• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Bomberman getting a game... on mobile phones. Not surprised. Konami only cares about mobile and pachinko machines now.

And I see @Neo Zero has a Shinoa avatar. Guess I'm not the only one who knows about Owari no Seraph here. :p (And Shinoa just happens to be one of my favorite characters in that series due to how much of a troll she is sometimes.)

I also have news for any fans of Kirby Right Back At Ya, someone has found the lost episodes, 86 and 88, and after seeing 88, I Iwas very surprised at how 4kids handled it.
4kids handling anime? Yeah, no thanks.

I'm not against dubbing (though I dislike live-action dubs), but censorship is another matter. Sure, I understand changing some elements to better suit the audience, but when they go full on culture censorship, it's just bad.

I remember watching anime as a kid where they clearly left all the Japanese elements in it and it didn't detract from my enjoyment. But when I watched Pokémon and they called onigiris "donuts", I was like "WTF that isn't a donut".

Well, in such cases, there's the better option of watching it in Japanese with subs. ;)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Bomberman is back

Yes it's a mobile game.
For a dying franchise, this looks like a blessing. I really hope that it can take off on mobiles.
(Something tells me this is Konami following Pokémon GO's example.)

I remember watching anime as a kid where they clearly left all the Japanese elements in it and it didn't detract from my enjoyment. But when I watched Pokémon and they called onigiris "donuts", I was like "WTF that isn't a donut".

Well, in such cases, there's the better option of watching it in Japanese with subs. ;)
Lol donut. IIRC most dubs translate Onigiris are 'Rice cakes' which makes some sense at least.

I've been hearing so much about Undertale, now I'm tempted to get it.
You should.
It has too many feels while being a critical commentary on RPGs.

:231:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Bomberman getting a game... on mobile phones. Not surprised. Konami only cares about mobile and pachinko machines now.

And I see @Neo Zero has a Shinoa avatar. Guess I'm not the only one who knows about Owari no Seraph here. :p (And Shinoa just happens to be one of my favorite characters in that series due to how much of a troll she is sometimes.)

4kids handling anime? Yeah, no thanks.

I'm not against dubbing (though I dislike live-action dubs), but censorship is another matter. Sure, I understand changing some elements to better suit the audience, but when they go full on culture censorship, it's just bad.

The Kirby dub had the awesome opening, Texas Dedede, Spanish Meta Knight and that awesome fanfare that played whenever Kirby got an ability. I was soooooo disappointed when I found out Japan didn't have the fanfare!
Bomberman is back

Yes it's a mobile game.
OH DEAR 'SPOLDY LAWDY HE'S NOT DEAD!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Kirby dub had the awesome opening, Texas Dedede, Spanish Meta Knight and that awesome fanfare that played whenever Kirby got an ability. I was soooooo disappointed when I found out Japan didn't have the fanfare!
The Italian Opening theme is very catchy too.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So what's going on here? Me, i have finish the 3 level of my TOME project. Now, there is only Bitshrum and Webmaster to do. But i need to draw how the level will look for this two.

Also is someone is interest. I can show you the ID of the 3 level i already made.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
So, I finally got myself a Wii U, which was bundled with Mario Kart 8, already have Wind Waker HD, and am planning on getting Super Mario Maker eventually.

What I need right now is one suggestion. Since I have college expenses and car payments to cover and need to save money, I'm only going to get one of these, so which would you strongly recommend the most?

- Splatoon
- Super Mario 3D World
- Pikmin 3
- Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
I recommend you to get Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.
It's my personal favorite of the bunch.

But since they all are very different, it really depends on what you prefer.
- Splatoon is a very fun online game that will take a lot of your time, if you want to get any further online. (Story is fun, though.)
- Pikmin 3 is a fun strategy game (like its prequels) and looks gorgeous, but is relatively short.
- I personally liked Super Mario 3D World a lot too, but I had some serious problems with the depth perception.
- But overall, I liked Tropical Freeze the most:
Beautiful look, outstanding music, amazing level design and its difficulty level is great in my opinion, challenging yet not too hard.
I also loved to search and collect all the Puzzle Pieces and Kong letters. Some people say it's not rewarding, but I liked to collect them for the sake of collecting.

But that's all just my opinion.

D

Deleted member

Out of boredom, a new update of my main chart :

The legendary most used trio
:4shulk:
:4zss::4robinm:

The often used
:4samus::4falcon::4mewtwo::4drmario::4falco::4feroy:
:4lucas::4lucario::4greninja::4darkpit::4miibrawl:

The medium used
:4mario::4dk::4yoshi::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4marth:
:4pit::4olimar::4villager::4littlemac::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4miisword:

The underused
:4kirby::4fox::4luigi::4ness:
:4peach::4bowser::4sheik::4gaw::4ganondorf:
:4metaknight::4wario::4myfriends::4diddy::4tlink::4sonic:
:rosalina::4lucina::4megaman::4pacman::4ryu::4miigun:

The 7 deadly never used
:4link::4zelda::4charizard::4dedede::4rob::4wiifit::4palutena:

Also yay to the standard time change in France. :tired:

Last edited by a moderator:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Bomberman is back

Yes it's a mobile game.
You know what, Im fine with this. It's a Bomberman game, and as long as its a regular game where you can play against others online, then I'm fine with it. They're obviously focusing on mobile games, but I could care less about that.

I also had a weird dream just a couple minutes ago. I don't know how (maybe through data mining or a patch), but inklings were found in Smash 4. They're moveset was a bit weird, but it looked alright. I guess through another update as well, but Delfino Plaza was part of an update for Splatoon as a new stage. I checked this site after finding it out, and the site just crashed upon checking.

I don't know if the news drought is getting to me or not, but dreams like that annoy me. :c

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why decide between Pirates and Ninjas when ypu can have both?

Hey, I got an Idea for me to pass the time in the rain, what's your favorite and least favorite Pokemon Generations

My favorites are Gen 3 & 5
Least Favorite is 4
This is not going to end well
But who cares?
Favorite is Gen 5 and 6
Least favorite is Gen 1 and 4

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
It's a habit from another mod that rubbed off on him iirc
Oooh.

Because wynaut.
I picked the habit from @Camalange. So original of me. :p Others seemed to like it, so I kept it.

As to why Phanpy and not some other Pokémon, I like elephants. :3

Oohhhhh.

That is kinda cute actually. XD Elephants are awesome as well. I once had a habit of ending my posts with a ~. Like this~

But someone got mad at me for it so I stopped.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
If 1 guy gets mad yet no else does, he can go **** himself, your posts, you do what you want as long as it's okay with the rules!
Thank you. And while that is true (it wasn't against any rules), I just have a hard time with conflict. It's so hard to not have people get mad at you on the internet. D: I never know how to properly handle arguments.

But it's no matter, I try to keep myself on nicer forums. :3 Thank you, Anna.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
My thing about this new Tennis game is that Camelot has made very refined games before with a pretty good amount of polish. Toadstool Tour and Power Tennis are great games. I don't think it's acceptable that Ultra looks like it's going to have the same amount of content (if not less) than a game that came out 10 years ago, plus a lack of good online play.

Every spinoff sans Smash and Kart seem to have taken a nosedive in quality.
Mario Golf: World Tour has the quality and polish of Toadstool Tour and Mario Golf 64, and it came out last year.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Thank you. And while that is true (it wasn't against any rules), I just have a hard time with conflict. It's so hard to not have people get mad at you on the internet. D: I never know how to properly handle arguments.

But it's no matter, I try to keep myself on nicer forums. :3 Thank you, Anna.
Remember, you can ask others, including mods and staff or other regular peeps to help

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Remember, you can ask others, including mods and staff or other regular peeps to help
That is also true, but at that time, I found it kinda scary going to Mods and such with problems like that. I am terribly at any kind of social thing. D: But I am improving, at least! I am almost not totally useless now. XD

If a someone here, like that there evil Falkoopa or so, bullies me, can I count on you to beat him up for me, Anna? :3

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The main issue with playing Triforce Heroes online is that it doubles the amount of time it takes to finish the missions. I've been 100% each area, one by one and I just spent over an hour just trying to get people to play this last mission I needed. The most frustrating part is that I'm actually missing a material so I'll need to actually play that level again.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That is also true, but at that time, I found it kinda scary going to Mods and such with problems like that. I am terribly at any kind of social thing. D: But I am improving, at least! I am almost not totally useless now. XD

If a someone here, like that there evil Falkoopa or so, bullies me, can I count on you to beat him up for me, Anna? :3
It'll cost you 5 billion, minus injury costs and 50 bucks extra to get the based Neo Zero to bring his almighty Ban Hammer

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
It'll cost you 5 billion, minus injury costs and 50 bucks extra to get the based Neo Zero to bring his almighty Ban Hammer
Whoa. That is a costy Ban Hammer. How much for the Ban Spoon? That'll do. :3

Also, random, but this is a Swedish site I often buy things like Amiibo from. And this one has a listing and release for the Squid Amiibo. Did we know this? Or have I missed this guy being seperate soon? https://www.spelbutiken.se/produkt/...ne-inkling-squid/AB47TG?utm_source=salestring

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Also, random, but this is a Swedish site I often buy things like Amiibo from. And this one has a listing and release for the Squid Amiibo. Did we know this? Or have I missed this guy being seperate soon? https://www.spelbutiken.se/produkt/...ne-inkling-squid/AB47TG?utm_source=salestring
The ban Spoon is triple, as it needs more effort put into it

I thought the squid amiibo was already out. I hear that Switzerland and Sweden are great with amiibo actually. Nothing beats the ROB amiibo. So cute!♥

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Weird, it's not separate in the Swedish store I buy things from.

I thought the squid amiibo was already out. I hear that Switzerland and Sweden are great with amiibo actually. Nothing beats the ROB amiibo. So cute!♥
Can confirm, I always get the amiibos that I preorder very easily.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master

what have I done...

I see you there. Taunting me with that Phanpy all the time. And I didn't even know Phanpy could learn Taunt!

Really? Well, many Swedish stores are pretty slow at putting these things up, I think. I totally missed this one being seperate, so I am clueless, haha. XD

I have no trouble getting any Amiibo here nowdays, that is true. XD But this is the only site I found the Squid on. I was surprised. XD

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You abused the power of cute little nellyphants. Unforgivable!

what have I done...

Can confirm, I always get the amiibos that I preorder very easily.
In that case I need to get a Falco amiibo for a good friend. Don't really know any other amiibo that are as good as ROB
I see you there. Taunting me with that Phanpy all the time. And I didn't even know Phanpy could learn Taunt!

Really? Well, many Swedish stores are pretty slow at putting these things up, I think. I totally missed this one being seperate, so I am clueless, haha. XD

I have no trouble getting any Amiibo here nowdays, that is true. XD But this is the only site I found the Squid on. I was surprised. XD
Then use the Squid's power!

Damn, Ghost just pulled an asspull 'Remember the noncanon sneakpreview last season? It's canon now and you got the Newton toy!'

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Hey guys, how's it going? I haven't posted much here in a while!
Surely this week is announcement week.

Surely.
I expect nothing, lol.

I'll take a crack at this:

The often used

The medium used
:4pit::4olimar::4villager::4littlemac::4bowserjr::4duckhunt:

The underused
:4sheik::4gaw::4ganondorf:
:rosalina::4lucina::4megaman::4pacman::4ryu::4miisword::4miigun:

The 7 deadly never used

I don't use anyone else: :4myfriends:
Have more wins with ^ than plays with my secondary: :4palutena:

Sometimes I play:
:4falco::4lucina::4lucas:

Used to play some:
:4megaman::4bowserjr::4pit::4wiifit:

Need to play more of:
:4zss::4shulk:

Don't use (everyone):
:4bowser::4charizard::4diddy::4dk::4fox::4greninja::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4olimar::4peach::4pikachu::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4tlink::4villager::4yoshi::4zelda::4pacman::4robinm::4metaknight::4darkpit::4drmario::4duckhunt::4ganondorf::4gaw::4jigglypuff::4ness::4wario::4mewtwo::4feroy::4ryu::4sonic::4falcon::4rob:

These exist? lol:
:4mii::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:

Also, I hate everything about:
:4dedede:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Surely this week is announcement week.

Surely.
Honestly, it's somewhat refreshing that we're back to guessing and mindless speculation after weeks of hanging on the word of the "TOP SEKRIT NINTENDO INSIDE SORCES!!111" every random schmo seems to have nowadays.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

The often used

The medium used
:4pit::4olimar::4villager::4littlemac::4bowserjr::4duckhunt:

The underused
:4sheik::4gaw::4ganondorf:
:rosalina::4lucina::4megaman::4pacman::4ryu::4miisword::4miigun:

The 7 deadly never used

I guess I'll say mine then.
:4mario::4ryu::4drmario::4miibrawl:

:4mewtwo::4kirby::4feroy::4lucina::4marth::4luigi::4wiifit::4falcon::4ganondorf:

:4megaman::4pacman::4sonic::4charizard::4bowser::4myfriends::4littlemac::4samus::4yoshi::4metaknight::4duckhunt:

:4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4fox::4greninja::4olimar::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::rosalina::4sheik::4tlink::4villager::4zelda::4zss::4palutena::4robinm::4shulk::4bowserjr::4darkpit::4falco::4gaw::4jigglypuff::4miigun::4miisword::4ness::4rob::4lucas:

>Implying you can hate anything about perfection
gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8
upload_2015-10-25_10-3-59.png
:troll:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So the character support threads are closing down. I wonder if anything changed or if things just got tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom