• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Well, they are support threads, and the ballot ended quite some time ago... I guess I can understand. It was going to happen eventually.

Still sucks, though.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Well, they are support threads, and the ballot ended quite some time ago... I guess I can understand. It was going to happen eventually.

Still sucks, though.
Yeah, wish they stayed up till the last DLC wave or something. Well, guess we'll run out of things to talk about since that's a real long time.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so im catching up on yokai watch episodes....mosquito teminator is a thing isnt it

also it makes sense the support threads are being closed...because unlike a leaks thread support for smash 4 has an experation date

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Would it be cool if we have Halloween themed costumes for the Mii Fighters at the end of this month? That would be awesome.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Hey, I got an Idea for me to pass the time in the rain, what's your favorite and least favorite Pokemon Generations

My favorites are Gen 3 & 5
Least Favorite is 4

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
My headcanon for the Mii fighters is that they're the only characters that know that they themselves existed as a toy. Sure other characters know that they're throphies too, but they do not know anything truly about how they exist, that they're controlled by a Kid's imagination, and (Again) are just toys instead of Human (Or Creature) Beings. The Mii fighters know all of that because they are based on every being, they explore certain parts to know about it. They also copy the characters moves because they want to Idolize their favorite characters and combine them in their fighting skills. R.O.B is the only other character that knows this too because he himself is not a character since he is a Robot created by Nintendo.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
With how bare bones Mario Tennis is looking, at least Nintendo isn't asking full price for it.
The roster is a little disappointing.

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Toad, Toadette, Wario, Waluigi, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Dry Bowser, Boo, and Sprixie Princess. That's it? I almost expected the roster to be almost as big as Mario Kart 8.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Favorite Pokémon generations are 2 (particularly HGSS) and 6, the former for its breadth and perfect amount of post-game, and the latter for its mechanics and various / new Pokémon. My least favorite is 4, and 3 to a lesser extent, largely on account of the regions itself being tedious to play through. Too many areas with forced encounters for my liking. I'd definitely give Sinnoh another shot were it to be remade, but I don't think I'll get the urge to play it again otherwise.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
ya know i have to admit its a bit weird that ever mario tennis console game has 20 characters after transfer content
and we have 16 characters atm....were getting 4 dlc characters arnt we

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My headcanon for the Mii fighters is that they're the only characters that know that they themselves existed as a toy. Sure other characters know that they're throphies too, but they do not know anything truly about how they exist, that they're controlled by a Kid's imagination, and (Again) are just toys instead of Human (Or Creature) Beings. The Mii fighters know all of that because they are based on every being, they explore certain parts to know about it. They also copy the characters moves because they want to Idolize their favorite characters and combine them in their fighting skills. R.O.B is the only other character that knows this too because he himself is not a character since he is a Robot created by Nintendo.
So basically everyone but the Miis and R.O.B. are like Buzz Lightyear in the first half of Toy Story?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hey, I got an Idea for me to pass the time in the rain, what's your favorite and least favorite Pokemon Generations

Least Favorite is 4
I have a strong love for all generations so even my least favorite is still fantastic IMO, but if I had to pick...I'd probably go with 5th gen for favorite, at least the way I'm feeling right now. Completely based on single-player non-competitive playing because that's what I do most with Pokemon. 5th gen just felt like it had a lot of depth, I love the region, and I love probably the largest proportion of fifth gen Pokemon of any gen.

Honorable mention to fourth because I strongly disliked it for years but after revisiting it recently I found that I have a lot of love for the atmosphere of the game and the soundtrack, and the contrast between hating it strongly and loving it now leaves me feeling really positive about it. Also to sixth gen which has mechanics nailed down for a really complete single-player experience IMO.

Least favorite, if I had to pick one, is probably 2nd. For one because I probably care least for the Pokemon introduced in 2nd gen. Probably my biggest complaint, though, is that it's probably the grindiest Pokemon title due to how underleveled wild Pokemon are, especially in Kanto. When I played through both 2nd gen and the 2nd gen remakes last year I ended up beating Red with really underleveled Pokemon and relying on luck and potion stalling to beat him in both because I just did not have the energy to do the grinding required, and that's kind of a frustrating game experience to have. (Admittedly I felt very accomplished beating him after a very lucky miss right at the end in Crystal and through his Lapras struggling itself to death in HG, but I could've gone without the rest of the battles lol.)

Soul.

Least Favorite is 4
Don't really hate them all; the one I like the most is Gen 4 so I guess that's my favorite.
Though Gen 3 and 6 are a bit lacking imo

Least Favorite is 4
(assuming by gen we mean gen 3=hoenn and not includng spin-offs remakes)
Favorite: 5 by a longshot. Only pokemon game i played and never stopped halfway. Like pretty much everything.

Least favorite: 4. i like so few things about this game . . .Mt coronet is obnoxious and Most of the gyms/gym leaders are super forgettable. Don't like most of the new pokemon or returning pokemon either. The legenderies were spot on though. Probably the best gen for legenderies ever. Luxray was cool too

SFV character themes were found in the beta
"Minus Rashid and R mika"
Missing the two characters im most hyped for. WELP

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Well, it was fun while it lasted at least.
Speak for yourselves. For us staff, this IS the fun part :happysheep:

Any of you guys have TFH btw? I'm already sick of randumbs who have apparently never played a video game in their life.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Speak for yourselves. For us staff, this IS the fun part :happysheep:

Any of you guys have TFH btw? I'm already sick of randumbs who have apparently never played a video game in their life.
I'd be willing to go with ya. So far I've had good luck with random folk, but regardless.
I'll get yer code in when you give me it, mine is 4468 0967 0674.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

I'd be willing to go with ya. So far I've had good luck with random folk, but regardless.
I'll get yer code in.
Not gonna be tonight but I'll add you when I hop on next. Had someone cost Dabuz and I the Ice Temple boss 3 times badly.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Not gonna be tonight but I'll add you when I hop on next. Had someone cost Dabuz and I the Ice Temple boss 3 times badly.
He's a pain the first time around, but once you realize the 2 hammer users can stun lock him for a little bit he gets a lot easier. Beginners trap at its finesr. And if you use the Hammer Bro suit like I do now, he's pathetic =P Some random folk I was with went through every single Challenge for the Ice Temple with me, got them all on our first go. We were surprisingly well synchronized. =P

But yeh, whenever you're up to it. I should be free all of tomorrow evening.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

He's a pain the first time around, but once you realize the 2 hammer users can stun lock him for a little bit he gets a lot easier. Beginners trap at its finesr. And if you use the Hammer Bro suit like I do now, he's pathetic =P Some random folk I was with went through every single Challenge for the Ice Temple with me, got them all on our first go. We were surprisingly well synchronized. =P

But yeh, whenever you're up to it. I should be free all of tomorrow evening.
We did actually....our Fire Glove user kept running into the tail while Dabuz tried to do DPS on the head .-.

Chrono.

Bomberman gameplay works well for a mobile phone game

no problem with that
That's what I was thinking, I've never played any of the games but seeing a couple gameplay caps makes me think that it'd be the type of series to be on mobile nowadays.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
My thing about this new Tennis game is that Camelot has made very refined games before with a pretty good amount of polish. Toadstool Tour and Power Tennis are great games. I don't think it's acceptable that Ultra looks like it's going to have the same amount of content (if not less) than a game that came out 10 years ago, plus a lack of good online play.

Every spinoff sans Smash and Kart seem to have taken a nosedive in quality.
Not Mario Strikers.
As for the other spinoffs I can't really say since I haven't touched any of them.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Damn Callie, slow down lol :079:
E for everyone, the game is E10 Marie. Well what new memes will sprout from this?:smirk:
Now what are you gonna choose?
Pirates? (aka One Piece)
or Ninjas? (aka Naruto)
I'm going with pirates. I'm associated with Space pirates, both Wolf and Space dragon.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
It's a sad state of affairs where people are talking about a Mario Tennis game like it was something much more than... a Mario Tennis game. Remember when discussion about the 3DS Tennis game took up pages upon pages? No, neither do I.

It's not even going to be a good game. It doesn't even look like a good game. It's barebones tennis with a slapdash coat of Mario thrown onto it. Since when did you all care so much about tennis?

And I'm not saying you all should stop paying attention to or start ****ting on this fluffy rushed flller fluff that is this tennis game (it's gonna need all the attention it can get) just... that's what a Q4 of this (lack of) caliber will do to people I suppose. *sigh*

I guess the solace we can take is that Star Fox will be better for it. And also that the NX will have a killer launch/launch-window lineup when it releases next year (fight me doubters).
Not to be rude, but a lot of Mario fans do enjoy the Mario sports spin-offs, so us discussing Mario Tennis Ultra Smash shouldn't be that surprising, we'd still be talking about if we had other games to talk about, also do remember the sports games are 1 of the reasons Waluigi and Daisy are heavily requested characters, so not to surprising we're talking about Mario sports games now is it.

Bomberman is back

Yes it's a mobile game.
I don't know how to feel about this ._.

Also with Konami probably being the ones to make this, why do I feel like it will have micro transactions in the stupidest of places...

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Not to be rude, but a lot of Mario fans do enjoy the Mario sports spin-offs, so us discussing Mario Tennis Ultra Smash shouldn't be that surprising, we'd still be talking about if we had other games to talk about, also do remember the sports games are 1 of the reasons Waluigi and Daisy are heavily requested characters, so not to surprising we're talking about Mario sports games now is it.

I don't know how to feel about this ._.

Also with Konami probably being the ones to make this, why do I feel like it will have micro transactions in the stupidest of places...
Waluigi is the star of Mario Tennis, he's the anti Luigi, he's hilarious. I just hope ultra smash has cut scenes with 100% more Wario and Waluigi, because the movie with them in power tennis was hilarious, Take this Mr. Eyeballs! Also anyone remember that game where you had to clip his toenails?
I also have news for any fans of Kirby Right Back At Ya, someone has found the lost episodes, 86 and 88, and after seeing 88, I Iwas very surprised at how 4kids handled it.
I'd love a new entry in the Mario Superstar Baseball series. It made baseball way more exciting :b:

Yeah we are due for a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom