• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What got me about Cross was the story. It had Kojima levels of "you loved these old characters? Well **** you."

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
People you like don't always get the happiest best or preffered ending though.
I prefer it happen on screen and experience with them rather than a bus crash.

And the tone/message shift... from "you can fight fate and save them all" to "You are a horrible person for even attempting to make things different"

D

Deleted member

People you like don't always get the happiest best or preffered ending though.
It's not about a happ ending
It's about how they got their endings
The main trio presumably died in the war to protect Guardia
Saidvwar was caused by none other than joke boss Dalton
How and why he was able to defeat Guardia's army and them with whatever meanigless forces he had is never explained

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It's not about a happ ending
It's about how they got their endings
The main trio presumably died in the war to protect Guardia
Saidvwar was caused by none other than joke boss Dalton
How and why he was able to defeat Guardia's army and them with whatever meanigless forces he had is never explained
That's literally how I feel with every single Megaman series. Ironically, Battle Network is the only one with a proper conclusion, and it's the only one I haven't caught up with.
And no, I dont count the Zero series as concluded since ZX and Advent pretty much continue the same world and concept.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Eh, guys it's more respectable to put spoiler tags around any ending, especially one for RPGs.

D

Deleted member

Also
The fact literally the whole point of everything that was done in CT is pointless
Killing Lavos literally only made it stronger
It's not even a Zelda situation where you're saving the world from Ganon for some time
You're destroying Lavos so he doesn't **** everything up in the future
And what does killing it causes? Makes it stronger and make the end of the world come sooner

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
On a different subject than Crono. I feel bad for the normal people who use Bowser on the Miiverse stage.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
That's literally how I feel with every single Megaman series. Ironically, Battle Network is the only one with a proper conclusion, and it's the only one I haven't caught up with.
And no, I dont count the Zero series as concluded since ZX and Advent pretty much continue the same world and concept.
Problem is that most Megaman series aside from the classic is always the bad ending

X series just leads into the Elf Wars which triggers the Zero series

Zero dies after saving the world which leads into the ZX series which never got a conclusion. Then there's Legends.....

Everyone get ****ed at that that point. Now the classic series doesn't have a definite ending and that's fine because the ending is probably just Rock and Roll shutting down and Light finishing working on X before he dies.

Battle Network has a proper conclusion because it's the good future. Remember if Light never touched Robotics then the Megaman universe wouldn't be as screwed up as it is.

Normal Universe: Light dies alone achieving his project but ends up all for naught with the human race being extinct
BN/SF Universe: Light has a family which furthers his dream and his grandson(s) saves the world multiple times and takes the advancement of the web to new levels

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Nothing wrong with some change of pace and have downer endings where tragedy is prominent.

If all stories were happy and colorful and perfect, it would be stale and boring.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I love the way Crono and friends were handled in Cross tbh.

In the end, it was joke villain Dalton of all people who finished them off.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Problem is that most Megaman series aside from the classic is always the bad ending

Zero dies after saving the world which leads into the ZX series which never got a conclusion. Then there's Legends.....

Everyone get ****ed at that that point. Now the classic series doesn't have a definite ending and that's fine because the ending is probably just Rock and Roll shutting down and Light finishing working on X before he dies.

Battle Network has a proper conclusion because it's the good future. Remember if Light never touched Robotics then the Megaman universe wouldn't be as screwed up as it is.

Normal Universe: Light dies alone achieving his project but ends up all for naught with the human race being extinct
BN/SF Universe: Light has a family which furthers his dream and his grandson(s) saves the world multiple times and takes the advancement of the web to new levels
I thought Wily made Zero and he went crazy and killed everyone.Wasn't that in a flashback in like X4 or X5
Yeah that's i'm 98% sure that's a dead megaman body

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Yeah that's another issue entirely lmao. We know that Classic, X, Zero, ZX and Legends are all in the same time line and universe but we have no PROPER connection other than hints at what happened in the previous instance of the timeline. If I recall, doesn't ZX hint that Ciel may somehow still be alive? It's just a bit irksome that we don't have proper endings... I mean it's OBVIOUSLY because they didn't want to 'end' one of the series and stop making games for it, but still.
How Ironic that the story driven, deep RPGs are the ones that make the most sense connected. Lol

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I thought Wily made Zero and he went crazy and killed everyone.Wasn't that in a flashback in like X4 or X5
Yeah that's i'm 98% sure that's a dead megaman body
Actually nobody knows. It's fan theory since Capcom never hinted at that Zero was the one to kill Megaman and probably didn't.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Didn't Inafune debunk that himself outright saying Zero didn't kill Megaman?
He probably did. But fans try to say that he did fight Rock at some point but either was saved by Protoman or Zero didn't finish the job due to how he was unfinished when he was first released.

Now there was a theory that he did kill Bass but I do doubt it.

Huh i thought that was the case.I'm still going with that theory but it's probably unlikely
Nah, Capcom tries to avoid putting their mascot in a situations like that and was properly ignored.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
He probably did. But fans try to say that he did fight Rock at some point but either was saved by Protoman or Zero didn't finish the job due to how he was unfinished when he was first released.

Now there was a theory that he did kill Bass but I do doubt it.

Nah, Capcom tries to avoid putting their mascot in a situations like that and was properly ignored.
It's moreso now just headcannon.I mean i thought it was the case for such a long time that's it's hard for me to think other wise.I just have a hunch that Zero has meet Classic megaman,Protoman, and Bass atleast once.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
As far as I know, these are the only 100% confirmed/obvious connections between Classic and X:
*Light developed X, Wily Developed Zero
*Wily obviously didn't intend for Zero to become the do-gooder he ended up becoming =P
*Light put X in a capsule around the end of his life, feeling the world wasn't ready for him yet, not sure if Rock and Roll and the others were still functioning by then. Dr. Caine found X, perhaps prematurely, perhaps not
*Zero was also sealed in a capsule, likely by Wily himself, who knows.
*Zero and Classic Megaman likely met at least ONCE (Zero's flashback in X4's intro)
* Both Dr. Light and Wily SOMEHOW managed to mantain a form of semi-consiousness, Light through his many Capsules and Wily through other means (Zero's diolouge with Sigma in X5 pretty much confirms this, but we never see exactly how...)

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
As far as I know, these are the only 100% confirmed/obvious connections between Classic and X:
*Light developed X, Wily Developed Zero
*Wily obviously didn't intend for Zero to become the do-gooder he ended up becoming =P
*Light put X in a capsule around the end of his life, feeling the world wasn't ready for him yet, not sure if Rock and Roll and the others were still functioning by then. Dr. Caine found X, perhaps prematurely, perhaps not
*Zero was also sealed in a capsule, likely by Wily himself, who knows.
*Zero and Classic Megaman likely met at least ONCE (Zero's flashback in X4's intro)
* Both Dr. Light and Wily SOMEHOW managed to mantain a form of semi-consiousness, Light through his many Capsules and Wily through other means (Zero's diolouge with Sigma in X5 pretty much confirms this, but we never see exactly how...)
X was only supposed to be in the capsule for 30 years, ended up being there for 100 :p

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Hungrybox just got 3-0'd by a Game&Watch main using Oil Panic. Straight into losers.

That was hilarious.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To be honest, SMBZ to me is like Nazo Unleashed: It was that one thing I thought was awesome as a kid, but as I grew older its age began to show. It could also be the fact that good sprite animations are plentiful (Death Battle for example), so it slowly became there for me.

That said, I'd like to see where he takes it.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Hmm, I can get Warioland or Metroid 2 on the 3DS from Club Nintendo, and have 900 stars left over, but which one should I get? I'd have 200 left over, or shpuld I just bite the bullet and buy the 500 Wii point card so I can clear out all my wwii points that are on my wii shop channel?

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
To be honest, SMBZ to me is like Nazo Unleashed: It was that one thing I thought was awesome as a kid, but as I grew older its age began to show. It could also be the fact that good sprite animations are plentiful (Death Battle for example), so it slowly became there for me.

That said, I'd like to see where he takes it.
Well the animation quality seems to be getting a TREMENDOUS boost if that means anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom