• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Another recent issue although minor I've seen with Nintendo of America is their now overboard use of memes. Example I've recently found in Triforce Heroes.

Memes can be fun and all but this seriously needs to stop. It's just getting annoying and it's trying to be hip when it isn't.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Another recent issue although minor I've seen with Nintendo of America is their now overboard use of memes. Example I've recently found in Triforce Heroes.

Memes can be fun and all but this seriously needs to stop. It's just getting annoying and it's trying to be hip when it isn't.
So meme. Much Nintendo. Many tryhard.
Wow.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You've much yet to watch. :4metaknight:

Most animes now usually have one such character, often played for comedy.

:231:
Most of those are men tho :p
I remember Chizuru from Bleach. She molested Orihime a few times iirc, a character who's only notable trait is her bust. Bleh
My favourite example of this character type has to be Oren Pierre Alfonzo from Gaim. He's a very feminine man who wears make up, fawns over a character named Zangetsu and makes cakes. He was also a soldier in way and turns into a Durian Kamen Rider named Bravo

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Most of those are men tho :p
I remember Chizuru from Bleach. She molested Orihime a few times iirc, a character who's only notable trait is her bust. Bleh
My favourite example of this character type has to be Oren Pierre Alfonzo from Gaim. He's a very feminine man who wears make up, fawns over a character named Zangetsu and makes cakes. He was also a soldier in way and turns into a Durian Kamen Rider named Bravo
Ehh... it depends. I don't watch most shonen anime.

Having a lesbian character is mandatory for any schoolgirl anime nowadays, though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So someone is currently making a Zelda Maker and looks pretty awesome so far.

He has stated the graphical style will change in the future. The video also has a link for a playable alpha download (haven't tried it though).

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Nintendo using memes really isn't the end of the world and doesn't really detract from anything. And finding a meme in TFH were nearly everything is joke especially even the plot it kinda fits.it just seems like people complain over everything nowadays

Myself inciuded

Khoru

Smash Champion
So someone is currently making a Zelda Maker and looks pretty awesome so far.

He has stated the graphical style will change in the future. The video also has a link for a playable alpha download (haven't tried it though).
c&d incoming

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
D

Deleted member

I forgot about that XD
His debut fight has him spanking one of the Rider's butts with his spikey swords and calling them cute. I recommend Gaim if not only for his hijinks. Especially the Oren Lockseed
"Teh Epic Anna used 'Go watch Kamen Rider'"
"It wasn't very effective"
I'm not a big fan of series like KR or Power Rangers(whatever the genere is called)
Traps won't convince me
I haven't watched the show in a while. Who do you mean?
@Zoroaking Oren makes a character a trap. He really passes as a woman too. And there's this
What the actual ****?
Nintendo using memes really isn't the end of the world and doesn't really detract from anything. And finding a meme in TFH were nearly everything is joke especially even the plot it kinda fits.it just seems like people complain over everything nowadays

Myself inciuded
Because people got tired of actually playing the game to give legit complaints

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
"Teh Epic Anna used 'Go watch Kamen Rider'"
"It wasn't very effective"
I'm not a big fan of series like KR or Power Rangers(whatever the genere is called)
Traps won't convince me

What the actual ****?

Because people got tired of actually playing the game to give legit complaints
Shame, Gaim's one of the most mature seasons. Genre's called Tokusatsu btw

He tried to hurt the woman eating cake by transforming with the power of acorns (Trust me it's mature). Oren isn't having any of that **** because he wants people to enjoy his cakes, so he made a fake Lockseed which is ironic considering he knows nothing about the things unlike literally every other Rider

Khoru

Smash Champion
remember that SA member that inserted memes into the translations of pokemon games

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
What bothers me about Mario Maker's new Checkpoints
Is that the Trailer says "You must complete the level from the checkpoint onward to upload it."
I'm hoping that you also have to take it from the top (But touch all the Checkpoints placed along the way) to beat it
Because if it's just Checkpoint -> Goal
There could by literally impossible levels by just barring off the beginning
Nintendo's probably got our back tho :drshrug:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Is that the Trailer says "You must complete the level from the checkpoint onward to upload it."
I'm hoping that you also have to take it from the top (But touch all the Checkpoints placed along the way) to beat it
I'm assuming what they're referring to is "if you can complete the level from both the start and the checkpoint". Because if I remember correctly they had worries of people trapping unsuspecting players in an unwinnable level using checkpoints.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Here's more information about the upcoming investors meeting.
upload_2015-10-27_17-5-15.png

This was largely taken from the same Reddit post that I quoted earlier, the OP just edited it later.
upload_2015-10-27_17-7-4.png
Source

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'm assuming what they're referring to is "if you can complete the level from both the start and the checkpoint". Because if I remember correctly they had worries of people trapping unsuspecting players in an unwinnable level using checkpoints.
'Tis correct.
Nintendo's got our backs on these things.
I hope. :4pacman:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I believe you have to do both.

From the start AND from the checkpoint. :4greninja:

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Quite certain it's either you have to touch the checkpoint, or you have to beat it normally and then beat it again from the checkpoint.

The trailer even shows that the reason for it is so people don't troll by putting a checkpoint in a spot that results in an unwinnable situation.

There's no way they'd overlook the possibility of it being abused to make the start of the level unbeatable.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I believe you have to do both.

From the start AND from the checkpoint. :4greninja:

That means if you have both checkpoints in action
You gotta beat the level 3 times
Start -> Goal, Checkpoint -> Goal, Checkpoint 2 -> Goal
Pffffft
Atleast it makes making the NSMBDS Final Castle level a lot easier since I can put checkpoints at the right spots now

Plus it means I get to play more of that wonderful castle
Huppah

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Quite certain it's either you have to touch the checkpoint, or you have to beat it normally and then beat it again from the checkpoint.

The trailer even shows that the reason for it is so people don't troll by putting a checkpoint in a spot that results in an unwinnable situation.

There's no way they'd overlook the possibility of it being abused to make the start of the level unbeatable.
*Miis with phallic faces such and names like suk mahde--*
Yeah'd...They'd never overlook something...

Burb

The Absolute Worst
*Miis with phallic faces such and names like suk mahde--*
Yeah'd...They'd never overlook something...
Errrr.....the two situations are completely different. Like, not even comparable in the slightest.

They can't set something up to immediately recognize someone drawing a penis on a Mii's face.

They CAN make sure people don't make unwinnable levels, though. Forcing the player to complete them before they can be uploaded is there for that very reason.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Well, Smash overlooked it by preventing use of Miis online.
Online for everywhere BUT Tourney Mode
we get Miis in tourneys but not For Fun/Glory
Nintendo I trusted you
muh3dsmiiexperience

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Got new headphones. :grin:

Here's hoping they actually last for a good time unlike the others...

They have a bit too much bass, though. On the other hand, they fit better with my head.

Life is indeed bittersweet.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Dhalsim hype again! :D And he has a beard now! He can join Ryu in the beard club now. :p

Also

View attachment 80198

I think the second image is a Photoshop'd Little Mac. :p
For real though, I might start playing Street Fighter if Capcom did a crossover with Nintendo and put Little Mac in the game.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Got new headphones. :grin:

Here's hoping they actually last for a good time unlike the others...

They have a bit too much bass, though. On the other hand, they fit better with my head.

Life is indeed bittersweet.
I've had this flimsy pair of purple earbuds that's worked 100% fine for like 6 months. I have no idea how they have survived this long as I usually wear out earbuds in a month.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Errrr.....the two situations are completely different. Like, not even comparable in the slightest.

They can't set something up to immediately recognize someone drawing a penis on a Mii's face.

They CAN make sure people don't make unwinnable levels, though. Forcing the player to complete them before they can be uploaded is there for that very reason.
You know what I meant :p

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
****ing Australia man, they make 18+ games illegal, make Dragon Ball Origins 18+ because of the infamous Bulma panty scene and now this

While we are on the topic of headphones, I really hate how they just decide to spontaneously stop working on me. Literally the worst thing ever, especially when I play TTT and talk to my (often loud) friends on TS3 >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom