• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I'm just curious about the 2nd character.

I wouldn't mind hints but since Stealth isn't ready to talk about em that's that I guess.

Dude, be patient. We got only a week left.
Stealth is claiming that Wolf isn't even a factor, I want him to explain himself;

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If any assist trophy in the game will beat the rule that they can't be playable by DLC it's probably Isabelle. She's honestly the most popular character that is an assist trophy.

It's just a question of if Sakurai has had time to think about what her moveset would be and implement it probably.
Ehh I don't know if she's THAT popular. Then again Animal Crossing.
If they add any Assist Trophy-fighters as DLC, I have a feeling they would chose more than one so less people feel cheated, and as a result they might not be very intensive or unique characters.
Isabelle would be a good choice though as she could take some moves from Villager for example. Personally if they added Ghirahim with some Swordfighter-esque moves that would be pretty much how I would see him fighting anyways, especially the f-air.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Isabelle is that popular though. She's the only assist trophy with any huge shot of becoming a playable fighter in Smash 4.

Like there are some other awesome characters sure, but none of them have her status or level of popularity.

She might quickly have become the most popular character in her series with only 2 games under her belt.

Edit: And I suppose she could be a semi-clone of Villager, but really, she has more potential IMO to be a builder and healer type character than using the means he uses to fight.

Last edited:
I'd like to point out, of all the characters, Isabelle shows up on Villagers poster
From the looks of it she is the only NPC to show up on any of them. That at least says something about her. . .

NVM xenoblade crew. I even OWN that poster and I forgot Dunban/Riki exist lol

I suppose the argument could be made they are a part of his moveset which Isabelle isn't making her special but that's a bit of a stretch

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
If we don't get any news next week, barring a complete surprise, I think we can write off October for dropping anything Smash related.

Hell, I myself think they're doing a content patch every 2 months.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
There's actually quite a couple of reasons why he isnt all that likely, all which are detailed in the SG article Push did awhile back: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/10/09/is-wolf-a-shoo-in/
I know of the reasons.:glare: But not including Wolf at this point would be horrible for Nintendo, read some of the comments on that article. Wolf support keeps growing and growing, not capitalizing on it is a horrible and costly move.
He basically said he hasn't heard anything about Wolf.
.... What a weird way of saying he hasn't heard of something.
"Hey have you heard of Luigi being playable in Mario tennis ultra smash?"

"Luigi is not a factor"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd like to point out, of all the characters, Isabelle shows up on Villagers poster
From the looks of it she is the only NPC to show up on any of them. That at least says something about her. . .

NVM xenoblade crew. I even OWN that poster and I forgot Dunban/Riki exist lol

I suppose the argument could be made they are a part of his moveset which Isabelle isn't making her special but that's a bit of a stretch
Chrom is also on Robin and Lucina's poster. :p Though it could also be a Riki/Dunban thing, though IMO Chrom's in a more prominent spot looking like Mufasa in the clouds and ****.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I know of the reasons.:glare: But not including Wolf at this point would be horrible for Nintendo, read some of the comments on that article. Wolf support keeps growing and growing, not capitalizing on it is a horrible and costly move.
I agree.
The reason Nintendo lost money last year wasn't because the Wii U isn't selling well, it's because Wolf isn't in Smash Bros.

Chrono.

And then there's Dark Pit who actually is playable but he's just

there

"ay Pit whats good"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
DLC is a whole different ball game. That excuse can work when developing the main game, but with DLC, there's no excuse. This is why Wolf fans can never get a good nights sleep.
I'm sorry, but losing sleep over a character not being playable is going too far...you need to relax. He doesn't owe you an explanation. Stop acting entitled.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

.... What a weird way of saying he hasn't heard of something.
"Hey have you heard of Luigi being playable in Mario tennis ultra smash?"

"Luigi is not a factor"
I think you might be taking what he said out of context.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I agree.
The reason Nintendo lost money last year wasn't because the Wii U isn't selling well, it's because Wolf isn't in Smash Bros.
Actually If Wolf was DLC, he would make Nintendo money by simply being DLC, a bunch of people will buy him, and since he's in smash, that means he automatically gets an amiibo. amiibo =$$$$$$$$$.If Nintendo actually had the intelligence to stock stores with amiibos other than Mario and Zelda.

I think you might be taking what he said out of context.
Stealth:"shovel knight is likely, he is just not next"

Some guy on gamefaqs: "I assume the same applies for Wolf, right?"

Stealth: "Wolf is not even a factor."

Here are the quotes about Wolf.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Actually If Wolf was DLC, he would make Nintendo money by simply being DLC, a bunch of people will buy him, and since he's in smash, that means he automatically gets an amiibo. amiibo =$$$$$$$$$.If Nintendo actually had the intelligence to stock stores with amiibos other than Mario and Zelda.
You realize this applies to any DLC character, right? Not just Wolf?

I'm a Wolf supporter and I can see you're stretching things...

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
May as well just share this here.

But back to Wolf...if being low priority is his reasons of exclusion...does this mean Starfox would only get 2 characters from the series playable, while Fire Emblem get's up to 5? I know reps means nothing now, but just, such a turn of events...
OH LAURA HAVE MERCY!

Fire Emblem going from 2 to 5 characters and Starfox going from 3 to 2 is a bit jarring.

Stealth:"shovel knight is likely, he is just not next"

Some guy on gamefaqs: "I assume the same applies for Wolf, right?"

Stealth: "Wolf is not even a factor."

Here are the quotes about Wolf.
"Wolf doesn't factor in with the information I know."

That's how I read it.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Going forward for Nintendo, I'd say Fire Emblem is more important than Star Fox.

From a business POV.

Just sayin'.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yes, and by that logic, any character they make DLC will make Nintendo money, so therefore, it doesn't make Wolf special in that regard.
You're a devout Wolf support, surely you can think of more merit for the character than "he'll sell". I know I can...-_-
Going forward for Nintendo, I'd say Fire Emblem is more important than Star Fox.

From a business POV.

Just sayin'.
This.
Nintendo is pushing the hell out of Fire Emblem now.
I'm honestly expecting Emblem Warriors somewhere down the line.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

From a business POV.

Just sayin'.
That's honestly something Nintendo is at fault with, then. They could make any of their IP's just as good as the rest, but that choose to stick with the norms, RPGS.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
That's honestly something Nintendo is at fault with, then. They could make any of their IP's just as good as the rest, but that choose to stick with the norms, RPGS.
A game doesn't have to be better to sell more though.

People might just like RPGs more than on the rail shooters.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So what's the DLC rumors now?

Shovel Knight and Splatoon?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
You realize this applies to any DLC character, right? Not just Wolf?

I'm a Wolf supporter and I can see you're stretching things...
Dude... read the post I was quoting. I was providing a solid reason of how Wolf would make Nintendo money. True you could apply that to some other characters, I doubt if Tong Shau Ping was DLC he'd sell very well to the general public in DLC and amiibo form, though if he did get in I'd probably be furious and laughing for days.

Yes, and by that logic, any character they make DLC will make Nintendo money, so therefore, it doesn't make Wolf special in that regard.
You're a devout Wolf support, surely you can think of more merit for the character than "he'll sell". I know I can...-_-

This.
Nintendo is pushing the hell out of Fire Emblem now.
I'm honestly expecting Emblem Warriors somewhere down the line.
:4greninja:d buddy :4greninja:d.

Other reason's include he's a veteran
He's a bad***
He's got a cool original moveset
He's got a bad*** voice
He's a villain.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
A game doesn't have to be better to sell more though.

People might just like RPGs more than on the rail shooters.
I know, I'm not really saying that exactly.

There are fans of both, and one shouldn't just get excess amounts of push, when at this point, it's already well received.

What about the other series that could use that push? Metroid, Mother fans who wanted the series localized they now got the first game), F-Zero? It would be best to balance out the push of your IPs, is just my opinion.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dude... read the post I was quoting. I was providing a solid reason of how Wolf would make Nintendo money. True you could apply that to some other characters, I doubt if Tong Shou Ping was DLC he'd sell very well to the general public in DLC and amiibo form, though if he did get in I'd probably be furious and laughing for days.
Deng Xiaoping hasn't even been in a Nintendo game, so that point is moot. I did read the post you quoted. It doesn't make your argument make sense. You know who the same could be said for? Inkling. K. Rool. Dixie. Chibi Robo. Henry Fleming. Hell, even promoted NPCs like Isabelle or Chrom, as unlikely as they are. If it's Smash DLC, it will sell. It's not a point exclusive to Wolf.

May as well just share this here.

But back to Wolf...if being low priority is his reasons of exclusion...does this mean Starfox would only get 2 characters from the series playable, while Fire Emblem get's up to 5? I know reps means nothing now, but just, such a turn of events...
That awkward moment when it looks like you are censoring something that doesn't need to be censored.
seriously that lightning couldn't have been sliiiiiightly lower/higher?
Dude... read the post I was quoting. I was providing a solid reason of how Wolf would make Nintendo money. True you could apply that to some other characters, I doubt if Tong Shau Ping was DLC he'd sell very well to the general public in DLC and amiibo form, though if he did get in I'd probably be furious and laughing for days.

:4greninja:d buddy :4greninja:d.

Other reason's include he's a veteran
He's a bad***
He's got a cool original moveset
He's got a bad*** voice
He's a villain.
this is the epitome of
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom