• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Anyone wanting to watch the first arc of super should just watch the movie. So far it's ten times better than the show.

Only thing you need to know from super Yamcha is the first person to land a good hit on beerus, so he must have undergone some intense training and is holding back.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A fat princess with an evil superpowered man.
Some kind of nazi stormtrooper against an undead knight
A sack boy against a Cyber-Abomination
An astronaut agaisnt freacking Zeus

Some of the rivalries are just random in this game.
It would be cool to see in Smash if it's less random.
A lot of them take more abstract routes with the rivalries.

Sir Daniel and Radec are from the same developers, are both soldiers from opposite eras (distant past and distant future), and at the end of the day,
both are dead.

Sackboy and Big Daddy have a more psychological approach. Beyond being the characters of two opposite sizes ("Big" Daddy, and the fact that canonically Sackboy's only a few inches tall), they also symbolize creation vs destruction, with Little Big Planet being all about imagination and creativity, while Rapture of the Bioshock games is an underwater dystopian society.

Zeus and Isaac Clarke, I won't lie, is mainly because they're both DLC promoting, at the time, newer games. That being said, there's also a theology rivalry here. IIRC, Isaac Clarke constantly has to deal with an antagonistic religious cult. Zeus is, of course, a god.

I have nothing for Evil Cole and Fat Princess though. :p

EDIT: Googled it. It's a Greed thing. Evil Cole is power hungry, and Fat Princess is cake hungry. Why didn't I see that.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Sir Daniel and Radec are from the same developers, are both soldiers from opposite eras (distant past and distant future), and at the end of the day,
both are dead.
It's probably my favorite rivalry in the game. I'm biased because I played both extensively and was known as a notable Radec player in my prime.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Ok, this is my person last polling effort for Smash 4 DLC (I say this right now...)

You have one choice. You can only vote one time.

"Who did you vote for in the Smash Ballot?"

Not sure when I'll close it/ stop collecting data. Might be around October 2nd.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's probably my favorite rivalry in the game. I'm biased because I played both extensively and was known as a notable Radec player in my prime.
I mean, I never played it competitively (I just played it often with my friend when I was over at his house), but Sackboy just clicked with me. :p He was my favorite Playstation character already, but man. That cake shooter and his little suplex. Just the best. :D

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I mean, I never played it competitively (I just played it often with my friend when I was over at his house), but Sackboy just clicked with me. :p He was my favorite Playstation character already, but man. That cake shooter and his little suplex. Just the best. :D
And a DAMN ANNOYING AND FRUSTRATING staller. Granted, not impossible to beat, but since I was effectively maining the Sm4sh :4samus: of PSASBR there was obvious difficulty.

Probably one of the characters I despised fighting the most.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And a DAMN ANNOYING AND FRUSTRATING staller. Granted, not impossible to beat, but since I was effectively maining the Sm4sh :4samus: of PSASBR there was obvious difficulty.

Probably one of the characters I despised fighting the most.
So basically Brawl Olimar/Ice Climbers or Sm4sh Rosalina? :D

That's kind of fitting considering I like using Olimar. :laugh:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Ok, this is my person last polling effort for Smash 4 DLC (I say this right now...)

It'll definitely be interesting to see where this goes with only one vote per pop. I personally went with the first character I voted for when the Ballot opened...
...Geno... *Clears throat*
...Hey, just because he has NO chance and I fully acknowledge it doesn't mean I can't voice my thoughts on him. =P

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dragonball, book names and PSASBR?
More like: weebs arguing, nerds arguing and filthy casuals being casuals :cool:
Also, leaked pic of me
FB_IMG_1441502594735.jpg

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So basically Brawl Olimar/Ice Climbers or Sm4sh Rosalina? :D

That's kind of fitting considering I like using Olimar. :laugh:
Both pale in comparison given that Sackboy could glitch with the Bounce Pad and Checkpoint to reach stupidly high parts of a stage and stall from there. Most characters can't reach him without Supers, to boot.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Intresting that so far there's very little repetition of results (barring catastrophic mispellings)

Bananija

Count of Trickery
http://playstationallstars.wikia.com/wiki/Rivals

This explains all of them. It seems some just have to do with creators or the company that made them.

both are dead.

Sackboy and Big Daddy have a more psychological approach. Beyond being the characters of two opposite sizes ("Big" Daddy, and the fact that canonically Sackboy's only a few inches tall), they also symbolize creation vs destruction, with Little Big Planet being all about imagination and creativity, while Rapture of the Bioshock games is an underwater dystopian society.

Zeus and Isaac Clarke, I won't lie, is mainly because they're both DLC promoting, at the time, newer games. That being said, there's also a theology rivalry here. IIRC, Isaac Clarke constantly has to deal with an antagonistic religious cult. Zeus is, of course, a god.

I have nothing for Evil Cole and Fat Princess though. :p

EDIT: Googled it. It's a Greed thing. Evil Cole is power hungry, and Fat Princess is cake hungry. Why didn't I see that.
Some of them are really stretch. But with there limited cast, I guess tthat's understandable.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Fat princess and Evil Cole. The link between the two is to thin to make a rivalry between Zelda and Charizard because they both use fire in at least one attack.
Yeah, that one's honestly the biggest stretch. :laugh: Red and blue duality also factor into it, but it's mainly just greed. :p

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I got a hold of tons of older Nintendo Power today. So I've reading some really old articles.

Did you know that the GameCube had an SD reader memory card? In the end it was only used for Animal Crossing E+ in Japan, but it was actually released! Never seen one in the wild. Maybe some day.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think the main problem was that they only included the PS1 stars they had full ownership of. Sony is not as nostalgic a company as Nintendo and let Spyro and Crash go when it suited them. There's also Lara Croft and Cloud but they were never first party.

It really undercut the whole Play station celebration and fanservice they were going for.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think the main problem was that they only included the PS1 stars they had full ownership of. Sony is not as nostalgic a company as Nintendo and let Spyro and Crash go when it suited them. There's also Lara Croft and Cloud but they were never first party.

It really undercut the whole Play station celebration and fanservice they were going for.
IIRC, they really wanted Crash, Spyro, Cloud, and Lara, but Activision and Square Enix denied them access.

Gotta love rights issues, huh?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Are we allowed to spread this poll around the other Thread and /or boards?

Last edited:

Chrono.

I thought the roster for PS All Stars was alright, some stuff that stood out to me as kinda bad was
  • Using DmC Dante
  • Lack of PS1-era starpower like Crash, Spyro or Cloud

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
IIRC, they really wanted Crash, Spyro, Cloud, and Lara, but Activision and Square Enix denied them access.

Gotta love rights issues, huh?
I think Square Enix was going to give them Lara but it had to be reboot Lara, not PS1 era Lara.

And I think they offered Lightning instead of Cloud.

Which was the same thing Capcom and Konami did with Raiden and Donte.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think Square Enix was going to give them Lara but it had to be reboot Lara, not PS1 era Lara.

And I think they offered Lightning instead of Cloud.

Which was the same thing Capcom and Konami did with Raiden and Donte.
If they wouldn't mind Raiden and Donte, why would they mind Lara's reboot?

Kid Icarus: Hard game, mazes can eat a ****, the final level can land rectum first on the eiffel tower and Medusa is piss easy

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That's why Nintnedo and Namco get props for having the Proper PAc-Man and not the "hip cool" one.

And props to the Bioshock guys for realising that the Big Daddy was the series icon even with Infinite upcoming.

Not suprise to hear Squeenix kept pushing Lightning. If 2 was to come out soon they'd change their tune.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Crystal Dynamics wanted their Tomb Raider reboot to be reboot Lara's first appearance in a game from what I've heard.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Are we allowed to spread this poll around the other Thread and /or boards?
Yes! Please go ahead and share it. Post it on your Facebook. Ask your mom. Show your dentist. More votes == better data. Since people need to login to vote, I'm not too concerned about the ballot getting potentially hijacked.

Plus the last time I did a poll, I was able to measure the difference that sharing had on the poll. That was pretty interesting. Wasn't it?

This one is just a final poll before the ballot ends in >a month. It's more for future sake then anything else.

@BluePikmin11 is also working on some last minute polling efforts, so stay tuned.

BTW, tomorrow I'm working on Japanese DLC request data. Not sure if I'll finish, but I'm going to work on it tomorrow. I just finished writing 2 new posts for Source Gaming, so I can focus on DLC request data again.

Chrono.

Raiden was okay, at least he has precedence and is the series secondary protag.

D

Deleted member

PSASBR main problem is far from being the roster
Some picks were odd but I would prefer having better gameplay than "fixing" the roster

Kid Icarus: Hard game, mazes can eat a ****, the final level can land rectum first on the eiffel tower and Medusa is piss easy
I don't know who thought the mazes were a good idea in the first place
I also remember getting on the final level and kept looping on it until I gound out you have to kill a specific number of enemies and just said "**** this, i have important things to do"

Strofirko

Smash Master
If you think about most of the PSASBR rosters is composed of retro characters.

Last edited:
Chamber of leaks and not "Hyperbolic Leak Chamber"
smh

Voted Wonder Red because he is the one I voted for the most. . .ironically about to put a vote in for Dixie ;)
Holy **** Pandora's easy as hell in Kid Icarus. She's the third boss, why is the the easiest?
Ducking under Twinbellows fireballs though. All of the bosses were easy. Unlike of myths and monsters. . . or i suck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom