• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Ok then.

>Mario breaks blocks in the Mushroom kingdom.

>All blocks in SMB1 was transformed Toads.

Therefor, he kills plenty of innocent civilians.

This is just a joke but the manual did say that so yeah.
Eh, breaking blocks is a player choice thing so hardly can be taken as canon, also I always find game manual translations from the NES and SNES dobuse since you know they usually tended to change a lot for no reason and also had a lot of mistranslations.

Luigi's Purple Coins isn't...really THAT hard...
You'd have to agree that it's harder then using the cape to fly over most of the levels in world at least though, right?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Luigi hooking up with Mario's ex is nothing.

If you consider Yoshi's series. Yoshi literally saved their asses as children and is the reason they're even around to mack on any of the princesses/Pauline/Rosalina.

And they repay him by riding him like a horse and abandoning him in the middle of strange places for him to find his way back home when they no longer need him.

These boys can't even be nice to their dinosaur father figure. How the hell do you expect them to be nice to each other?!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The ep 1 battle works better than any other prequel fight not because of better choreography, but 100% because of Ray Park. Every other fight was a couple of actors trying to be fighters, but Ray Park was a fighter trying to be an actor. He's good enough at faking it that he can make Ewan's and Liam's awkward fumbling look like skilled swordplay.
That's kind of true, Ray Park's genuine athletic abilities really made the battle scene memorable. Though I think Ewan and Liam deserve a little more credit than calling it awkward fumbling. I've seen the features when they're practicing and training their combat skills.

I think the scene is good all around, and Qui Gon's death is one of the most memorable scenes throughout the entire saga.

Starlight_Lily

Mario ALWAYS gts the glory.

Commercials and manuals
Mario has shared the limelight with Luigi plenty of times, Mario & Luigi series shows this.

Luigi had a year, that's clearly more of a celebration then Mario had, remember Mario isn't actually getting to celebrate his actual birthday :p

I like how you just completely skipped over my question about Cranky

Luigi hooked up with Mario's ex. You don't do that, man, that makes it awkward as heck at thanksgiving.
I don't remember Luiggi ever going out with Pauline :confused:

Cause Mario certainly never went out with Daisy if that's who you meant.

and he jumps higher. and he (according to Bladzer) is hooking up with space waifu.
Luigi >>>>> Mario
No to me Luigi will always like tomboy Princesses

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Eh, breaking blocks is a player choice thing so hardly can be taken as canon, also I always find game manual translations from the NES and SNES dobuse since you know they usually tended to change a lot for no reason and also had a lot of mistranslations.

You'd have to agree that it's harder then using the cape to fly over most of the levels in world at least though, right?
Well, with that logic, since Mario is mostly a interactive game series, everything you do in it, including fighting Bowser and saving the Princess never happened. :troll:

And also, this episode of the cartoon series proves Bowser turned the Toads into bricks and since Mario does break bricks in this series, which does have a interesting lack of Toads present in this show, it does raises an eyebrow, hmm?

:troll:

I'm really taking this joke really far.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

Little hearts don't pop out of your head in a platonic relationship.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Mario has shared the limelight with Luigi plenty of times, Mario & Luigi series shows this.

Luigi had a year, that's clearly more of a celebration then Mario had, remember Mario isn't actually getting to celebrate his actual birthday :p

I like how you just completely skipped over my question about Cranky

No to me Luigi will always like tomboy Princesses
Everyone cheers for Mario. It's 'Super Mario' almost never 'Super Luigi'. A year is nothing compared to the great 35. Also
'commercials and manuals'
That was about Cranky

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So nothing of note to talk about.

Starlight_Lily

Luigi hooking up with Mario's ex is nothing.

If you consider Yoshi's series. Yoshi literally saved their ***** as children and is the reason they're even around to mack on any of the princesses/Pauline/Rosalina.

And they repay him by riding him like a horse and abandoning him in the middle of strange places for him to find his way back home when they no longer need him.

These boys can't even be nice to their dinosaur father figure. How the hell do you expect them to be nice to each other?!
Yoshi offered to give them rides in World, so yeah he's just being friendly. When did they ever abandon Yoshi is strange places? And I'd hardly call the outside of a castle all that strange of a place, especially when its in Dinosaur land, the Yoshis homeland. Plus I don't think those are the Yoshi's who saved them anyway, so they're hardly abandoning their dinosaur father figure.

Well, with that logic, since Mario is mostly a interactive game series, everything you do in it, including fighting Bowser and saving the Princess never happened. :troll:

And also, this episode of the cartoon series proves Bowser turned the Toads into bricks and since Mario does break bricks in this series, which does have a interesting lack of Toads present in this show, it does raises an eyebrow, hmm?

:troll:

I'm really taking this joke really far.
No Mario still saved Peach and beat Bowser, he just did without breaking any blocks:p

He clearly turned Toad into a rock, not a block, so argument is invalid.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't like to think about Luigi, Daisy, or Rosalina hooking up with anyone. For me? They're just all single friends. Yeah, I know there's evidence for both, but let me head canon.

If I did have to pair Luigi with someone it'd be Daisy over Rosie though.

Toad, Wario and Waluigi are also single. Wario has Mona sure, but I'd like to think his one and only love is greed and money. Also garlic.

Waluigi's just a ****ing weirdo. I can't even imagine what he'd be like in a relationship. I feel like he kind of wants Daisy though despite their rivalry.

Toad just seems like he's pretty asexual in general. He prefers friendship. I think Toadette is his sister/buddy in my head.

Maybe the best way to put it is? The only things I ''ship" in the Mushroom Kingdom is Peach/Mario, Yoshi/Birdo, and if they count because of same universe? Dixie & Diddy.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yoshi offered to give them rides in World, so yeah he's just being friendly. When did they ever abandon Yoshi is strange places? And I'd hardly call the outside of a castle all that strange of a place, especially when its in Dinosaur land, the Yoshis homeland. Plus I don't think those are the Yoshi's who saved them anyway, so they're hardly abandoning their dinosaur father figure.
Gameplay wise, you don't have to ride Yoshi pretty much anywhere. He's only necessary in certain parts, and then you can just abandon him mid stage and run along.

I'd call that ditching him in the middle of nowhere.

Yoshi might have offered the rides, but it's still a ****ed up relationship to have with someone who has literally kept you alive.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Not surprised at all the PM shenanigans tbh.

And honestly, I laugh when people say that Nintendo is behind it. They're the people who don't consider the possibility that Twitch are covering themselves so PM doesn't reach a certain level of visibility and Nintendo eventually does something about it.

But really, it could go either way.

D

Deleted member

Gameplay wise, you don't have to ride Yoshi pretty much anywhere. He's only necessary in certain parts, and then you can just abandon him mid stage and run along.

Yoshi might have offered the rides, but it's still a ****ed up relationship to have with someone who has literally kept you alive.
It's not like Yoshi is forbidden to run alongside them instead of serving as a steed.
His own fault for not following them.

Starlight_Lily

Little hearts don't pop out of your head in a platonic relationship.

I'd hardly call onesided affection dating.

Everyone cheers for Mario. It's 'Super Mario' almost never 'Super Luigi'. A year is nothing compared to the great 35. Also
'commercials and manuals'
That was about Cranky
I remember people cheering for Mario AND Luigi though :p
What commercials that weren't actually written by the Donkey Kong creators? Hardly a good source for canon are they.

What do you mean? We're discussing gaiming's greatest and deepest lore! The Mario lore!
You'd be surprised, bring in the RPGs and Mario actually has a pretty deep lore

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I don't like to think about Luigi, Daisy, or Rosalina hooking up with anyone. For me? They're just all single friends. Yeah, I know there's evidence for both, but let me head canon.

If I did have to pair Luigi with someone it'd be Daisy over Rosie though.

Toad, Wario and Waluigi are also single. Wario has Mona sure, but I'd like to think his one and only love is greed and money. Also garlic.

Waluigi's just a ****ing weirdo. I can't even imagine what he'd be like in a relationship. I feel like he kind of wants Daisy though despite their rivalry.

Toad just seems like he's pretty asexual in general. He prefers friendship. I think Toadette is his sister/buddy in my head.

Maybe the best way to put it is? The only things I ''ship" in the Mushroom Kingdom is Peach/Mario, Yoshi/Birdo, and if they count because of same universe? Dixie & Diddy.
I've always thought that there's a good chance that Waluigi was a pedo.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I've always thought that there's a good chance that Waluigi was a pedo.
Wow. I would not go that far. Just because he's the most perverse and eccentric person in the Mushroom Kingdom doesn't mean he's a monster who diddles children .

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Waluigi X Pain, misery and chaos is the OTP.

Alternatively Waluigi X Luigi. :troll:

Starlight_Lily

But you're forgetting about Wario's other one true love man, Garlic :awesome:

Waluigi is only good enough for Waluigi, why, cause Too Bad Waluigi Time

Eh, Toad and Toadette are just friends in the canon of the games, even though some guide have incorrectly stated them to be siblings, so not surprising you see them as siblings.

Like I said, doubt those Yoshis are the same ones who saved them as babies. Also Mario is shown collecting Yoshi after clearing a castle, if he brought one of them with him, I think, I can't remember completely, been a while since I played World.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Wow. I would not go that far. Just because he's the most perverse and eccentric person in the Mushroom Kingdom doesn't mean he's a monster who diddles children .
Well, Yeah, I wouldn't go as far as that, but, I think I get what he meant though, being kinda creepy like, not necessary attracted to kids...

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Works with tingle though.:yeahboi:

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My main Mushroom Kingdom OTP isn't even shown or talked about but should be. And that's Bowser and his wife.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
He's actually confirmed to have an unrequited love for Daisy.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
There's some sick part of me that's laughing its ass off at this post.
My main Mushroom Kingdom OTP isn't even shown or talked about but should be. And that's Bowser and his wife.
We need to see Bowser's spouse or whatever just to put the "Bowser molested Peach" theories to rest. >.>

D

Deleted member

My headcanon is that Bowser is actually trans and gay and his husbands are the koopalings except wendy because he doesnt like womin

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That's the thing though. Small. If Nintendo fleshed out the gameplay and made it a new IP with Splatoon levels of advertisements, it'd glorious
Why new IP? Kid Icarus could use some growing, its multiplayer as its own fleshed-out game would be a good idea, I think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom