• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I did. I only had to beat the game twice.
Okiedokes. Yeah but there are certain other things that happen through other playthroughs as well. But you should be safe once it's actually "beaten" so go for it. There's so much amazing stuff out there. <3

Edit: Side Note, I loooove Tri Force Heroes but twice today I got partnered up with people who didn't know how to play a Zelda game and it got ugly. <w>;

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Here are the covers of the Zelda manga I'm talking about (volumes 1-4)
The art SCREAMS Dragon Ball Z but Akira Toriyama wasn't involved.

Chrono.

Classic Link looks eerily "manly" in this artstyle lol.

It's mostly the eyes I think.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
tfw the younger Blue-Link kinda looks like the Wii U's rendition of Link.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Just hope JoJo part 4 is better than part 3. Part 3 felt way too slow and bloated for me. And sometimes it felt more like Polnareff's Bizarre Adventure.

Chrono.

Just hope JoJo part 4 is better than part 3. Part 3 felt way too slow and bloated for me. And sometimes it felt more like Polnareff's Bizarre Adventure.
Yeah this, I actually dropped Part 3 and picked it up back around the final battle just cause it felt so slow to me.

The final stretch was good but the journey? Not so much.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
@CyberHyperPhoenix I totally answer your question on the podcast, btw.

Also, noticed that the audio sync is off starting about halfway through. It results in dead air and people talking over each other as a result. #LearningProcess

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So... you wish you could afford to fly to Europe... just get a free figure that would cost you $13 anyway...? :p

have you beaten the game? Have you really?
did you beat it multiple times to get the true ending? Cuz if not you're gonna get major spoilers looking at fanart and secrets and stuff haha
Well, like, I'd do other things too, of course. I've never been to Europe. :p

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Which type of fighting game character do you want in Smash besides Grapplers?
(Example: Motion, Vortex, Command)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'll give Part 3 this, it had least has interesting ideas, but it does suffer from the problems that a lot of whole Monster A Day formats have (mainly a lack of giving the villains a lot of depth). And I'd be lying if I said Polnareff didn't feel punchable at times.

Already watched the final Genocide battle.

This is why Sans is one of the greatest:
GET DUNKKKKKKED OONNNN!!!!!!!!
One does not simply watch Genocide battles. They are to be experienced. and endured. and won. The first challenge of Genocide is my favorite part of the whole game and the last one is one of my favorite battles of all time. It would be dissapointing to not say you never beat the super boss.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Judging by the art style, that ought to be from the late 80's or early 90's. And yeah, it's very similar to Toriyama's art style.

Then again, a lot of manga (especially shounen) from that time period had similar art styles.

Likewise, there's also a ton of art styles that look similarly to one another in manga currently being serialized. Of course, there will always be some artists that stand out from the majority.

Overall, the art of Japanese media (anime, manga, video games) has evolved. It's interesting to compare modern designs with older ones. This applies a lot to some of Nintendo's series, especially Pokémon and Fire Emblem. Look at character art work from the earlier games and at the art of the more recent games.

The older Pokémon art works are also very reminiscent of Dragon Ball, but the current art style is more in line with newer anime and manga.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was about to say
"Toriyma made a Zelda manga and no one told me?"
When I saw this :p

Serpdrako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Imperfect_Scars
3DS FC
3136-6642-7063
I am interested in Undertale and don't want to be spoiled. Naturally I greatly appreciate these spoiler tags. Thank you.

D

Deleted member

I prefer the older Pokemon artwork. It's better shaded and has more character. Sugimori improved his linework as time went on, but his coloring and personalization of designs went down as things went further on imo.

Mewtwo looks so awesome in the original style.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I made a Mario Maker level!

It's short and I mainly made it while waiting for more unlocks so I can finish my Gyromite/Stack Up Level.

But here try it out!

E0CE-0000-00BE-693C

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I prefer the older Pokemon artwork. It's better shaded and has more character. Sugimori improved his linework as time went on, but his coloring and personalization of designs went down as things went further on imo.

Mewtwo looks so awesome in the original style.

If I remember correctly, the reason the design changes occurred was because in Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal, Sugimori drew the Pokemon as if they were illustrations in a field guide, but due to wanting to show off the "Advanced Generation" of the games, went with a more colorful, faithful-to-sprite depiction.

Or something like that.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I made a Mario Maker level!

It's short and I mainly made it while waiting for more unlocks so I can finish my Gyromite/Stack Up Level.

But here try it out!

E0CE-0000-00BE-693C
I think I broke your level by killing every plant on the ground with a shell...

D

Deleted member

If I remember correctly, the reason the design changes occurred was because in Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal, Sugimori drew the Pokemon as if they were illustrations in a field guide, but due to wanting to show off the "Advanced Generation" of the games, went with a more colorful, faithful-to-sprite depiction.

Or something like that.
It's odd because Pokemon got less colorful with the GBA artwork, and some of the redesigns. Like the initial 3 starters, Charmander in particular being less primary and more of a faded out type of color.

Also, another odd thing about that is here's Flareon's artwork from Gen III.

Here's his sprite from Gen III.

Here's his sprite from Gen IV and further.

His Gen III sprite is that of the old style of coloring with the yellow coat. Whereas his Gen IV sprite finally uses the Gen III artwork colors.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Devil's Third got a different boxart for the American release

http://nintendoeverything.com/north-american-devils-third-boxart/
I noticed.
I dont like it.
That said I understand the change.
Muricans as a whole love their anger and asplosions (looks at Kirby covers)

I never watched Samurai Jack sadly. Not to mention I didn't like Him for some reason Don't like him to this day
Go to your room.

Nah. Haven't finished Teen Titans yet either
Go to someone else's house, claim a room for your own, and then go to your room.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Or something like that.
...still doesn't explain why Fat Pikachu is gone.

RIP fat Pikachu
Inb4 "Slim Pikachu is cuter though" he's not though :'(
At least there's that new plush

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Quick Update on Game & Watch;
upload_2015-10-24_19-31-11.png

Octopus Final Smash
SSB4 Pose - SSB3DS Alt. Trophy Pose - SSBU Alt. Trophy Pose - amiibo Bell - amiibo 9 - amiibo Fire
SM4SH 1 through 8 - Project M Pink - Project M Purple - GAME & WATCH Game & Watch - Smash Charge - Dodge - Starman 1 - Starman 2 - Curry/Fire/Other Things
Lots of progress done today. :4gaw:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Go to your room.
Go to someone else's house, claim a room for your own, and then go to your room.
Nou ur nawt mah reel mahm

RIP fat Pikachu
Simple! After travelling across the land, searching far and wide, our pleasantly plump Pika pal lost some pounds

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
So apparently there was this show in 2000 called The Brothers Flub.
What the hell. As far as obscure Nick shows go, I remember Pelswick, Butt Ugly Martians, and Yakkity Yak, but not this.

----

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So apparently there was this show in 2000 called The Brothers Flub.
What the hell. As far as obscure Nick shows go, I remember Pelswick, Butt Ugly Martians, and Yakkity Yak, but not this.

----
That's weird to me too. I knew those other three as well, but not The Brothers Flub. Was it like, forcibly erased from the public consciousness?

D

Deleted member

RIP fat Pikachu
Inb4 "Slim Pikachu is fat shaming ~Tumblr"
Quick Update on Game & Watch;
View attachment 79778
Octopus Final Smash
SSB4 Pose - SSB3DS Alt. Trophy Pose - SSBU Alt. Trophy Pose - amiibo Bell - amiibo 9 - amiibo Fire
SM4SH 1 through 8 - Project M Pink - Project M Purple - GAME & WATCH Game & Watch - Smash Charge - Dodge - Starman 1 - Starman 2 - Curry/Fire/Other Things
Lots of progress done today. :4gaw:
May I ask what these are for?
Is it just some art or something else?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think I broke your level by killing every plant on the ground with a shell...
I noticed that. But landing perfectly there is pretty tricky in it self.

Plus well uh...

I made it for ****s and giggles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom