• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I am now, officially, 23 years old. I feel so old. I wanna be 18 again. :c

Anyways, got Uncharted: The Nathan Drake collection. Been wanting to try the franchise, but never had a PS3, so, yay. XD

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Melee will always be the worst looking Smash to me.
I think Smash 4 has the best art style, and not because of the enhanced graphics.

Smash 64's graphics were bad by late-era N64 standards, Melee just gave a lot of characters bizarre redesigns (As noted by @gameonion, Yoshi in particular looks horrible. Most of the Mario characters look pretty bad, actually. It's like they were going for semi-realistic versions of them, and it just ended up awkward), and Brawl tried the gritty, drab, toned down colors that felt really out of place.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Just got the Mewtwo Amiibo. Anyone else bothered by the placement of his eye (the one that's his right)? I thought I had a derpy one but looking it up it's the way it is.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Can I just mention how much I love some of the 3DS Alt. Trophy Poses over some of the cast's standard artwork
The 3 above in particular are some of my favorites.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Five years as an adult. I came to the harsh realization that I'm getting older at this time as well. (July 21 this year)
I guess my "QLC" might be coming in a few years early.

----
Glad someone understands me. *hugsies* Thank you, Rebellious Grovyle. :)
Adulthood sucks. The years goes so fast now.

Oh well. ^^

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Only the Japanese can mix medieval music with pop/rock and make it sound good. Hiroyuki Sawano is a musical genius.

In regards to Smash Bros. art styles, I do agree that Smash 3DS/Wii U has the best out of all 4 games, with Melee being the worst. Brawl actually has decent designs, the only flaw being the overly realistic textures and coloring in the less realistically proportioned characters. Smash 64 just aged poorly, but at least the characters look true to their games (likely, some of the models are ported from other N64 games).

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I liked Brawl's gritty direction. It worked well, but Smash 4's is definitely the best overall.

D

Deleted member

They just took the fourth wall, destroyed it, put it back together, and destroyed it again.

"Now what would be cool is if TTG's Titans try and reverse everything and at the end of the episode it goes back to the Original Teen Titans. Then Season 6 begins.

Then that would be some ****"
If they really did that, all the respect they've lost from me will be brought back tenfold.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Can I just mention how much I love some of the 3DS Alt. Trophy Poses over some of the cast's standard artwork
The 3 above in particular are some of my favorites.
Those poses look better than the official artworks.
The officialy artworks are so boring, specially the ones that are just the character running/jumping, Luigi's is just wat.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
More Ultra Smash videos from GameXplain

EDIT: There seems to be more characters possibly judging from this;

Waluigi look like he 'bout to drop the hottest album of 2016...

Also, anyone else kind of sad they dropped the whole "Specials" thing introduced in Power Tennis? That really made the game stand out with it's twist. I loved the variety in them. Made you think about using a character more because of not only their type, like technique or speedy, but also for their offensive and defense pressure. Bowser Jr.'s paintball offensive special was crazy while i loved Waluigi swimming in mid-air for defense...

We got Petey, too.
Just when you couldn't Gamecube enough.
Man, I can honestly say I miss Petey being everywhere. He and Bowser Jr. are my go to for Mario ANYTHING and having them in my Double Dash kart was pure bliss. I wish Nintendo would bring him back because i miss the puking piranha. I know he'll be in Paper Jam, but i want him in the spin offs, not just the RPGs.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm quite confused. Where are you getting this stuff out of ManlySpirit's post?

He didn't mention the boosting their ages was annoying, he just said that the removal of content was dumb.

And he never said anything about minors marrying and having children or that he would be okay with it.
How I got that: He complained about Xenoblade X and Fates getting censored. The only confirmed change was an age boost. Elise is 14 and you can see her in her underwear, marry her and have kids with her. However, now that he revealed it was pure speculation on his part, I'll apologize for that. However, thinking something will get censored =/= it's getting censored. Only thing I expect to get censored in either games is Soleil, because we all know how well that support was worded

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Question

Do you think we'll get more alternate palette colors for the fighters for the future as DLC?

Like giving :4mario: his Donkey Kong color scheme, his retro look and his Red Star costume from Galaxy

Giving :4link: his black and white sets from 64 & Melee so I don't have see that awful Dark Link costume again.

More :4megaman: based off of Robot masters, more :4lucina: based off of the other Awakening female cast and even some popular FE female characters and finally giving :4falco: alts that don't suck

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I'm seeing mention of bad Melee models.

Donkey Kong is so ugly in Melee. Actually, I think Smash 4 was the game where they FINALLY got him right. He looked fine in Brawl, but his animations....not the best.

Chrono.

Question

Do you think we'll get more alternate palette colors for the fighters for the future as DLC?

Like giving :4mario: his Donkey Kong color scheme, his retro look and his Red Star costume from Galaxy

Giving :4link: his black and white sets from 64 & Melee so I don't have see that awful Dark Link costume again.

More :4megaman: based off of Robot masters, more :4lucina: based off of the other Awakening female cast and even some popular FE female characters and finally giving :4falco: alts that don't suck
Nope.

I think all future DLC will strictly be characters, stages and mii costumes with the occasional trophy.

also hey blue falco and red falco look pretty snazzy

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I am now, officially, 23 years old. I feel so old. I wanna be 18 again. :c
Happy Birthday! We all miss our childhood and teenage, don't worry. :p

OH C'MON (Contains some sware words in tweet.)
This just made me a tad upset. It was one of my favorite shows!
Sad to see it end. It was one my favourite shows. :ohwell:

Those poses look better than the official artworks.
The officialy artworks are so boring, specially the ones that are just the character running/jumping, Luigi's is just wat.
Luigi's pose is pretty unique though.

It's a tough call - if they make the poses too dynamic, your amiibos will be full of ugly stands. A normal pose is boring but practical.

Question

I doubt it. Although I'd love to see characters other than Little Mac have more than 8 colours.

:231:

D

Deleted member

MELEEEEEEEEEE has betta artstyle than Smash 4 imo. (excuse the image limit if there is one)

Smash 4 has these weird faces sometimes (probably due to Namco).

Like uh, is this Roseanne or something?

Melee has it fabulous.

Melee also has a much better Fox design.

And what is
with the
faces in Smash 4?

Melee also is just so much more colorful. Smash 4 is more colorful than Brawl, but Melee still wins the primary contest.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I honestly hate it when people put quotations with something that really doesn't need it
For example;

We really don't need those Quotations, guys :4pacman:
It's actually completely correct. AP Style dictates that all video game titles go in quotes. If anything, it's worse that they just put "Super Smash Bros. 4" instead of "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS," though that can at least be chalked up to wordcount reasons which...honestly don't matter in online journalism.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

It's a tough call - if they make the poses too dynamic, your amiibos will be full of ugly stands. A normal pose is boring but practical.
Unique but weird, it just exists because Sakurai thinks Luigi doing that is funny.

And I'm pretty sure the poses of the characters in Smash 4 are not very good for amiibo.
Like Luigi's, Fox's, DK's, Link's, Falco's, Toon Link's, Shulk's, etc.

>

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
beat allmost all of the yokai watch demo ( reuknight optional boss fight is the only thing i havent dont yet)

There is a difference between unique and straight up weird/illogical.

I absolutely would have impulse bought a Luigi amiibo if he had his brawl render (which was absolutely perfect for him by the way.) Instead we got Captain Derp. Probably would have mained him too but I was too mad about the pose. . .

Curious if anyone likes this.
yes

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Unique but weird, it just exists because Sakurai thinks Luigi doing that is funny.

And I'm pretty sure the poses of the characters in Smash 4 are not very good for amiibo.

>
Honestly this is why I think the DLC characters have more grounded poses: so the amiibo doesn't need a bunch of stands. Though Mewtwo did end up getting one, but that's more so due to how spread apart his feet are.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

>
I'm pretty sure they didn't have amiibos in mind when they were developing the main game. Other you would be seeing simpler poses.

There is a difference between unique and straight up weird/illogical.

I absolutely would have impulse bought a Luigi amiibo if he had his brawl render (which was absolutely perfect for him by the way.) Instead we got Captain Derp. Probably would have mained him too but I was too mad about the pose. . .
I... don't think it's illogical. It lines up well with how he's depicted in Smash. He's more of a butt monkey in Smash (like in SSE) than in the Mario series. Anyway, I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom