• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Boo Amiibo.

Nintendo.

I don't care about the game any more.

GIVE ME THIS!

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You know, all this Ultra Smash talk got me thinking of Sega Superstars Tennis.
People always make the joke of "LOL Why does Sahnik need a car" in Racing, but he's obviously just doing it out of sportsmanship.
But... what could his excuse possibly be in Tennis?
Sonic should literally be IMPOSSIBLE to beat. But he moves just as slowly as other characters. Even going SUPER SONIC doesn't make him unbeatable. At least in a car Sonic still has to put in significant effort to actually WIN in it, but with tennis he has to literally be forcing himself to not go fast.
I dunno it's 4 AM and my mind is wandering.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
These characters getting actual amiibos for a game promoted less than mario party 10 is very slim you know.
/pessimism

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash seems closer to the N64 Mario Tennis in look and feel to me. Motoi Sakuraba is doing the music again, as well. I like that.

So we finally have Rosalina in a sports outfit too. Though I'm wondering why she needs a sports outfit when just floats. :p

:231:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash seems closer to the N64 Mario Tennis in look and feel to me. Motoi Sakuraba is doing the music again, as well. I like that.

So we finally have Rosalina in a sports outfit too. Though I'm wondering why she needs a sports outfit when just floats. :p

:231:
Cuz muh legs.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Oh! Oh! It's an...

Amiiboo!

I doubt those Peach and Rosalina sports costumes, but you never know at this point. XD I want a King Boo Amiibo, but I'll take a regular Boo in the meantime. ^^
Hey, if Mario can have alt amiibos, why can't Peach and Rosalina? Also I'd say let's have Daisy in her dress as an alt amiibo, but this will probably be her first one, so I'll wait for that alt.

Also here are the current usual doubles partners we see in Mario Tennis games
Mario/Luigi
Peach/Daisy
Wario/Waluigi

And here are the characters without their usual partners confirmed at the moment:
DK
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad

So I'm hoping they get their usual partners, those obviously being Diddy, Bowser Jr, Birdo and Toadette.

And sorry I can't currently remember who Boo's usual partner is. And I'm curious to see who Rosalina's partner is, if my prediction is right.

Also, know its not likely, but still going to ask for it, can we have a Warioware character playable, please? :)

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Hey, if Mario can have alt amiibos, why can't Peach and Rosalina? Also I'd say let's have Daisy in her dress as an alt amiibo, but this will probably be her first one, so I'll wait for that alt.

Also Ihere are the current usual doubles partners we see in Mario Tennis games
Mario/Luigi
Peach/Daisy
Wario/Waluigi

And here are the characters without their usual partners confirmed at the moment:
DK
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad

So I'm hoping they get their usual partners, those obviously being Diddy, Bowser Jr, Birdo and Toadette.

And sorry I can't currently remember who Boo's usual partner is. And I'm curious to see who Rosalina's partner is, if my prediction is right.

Also, know its not likely, but still going to ask for it, can we have a Warioware character playable, please? :)
In 64 Bowser and Boo were a duo.

In Power Tennis Yoshi and Boo were leftover partners.

As much as I wish everyone had a doubles partner it aint always the case.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
In 64 Bowser and Boo were a duo.

In Power Tennis Yoshi and Boo were leftover partners.

As much as I wish everyone had a doubles partner it aint always the case.
Yoshi's official partner was Koopa actually.

Boo's was Shy Guy.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Motoi Sakuraba is doing the music again, as well. I like that.
Who wouldn't? Sakuraba is one of the best VGM composers out there. Definitely one of my favorite VGM artists.

He has quite the resume, too. He's worked on several JRPG series such as Star Ocean, Baten Kaitos, Golden Sun, Tales and Dark Souls. All Mario Tennis and Golf games had the soundtracks done by him as well. Now that I think about it, all of Camelot's games done for Nintendo have had Sakuraba as the composer.

He also composed this guy's theme song: :4darkpit:, as well as many other songs in Kid Icarus: Uprising (along with other composers). He's also involved in the Smash Bros. series since Brawl.

... And that's it for a bit of trivia about video game music.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master

Also here are the current usual doubles partners we see in Mario Tennis games
Mario/Luigi
Peach/Daisy
Wario/Waluigi

DK
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad

Not saying they can't have alts as well, I just personally don't see sports outfits happening. XD

I have not played a single Mario Tennis, so I can't say much about any partners and such. But I really hope that what you say is true and that there will be Amiibo for these characters coming.

.. and that Europe finally gets Silver and Gold Mario someday. :c

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
So who here is ready for a no hype Friday tmrw?

*sigh*

Just give me Jr and i'll be a happy Tennis player.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Four more characters are yet to be confirmed for Mario Tennis, as shown in the brand new trailer Nintendo just released.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I picked up Triforce Heroes today. Love the atmosphere of the game, and give props for the Zelda team for trying something different.

Trolls and the lack of voice chat are already a major concern. I spent 5 minutes trying to convince the other people to pick me up, so I could shoot an arrow to open the door. They didn't seem to understand that I needed to be in one spot, despite trying my very best to communicate "YES" "PICK ME UP" "ITEM" "CHEER" so many times.

Chrono.

Don't forget, Nintendo is having their investors metting today I believe. So we could very well be getting some announcements there.
The investors meeting is on the 28th :p

Still though we're probably getting stuff across the week

Starlight_Lily

Not saying they can't have alts as well, I just personally don't see sports outfits happening. XD

I have not played a single Mario Tennis, so I can't say much about any partners and such. But I really hope that what you say is true and that there will be Amiibo for these characters coming.

.. and that Europe finally gets Silver and Gold Mario someday. :c
Really, Europe never got the Gold and Silver Mario amiibo? Could have sworn we did, cause I saw them being advertised at Game in the UK.

Four more characters are yet to be confirmed for Mario Tennis, as shown in the brand new trailer Nintendo just released.
I hope it isn't just for more characters to come, I'd like a few more then that. Although if only 4 more, please let it be the partners of those who are missing their usual partners. Please let DK, Bowser, Toad and Yoshi be joined by Diddy, Bowser Jr, Toadette and Birdo in other words please, i we're only getting 4 more characters.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Oh Investment meeting coming up? This is the first one since Iwata died right?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
More Ultra Smash videos from GameXplain

EDIT: There seems to be more characters possibly judging from this;

upload_2015-10-22_6-22-45.png

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So it will have as many characters as Open (Including Miis probably).
I am disappoint, especially if we don't get Jr. or Diddy.
I suppose so, yeah. And I wouldn't count on poor Diddy. Was even left out from Mario Kart 8. :c

Really, Europe never got the Gold and Silver Mario amiibo? Could have sworn we did, cause I saw them being advertised at Game in the UK.

I hope it isn't just for more characters to come, I'd like a few more then that. Although if only 4 more, please let it be the partners of those who are missing their usual partners. Please let DK, Bowser, Toad and Yoshi be joined by Diddy, Bowser Jr, Toadette and Birdo in other words please, i we're only getting 4 more characters.
Nope. The metallic Marios still has not released here. Not sure about the UK. Maybe they were for whatever reason released only there? :/ If so, I have missed that. All I know is that I cannot get me any Gold Marios, and if there is none to come, I will have to import Silver Mario.

And I guess we can guess the remaining characters from the colors of the blocks we see in their places in the trailer. ^^ I expect the Purple one to be Nabbit.

Starlight_Lily

Also I hope we get some news on Mario & Sonice 2016 games soon. Really hope they make Rosalina playable in the game

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
So apparently there is a liverstream for Project X Zone 2 and Duel Love on Tuesday.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Faith demands I eat less, meanwhile she eats nothing but junk food that she stores up in her room for all e-tuna-ty.
And yeah, Faith gets a box of cookies, two Pringles canisters and two Kit Kat packs in the fridge, and all I get is a Ginger Ale.
We on the same boat.
Too bad I don't play Fire Emblem. Not like I have the money to get a FE Game anyway
- - - - -
Why
in Smash 3DS
does literally
Every.
Single.
BUTTON.
Navigate the Menus.
Every one!
A + X + R = All the same as A.
B + Y + L = All the same as B.
Start + Select = Both the same, but also count as A when they don't do anything special.
The amount of times I have my 2DS beside me, bump against the R button by accident and go into a For Glory 1v1 Room, not do anything and get banned for idling because I never noticed is way too high for me to be comfortable with.
Also the fact that you're forced to have atleast 1 Button on everything is dumb
I much prefer having both L and R as Shield with no Grab Button by default than having a button forced to be Grab
Sakurai please
actually, this reminds me pm64 which you would press R or Z in battle menu and it would actually allow to select like the stick :)

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
COncerned about lack of koopa troopa
We're used to it. I mean, did you really think the Princess getting kidnapped was so simple? It was always about the discriminatory policies against Goombas and Koopas. How do you think I'd work with armless talking fungi? We have a common enemy.

#downwithPeach

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom