• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
From what I've heard and seen, it seems like Nintendo is trying to separate their console schedules from Microsoft and Sony.

They were a year ahead of the New consoles with the Wii U. But, I think they want to be 3-4 years ahead.

Hear me out. It's a solid business strategy.

8 years is a consoles average lifespan.

Next year would be halfway through the XB1 and PS4's lifespan. While Nintendo doesn't 100% "compete" with Microsoft and Sony according to some. It's silly to pretend like they don't take a bit of sales when released at such similar dates.

Now if Nintendo was to release a console In the Middle of the competitors lifespan. They get ALL OF THE ATTENTION. No competition with other console releases. They practically have the Holiday season in the bag. This will increase sales exponentially.

What better time for Nintendo to do this change than when their console isn't doing too great? The Wii U isn't a failure... but it's not doing great either. Nintendo fanboys can pretend like that's not the case, but Nintendo is not on fire. (Though, they're rich as all hell, they don't need to be on fire).

I think it's a great idea to release NX next year. It's at least worth a shot. The Wii U isn't gonna sell much more than it already has.
Admittedly I didn't think of it that way.

So you think a Holiday release is likely?

Wouldn't the NX hurt sales of 2016 titles like Star Fox, Zelda and Pokken?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Friday, Oct. 16; 8PM - 1AM EST
Saturday, Oct. 17; 8PM - 1AM EST
Sunday, Oct. 18; 10AM - 3AM EST
At these times, the TriForce Heroes Demo enables Online Mode to allow you to play with friends and random people in your region. :4pacman:
HPYE! I did not know this! Thanks! I now what I'm doing tonight!

D

Deleted member

Well IGN just finish posting the Top 100 All-Time games list
#30-1
30. The Legend of Zelda
29. Red Dead Redemption
28. Final Fantasy VI
27. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
26. Half-Life
25. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
24. Civilization IV
23. Star Wars: TIE Fighter
22. Halo
21. Super Mario Galaxy
20. Street Fighter II
19. Deus Ex
18. Baldur's Gate 2
17. Portal
16. Grand Theft Auto V
15. Minecraft
14. Super Mario World
13. Chrono Trigger
12. Sid Meier's Pirates!
11. Super Mario 64
10. Tetris
9. Halo 2
8. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
7. Super Metroid
6. Half-Life 2
5. Portal 2
4. Super Mario Bros.
3. Doom
2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
1. Super Mario Bros. 3
>Super Mario Bros 3
>In the top 10
Someone stop them already

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Is anyone else here noticing the irony of this belief? This is a pretty common belief for Chibi now, and yet he's in a better situation than Isaac.... Who many consider to be one of the most plausible/likely DLC additions. The Chibi Robo has seen more entries (5 total) and continued support for a decade.

I'm not singling you out here, because I actually agree with you about Chibi. Without continued success and much of a future to look forward to, any characters chances for Smash drastically plummet (unless they fit the token 'surprise/retro' criteria). I'm just pointing out that Smash fans literally pick and choose which rules to follow.
I said that statement to see how others would react, it was more of a sarcastic remark than anything. I'll put quotations around it next time. However I did mean what I said after this, they should try to improve the formula rather than inovate it.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
From what I've heard and seen, it seems like Nintendo is trying to separate their console schedules from Microsoft and Sony.

They were a year ahead of the New consoles with the Wii U. But, I think they want to be 3-4 years ahead.

Hear me out. It's a solid business strategy.

8 years is a consoles average lifespan.

Next year would be halfway through the XB1 and PS4's lifespan. While Nintendo doesn't 100% "compete" with Microsoft and Sony according to some. It's silly to pretend like they don't take a bit of sales when released at such similar dates.

Now if Nintendo was to release a console In the Middle of the competitors lifespan. They get ALL OF THE ATTENTION. No competition with other console releases. They practically have the Holiday season in the bag. This will increase sales exponentially.

What better time for Nintendo to do this change than when their console isn't doing too great? The Wii U isn't a failure... but it's not doing great either. Nintendo fanboys can pretend like that's not the case, but Nintendo is not on fire. (Though, they're rich as all hell, they don't need to be on fire).

I think it's a great idea to release NX next year. It's at least worth a shot. The Wii U isn't gonna sell much more than it already has.
Best reasoning skills 10/10

wait....too much reasoning 7.5/10

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Admittedly I didn't think of it that way.

So you think a Holiday release is likely?

Wouldn't the NX hurt sales of 2016 titles like Star Fox, Zelda and Pokken?
Not exactly. If we're going by Nintendo standards the NX will most likely be backwards compatible with Wii U software and games.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Keep in mind only about 10 million units have been sold in 3 years. 10 million is a very small percentage of the total gaming population. Now, how many of those 10 million are still actively playing? 3-4 million, maybe?

So, those 3-4 million people will probably be upset at the new console. Not a huge number.

If Nintendo actually has a solid plan for this next system, releasing next year is a great idea. A majority of the gaming population will be looking forward to it, because they didn't buy the Wii U.

When you release 3 huge games on a system, and it still sells like crap, it's time to move on.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
About the NX, releasing it in the next year is a risk.

Either happens as @Con0rrrr stated and they grab all the attention or they could be seen as playing catch-up with the competition and not interest many people in the end.

Though it will heavily depend on the hardware and how friendly it is for third-parties to develop for it while also supporting Sony and Microsoft's consoles.

There are a lot of variables in play. Pricing could also make a difference in being successful or flopping again.

Last edited:

Soul.

How many 3DS units have been sold over the course of 4 years by the way? 50 million?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Hey guys, you wanna see :4samus::4bowser:&:4ludwig: fight Goku, Bayonetta, Raiden, Jetstream Sam, Kenshiro, Big Daddy, Ghost Rider, King Boo, Mikasa, Ghost Rider, Chris Redfield, Lara Croft and Darth Vader dressed up by famous Street Fighter and Tekken characters

Note:
:4megaman:&:4pacman: did not show up

kylexv

Smash Master
Well IGN just finish posting the Top 100 All-Time games list
#30-1
30. The Legend of Zelda
29. Red Dead Redemption
28. Final Fantasy VI
27. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
26. Half-Life
25. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
24. Civilization IV
23. Star Wars: TIE Fighter
22. Halo
21. Super Mario Galaxy
20. Street Fighter II
19. Deus Ex
18. Baldur's Gate 2
17. Portal
16. Grand Theft Auto V
15. Minecraft
14. Super Mario World
13. Chrono Trigger
12. Sid Meier's Pirates!
11. Super Mario 64
10. Tetris
9. Halo 2
8. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
7. Super Metroid
6. Half-Life 2
5. Portal 2
4. Super Mario Bros.
3. Doom
2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
1. Super Mario Bros. 3
*Someone tell me why neither Mario 64 nor Galaxy isn't at least in the Top 10.
*I mean, Mario 3 is a very solid game, but number 1? Mario World should at least be above Mario 3.
*With Mario 1 and Doom, just because it's the first doesn't mean it's the best
*What even is Sid Meier's Pirates? How about Baldur's Gate 2 and Star Wars: TIE Fighter? Civilization IV?
*Ocarina should be above A Link to the Past
*Not a single Sonic game lol. I mean, at least include Sonic 3&K
*Final Fantasy VI is in the Top 30 but VII isn't?
*GTA V is overrated. It only lives because of mods
*No Dark Souls?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Still, it is and always will be clickbait.
Yeah but it's a video from about 16 Months ago

A video we shouldn't be giving any knowledge and attention towards. Clickbait or not.

Come back to me when it revolves around the ballot, at least that is recent.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yeah but it's a video from about 16 Months ago

A video we shouldn't be giving any knowledge and attention towards. Clickbait or not.

Come back to me when it revolves around the ballot, at least that is recent.
Okay, but I need a rope, I'm stuck on the cliff from 16 months ago.

Chrono.

That would be sick, but it wouldn't happen.

I dunno, every time Nintendo has a new piece of hardware coming out, there's rumors of how powerful it is, and it always falls short of the hype. Gonna wait.
That's because news sites keep reporting on rumors as if they were facts.

They always do this crap.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I kind of hope the NX will be the third pillar instead of a replacement, but I just want some news about it.

Soul.

I kind of hope the NX will be the third pillar instead of a replacement, but I just want some news about it.
It'll be that for a while, kinda like GCN/GBA/DS.

What happens after that is up in the air, though, if NX will replace Wii U, 3DS, or both.
Or if NX is just a name for a new "brand" of platforms?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
When do you think we will first hear about it? I could see us hearing about it in January. They could do a conference of presentation to kick off the new year, and detail their plans for the year. I imagine if that happened, the NX would be a key focus of it as well as their new rewards program probably.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I've played so much Wii , I was so happy with it.
Games like Muramasa or even Fortune Street, I truly played Wii like there's no tomorrow (+60 games, easily).
But I just feel kind of betrayed if the Wii U don't make until 2017.
I'm really expecting a Animal Crossing, a real Fire Emblem, and maybe Super Mario Galaxy 3.
They even said "NX is not a Wii U sucessor" before ... Now, I must agree that's probably the case.
I know I should not but I blame the MOBA sucess and PC gaming a bit.
This generation of consoles born dead or will be buried alive.

Everytime I think NX will truly replace the Wii U, I feel bad for it.
Wii U is so cool... Gone too soon.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
About the NX, releasing it in the next year is a risk.

Either happens as @Con0rrrr stated and they grab all the attention or they could be seen as playing catch-up with the competition and not interest many people in the end.

Though it will heavily depend on the hardware and how friendly it is for third-parties to develop for it while also supporting Sony and Microsoft's consoles.

There are a lot of variables in play. Pricing could also make a difference in being successful or flopping again.
Honestly, yeah whether devs are interested or not depends a lot on hardware unfortunately.

But, whether the 2016 launch pans out depends on the launch line up imo. One of the reasons I think it will launch early 2017 (or at the very earliest december 2016) is to give devs plenty of time to understand the hardware, plan a good game, and then make said game instead of just enough time to make easy(?) ports and thrown together launch titles.

BUT, if the dev kits have been out for a while (at least for big name companies) and this news only concerns less popular or mid/small sized companies, then I can see a fall/winter 2016 launch window.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I really don't think the NX will release next year. Mainly because it would have just been announced that year. Plus the Wii U has a lot of stuff left it seems. We have Zelda U, which could be pushed back but I find it unlikely( it might get NX exclusive features though). We have starfox zero set for next year. I also believe that if games like Twilight Princess HD are a thing,then we can definitely have other surprising games announced for 2016. Due to this, I see the NX more likely to release in 2017. Plus it be a better business move that way. It might even be better because if they have a big name game lineup, and release it with great launch titles, third part titles and support, and just good features and power for the console overall, it could easily knock out the Xbox One and PS4's sales if they truly wanted to complete. This could aid it to have a good launch year and hopefully more in the future.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just going to call it now.

We're not getting any Smash news in October, but we will in November. It's pretty obvious that Nintendo is doing Smash patches every other month.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Picking up Yoshi's Woolly World, but won't be able to play it until Sunday night at thecearliest. Ah well, at least music's nigh-impossible to get spoiled on accidentally, and that's what I'm looking forward to the most by far. Tomoya Tomita with all the good feels.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Panga is in the process of making a level harder than P-Break.
At first I thought it said Pangaea is making and then stopped before reading the rest, and was like how is the continent Pangaea coming back? Then I read the rest and looked over again, lol. Should probably ready more carefully. Tuned in, I saw an evil level design and then got an awesome triforce heroes commercial!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
When you use headphones and you start feeling your hair between your ears and the headphones is when you realize your hair is growing a little too big. :p

This gaming generation sucked the most for all parties when you think about it.
Not really sucking, but gaming overhaul has kinda lost its luster lately... That's the feeling I get.

I feel the industry is getting a bit saturated.

And I'm now off to watch some anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom