• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'll go with the first I guess. Even though it'd probably be controversial (especially amongst the Ridley fanbase).
Kraid, Dark Samus, or one of the hunters from MPH?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Only one? But I gave 4 votes that I know of.
The site says 1 vote per person. Technically we don't know if those 3 other votes were effective.

It's like you are at Taco Bell, and you have only 1 dollar.

Do you get the beefy cheesy burrito, Triple-layer nachos churro, or the spicy beef mini quesadilla?

I really miss Taco Bell :(

D

Deleted member

Kraid, Dark Samus, or one of the hunters from MPH?
Nope.
It's Ridley.
But....

(I figured I would make a case at a compromise. If Sakurai found adult Ridley to be to problematic to work with in terms of changing too much, perhaps adolescent Ridley would be easier to work with?)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Characters from franchises abandoned to their doom,and used later as a shameless promotion to get the PS1/early PS2 era fans to play a trainwreck.
Honestly PSASBR gets a lot more hate than it deserves, IMO.

It's far from Game-of-the-Year, but also far from a trainwreck.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
PSASBR main problem is far from being the roster
Some picks were odd but I would prefer having better gameplay than "fixing" the roster

I don't know who thought the mazes were a good idea in the first place
I also remember getting on the final level and kept looping on it until I gound out you have to kill a specific number of enemies and just said "**** this, i have important things to do"
Seriously? Explains why it took a while
He speaks snakian, he's one of them.
Why would he fight them?

Define "retro"
Swamp found out his crush's diary had the soul of Konami and they sicked Snake on him

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
To the person that voted: "Phoenix Wright, Bandana Dee, Bomberman, and Captain Toad" in http://goo.gl/forms/8BX9yzLtwE. Please fix it. It's 1 vote. Voting for more than one character will cause me to delete your vote, or I will just count your first choice.

D

Deleted member

Seriously? Explains why it took a while

Swamp found out his crush's diary had the soul of Konami and they sicked Snake on him
You're telling me you kept playing that level over and over again without knowing what to do?
I realized on the second loop or something thaf there was somethibg wrong with it
Unless you take Brinstar Depths into account.

As well as Zero Mission.
Super Metroid exists, you know? ;^)

D

Deleted member

I want to buy EOU2 already but I can only leave after lunch
It's so close yet so far
Took about 3 loops, I killed stuff that tried to touch me. The Mirror Shield is ****ing useless too
The Mirror Shield has a designed purpose?
At least one thing's for sure, Nintendo doesn't know what to do with Kraid's size
Canon size is probably "bigger than Ridley"

During Smash 5 speculation, Kraid will rise in popularity and this is how it will turn out
Some dumb nerd: "Kraid's too ****ing big! He can't be in Smash!"
Me: *shows pic of Mini Kraid*
Dumb nerd: "holy ****!"

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You know, it still bothers me that Kraid never showed up in the Prime games. He would seriously be so amazing to fight in first person.
I wish I was born earlier, I would have loved to be one of the people to experience Kraid's transition from Metroid to Super Metroid, especially with Mini Kraid right beforehand.

You know, it still bothers me that Kraid never showed up in the Prime games. He would seriously be so amazing to fight in first person.
I wish I was born earlier, I would have loved to be one of the people to experience Kraid's transition from Metroid to Super Metroid, especially with Mini Kraid right beforehand.
If it makes you feel any better he was planned at one point but scrapped. Kraid has honestly missed way too many chances as is. He was in Metroid and Super AND melee making him one of the most iconic characters and yet he keeps getting the shaft. . .

EDIT sig fail . .. Wish we could make images stick to the top :/

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's such a shame Meta Kraid got scrapped, Crocomire was also scrapped in both ZM and Prime 3

D

Deleted member

I wish I was born earlier so 90% of the SNES era games wouldn't have been spoiled to me
****ing FFVI and Chrono Trigger spoilers everywhere
Though the reason that I decided to play them was because of all these spoilers "all right, jeez, ill play the godforsaken game so just shut the **** up about it please, i already got it, they're the ones with the murder clown and the giant space parasitic vagina, right?"

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I want to buy EOU2 already but I can only leave after lunch
It's so close yet so far

The Mirror Shield has a designed purpose?

Canon size is probably "bigger than Ridley"

During Smash 5 speculation, Kraid will rise in popularity and this is how it will turn out
Some dumb nerd: "Kraid's too ****ing big! He can't be in Smash!"
Me: *shows pic of Mini Kraid*
Dumb nerd: "holy ****!"
Kraid Supporter:
Kraid can work, they can use Mini Kraid!
Kraid Detractor: That doesn't count because that's just game limitations!
Kraid Supporter:
He's still not that much bigger than Samus, just shrink him and he'd be perfect!
Kraid Detractor: But the fact he's bigger PROVES he was always meant to be big and he would be too big to balance and too OP so it won't work!
Kraid Supporter: But DK is twice as big as Marth if he stood up! Yet he works in Smash, that could just make him work like that!
Kraid Detractor: That would take too much dev time, and Sakurai wouldn't just do that for one character just to make something so dumb playable in the first place! So just give up!

>cycle ensues.

Too bad cuz I would actually like to see Kraid playable in Smash, that would be pretty cool. :laugh:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
60 euros like most games on the Wii U, Xbone and PS4. Splatoon was only 35 iirc
What, it costs like $20 here in NA, why in the world would it cost more there? It makes less sense considering it's a remake.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
"Way of the Sakurai"
Full interview transcription.

This is the interview where Sakurai discusses Ridley in Brawl, wave dashing, and playing "for fun". Nothing new, but I've collected the whole interview and typed it for everyone. Should be a good resource :).

D

Deleted member

All you complaining about games being expensive in your country have probably never heard of how it's like in Brazil

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Finally, something interesting in this thread.
I really need to be finished with the Japan's ballot project so I can start working on translating some really cool stuff. Hope you like it, I typed it all in ~40 minutes!

Sorry for boasting.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I really need to be finished with the Japan's ballot project so I can start working on translating some really cool stuff. Hope you like it, I typed it all in ~40 minutes!

Sorry for boasting.
Don't worry, that's pretty awesome, thanks for your work.

About the translation...
"I think that would probably be pretty impossible. [Laughs]"
*cries*

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The site says 1 vote per person. Technically we don't know if those 3 other votes were effective.

It's like you are at Taco Bell, and you have only 1 dollar.

Do you get the beefy cheesy burrito, Triple-layer nachos churro, or the spicy beef mini quesadilla?

I really miss Taco Bell :(
Daredevil Loaded Grillers, Habanero. There's your answer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom