• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm not denying that at all. That's why I said "relatively niche" and not just "niche".

I'd definitely put it a tier above some of the truly niche Smash franchises like MOTHER and Xenoblade, but it's definitely nowhere near the level of Animal Crossing (which has grown into one of Nintendo's bigger series).
At the very least, while it may not be there yet, it seems like Nintendo's really trying to make it not-so-niche, what with how much marketing and advertising Pikmin continues to get. The shorts, Pikmin 3 advertising everywhere, toys and other merchandise, some hints toward a possible amiibo line (probably for 4), and hell, even the fact that the 3DS save data transfer animation features the Pikmin.

I can actually see it become full-on not niche if it keeps up, personally.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I actually have to ask, Burb. What do you think of all of this?
There's not enough clear information on it for me to really care.

I'm just waiting until someone spills the beans, the announcement is made, or we reach the deadline.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The thing is this spread in a way that doesn't even make sense to me. Especially when it's oh so so so so so super secret and yet every day someone has whispered something new to someone else?

The spread of cockroaches? Makes sense, and it's kind of a bad way to refer to this.

This started off as two people knowing stuff, then three, then four, then five. It was almost as if they told one another. Secrets don't work like cockroaches. That's why they're secrets, they're not meant to be spread.
There's honestly a loooong list of people.

Chrono.

Oh nice.

Wario Land Shake it, Super Paper Mario and Mario Strikers Charged are also coming out.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I've said it repeatedly, but there are a lot more people in the know then people realize. Once again, when you see a couple of roaches scurrying about, the walls are infested.
(¬‿¬)

Way more people got a hold of the ESRB footage than many of you are aware of, and it took days for the videos to finally leak. It's not unprecedented or unbelievable for this many people to be in the know without the info truly getting out.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I just learned that Galaxy 1 is currently Japan exclusive on the eShop.

This upsets me for some reason.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
So DeNA just reiterated that they're going to announce their first mobile title 'soon'.

This is all Iining up for a Direct Id say

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Wait? They said Twilight Princess HD was in the update listing that's coming this Thursday? There's no doubt in my mind that a possible Direct is coming soon. All these rumors seem to be lining up pretty well.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
At the very least, while it may not be there yet, it seems like Nintendo's really trying to make it not-so-niche, what with how much marketing and advertising Pikmin continues to get. The shorts, Pikmin 3 advertising everywhere, toys and other merchandise, some hints toward a possible amiibo line (probably for 4), and hell, even the fact that the 3DS save data transfer animation features the Pikmin.

I can actually see it become full-on not niche if it keeps up, personally.
Wii U transfer too, I think.

D

Deleted member

I know this is a joke, but it's a joke that was physically painful to read.
Sorry if the truth hurts
Sorry but the best husbando, Zant, is from Twilight Princess.

So by default it can't be trash.

And now he can be best husbando in HD.
Ghirahim>>>>Trash>>>>>>Zant
Fixed it.
Still waiting for the Legend of Groose
when the hell is NA getting xenoblade
Next year
But you'll only be able to download it if your Wii U is located in a GameStop
And only if you get it before the stock runs out

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I've said it repeatedly, but there are a lot more people in the know then people realize. Once again, when you see a couple of roaches scurrying about, the walls are infested.
I want to be a cockroach.

Can I be a cockroach?

"Coricus, what do you want to be when you grow up?"

"A cockroach, mommy!"

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
OK, we're just NEEDING a Direct at this point:

- Splatoon getting the Octolings campaign and making them playable in other modes. Big update, big deal;
- Smash4 getting new fighter(s) as discovered through the latest patch and all this rumor between conversations;
- Super Mario Galaxy being released on Wii U Virtual Console in the West;
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD is a lock by now;
- rumors on Pokémon Z are floating around, isn't it?;
- Mobile game with DeNA being teased to be announced 'soon';
- Club Nintendo substitute needing to be introduced;
- Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, Pokémon GO, Pokkén Tournament, Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, Lost Reavers, Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam and some few others, all needing desperately updates;
- And yeah, more Amiibo, probably (Super Mario Wave 2, Animal Crossing Wave 2, Roy, Ryu and Lucas);

I forgot something?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

If what Spazzy D and Vaan says is true, this is how I'm choosing to see all these people in the know as. This video and song.

Chrono.

What if we get a Nintendo Direct Micro instead

That'd be hilarious since they're unannounced.

Last edited:

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
So watching Owarimonogatari and come across this little scene with a certain Inkling Girl in Powerpuff Girl style art. Pretty cool stuff.

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Well.

TP getting an HD remake pleases me.

WW and TP were the two Zelda games my friends borrowed and never gave back.

So this just works out perfectly! :4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink:
I never got back my WW but at least I got and still have Conker's Bad Fur Day instead... then the Mario Kart 8 extra game promotion came and everything went smoothly

Burb

The Absolute Worst
OK, we're just NEEDING a Direct at this point:

- Splatoon getting the Octolings campaign and making them playable in other modes. Big update, big deal;
- Smash4 getting new fighter(s) as discovered through the latest patch and all this rumor between conversations;
- Super Mario Galaxy being released on Wii U Virtual Console in the West;
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD is a lock by now;
- rumors on Pokémon Z are floating around, isn't it?;
- Mobile game with DeNA being teased to be announced 'soon';
- Club Nintendo substitute needing to be introduced;
- Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, Pokémon GO, Pokkén Tournament, Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, Lost Reavers, Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam and some few others, all needing desperately updates;
- And yeah, more Amiibo, probably (Super Mario Wave 2, Animal Crossing Wave 2, Roy, Ryu and Lucas);

I forgot something?
I don't think all of that would be highlighted in a single Direct. It's just too much.

I think a lot of the games at the bottom of the list wouldn't be shown off so soon. GO wasn't announced that long ago, and I think Pokken can wait, too. Mario Tennis, Paper Jam, and AC amiibo Festival are the ones in the most dire need of some information.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Am I the only expecting a direct to just be randomly uploaded to Nintendo's YouTube tonight lol.
I doubt it, all the other Directs that were posted without any sort of warning beforehand were either game-specific or region-specific.

Or Micro, but that was basically a condensed version of one of the Japanese-exclusive Directs, if I recall correctly.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean...

Wow...

What if everyone knows but me?

Or what if I know, but I don't know I know?

Chrono.

It's like those weird cultists.

They could be everywhere around you and you may never know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom