• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
InB4 people think this confirms DK Jr. for Smash...
BUT @Opossum YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! Here, let me break this down for you-

DK Jr. gets trademarked. You know who else is a Jr.? Bowser Jr. You know who else is in Smash? ILLUMINATIE CONFURMED.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
It'd be strange for them not to renew the trademark, considering the Donkey Kong Jr. games on the eShop.

This literally means nothing in regards to DK Jr. making future appearances or anything.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash is almost a month away and there still hasn't been any new info on it?
Dude, It's Mario ****ing Tennis, it just sells itself.

Smash? Splatoon? Pish posh, that's all small fry compared to the massive cash juggernaut that is MARIO ****ING TENNIS

Nintendo just knows we're gonna be all lined up in the stores waiting and fighting for the copies, while they bathe in money. Why? Because it's Mario. ****ing. Tennis.
Considering the amount we've heard from the game I'm almost sure the above is Nintendo's line of thought :laugh:

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'd honestly be completely fine with DK Jr in Smash. He's iconic and I think there's a pretty interesting moveset there for him.

There are certainly worse choices.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Dude, It's Mario ****ing Tennis, it just sells itself.

Smash? Splatoon? Pish posh, that's all small fry compared to the massive cash juggernaut that is MARIO ****ING TENNIS

Nintendo just knows we're gonna be all lined up in the stores waiting and fighting for the copies, while they bathe in money. Why? Because it's Mario. ****ing. Tennis.
Considering the amount we've heard from the game I'm almost sure the above is Nintendo's line of thought :laugh:
If Nabbit and/or R.O.B./Petey and/or the Koopalings (INCLUDING BOWSER JR) aren't in it
Not buying
- - - - -
*Looks in Manga section of library*
Bo-
OH-
THEY GOT THAT IN HERE?
WELP
SOMEONE DIDN'T CHECK THE QUALITY CONTROL
*Nopes away*

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
PushDustIn PushDustIn please, I really need you now, i jsut got 4 screens of famitsu with full of paper jam stuff.....in JP :(

I CAN;T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT IT OMG!

:)
Paper Jam Stuff?!?!
200.gif

I NEED TO KNOWN WHAT IT SAY!!!!!

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
PushDustIn PushDustIn please, I really need you now, i jsut got 4 screens of famitsu with full of paper jam stuff.....in JP :(

OH GOOD LAWD WE HAVE BOWSER JRS IN THE BUILDING.

The over world map looks amazing as well! And Toadette holding Paper Craft Mario is just adorable.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I do have a fear with these pics tbh.

They show a lot, but what I am hopping is see more potential done with the paper stuff.

And so far.....why I onyl see toads and regular enemies?

idk, but there;s a feel of generic that i don;t like.....

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I do have a fear with these pics tbh.

They show a lot, but what I am hopping is see more potential done with the paper stuff.

And so far.....why I onyl see toads and regular enemies?

idk, but there;s a feel of generic that i don;t like.....
My hope is that the 2nd part of the game takes them into the Paper world, where they must fight some of Paper Marios enemies.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'd honestly be completely fine with DK Jr in Smash. He's iconic and I think there's a pretty interesting moveset there for him.

There are certainly worse choices.
I don't mind him.

Just gotta wonder what his moveset might be? Don't wanna go down the clone route

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
My hope is that the 2nd part of the game takes them into the Paper world, where they must fight some of Paper Marios enemies.
see, that would be what I am talking about and although i do have to agree they keep showing the same areas, idk why they wouldn;t go more into these stuff.

Though, let me admit, man, these artworks, I lvoe them :)

Chrono.

see, that would be what I am talking about and although i do have to agree they keep showing the same areas, idk why they wouldn;t go more into these stuff.

Well it is an RPG.

They might not wanna spoil too much.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

This artwork is some of the best. Bowser and Paper Bowser is freaking hilarious

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
hum....I jsut noticed....

OH GOOD LAWD WE HAVE BOWSER JRS IN THE BUILDING.

The over world map looks amazing as well! And Toadette holding Paper Craft Mario is just adorable.
I jsut noticed the overworld is almost like SS.

Grass, dessert, forest, ice and jungle (the only thing missing is the volcano), bowser castle.

The problem that i have is this is one of the thing I disliked about SS: the worlds weren't much surprising in terms of design, a bit too much blandness for me.

I'll wait for the translations, but this kinda worries me a bit now.....

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Favourite video game soundtracks?

Souls series (Dark Souls,Demon's Souls and Bloodborne)
Halo (series)
Xenoblade Chronicles
Fire Emblem (series)
Metal Gear (series)
Wonderful 101
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Super Mario Sunshine
F-Zero (series)
Gears of War trilogy.
Sonic (series sans Secret Rings, Lost World and Boom)
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Team Fortress 2
Mass Effect (trilogy)

Also a Fire Emblem Tellius collection or riot.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The weird thing abotu paper mario is the only game I would see a remake improving the actuall game is pm64.....that really is it.

Because TTYD, spm and even SS don't "need" precision in resolution, I mean, TTYD tbh is kinda weird that I can see the antialiaser not doing all it shoudl do and see pixels, but tbh, it matters so little I don;t get wahy a remake would worth, spm, even less, I can;t see pixels in spm.

Pm64 however, it was shown that an hd texture pack improved DRAMATICALLY the graphics so much that man, it woudl be so worth it.

So, do I want a remake?

I'm fine, I jsut don;t see the point unless it's pm64 :)

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I don't mind him.

Just gotta wonder what his moveset might be? Don't wanna go down the clone route
Even though he didn't do it himself, i'd love to see DK Jr. throw barrels. I can't fathom why that wasn't DK's side special when Melee rolled around. It's something DK actually did...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The fact that you did makes me love you again~.

But really though I actually didn't see it, my bad.
At least you're honest :reverse:

Even though he didn't do it himself, i'd love to see DK Jr. throw barrels. I can't fathom why that wasn't DK's side special when Melee rolled around. It's something DK actually did...
I think the Dthrow Cargo carry is something related to it but also remember that isn't DK Jr and his moveset is based around DKC since 64.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
So if Twilight Princess HD gets a physical release, it will be the only console Zelda game to have three physical (and unique) releases for three consecutive gens! (oot never got a physical release on Wii and was just a port)

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I reeally hope this Twilight Princess HD is a physical release just like Wind Waker HD, and to be released before Christmas. Would be a awesome thing to open up and play at Christmas.

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
So if Twilight Princess HD gets a physical release, it will be the only console Zelda game to have three physical (and unique) releases for three consecutive gens! (oot never got a physical release on Wii and was just a port)
  • Ocarina of Time N64 (Original release)
  • Master Quest GCN
  • 3D for 3DS
or am I missing something here?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

uhh that's a lot of text to translate. I'll give you notes.

There's the mysterious book in Peach's castle that Luigi opens (probably the book he's holding on the first page of the scan). From that book a bunch of the paper universe characters fly out. Paper Peach flies out last and asks Mario and Luigi to help round everyone up. They get into a battle with the two Bowsers and when things look bad -- Paper Mario shows up. The two Bowsers take the two versions of Peach and decide to team up. So the two Marios and Luigi team up to rescue the princesses.
A button is Mario, B Luigi and Y is Paper Mario.

2nd page is about the various attacks. If there's anything that looks new let me know. However, most of it is pretty obvious from the attacks. No real information from the map section.

3rd Page:
Paper Mario has a copy ability (make up to 10 of himself)
Mario and Luigi have variety "brother attacks" (like kicking the shell between each other).

You have to try to find all the Paper Toads so they can help with that big Papercraft. (Lakitu and Paper Lakitu run that center).

4th Page: Huge Paper Craft Mario (not sure if that's the proper name in English) offers different battle system than normal.

Pressing the button to the rhythm in the BGM for more power. B to dash, A to throw yourself. The left side goes over the trio attacks. Bottom talks about puzzles/ finding Toads.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Source Gaming did an interview with Jordan Sweeto. He's the YouTube musician who has strongly supported Krystal in SG fan polls. Kind of different from our normal interviews, but give it a look.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't know if I'll get Mario and Luigi Paper Jam. On one hand I did like Bowser's Inside Story, but on the other I have a backlog of games to buy.

Soul.

Mario Party Advance is coming but no N64 Mario Party games. Nintendo pls

Oh cool PMD Blue Rescue Team is also coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom