• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Link dressing in women's clothing is for humor, nothing more nothing less. lol

D

Deleted member

I just caught up and noticed you folks were talking about PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. I only played the beta back in 2012 and the gameplay didn't click with me.

Honestly, I wasn't very disappointed at the character roster. Crash and Spyro were two of my most wanted characters, but I wasn't expecting them because I figured that Activision would be difficult to negotiate with. Their exclusion is still unfortunate since they both were once considered Sony's unofficial mascots despite technically never being owned by the company. Both of them used to be two of PlayStation's biggest icons, but they couldn't even make it into a crossover fighting game where they would've both fit in perfectly.

I thought the first party portion of the roster was solid, though.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Isn't crossdressing a "normal" thing to do?
If people want to dress like that, it's fine, to each their own. But it's really a Japan form of humor where they come from, which is why so many things related to transexual stuff are in Japan made video games a lot.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Crossdressing doesn't make one trans however.

Hell, it doesn't even really make one gay.

After all tomboys are technically cross dressing themselves.

For some reason that's less humorous to people than a man putting on a dress whether he's straight, gay, trans (in that case she), or a drag queen.

You don't really see much humor made in the ''This chick is dressing like a dude!"

D

Deleted member

Why are we suddenly arguing about the way crosdressing is seen in Japan?

After seeing ProJared's review of Chrono Trigger,im going to play the game once again and this time i plan to beat the game.

Any recommendations about any strategy i should use?
There aren't any strategies to use since you can just play in any way, but I recommend doing all the post-Blackbird sidequests
And use Frog
And Robo
Excluding these two should warrant you a death sentence

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

For some reason that's less humorous to people than a man putting on a dress whether he's straight, gay, trans (in that case she), or a drag queen.

You don't really see much humor made in the ''This chick is dressing like a dude!"
You do have a point there. Sorry, didn't mean any offence.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Eh, I don't really think women wearing shirts or trousers is seen as cross dressing. Womens clothing lines are much more diverse than mens are. Most items of clothing made for men are made for women too.

Khoru

Smash Champion
chrono trigger's great because all of the party members are useful
like they all have just the right set of abilities so that none of them suck

well maybe marle

Chrono.

well maybe marle
It also helps that the game is... pretty easy.

At least compared to other 16bit RPGs

D

Deleted member

This line of thought comes from back then when women were considered inferior
So a man dressing as a woman was seen as becoming weaker and the opposite was seen becoming stronger

well maybe marle
Ayla is a physical powerhouse
Frog has great physical and magical attacks and also has a desperate attack
Robo has balanced stats and pseudo-magic
Crono is Crono
Magus is the Mage
Marle has healing spells
But they ALL have healing spells

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Oh, I know where it comes from, doesn't make it one of the types of offensive humor I actually hate (and I'm one who thinks offensive humor definitely has a place in the comedy world as it's cathartic).

It's why I only really like Tootsie and Mrs. Doubtfire when it comes to ''This man cross-dresses to achieve something!" movies.

Most of them tend to portray the lead character as lesser because they became a woman to achieve their goal.

As for men's type clothing in women's clothing lines. Not what I was discussing at all, but rather a woman going to the man's section as tomboys and butch women will and buying actual men's clothing sizes and shirts and brands.

That is in technality cross dressing or dressing like another sex, but it really doesn't have a stigma, because like was said, we see men as being strong, so we think that woman is now also strong.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It also helps that the game is... pretty easy.

At least compared to other 16bit RPGs
I wouldn't say it's easy
It just has a balanced level curve
You can't just wind through the game mindlessly but it's not hard enough that you have to grind

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And then there's Chrono CROSS and it's bazzilion plus party members

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
And then there's Chrono CROSS and it's bazzilion plus party members
Don't knock the variety of a pink dog, a living scarecrow, a cook/chef, a Marilyn Manson type rockstar, a tiny alien, a mermaid, a little brat child knight, a mother who uses her ass as a weapon, and a bunny girl, etc.

Seriously, Chrono Cross literally pulled it's characters from a hat game. So many bizarre characters.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
inb4 @ Burb Burb feels offended about the size statement
Voice Chat isn't bad by itself, but considering Nintendo's quality with mics, it's worthless anyway
Not going to lie, I'm glad I at least get a feminine Link, 'No Linkle? Here's some dresses, who says the Hero of Time has to wear the same boring green skirt all the time?'
I'm a short, skinny, slightly effeminate man, so depicting me as a tiny bird isn't really a big leap. :p

I think Deathborn would be a good character to take Ganondorf's moveset so Ganondorf can have his own.
I usually see people propose this for Black Shadow rather than Deathborn.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
This line of thought comes from back then when women were considered inferior
So a man dressing as a woman was seen as becoming weaker and the opposite was seen becoming stronger

Ayla is a physical powerhouse
Frog has great physical and magical attacks and also has a desperate attack
Robo has balanced stats and pseudo-magic
Crono is Crono
Magus is the Mage
Marle has healing spells
But they ALL have healing spells
And Lucca has...?

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Let's start some actual heated discussion. Friendships will be ruined.

Who's the best girl in Monster Musume? The only acceptable answers are Rachnee, Cerea, or Suu. All the others are TRASH.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Who's the best girl in Monster Musume? The only acceptable answers are Rachnee, Cerea, or Suu. All the others are TRASH.
This is a trick question, as there are no good characters there.

D

Deleted member

You do know that for something to be the "best", it needs to be "good" in the first place
Monster Musume got nothing of that

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I have teased a few weeks ago that I was working on an article about Ganondorf in Smash Bros. for Source Gaming.

I've been working on it ever since I finished my article about clones. In fact, this was meant to be part of that article, but I decided to go more in-depth on the subject that it had to be spun-off.

I'm now announcing the article is nearly finished.

Starlight_Lily

>Chrono Cross

Seriously, CC has 99 problems and I ain't gonna be here all day listing them

I dunno
Glasses?
Fire?
I literally never used her more than until 2300 A.D.
I always ditch her and start using Robo

*Heavy breathing*
Hey you were listing the pros of every character, so I was just calling you on forgetting Lucca :p

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Chrono Cross has a bad rep. Is it the classic that Trigger is? No, but it's still pretty darn fun.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

All opinions on this that aren't it is terrible are invalided due to the show being a harem anime, comeback and try an actual taxing question next time :p

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Chrono Cross has a bad rep. Is it the classic that Trigger is? No, but it's still pretty darn fun.
But why did there have to be so many characters. And a fair amount of them are completely useless.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
But why did there have to be so many characters. And a fair amount of them are completely useless.
Variety and most of them are creative at least. If it was just stuff you'd typically see and there was no variety in the pack I'd get that complaining about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom