• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Toonami's airing Parasyte right now, which has been pretty great so far. Probably because it's based on a manga written 20 years ago.

On the darker side, it's also airing Akame ga Kill, which is The Room of anime.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's a sad state of affairs where people are talking about a Mario Tennis game like it was something much more than... a Mario Tennis game. Remember when discussion about the 3DS Tennis game took up pages upon pages? No, neither do I.

It's not even going to be a good game. It doesn't even look like a good game. It's barebones tennis with a slapdash coat of Mario thrown onto it. Since when did you all care so much about tennis?

And I'm not saying you all should stop paying attention to or start ****ting on this fluffy rushed flller fluff that is this tennis game (it's gonna need all the attention it can get) just... that's what a Q4 of this (lack of) caliber will do to people I suppose. *sigh*

I guess the solace we can take is that Star Fox will be better for it. And also that the NX will have a killer launch/launch-window lineup when it releases next year (fight me doubters).

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Probs something like this

You know what? A mod should lock this thread. 'Cause we're never going to top this. This, this is the tip of the iceberg.

There's no where left to go. We've reached the pinnacle of the NintenZone Social Thread.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
It's a sad state of affairs where people are talking about a Mario Tennis game like it was something much more than... a Mario Tennis game. Remember when discussion about the 3DS Tennis game took up pages upon pages? No, neither do I.

It's not even going to be a good game. It doesn't even look like a good game. It's barebones tennis with a slapdash coat of Mario thrown onto it. Since when did you all care so much about tennis?

And I'm not saying you all should stop paying attention to or start ****ting on this fluffy rushed flller fluff that is this tennis game (it's gonna need all the attention it can get) just... that's what a Q4 of this (lack of) caliber will do to people I suppose. *sigh*

I guess the solace we can take is that Star Fox will be better for it. And also that the NX will have a killer launch/launch-window lineup when it releases next year (fight me doubters).

I'm a huge fan of Camelot sport titles, and I take Mario Golf and Tennis far more seriously then I should. Toadstool Tour is one of my favorite Gamecube games, actually.

I agree and also find the discussions weird: it shows me that there is such a drought for the Wii U holiday line-up that a game like Mario Tennis can take over the discussion.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I don't believe I'd heard of this one. How bad is it?
It and it's equally awful manga counterpart basically are riding on the edgelordium train. It's full of shock value (that's never shocking) with the added twist of being a whacky harem series too.

It's everything I hate about modern anime rolled into a mess that lacks any tone or pacing or plot or character development or anything that makes a quality show.

kylexv

Smash Master
Welp. This sucks.
More evidence for the game being rushed I presume.
*Insert wave of denial here*

Also, this is what it says on the official site on the matter:
"Team up with a friend or even your amiibo™ figure against opponents in doubles."
Note that this is under the "Meet your match online" section of the website.
So if this is true, not only will this suck, but it will be false advertising as well.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
My thing about this new Tennis game is that Camelot has made very refined games before with a pretty good amount of polish. Toadstool Tour and Power Tennis are great games. I don't think it's acceptable that Ultra looks like it's going to have the same amount of content (if not less) than a game that came out 10 years ago, plus a lack of good online play.

Every spinoff sans Smash and Kart seem to have taken a nosedive in quality.

Last edited:

Tama

Smash Apprentice

"Team up with a friend or even your amiibo™ figure against opponents in doubles."
So if this is true, not only will this suck, but it will be false advertising as well.
You might be able to have a local partner for doubles games while you matchmake, but in the current final build of the game that is in certain people's hands right now, you cannot play with friends over the net at all. There is no support for friends lobbies, communities; none of that. It's just strangers.

The game is also totally barebones in its offline modes too, apparently. It seems as though it was really made on a budget.

Last edited:

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
So, I finally got myself a Wii U, which was bundled with Mario Kart 8, already have Wind Waker HD, and am planning on getting Super Mario Maker eventually.

What I need right now is one suggestion. Since I have college expenses and car payments to cover and need to save money, I'm only going to get one of these, so which would you strongly recommend the most?

- Splatoon
- Super Mario 3D World
- Pikmin 3
- Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
For fans of Splatoon, things might have just gotten a little interesting.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Tama

Smash Apprentice
So, I finally got myself a Wii U, which was bundled with Mario Kart 8, already have Wind Waker HD, and am planning on getting Super Mario Maker eventually.

What I need right now is one suggestion. Since I have college expenses and car payments to cover and need to save money, I'm only going to get one of these, so which would would you strongly recommend the most?

- Splatoon
- Super Mario 3D World
- Pikmin 3
None of them. Get The Wonderful 101, or Bayonetta 2 instead.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

What I need right now is one suggestion. Since I have college expenses and car payments to cover and need to save money, I'm only going to get one of these, so which would you strongly recommend the most?

- Splatoon
- Super Mario 3D World
- Pikmin 3
I would suggest Super Mario 3D World if your into mostly single player experiences. The game is well polished and the gameplay is phenomenal. Might not live up to the standards of Super Mario 64, but the atmosphere is so great it's probably worth picking it up. I highly recommend it.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

- Splatoon
- Super Mario 3D World
- Pikmin 3
Smash isn't an option?

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero

Considering Tri Force Heroes claims you can play with friends around the world but you're actually region-locked... not all that surprised.
You might be able to have a local partner for doubles games while you matchmake, but in the current final build of the game that is in certain people's hands right now, you cannot play with friends over the net at all. There is no support for friends lobbies, communities; none of that. It's just strangers.

The game is also totally barebones in its offline modes too, apparently. It seems as though it was really made on a budget.
Pretty interested in where you got this info from though. I mean I wouldn't be that surprised at this point but it'd be nice to see proof or something that the game is that watered down. Or is this just stuff you were told about?

Either way, I'm iffy on doing any online stuff with Nintendo anymore honestly. They've been handling it pretty poorly. Even Splatoon's online needs a LOT of work.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
My thing about this new Tennis game is that Camelot has made very refined games before with a pretty good amount of polish. Toadstool Tour and Power Tennis are great games. I don't think it's acceptable that Ultra looks like it's going to have the same amount of content (if not less) than a game that came out 10 years ago, plus a lack of good online play.

Every spinoff sans Smash and Kart seem to have taken a nosedive in quality.
Mario Golf: World Tour is pretty decent from what I've seen.
But yeah, I agree. Mario Party for some reason has no online, Tennis is suffering from a small roster, and there's no other sports games in sight other than Tennis and Golf.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Smash isn't an option?
I already spent money on 3DS-exclusive DLC because I didn't think I was going to get a Wii U, and I have no interest in spending any more money on something I already have on the 3DS. Not to mention I don't want to unlock everything all over again.

Granted, the Wii U does have several advantages over the 3DS version (music, stages, controllers, wider screen, etc.), but I just don't want to wear myself out with re-buying the bonus content, unlocking all the characters, and replaying the Classic/All-Star modes with everybody. It's not difficult, it's just tediously time-consuming. I need a new experience.

None of them. Get The Wonderful 101, or Bayonetta 2 instead.
I already knew those two would've easily been the most recommended, so I wanted to give some other games a chance. But I'll add them to my Christmas shopping list.

Last edited:

Tama

Smash Apprentice
Considering Tri Force Heroes claims you can play with friends around the world but you're actually region-locked... not all that surprised.

Pretty interested in where you got this info from though. I mean I wouldn't be that surprised at this point but it'd be nice to see proof or something that the game is that watered down. Or is this just stuff you were told about?

Either way, I'm iffy on doing any online stuff with Nintendo anymore honestly. They've been handling it pretty poorly. Even Splatoon's online needs a LOT of work.
I know people who have the game. You can either take my word for it, or just wait for them to tell you themselves in the previews, which come out pretty soon.

- Splatoon
- Super Mario 3D World
- Pikmin 3
1. Wonderful 101
2. pikmin 3
3. DK tropical Freeze.

All are great games but those 3 are the ones I would recommend most. Even if one isn't on the list.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
My headcanon for Duck Hunt in Smash Lore is that Duck Hunt was never truly in Smash but was in there because a Kid hacked him with the duck into the game, and hack some things in it (Like shooting at the characters with a Zapper, and Programing Wild Gunman in the Dog). This also might explain why the Dogs tail was shaped like polygons. The hack became World Wide soo much (For an Unknown reason) that people did not realize Duck Hunt was a Hacked character.

Last edited:
My headcanon for Duck Hunt in Smash Lore is that Duck Hunt was never truly in Smash but was in there because a Kid hacked him with the duck into the game, and hack some things in it (Like shooting at the characters with a Zapper, and Programing Wild Gunman in the Dog). This also might explain why the Dogs tail was shaped like polygons. The hack became World Wide soo much (For an Unknown reason) that people did not realize Duck Hunt was a Hacked character.
Aren't character supposed to be trophies?

It would be more like someone made there own little stand and people just rolled with it wouldn't it?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
im just going to guess the preview builds are incomplete for mario tennis because it seems odd that in this trailer
at this time stamp they show 2 gamepads implying playing with friends online hence the phrase "play online together"

Chrono.

im just going to guess the preview builds are incomplete for mario tennis because it seems odd that in this trailer
at this time stamp they show 2 gamepads implying playing with friends online hence the phrase "play online together"
Maybe they're talking about the randoms.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I'll have what this guy's having.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Spam Warning: Meme Posts
>playing Monopoly
>tfw Lost all my money

Someone save me.

image.jpg