• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I wouldn't be far to surprised if there's not any other court backdrop. It's like how non smash 3D fighting games have less stages as time goes on. All they do is look different so why bother making a bunch? Goes or extra in HD.

The whole game has the "crap, we haven't done a a Mario Sports game in ages" feel to it if I'm honest. But Rosalina got a canon sports outfit at last so I'm not complaining.
Thing is, Camelot hasn't made a proper new console Mario Sports game since the Gamecube, do remember the last Mario Tennis console game, was a port.

Remember the last Mario Sports games were Namco and Square Enix, those being Mario Super Slugger and Mario Sports Mix, which is only if you don't include Mario & Sonic at the Olympics series, then the last devs to make a Mario sports game are those 3.

While yeah they made Open and World Tour, this only means they know the basics, but its still unknown, if they still got it and can improve the basics and Ultra Smash stand on its own is unknown to us at the moment.

So yeah, Camelot is kind of rusty

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I feel like we shouldn't hope for much in regards to courts
Even with Rosalina and online play, I still can't get myself hyped for this game because of how bare it looks.
Such a shame after playing so much of the Gamecube and GBA Mario Tennis games.

Does anyone know how to take off gear, Papyrus just told me recently that I have to take my bandana off to hide my identity.
You can't. you can only equip other equipment over it. There is no de-equip feature. . .but it appears you missed a secret ;)

I don't know if it matters anyway. . .

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Zelda characters look terrible for a lot of reasons.
Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf's faces look bad imo...then Ganondorf just looks washed out in general. :/
It's what happens when you take the realistic TP designs and put them into a more vivid-colored art style.

They don't look that bad, though if they had more brighter colors (like in Skyward Sword), they would've looked better.

Overall, Smash 4's art style looks better than Brawl's overly realistic art style.

Chrono.

In some hype related news, Sony is hosting a Playstation Conference next week on Paris Games Week.

It'll be streamed on Twitch

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I don't really care about "different courts" in a Tennis game. A handful of different colours just for a different aesthetic look is absolutely fine by me.

I'm really excited for the ability to take a guest online on here. For as "bad" as Nintendo's online is supposed to be, it's by far the best online service when you consider you usually don't need to buy a second console and subscription to play online with someone in the same house as you.

D

Deleted member

I feel like I'm the only one in here that doesn't care about Mario Tennis

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's what happens when you take the realistic TP designs and put them into a more vivid-colored art style.

They don't look that bad, though if they had more brighter colors (like in Skyward Sword), they would've looked better.

Overall, Smash 4's art style looks better than Brawl's overly realistic art style.
I disagree completely. I thought Brawl looked great.
In fact, I wish they'd stuck to the realistic approach instead of trying to make it more colourful halfway through development.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I disagree completely. I thought Brawl looked great.
In fact, I wish they'd stuck to the realistic approach instead of trying to make it more colourful halfway through development.
Man, Brawl hasn't aged IMO. I understand the realistic look but the model quality and how soulless the characters look (see :dedede::diddy::yoshi2:&:sonic:)

But I know your love for Brawl so I do understand how some of the characters look pretty great in Brawl for the time like :snake::falcon::ganondorf:&:zerosuitsamus:.

But I just love Smash 4 looks because how much better the human characters look, especially:4marth: because how he looks less feminine than :marth::marthmelee:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I would doubt that you are. I think people who don't care about it are just mostly opting to discuss other things rather than explicitly state their disinterest.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I don't really care about "different courts" in a Tennis game. A handful of different colours just for a different aesthetic look is absolutely fine by me.

I'm really excited for the ability to take a guest online on here. For as "bad" as Nintendo's online is supposed to be, it's by far the best online service when you consider you usually don't need to buy a second console and subscription to play online with someone in the same house as you.
IIRC the ball bounced differently on different courts in Mario Tennis 64.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
General Rule of Thumb: If you think you're the only one who does something, you're not.

Man, Brawl hasn't aged IMO. I understand the realistic look but the model quality and how soulless the characters look (see :dedede::diddy::yoshi2:&:sonic:)

But I know your love for Brawl so I do understand how some of the characters look pretty great in Brawl for the time like :snake::falcon::ganondorf:&:zerosuitsamus:.

But I just love Smash 4 looks because how much better the human characters look, especially:4marth: because how he looks less feminine than :marth::marthmelee:
IDK, I think Smash 4 Wii U's human characters look very soulless compared to Brawl.
I miss Brawl Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, and ZSS...but mostly Ganondorf.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
One just came out last year. :ohwell:

I mean, I'm not denying that it feels extremely rushed (even moreso than the 3DS one, which felt very rushed itself since it re-used a lot of assets from the Gamecube version), but I don't think it's to fit some Mario sports quota. I think it's just something that was quick and easy to throw together.

It's not an error.

King R. Cool is his latest alter ego.
King Rool Cool rolls off the tongue well.
Melee will always be the worst looking Smash to me.
When I was 12, I thought Melee's graphics were amazing and realistic.
And I thought the Gamecube's graphics were "perfectly round" and not polygonal like the N64. ...Until I actually got one for myself.

----

I think melee looked great. . .I love the style. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This fish warrior is extremely tough man. ;-:
I think I spent about 30 minutes straight on her. More than any boss in pacifist.
All I did was spam challenge before I eventually figured it out. . . did not make things easier.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Ultra Smash Official Art

General Rule of Thumb: If you think you're the only one who does something, you're not.

IDK, I think Smash 4 Wii U's human characters look very soulless compared to Brawl.
I miss Brawl Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, and ZSS...but mostly Ganondorf.
ZSS looks great on both games IMO and I can agree on Ganondorf.

But Captain Falcon, oh no.
Not when looks like a ripped beefcake beast

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Snake's comment about Bowser looking like a cheap movie monster would have fit better in Melee.

I miss some of the aesthetics of Brawl, but Smash U easily takes the cake of best looking overall.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
When you complete an area, you can do the same missions again but under special conditions. Each level has a variety of special conditions.

Here's some of the ones I've completed:

Complete the maps under the time limit
Stay next to a crystal ball
No sword, only items
Pop the balloons
In darkness
Bombs only
Limited health

I strongly suggest people to do the complete the maps under the time limit conditions last, as they are truly challenging with a group of people who aren't 100% familiar with the map.

When you do the special conditions mode, you generally get better people so the lack of voice communication hasn't been so much of an issue there. Though in my experience some people start throwing other players into pits if they don't get the map/condition they wanted. Has happened on two separate occasions for me. On the plus side, I played with the same group for over an hour and it was pretty satisfying as we went through the missions one by one.

I'm 90% finished with the first area, and 20% finished with the Ice Area. I also tried the water area (which I don't care for already). I probably already have 5 hours in the game, so with my current rate, it should take about 40-50 hours total to complete every area and condition.

I like the variety of weapons/ different takes on some of the weapons so far. The boomerang can bring people to you for example.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so i just want to say i called it almost completely with this trailer for mario ultra smash

wario dk yoshi and a misc character
(this one i said would be a partner for toad or bowser but surprise surprise its daisys new partner rosalina it seems...unless shyguy/bowser jr is hidden)

now my monies on a final trailer showing off mariot themed coutrs and the 4? unlockable characters(there verywell could be more)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Ultra Smash Official Art

ZSS looks great on both games IMO and I can agree on Ganondorf.

But Captain Falcon, oh no.
Not when looks like a ripped beefcake beast
Waluigi's actually getting new artwork?
YEAR OF WALUIGI 2016 HERE WE GO BOYS
but surprise surprise its daisys new partner rosalina
I thought Daisy's partner was always Peach
But then again Waluigi teamed up with Donkey Kong in Power Tour on the GBA so anything's possible

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
**** these reverse arrows man, they confuse me so much. It's worse when you have no healing items equipped.
Remember to run away when your heart turns red. Otherwise the fight will go on forever.

Other than that... well, keep practising.

Pacifist Run is more fun and more manageable if you've played Bullet hell games like Touhou.

:231:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Smash Wii U Link looks like Joan Rivers, if anything.
So... A literal zombie.

I'm so sorry... That was terrible.
Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf's faces look bad imo...then Ganondorf just looks washed out in general. :/
I think Zelda looks really good in Smash Wii U.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You think the Zelda Characters are bad
Have you seen the Koopalings in Smash 3DS
Lemmy looks like an abomination ripped straight outta Brawl's Beta

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Waluigi's actually getting new artwork?
YEAR OF WALUIGI 2016 HERE WE GO BOYS

I thought Daisy's partner was always Peach
But then again Waluigi teamed up with Donkey Kong in Power Tour on the GBA so anything's possible
well seeing as bowser is with boo toad has to be paired up with peach
which means the unlocks that are most likely are bowser jr, luma, toadette, birdo, diddy

now luma, toadette, and diddy are a lock as far as im concerened
im uncertain on weather boo will be a yoshi partner or a bowser parnter whens all said and done

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Just because people are talking about it and nobody's bashing it doesn't mean everyone in the topic cares about it. It's just courtesy not to. I'm sure plenty of other people don't.

There's tons of stuff that gets discussed in this topic that I don't like or don't care about. Off the top of my head, I don't care about the new Star Wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom