• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I remember the "top 10 games" question being asked not that long ago, but I didn't answer then, so I figure I'll do it now. Smash and Pokemon will be limited to one slot with just my favorite of them listed or else the list would be mostly them.

My top 10 Nintendo exclusive:

1. Smash WiiU
2. Pokemon Heartgold
3. Dragon Quest Monsters 2 (here's to hoping fans translate its 3DS remake someday, as SE is never localizing it)
4. Super Mario 64
5. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
6. Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
7. Super Mario Bros. 3
8. Legend of Zelda Link to the Past
9. Castlevania 3
10. Kirby Super Star Ultra

Top 10 when non-Nintendo games are considered (though it doesn't change much):

1. Smash WiiU
2. Pokemon Heartgold
3. Dragon Quest 8 (my favorite pure single player experience in a game)
4. Dragon Quest Monsters 2
5. Doom 2 (the game alone wouldn't be this high, but its modding scene is amazing and still strong after 20 years)
6. Super Mario 64
7. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
8. Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
9. Okami
10. Super Mario Bros. 3

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
1. Super Smash Brothers Melee

Never has a fighter ever been able to completely nail the enjoyability of the game at both a casual and competitive level. No game has ever come close to the feeling you get when you nail a combo in Melee, or make a sick read. Melee is not only my favorite Nintendo game, but my favorite game of all time. Not just for nostalgic reasons, but for the perfection of gameplay that was a beautiful accident. Never gonna forget how this game brought me and my friends together, and no game will ever compare.

2. Pokemon Emerald

I got Pokemon Blue when I was extremely young. This came out when I was around 3 or 4, so I just stuck to the TV show and watched my older friends play. Pokemon Emerald was my first true adventure into Pokemon, and the memories are great. This is the only game that is likely here for purely nostalgic reasons. The franchise as a whole belongs here, as it was and always will forever be important to me.

3. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Sequels always get me, and I think this game being above Ocarina for me is because of my hype for it when I was young. But it also hit me in more ways than just that. It spoke to me on a personal level as I struggled with learning disabilities at that age, and the game's themes not only can associate to death, but to how you feel about yourself. Something I never see mentioned about MM, but is very important. The game's themes are beautifully dark, and manage to make me care for a game world like I never did before.

I'm not gonna go anywhere beyond that, as it's tough to rank. But my top 3 are a list I'm very sure of. If I kept going you'd see Mario Galaxy, Super Mario World, Super Metroid, and more. But it's tough to rank. These games above are 100%.

D

Deleted member

Watching a bit of WWE makes me wish Smash Bros. gets entrances we can make some day. lol

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
You must HATE I put the game at 8 then :p

Why does fruit juice have to be more expensive than soda. It is so much healthier and college students need there vitamins :(
Juice really isn't that much healthier; it's mostly flavored sugar water, and lacks much of the nutrients and fiber that are in fruit, especially if there's no pulp.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Juice really isn't that much healthier; it's mostly flavored sugar water, and lacks much of the nutrients and fiber that are in fruit, especially if there's no pulp.
Depends on the juice you're drinking. More chance to find an healthy juice than an healty soda. (I hate sodas)

I can't make a top 10 Nintendo games : there is just to many to choose from.

Also this.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Depends on the juice you're drinking. More chance to find an healthy juice than an healty soda. (I hate sodas)

I can't make a top 10 Nintendo games : there is just to many to choose from.

Also this.
Not saying sodas are anything healthy, but juice being "healthy" is a misconception, and if you're trying to be health-conscious, you're much better off drinking water and eating the actual fruits.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Not saying sodas are anything healthy, but juice being "healthy" is a misconception, and if you're trying to be health-conscious, you're much better off drinking water and eating the actual fruits.
I'm just saying there is healthy type of juice (that taste better too:p). But yeah, normal juice aren't healthy, water is the best drink and fruits the best candy.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
So here's a neat question that's likely been done to death:

Top 10 Nintendo games? Note: Not series, games individually.
10) Splatoon
9) Metroid Prime
8) Super Mario Galaxy
7) Super Mario Bros 3
6) Animal Crossing
5) The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
4) Super Metroid
3) Super Smash Bros: Melee
2) Super Mario 64
1) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

.n_n.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Let's see

1. Super Smash Bros (Series)
  2. Punch Out Wii
  3. Kirby Super Star
  4. Fire Emblem Awakening
  5. Super Mario World
  6. Metroid Zero Mission
  7. F-Zero X
  8. Pokemon Emerald
  9. Mario Kart 7/8
  10. Donkey Kong Country 2
Honorable Mentions:
Wonderful 101, Sin and Punishment: Star Successor, Super Mario All-Stars, Super Metroid, Pokemon Heart Gold, WarioLand 4, Yoshi's Island, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin/Dual Strike, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, Kirby Air Ride, Star Fox 64 3D and Wave Race 64

I also picked up a new character. I think he's more fun than Shulk.
Notice me @ PushDustIn PushDustIn
image.jpg

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
  1. The Wonderful 101
  2. The Wonderful 101
  3. The Wonderful 101
  4. The Wonderful 101
  5. The Wonderful 101
  6. The Wonderful 101
  7. The Wonderful 101
  8. The Wonderful 101
  9. The Wonderful 101
  10. The Wonderful 101
What do I win?
All of my like. Seriously, this is one of my favorite games. I need to finish it though.....

D

Deleted member

Favorite Nintendo games... This is a tough list to make, but that's a testament to how good Nintendo is as a game publisher and developer.

As for the Warchamp7 thing, here's mine:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
That Peach was great on the Smash 4 stream

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

I'm going to leave Smash out of the list because quite honestly I feel it transcends typical video gaming and becomes a hobby in and of itself.

1 & 2: Tied between Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past and Illusion of Gaia. It's usually whichever of the two I've played last.
3: Mega Man X
4: Mega Man 2
5: Pokemon Red
6: Iji
7: Sonic 3 & Knuckles
8: Super Mario Bros. 3
9: Super Mario World
10: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
11: Blaster Master

(There's 11 because I hit 'Reply,' went "Oh crap, how'd I leave out Pokemon?!" and didn't want to remove 'Blaster Master' from the list)

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Really?
I mean generally I hate juice but is that true?
Yeah, juice is pretty much just sugar in flavored water, with little micronutrients, and little-to-no fiber (especially if there's no pulp). 12 fluid ounces of orange juice for example, has about 150 calories and around 30g of sugar, with the only worthwhile nutrition being some vitamin c (for some comparison, the same amount of coke has around 140 calories with 39g of sugar, while 30g of sugar is about the max you should be having each day). As such, juices are calorie/sugar dense drinks of little nutritional value.

As for why juices are that bad, the juice in fruit is where the sugar is, while the flesh is where the fiber and micronutrients mostly are. It additionally takes a disproportionate amount of fruit to get a worthwhile juice amount, which ends up inflating the amount of sugar even more. So when you juice a fruit, you're essentially just getting sugar water. If you want to drink fruits (and veges), smoothies are the way to go, as while they can still be calorie dense, the fiber and micronutrients are maintained as the flesh is kept within the drink.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyone have any high res pics of alt colors in Smash Bros? I'm needing high res green Zelda alt. Thanks.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah, juice is pretty much just sugar in flavored water, with little micronutrients, and little-to-no fiber (especially if there's no pulp). 12 fluid ounces of orange juice for example, has about 150 calories and around 30g of sugar, with the only worthwhile nutrition being some vitamin c (for some comparison, the same amount of coke has around 140 calories with 39g of sugar, while 30g of sugar is about the max you should be having each day). As such, juices are calorie/sugar dense drinks of little nutritional value.

As for why juices are that bad, the juice in fruit is where the sugar is, while the flesh is where the fiber and micronutrients mostly are. It additionally takes a disproportionate amount of fruit to get a worthwhile juice amount, which ends up inflating the amount of sugar even more. So when you juice a fruit, you're essentially just getting sugar water. If you want to drink fruits (and veges), smoothies are the way to go, as while they can still be calorie dense, the fiber and micronutrients are maintained as the flesh is kept within the drink.
Sugar water?
So it is basically just as bad as soda...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom