• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

SSJ3 is funny because it's been the least useful transformation.

A character going into SSJ3 usually means they're gonna lose.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Nope. As of now, SSJ1; And considering how Gohan got Samus-levels of nerfs, it shows.

SSJ3 is useless as of post-Buu Saga (or counting movies, Wrath of the Dragon).
I kinda hate that Kaioken is considered ignored now

Also, I'm now Jin Saotome

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
With God now it is, but I'd argue it could have been useful. Look at things like SS1 or
Golden Frieza
They carry large energy drains, but you can train yourself to cut down that (in the case of 1, outright negate). Goku only recently got it, that coupled with using it outside Other World (and then later in a living body) made it the ultimate energy drain. If Goku spent time devoting to training to minimize the energy drain, it would be a lot more useful. God Energy effectively made that useless though (unless Goku is able to use a SSGSS3 form, but we don't know if SSGSS is it's own thing or an entirely seperate transformation.

In the movie he basically explains it as a Super Saiyan with god energy, so I'm not sure if he say still has all his forms imbued with god energy or if the progression of the Saiyan forms reset, or if SSGSS is the cap for it (which I wouldn't mind, they have enough forms)

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So just out of curiosity, how do you guys normally do in ranked battles in Splatoon?
For me, I always do my best, but 80% of the time I get stuck with a team of losers who can't do anything right, because I'm stuck in limbo in the B rank.
I wish the rating system were better so that the good players wouldn't get brought down by the bad ones.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Most of the rivalry's are apparently based off of different stuff (parappa and the guy from ape escape because they're old games. Jack and dexter and rachet and clank because of the duo team. Sly and Nathen Drake for being theives). It makes a bit more sense when you look into it.

I will also join the main train soon. I just can't save mine for the time being.
I already understood those one, but those that I mentionned earlier...why?

Neo Zero

Nope. As of now, SSJ1; And considering how Gohan got Samus-levels of nerfs, it shows.

SSJ3 is useless as of post-Buu Saga (or counting movies, Wrath of the Dragon).
I kinda hate that Kaioken is considered ignored now

Also, I'm now Jin Saotome
Kaioken makes me angry for numerous reasons

1, the Saiyan Saga fallen were there for a while, yet none were taught? That's especially inexcusable for Tien considering how good of a fighter he is, how committed he is and how LONG he was there (fairly sure his time there eclipsed Goku's)

2, Cell. He says he can use the Kaioken (and the Spirit Bomb but I understand why the evil Cell can't use it, nor why he would use it on fighters it would have minimal to no effect on), yet he NEVER uses the Kaioken. Imperfect Cell alone is a lot stronger than Namek Goku, let alone could regenerate, so he should have been able to handle at least 20x. Not to mention Perfect Cell vs Gohan, I'm not saying it would have been enough of a difference, but certainly it was a better option to use than juicing himself up to fail against Gohan. Let alone, not using it in the Kamehameha duel just angers me. If you were never going to let him use Kaioken, WHY say he can.

D

Deleted member

But Pan can't because...?
:facepalm:
Pretty sure this is saying that Pan can.

The only thing that told us otherwise was the non-canon GT.

EDIT: And not only that, but it was bs anyway, as we saw Goku Jr. (who is Pan's grandson) turn Super Saiyan.

Toriyama explained that the reason there has been no female Super Saiyan is because:
-Pan and Bulla have had no incentive to transform
-He couldn't figure out what a female Super Saiyan would look like (which he seems to have figured it out now with the whole Videl turning Super Saiyan because of baby Pan in the womb thing)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I actually don't mind this. Gotenks was a mystical being, not bound by normal mortal limits. That coupled with the time in the Time Chamber makes it seem very possible they could attain that level. It's not like they could right away after all
To be quite frank, they were a fusion of two children. They weren't like Kai or anything. Piccolo taught it to them on a whim from how fast he learned how to do it and Piccolo gets jobbed the entire Buu saga. I don't think it's really that special to refer to it as "mystical".

As far as obtaining that level, it's actually not possible given that:

1. The only reason Gohan got up to those levels at a young age was he had a hidden latent power since the very beginning of Dragon Ball Z and he dealt with many serious fights where these kids did not until Buu. None of these kids had a legendary power within, I'd argue it's unbelievable like a lot of things in the Buu saga. All the training Vegeta and Goku did just to get to ascended as well.

2. Time chamber before the Buu saga wasn't enough to even power up any of the Z fighters to insane levels outside of maybe Gohan which took far more time and effort and with him having the latent power. Vegeta, Goku, Piccolo, they all "powered up" but they busted their rears to do as such, and still didn't power up that much.

3. It was "legendary" for Gohan to even obtain Super Saiyan 2 and it was only because he had a latent power he was able to achieve it. This was all trivialized in the Buu saga, so even fusing two children to even get to the level of SS3 is really just poor writing when they've been building up a principal throughout the series. There is no sense to be had with the Buu saga when it comes to power ups we're actually counting DBZ's past as a comparison. It doesn't add up.

More or less, when the Buu saga hit Toriyama I'm pretty sure ended up forgetting many moments of the saga and just wrote whichever. I mean, he passed the torch to Gohan only to take it away to bring Goku as the main character which in itself hurt a lot of character development.

Neo Zero

To be quite frank, they were a fusion of two children. They weren't like Kai or anything. Piccolo taught it to them on a whim from how fast he learned how to do it and Piccolo gets jobbed the entire Buu saga. I don't think it's really that special to refer to it as "mystical".

As far as obtaining that level, it's actually not possible given that:

1. The only reason Gohan got up to those levels at a young age was he had a hidden latent power since the very beginning of Dragon Ball Z and he dealt with many serious fights where these kids did not until Buu. None of these kids had a legendary power within, I'd argue it's unbelievable like a lot of things in the Buu saga. All the training Vegeta and Goku did just to get to ascended as well.

2. Time chamber before the Buu saga wasn't enough to even power up any of the Z fighters to insane levels outside of maybe Gohan which took far more time and effort and with him having the latent power. Vegeta, Goku, Piccolo, they all "powered up" but they busted their rears to do as such, and still didn't power up that much.

3. It was "legendary" for Gohan to even obtain Super Saiyan 2 and it was only because he had a latent power he was able to achieve it. This was all trivialized in the Buu saga, so even fusing two children to even get to the level of SS3 is really just poor writing when they've been building up a principal throughout the series. There is no sense to be had with the Buu saga when it comes to power ups we're actually counting DBZ's past as a comparison. It doesn't add up.

More or less, when the Buu saga hit Toriyama I'm pretty sure ended up forgetting many moments of the saga and just wrote whichever. I mean, he passed the torch to Gohan only to take it away to bring Goku as the main character which in itself hurt a lot of character development.
I view fusions in a different light then I guess. After all, it's not like any of the abilities gained as Gotenks transfers to Goten or Trunks.

Don't get me wrong, DB is full of questionable writing no matter the saga, I'm just offering an explanation.

Frankly, I wish SS2 was the final Saiyan level. Had you kept it Gohan exclusive, you could even write it off that, as a halfling, he was able to get a mutated stronger version of Super Saiyan. Then all that got flushed down the toilet with Gohan, when Goku pulled a Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania IX on Gohan (Bret Hart) in the Buu Saga and stole all the spotlight for himself. I'm still angry Gohan wasn't given his chance to shine as an adult, and now he's a joke for the Goku and Vegeta show Starring Goku as Son Goku.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of too many forms and non-canon, we've got LSS3 Broly and LSS4 Broly in games.
Think we'll get "Legendary Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" next? It's not like Broly hadn't had blue hair before. :troll:

Neo Zero

Speaking of too many forms and non-canon, we've got LSS3 Broly and LSS4 Broly in games.
Think we'll get "Legendary Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" next? It's not like Broly hadn't had blue hair before. :troll:
Legendary Super Saiyan Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Broly Pre Order DLC

Screw Canon and Sense, let's make money.

I'd buy it

D

Deleted member

I'd buy it
You know, why stop there? Throw in a 4.
Make him have the same power as the Ugly Barnacle. (Everyone died. The end.)

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
There's that theory that says that Goku and Vegeta passed down a SS gen or something that Goten and Trunks inherited. And that humans are more emotional so it's easier for a half-saiyan half-human to transform.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There's nothing quite like naming one of your favorite characters in your writing after someone (despite them not really being similiar at all) and having big plans for the character in future installments of the writing.

Only for that person to **** you over, stab you in the back, and then you remind yourself later that you have that character named after that **** bag and it's too late to change their name or change their direction of plot because they're already in development.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

I'd buy it
Legendary Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.
We're too the point where the hyperbolic jokes we made about Super Saiyan forms have become real.

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
So... with "Chamber of Leaks" in the title... Did I miss anything?

Also... I made these because bored:

If you wondering what that last image is for... I'm trying to revive the concept of this channel, only with Smash 4. I'm starting with the Woolly World-stage. Would you like to see something like this?

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

If you wondering what that last image is for... I'm trying to revive the concept of this channel, only with Smash 4. I'm starting with the Woolly World-stage. Would you like to see something like this?
I just changed the title because people were requesting a title change.
When I made this thread @Swampasaur asked if I would still include his name in the title. I'm trying to think of creative ways of using his name. This week is famous book titles.

Nice logo/ SK render!

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
I just changed the title because people were requesting a title change.
When I made this thread @Swampasaur asked if I would still include his name in the title. I'm trying to think of creative ways of using his name. This week is famous book titles.

Nice logo/ SK render!
SK render is actually Nibroc's.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Aw, Butt Butt's a good guy, he doesn't kill people.
Unless he just is a part-time gravedigger...

BTW, do you keep the project files for these after you're finished?
I wanted to play around with the one you made me:
midna_emerges_from_the_shadows___super_smash_bros__by_gameonion-d94jzxx.png

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
@Dantarion is his account, I believe.

"Dantarion" said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDBfeQU1kEE&feature=youtu.be

srsly, this is old news.... remember this vid from like...2 months ago? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h0EmDEwub0
How about all the automated patch notes? http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/mastercore3/[3]

This isn't newsworthy at all, but I guess it convinced me to upload a vid of marth walking like his sonic on acid

Also, he cut off the part where I said im quitting modding games after this stuff.
Source

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
@ PushDustIn PushDustIn @Swampasaur

War and Peace and Swampasaur.

The Adventures of Huckleberry Swamp.

Swampasaur's Adventure in Wonderland.

The Catcher in the Swamp.

Nineteen Eighty Saur.

The Grapes of Swamp.

The Perks of Being a Swampasaur.

Swampasaur's Guide to the Galaxy.

Romeo and Swampasaur.

Swamp of Green Gables.

Of Mice and Swamp.

Where the Wild Swamp's Are.

Green Eggs and Swamp.

Slaughterhouse-Saur.

The Pillars of the Swamp.

The Swamp Thief.

One Flew Over the Swampasaur's Nest.

Moby-****; or, the Swampasaur.

Swamp-the-Pooh.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I was actually going to do Of Swamp and Men next.

Swamp Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Catcher in the Swamp

were also in my head! Guess I shouldn't have revealed my theme :3. I might change it this week then, to keep some surprise.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
@ PushDustIn PushDustIn @Swampasaur

War and Peace and Swampasaur.

The Adventures of Huckleberry Swamp.

Swampasaur's Adventure in Wonderland.

The Catcher in the Swamp.

Nineteen Eighty Saur.

The Grapes of Swamp.

The Perks of Being a Swampasaur.

Swampasaur's Guide to the Galaxy.

Romeo and Swampasaur.

Swamp of Green Gables.

Of Mice and Swamp.

Where the Wild Swamp's Are.

Green Eggs and Swamp.

Slaughterhouse-Saur.

The Pillars of the Swamp.

The Swamp Thief.

One Flew Over the Swampasaur's Nest.

Moby-****; or, the Swampasaur.

Swamp-the-Pooh.
PushDustin and the order of the Swamp.

Did I do it right? :awesome:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

I loved that channel. I'd be interested for sure. Would you have the info relayed through text or through a voice over? I'd prefer the former.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Guys what if... Mario is and always was a villain. Think about it.

He imprisoned Donkey Kong cruely in a circus and made him perform. Which led to Donkey Kong seeking revenge so he took Mario's girlfriend Pauline away from him. Following that adventure, he kidnapped Donkey Kong again and imprisoned him in a tiny cage while his son had to rescue him. He also seems to like jumping on little turtle men which is a pretty evil thing to do if you ask me.

Maybe Bowser steals Peach away so he can protect her from the cruel and evil Mario.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Guys what if... Mario is and always was a villain. Think about it.

He imprisoned Donkey Kong cruely in a circus and made him perform. Which led to Donkey Kong seeking revenge so he took Mario's girlfriend Pauline away from him. Following that adventure, he kidnapped Donkey Kong again and imprisoned him in a tiny cage while his son had to rescue him. He also seems to like jumping on little turtle men which is a pretty evil thing to do if you ask me.

Maybe Bowser steals Peach away so he can protect her from the cruel and evil Mario.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom