• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Due to popular demand...

THE FINAL ANIMAL FACT WITH SWAMP FOR TONIGHT!

Tarantulas are hairy little critters.

They got big fangs that can and will hurt you with venom if they bite you, but did you know they have another method of fighting against predators?

Turns out they're hair is allergenic to a LOT of creatures. When faced with something bigger than it (say a dog) the tarantula will use it's hind legs to throw hairs from its abdomen at it's attackers face.

The attackers will develop a terrible rash if they hit the right place. Getting an eye can cause blindness.

Here's a video is you want to see how it works.

This is why professionals suggest to be careful touching tarantulas, even if they are docile.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes I did know that

Edit: Watching it isn't as impressive as I thought it would be though

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Due to popular demand...

They got big fangs that can and will hurt you with venom if they bite you, but did you know they have another method of fighting against predators?

Turns out they're hair is allergenic to a LOT of creatures. When faced with something bigger than it (say a dog) the tarantula will use it's hind legs to throw hairs from its abdomen at it's attackers face.

The attackers will develop a terrible rash if they hit the right place. Getting an eye can cause blindness.

This is why professionals suggest to be careful touching tarantulas, even if they are docile.
Spiders are cute. :3

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last time I visited the thread - Someone was planning to eat shoes (@SlickWylde) and everyone's step-relatives were working at Nintendo.
Now - Animal Facts with Swamp.

Is this the result of the news drought? :p

:231:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Omega Tyrant Omega Tyrant

I noticed that you liked the Aye-Aye and Tarantula posts.

Does that mean you didn't know those facts?

D

Deleted member

Due to popular demand...

Wow.
I always thought those were just plain ol' hairs.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Anyone mentioned these beauties yet? Don't worry, they are gonna die out soon, so we won't be forced to get to know them before they are gone forever. ^^

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Atretochoana

But, it's common name is MUCH more entertaining

It's an amphibian...a type of caecilian.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Anyone mentioned these beauties yet? Don't worry, they are gonna die out soon, so we won't be forced to get to know them before they are gone forever. ^^
That's a musk deer, I think. I didn't know they were so severely endangered.

Atretochoana

But, it's common name is MUCH more entertaining

It's an amphibian...a type of caecilian.
The one who named it deserves a medal. :troll:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
They FINALLY gave Rosalina a proper sports outfit. Took them long enough, seriously.
Rosalina is always a plus... but I'm still cautious of this game... I wish I didn't have to be, Mario Tennis 64 was my first video game EVER, I don't want this to end up rushed ;-;

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Rosalina looks great in her sports outfit.

Regardless, the game actually looks pretty fun.

I didn't want it before but the new characters and amazing graphics have me hyped.

I just hope we get lots of stages and lots of characters.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
OH MY GOD SPORTS OUTFIT ROSALINA!!!

She looks great in this game.

I'm starting to get bummed at how much this game is recycling though...

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Rosalina looks great in her sports outfit.

Regardless, the game actually looks pretty fun.

I didn't want it before but the new characters and amazing graphics have me hyped.

I just hope we get lots of stages and lots of characters.
Yeah, it looks about as solid as the other Tennis games if not more so... gameplay wise anyway. We need more characters, stages, modes and online reviews before I can feel safe about this game though...

Chrono.

They FINALLY gave Rosalina a proper sports outfit. Took them long enough, seriously.
Rosalina is always a plus... but I'm still cautious of this game... I wish I didn't have to be, Mario Tennis 64 was my first video game EVER, I don't want this to end up rushed ;-;
Here's some of the new features if you're curious

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure what's going on, but by inspection, it seems we're posting odd and humorous animal facts. And so I will add to it using a link because I'm lazy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penis_fencing

It's like Star Wars. :troll:
The flatworms "fence" using two-headed dagger-like penises which are pointed, and white in color. The mating ritual involves a violent battle during which two hermaphroditic flatworms attempt to pierce the skin of one another with one of their penises. One organism will inseminate the other; this flatworm becomes the father. The sperm is absorbed through pores in the skin, causing fertilization in the second, who becomes the mother.[2][3][4] The battle may last up to an hour.[5]
So this is what the ultimate form that has realized the meaning of life looks like

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Ignore this previous part, I'm ashamed of it.
Anyways - looking forward to more Mario Tennis characters - If anything, an amazing dream to see true would be Isaac being playable.

Online and amiibo support is great, though I wish the same could be said for Animal Crossing amiibo Festival - considering that they did say it would be online compatible... Hopefully they'll think again and decide to patch it in eventually.

Last edited:

Chrono.

This really concerns me.

Obviously they are hiding content from GameExplain but...

Please let there be a fleshed out single player mode.
We shouldn't have even found this out from GX.

Idk it strikes me as weird how they've been handling this game lol

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Well good to see we have all the main Mario casts as playable for this game. Also seems Smash isn't the only game where Rosalina is floating, makes her look pretty lazy with her floating all the time on the court. Also was she floating in the other spin-off games, besides Mario Kart obviously. Also she kind of reminds me of Magento who's always floating in Marvel Vs Capcom 3, if I remember correctly.

Also, I really like the design of Rosalina in her sports outfit. Too bad we'll never see her's or Peach's as alts in Smash :(

Here's some of the new features if you're curious
It has online? Good.

Now if Mario Party 11 becomes a thing, please give that online Nintendo, or maybe patch online into 10 please?

Also whatever your opinion is on the direction Mario Party is taking, surely you all agree 10 should have had online, and they need to put it in 11 if it is a thing

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

• Some neat Multiplayer modes (including variants of classic mode, neat)
  • Amiibo

That it?

I mean we don't know a whole lot, I realize but....

Minigames and Tournament mode would be nice. We don't need much more than that mode wise.

It just needs about as many characters as Power Tennis and some neat extra stages and we'll be great.

Camelot.

Rushed games aside. You made Mario Tennis Open and Mario Golf: World Tour. They were high quality games. Don't let the rush destroy your usual quality.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So I guess you can bring you Amiibo online with you as a partner... That's cool.
But man... this game is still scaring me. Less than a month away and we still need Mushroom Kingdom courts, fun modes and mini games, more characters... and good online.
Seriously, World Tour was some of the worst online I've ever experienced in a video game. Ever.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
That's a musk deer, I think. I didn't know they were so severely endangered.

The one who named it deserves a medal. :troll:

I think me remembering they are pretty critically endangered, but I'll look up on Wikipedia just in case. ^^ And thank you, I totally forgot their name.

Something even worse, about half of the world's population of the Saiga Antelope (pictured below) died suddenly a few months ago. :/

Shroob

Sup?
I think me remembering they are pretty critically endangered, but I'll look up on Wikipedia just in case. ^^ And thank you, I totally forgot their name.

Something even worse, about half of the world's population of the Saiga Antelope (pictured below) died suddenly a few months ago. :/

They must be related to Trunk People.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Wait, hold up I just watched the gamexplain video, and it said you can train amiibo partner for online?

Does this mean what I think it means?

Daisy & Waluigi amiibos baby!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Well good to see we have all the main Mario casts as playable for this game. Also seems Smash isn't the only game where Rosalina is floating, makes her look pretty lazy with her floating all the time on the court. Also was she floating in the other spin-off games, besides Mario Kart obviously. Also she kind of reminds me of Magento who's always floating in Marvel Vs Capcom 3, if I remember correctly.

Also, I really like the design of Rosalina in her sports outfit. Too bad we'll never see her's or Peach's as alts in Smash :(
She float in Mario Golf: World Tour.

So...

It just needs about as many characters as Power Tennis and some neat extra stages and we'll be great.

Camelot.

Rushed games aside. You made Mario Tennis Open and Mario Golf: World Tour. They were high quality games. Don't let the rush destroy your usual quality.
I agree with the Power Tennis quote but...

Mario Tennis Open was not a good entry in the series. It was a bad and broken game (and I love the Tennis games).

I hope that it's more in line with Mario Power Tennis.

Mario Golf was good enough. I still felt like it lacked some polish though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom