon Red the day it came out, and I vividly remember getting super frustrated because I couldn't figure out how to leave the house. I didn't realize that little square on the bottom of the screen was supposed to represent the door.

Nothing will ever top getting past that god forsaken Sudowoodo in terms of sheer frustration for me.

EXCUSE ME FOR NOT BOTHERING TO TALK TO EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN GOLDENROD

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My favorite generation is gen 4. If nothing else Heart Gold and Soul Silver

It's also when I got back into pokemon

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I remember the Pokemon craze, I actually got into it just as it was heading into its peak. Everyone at my school had the games, they had the cards, the toys, just about everything. I used to play Red/Blue/Yellow (eventually Gold/Silver) with them, we'd use to trade, and even debate which Pokémon was cooler (I said my lv. 100 Blastoise). I even got a few of my closest friends from that era, a couple of which I know played Pokémon into their high school years and we even talked about it from time to time, though not nearly as much as the old days.

To this day, I still have the old Red/Blue/Gold/Silver cartridges that I had from those days. They probably don't work by now, but I'm still happy to hold onto them just for those times when I used to play with my classmates.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Well this is somewhat justifiable. It's not uncommon for mats to be instead. My front door has one on the in and outside. The inside one be used to dry/wipe your feet when coming in, and considering that's a common think in Japan, I could understand while they had the mats indoors. I also understand why it could confuse younger kids though.
Saying all other gens are equally better than Gen 1 is just as bad lol

Nothing will ever top getting past that god forsaken Sudowoodo in terms of sheer frustration for me.

EXCUSE ME FOR NOT BOTHERING TO TALK TO EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN GOLDENROD
But it was a tree and you get the pail from the garden shop... Don't they even tell you that watering the tree could do something? Although that might be just the remakes, been awhile since I played the original g/s. My silver doesn't save so I stopped playing, my red, blue, and yellow still work though!

As for when I first started, I had red when I was 7, my brother got into when it started and then I got into it. and after that day, I never stopped playing!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Anyone know how to help depression?
Find things to occupy yourself with that might be able to take your mind off less pleasant thoughts and find someone you can talk through whatever problems you might be having with, professional or not.

Stay active and stay connected, inertia and isolation are great for cultivating depression.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I started with Pokemon when my mom gave me Pokemon Pinball on the GBA. I played that game like crazy and eventually got Ruby and Sapphire. Stopped playing when I got X and Y, I wanted to play competitively but me losing to online battles frequently really discouraged me to keep playing and quitted playing Pokemon entirely.

Part of the reason I want Yo-kai Watch is because I want to see a taste of what it's like to see a "Pokemon-like" phenomenon happen live. And with the internet's existence I can see what the phenomenon is like in every corner in social networks and gaming website.

Splatoon gave me a small taste of what happens, now I want to see what happens with YW.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well this is somewhat justifiable. It's not uncommon for mats to be instead. My front door has one on the in and outside. The inside one be used to dry/wipe your feet when coming in, and considering that's a common think in Japan, I could understand while they had the mats indoors. I also understand why it could confuse younger kids though.

But it was a tree and you get the pail from the garden shop... Don't they even tell you that watering the tree could do something? Although that might be just the remakes, been awhile since I played the original g/s. My silver doesn't save so I stopped playing, my red, blue, and yellow still work though!

As for when I first started, I had red when I was 7, my brother got into when it started and then I got into it. and after that day, I never stopped playing!
I honestly can't remember how much they directed you towards that out of the way shop, but I didn't usually bother visiting places that weren't the gym, pokecenter, mart, or plot-guided locations in cities so I spent far too long stuck in and around Goldenrod catching Pinsirs in the bug catching contest and cursing that damn tree before I figured out how to get past it. My brother, as expected, was absolutely no help even though he had already progressed much much further. -_-

Legitimately I probably gained somewhere between 15-20 levels solely in that bug-catching area. >_<

Then again I was also like 8 or 9 when I played through the second gen. :laugh:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Find things to occupy yourself with that might be able to take your mind off less pleasant thoughts and find someone you can talk through whatever problems you might be having with, professional or not.

Stay active and stay connected, inertia and isolation are great for cultivating depression.
Problem is I tried watching videos and the only person in the house I'm willing to speak to is already asleep, the other is an ungrateful ***** who needs to **** off

Soul.

I like them all.

But honestly Gen 4 is by far my preferred one imo. The slow pace it had was whatever because I really didn't care about it, and all the jazzy music the games had were memorable. I don't know, something about it just made me like the thing more, now with Wi-Fi battles being a thing and all I started breeding Pokémon for those games in 2013 because I had nothing else to do with Gen 5, at least until X/Y came out.

The Walking Pokémon thing in HGSS was nice, but I understand why it hasn't come back.

Now all I'm doing Pokémon-wise is to wait for Nintendo to reveal the NX handheld or whatever so that Gen 7 can start and then show the Sinnoh remakes, then I'll be hyped for Gen 4 with better visuals/Mega Evolutions/stuff.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Problem is I tried watching videos and the only person in the house I'm willing to speak to is already asleep, the other is an ungrateful ***** who needs to **** off
Leave the house and go somewhere else. If no one worthwhile is around go for a walk or a drive, listen to some music or go grab something to eat. Just go out and do something.

Lethargy breeds lethargy and usually you need to take the action before you'll start to feel any differently.

I know with depression sometimes it's hard to get the ball rolling and oftentimes when people say "help me feel better" they basically want some magic wand to be waved and the ****ty feelings to suddenly stop, which would be wonderful, but unfortunately it's more of a process than that. :/

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Anyone know how to help depression?
See a professional, or someone you know (maybe friend of parents) who works in the counseling world. It's not something easy to get over. Everyone will have advice on what'll make you feel better, but it's something that grabs you deep down, and doesn't let go. There's no "One thing" that will help you get through it. But having a counselor, and having things you like helps.

I don't sleep at night without sleeping pills because of thoughts of death and being alone, but at least it's only at night now, it used to be all day. Talking through all of my issues (even ones I didn't want to say out loud, which pretty much all of us have) with a counselor REALLY helped me to be able to live my life, and finding stories I liked writing and stuff was really helpful! :D

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I went through a major depression last year and going on walks really helped me. I took my dog

Of course, it was through spring and summer and the weather was made for walking.

I also started spending time at Barnes and Nobles doing my art there

Hoping to meet new people. I did "meet" someone there eventually, although I technically had already been talking to them online

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Leave the house and go somewhere else. If no one worthwhile is around go for a walk or a drive, listen to some music or go grab something to eat. Just go out and do something.

Lethargy breeds lethargy and usually you need to take the action before you'll start to feel any differently.

I know with depression sometimes it's hard to get the ball rolling and oftentimes when people say "help me feel better" they basically want some magic wand to be waved and the ****ty feelings to suddenly stop, which would be wonderful, but unfortunately it's more of a process than that. :/
I tried music which didn't work, there's no comfort food in the house and it's almost 23:00 so walks aren't an option

D

Deleted member

I started watching the Pokemon anime when I was very young and Pokemon cards were the tightest **** in my school
I only got around to actually playing the games with Soul Silver since my friemds had just gotten it too
The Totodile line were always my favorite Pokemon so it was a great way to start it for me :158: :159: :160:

So 2 questions
1: Am I still alive and well in the Nuzlocke?
2: Why did Sony think saying 'lol u plebs aren't getting backwards compatibility' is a good thing?
1: yes and depends on what 'well' means because being in a cave full of Black Belts probably isn't well
2: no ****ing idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom