• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, but for the most part, WarioWare is kinda.... dead?

That, and she appears in the new Rhythm Heaven too.
Didn't Game and Wario come out in like, 2013? I'd hardly call it dead.

Chrono.

Game & Wario and DIY were the last games and those are technically spin offs

spin offs of spin offs...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Didn't Game and Wario come out in like, 2013? I'd hardly call it dead.
Wasn't that not a main WarioWare game, though? I don't remember.
Either way it isn't dead, but it's most certainly not really a priority series.
Speaking of Ashley, It's time for a Straw poll.
http://strawpoll.me/5746192

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Yeah, but for the most part, WarioWare is kinda.... dead?

That, and she appears in the new Rhythm Heaven too.
She appears in the game along with practically every other Warioware character.
Wasn't that not a main WarioWare game, though? I don't remember.
Either way it isn't dead, but it's most certainly not really a priority series.
Speaking of Ashley, It's time for a Straw poll.
http://strawpoll.me/5746192
What is this even asking?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
This makes me wonder if Assist Trophy characters in this game would ever be considered as playable from the ballot.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Correct - Ashley did appear in Game & Wario, specifically the game where you tilted the GamePad to raise or lower the altitude of her flight. And I do think Ashley would be a fun choice for a WarioWare newcomer if it got a newcomer next time. Quite a number of Assist Trophies this time seem to have a future established with them, e.g, Isabelle.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Game & Wario and DIY were the last games and those are technically spin offs

spin offs of spin offs...
It's....actually more than that, if you think about it.

The Wario series is a spin-off of the Mario series.

Wario Ware is technically a Wario spin-off.

Game & Wario and DIY are Wario Ware spin-offs.

So it's a spin-off of a spin-off of a spin-off.

D

Deleted member

It's....actually more than that, if you think about it.

The Wario series is a spin-off of the Mario series.

Wario Ware is technically a Wario spin-off.

Game & Wario and DIY are Wario Ware spin-offs.

So it's a spin-off of a spin-off of a spin-off.
And the Mario series is a spin-off of the arcade Donkey Kong.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
The new Splatoon update makes up for the lack of a direct for me. The fact that Luna Blaster isn't going to be as dumb in Tower Control makes me happy. That, and Krakens... Krakens...

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Ashley is like Isabelle. Both were introduced in the 4th installment of their series and became the fan favorites of their series.

Now should the fan favorites get in before more prominent characters like Jimmy T. and Tom Nook?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Ashley is like Isabelle. Both were introduced in the 4th installment of their series and became the fan favorites of their series.

Now should the fan favorites get in before more prominent characters like Jimmy T. and Tom Nook?
I kinda hate to say this, but can that be the logic behind, maybe, King K Rool over Dixie?

Imo, why not both? But which one is requested more.

Khoru

Smash Champion
If Waluigi can make it into Mario Maker (and Ashley as well), then spinoff means jack.

Even Mario Kart got repped in Super Mario 3D World as well.
i love sm3dw's level design so much
i really hope they keep making 3d platformers like it

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't think whether Jimmy T.is more important than Ashley matters when the latter has an Assist Trophy, two remixes of her song, and a costume in SMM, while the former has none of those things.

Well asheley is cooler than Jimmy T so yes there. (well not cooler. . .Jimmy clearly outstlyes her. Just better moveset)

I like neither of the animal crossing character so I don't care either way.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Tom Nook (Your boss in the first games, sells you your house, main ''goal" of the games) and Isabelle (guide to the mayor role, I'm not sure what her role in Happy Home Designer is as I haven't played it yet, but it seems fairly importantly) but what I'm saying is both function in different important ways for Animal Crossing.

As much as the Wario Ware characters are colorful and vibrant? And yes even cool in most cases.

None of them have gameplay functions that are vital to the series. Honestly, the mini games are the stars of those to the point even Wario seems second fiddle in it, which is why I'm always surprised Wario Ware is his default spin-off in Smash.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Well asheley is cooler than Jimmy T so yes there. (well not cooler. . .Jimmy clearly outstlyes her. Just better moveset)

I like neither of the animal crossing character so I don't care either way.
But Jimmy has the power of disco on his side. He'll be the next Wii Fit Trainer using real life dance moves

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
This makes me wonder if Assist Trophy characters in this game would ever be considered as playable from the ballot.
Unless they make an event of Assist Trophies becoming playable and have Takamaru, Ashley, etc. all become playable at once, I can't see them hand-picking Ashley for DLC this time around.

If they did do this, though, I'd be very surprised if they didn't choose her.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
....tbh, given how the game went, idk why not liking jr just for that.

Cause let's be honest, I coudl make the same argument with bowser.....and kamek......
Instead of being a cool edition to the game, he just felt like an necessary annoyance. You encounter him in the first level, then he's gone until you travel to W4, and then his final appearance is a boss fight. Now Kamek on the other hand actually did stuff throughout the story to hinder you, in my opinion he was the best antagonist in Sticker Star.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Instead of being a cool edition to the game, he just felt like an necessary annoyance. You encounter him in the first level, then he's gone until you travel to W4, and then his final appearance is a boss fight. Now Kamek on the other hand actually did stuff throughout the story to hinder you, in my opinion he was the best antagonist in Sticker Star.
....you dont; get the point.

If you judge jr with SS there;s a high chance that you dont; give him fair chance because SS tbh......didn;t had really good character text and interactions.

Seriously, smg for example, much better imo :)

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I kinda hate to say this, but can that be the logic behind, maybe, King K Rool over Dixie?

Imo, why not both? But which one is requested more.
They definitely both deserve to be in, but getting both right now isn't too likely.

Now should we get the main villain or another sidekick? I mean we did get Wolf over another Starfox member.

Shroob

Sup?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72640088/833749307

Found the link for you, fyi.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
They definitely both deserve to be in, but getting both right now isn't too likely.

Now should we get the main villain or another sidekick? I mean we did get Wolf over another Starfox member.
Well, I might be wrong, but I think Wolf was basically added because he was requested a lot, and I think Krystal was just as much back then as well. But he got in over her because he was cloneable compared to Krystal.

Ashley and Jimmy I think wouldn't be "last minute" characters either like what was Wolf's case, I think both have to be unique in movesets, so they'd have to be plan from the start. So in Smash 5, would we get Ashley first? If anything, Waluigi would seem more likely to come first before either of those other two, but that's going off topic.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I disagree.

Just because a source is wrong doesn't mean the source should be outed anyway. Hell they may have just gotten the timing wrong.

I see no good reason for Anvil to betray stealth just for being wrong.
If nothing else, then I'm just curious as to how high up this goes, and how many people know of this.

@TheAnvil's comment about "If Stealth is wrong, it's because someone lied to him" really makes me puzzled.

That, and @RogersBase has still got me scratching my head about this supposed "News".

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If any assist trophy in the game will beat the rule that they can't be playable by DLC it's probably Isabelle. She's honestly the most popular character that is an assist trophy.

It's just a question of if Sakurai has had time to think about what her moveset would be and implement it probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom