• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

It's funny but they probably could, though technically not "immediately". They actually have a penis image detecting algorithm for miiverse lol

I can see them making a few textures from a mii render at different angles and then running them through a similar algorithm, but that's more work they probably dont want to do.
And yet, they still end up on the miiverse stage lol

Soul.

Google needs to stop trying to kill Youtube
You know that's not going to happen. The damage is done; YouTube at this point is nothing but another thing Google has in their arsenal. Them being without Google was only in 2005, they were acquired by them the year after that.

Ohhhh I thought of a fun prompt for discussion. It's also a neat bonding exercise we can learn about each other from.

Here's the prompt: one day, you're going about your business, and you receive a letter. But it's not just any letter, no...it's marked with the Super Smash Bros. symbol! That's right, you're gonna be representing your "home series" of sorts in Smash! But...there's one issue: you need to select the songs for your home stage.

Basically, choose six songs for your home stage. Any songs at all, so long as there's six, and they're songs that are meaningful to your life in some way. Then, explain why you chose those songs.

1. I mean, I go there. Alma mater and all. Plus we have the best songs. :p
2. Hunchback is my absolute favorite movie of all time.
3. Newsies is my favorite Broadway musical, and I love musicals. Plus, the whole journalist thing makes it fitting.
4. Story time! In my final concert choir performance, we sang this as per tradition. I was one of the five seniors who got a solo. :D Also finding a good quality instrumental version was tough, but it gets the point across. Reminds me of home, and instrumentally is essentially my Eight Melodies or Smiles and Tears. :p
5. Best Christmas song. I love Christmas music. Plus, I've sung it in choir countless times. That bass line, man. BUM. BUM. BUM. BUM.
6. Sang this one as well, if you can believe it. :D Had the single best Bass II line of any piece I've sung. So low, man. Also amazing to fight to, I'd imagine. Empowering.

Any takers for the challenge? :D
*screams* "we are"

although apparently im supposed to hate you now because my college hates you. So yeah I hate you now.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
*screams* "we are"

although apparently im supposed to hate you now because my college hates you. So yeah I hate you now.
Don't even tell me you're a Buckeye...

Wait lol never mind you're not a Buckeye. Unless the IP's off, you're Maryland and not Ohio, right? That's okay then. :p

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I'm just going to say it. We've been a news drought for a really long time. During this drought, we've had so many questions on what possibly may happen next. I'm proud to say that I think we made it boys. There's an investors meeting tomorrow which might point us in the right direction to where our questions might finally be answered. We're actually getting real news this time.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
So uh, Youtube Red.

Thoughts?
Of course people are going to kneejerk to this and not think longterm. Yeah that initial month is going to suck, but the "initial month for free" thing works really well for getting people locked in, hence why every subscription service like Netflix and Amazon Prime offer free initial month trials.

And the value of a Red subscriber is going to be worth immensely more than ad revenue will be, especially down the line. Say you got 100 views from Red subscribers and 100 views from ad-viewers; the latter 100 views will only net you around 1 to 25 cents in ad revenue, maybe up to around a dollar if you're particularly lucky and it's not a ****ty ad month. With those Red subscribers though, say you average 5 cents from each of them, that's five dollars, tremendously more than what you got from the ad revenue. Even if they each only give you a penny, that dollar it adds up to is still far more than you'll get from ad revenue 99% of the time.

People need to think longterm, Youtube Red offers significantly more revenue down the line, and youtubers will be better appreciative of it when ad revenue continues to decline and especially during the ****ty ad revenue months (every January for example, has about one fourth of the typical ad revenue you would get).

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ohhhh I thought of a fun prompt for discussion. It's also a neat bonding exercise we can learn about each other from.

Here's the prompt: one day, you're going about your business, and you receive a letter. But it's not just any letter, no...it's marked with the Super Smash Bros. symbol! That's right, you're gonna be representing your "home series" of sorts in Smash! But...there's one issue: you need to select the songs for your home stage.

Basically, choose six songs for your home stage. Any songs at all, so long as there's six, and they're songs that are meaningful to your life in some way. Then, explain why you chose those songs.

3. Newsies is my favorite Broadway musical, and I love musicals. Plus, the whole journalist thing makes it fitting.
4. Story time! In my final concert choir performance, we sang this as per tradition. I was one of the five seniors who got a solo. :D Also finding a good quality instrumental version was tough, but it gets the point across. Reminds me of home, and instrumentally is essentially my Eight Melodies or Smiles and Tears. :p
5. Best Christmas song. I love Christmas music. Plus, I've sung it in choir countless times. That bass line, man. BUM. BUM. BUM. BUM.
6. Sang this one as well, if you can believe it. :D Had the single best Bass II line of any piece I've sung. So low, man. Also amazing to fight to, I'd imagine. Empowering.

So basically, I am throwing in whatever songs I want for a made-up stage that belongs to me?
Hmm...

D

Deleted member

>got Thunderbolt
>no one can learn it

Lysandre being not-Evil and Sycamore's sexy theme

FINALLY A NEW ****ING AREA WHY DO YOU EXIST LUMIOSE??? NO ONE LOVES YOU!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This thread ****posts and memeposts regularly.

Several users complain about one meme in a video game.

Wat.

D

Deleted member

I like Lumiose because it's fun going in that camera angle. Then again, I got lost
It's cool and all having a big city but in a Nuzlocke, there are no Pokemon you cam catch between the 4th and 5th gym
And then you only have one new area before the 6th gym

Don't even tell me you're a Buckeye...

Wait lol never mind you're not a Buckeye. Unless the IP's off, you're Maryland and not Ohio, right? That's okay then. :p
It worries me how easily it is for a mod to learn that lol.

But yes. Im a turtle. (It's k I don't care for rivalries. Penn state was my #2 anyway)

Wat.
It's only okay when we do it.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Wat.
You mean having double standards can be a bad thing? Who would've thunk?...

So uh, Youtube Red.

Thoughts?
I'm trying to remember why this was a good thing again. Because I'm still trying to find the positives.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

Wat.
It's funny because this is hardly a new thing.

Not sure what difference it makes that NOA is joining in on the fun. I could see it being a problem if this happened in the middle of a big-ticket Zelda game, but TH is hardly that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It worries me how easily it is for a mod to learn that lol.

But yes. Im a turtle. (It's k I don't care for rivalries. Penn state was my #2 anyway)

It's only okay when we do it.
Lol half the time I feel it gives me the wrong location anyway. :p My freshman year roommate had Maryland as his number two, funnily enough. :D

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

Sang Baba Yetu last year, Bass 2 was perfect for this song and I'm glad I am one.

Wat.
Depends on the people we're referring to though. I mainly have a problem with it since they changed the dialogue just because it was thought to be funny. I'd rather they not force memes or change it personally.

Censorship is touchy subject, and is understandable when the original dialogue is tampered with. I think it's mainly fine like in Fatal Frame V, where the character was under aged, so they removed a skin in a cutscene. Stuff falling under that I can at least understand because of difference in beliefs in different countries. Jokes or references also being changed because of other cultures not understanding them is something I'm also ok with. Now if the script of something was changed because "why not", then I have a problem with it. This and as another example, a certain line from Prison School, is where I find it as a problem. It's tampering with the translation and it's why I and others don't like it.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I'm trying to remember why this was a good thing again. Because I'm still trying to find the positives.
As I explained:

Of course people are going to kneejerk to this and not think longterm. Yeah that initial month is going to suck, but the "initial month for free" thing works really well for getting people locked in, hence why every subscription service like Netflix and Amazon Prime offer free initial month trials.

And the value of a Red subscriber is going to be worth immensely more than ad revenue will be, especially down the line. Say you got 100 views from Red subscribers and 100 views from ad-viewers; the latter 100 views will only net you around 1 to 25 cents in ad revenue, maybe up to around a dollar if you're particularly lucky and it's not a ****ty ad month. With those Red subscribers though, say you average 5 cents from each of them, that's five dollars, tremendously more than what you got from the ad revenue. Even if they each only give you a penny, that dollar it adds up to is still far more than you'll get from ad revenue 99% of the time.

People need to think longterm, Youtube Red offers significantly more revenue down the line, and youtubers will be better appreciative of it when ad revenue continues to decline and especially during the ****ty ad revenue months (every January for example, has about one fourth of the typical ad revenue you would get).
I wonder how much of the people complaining about Youtube Red in regards to its effect on youtubers actually understands how ad revenue works.

D

Deleted member

I've been trying to hit a Quagsire with Sleep Powder for half an hour
Well, guess who the new team member is
1445987734605-1284028176.jpg

Two types I already have!
At least it's something not weak to fairy

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
As I explained:

I wonder how much of the people complaining about Youtube Red in regards to its effect on youtubers actually understands how ad revenue works.
...Fair enough. And I retract what I said.
Though I do wish they gave a bit more clarity to this whole situation.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sang Baba Yetu last year, Bass 2 was perfect for this song and I'm glad I am one.
Yes. Someone else understands.

That part was perfection. I mean the song in general is lovely, but the Bass 2 part.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN

1. My first anime that I knew was an anime. The theme is engraved into my soul.
  2. I just remember loving the anime and song so much. It randomly pops into my head a ton. It speaks to me.
  3. It's the song that got me into Asian music (and eventually Kpop). A vietnamese friend introduced me to it
  4. This song and video solidified my eternal love for kpop
  5. Favorite christmas song. First introduced to it through Home Alone
  6. One of my favorite movies of all time and one of my fvorite songs. I legit sing along whenever it's on

Khoru

Smash Champion
This one is kind of classic, but people still know about it today (my friends reference it even and they aren't that into the Internet).
so many touhou remixes...
It's funny but they probably could, though technically not "immediately". They actually have a penis image detecting algorithm for miiverse lol

I can see them making a few textures from a mii render at different angles and then running them through a similar algorithm, but that's more work they probably dont want to do.
p4r is a satirical site
wait when did doge happen
was there really a mega man game after it
i think this might just be a coincidence

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Opossum Opossum
My home stage would contain these tracks:

1. The Opened Way (Shadow of the Colossus)
2. Ride on Sea (Resident Evil: Revelations)
3. Cry, for 'IDOLA' The Holy (Phantasy Star Online)
4. Knight Artorias (Dark Souls)
5. Pursuit ~Keep Pressing On (Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies)
6. Clock Town (Majora's Mask)

My reasoning is that I just love these songs and they are from some of my favorite games :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom