• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I sometimes regret my Wii u purchase. We get constant game droughts, and while everyone else can hype over AAA games like fallout 4, all we get is yoshi's wooly world.

I do love Smash and Mario kart, but that's about it. Also I am planning on getting Mario maker and X down the line, but not now.'
It's why I consider the Wii U a secondary to my Xbox One and PS4. There's hardly ever anything decent on the Wii U due to spaced out releases (plus this year sucking for Wii U) whilst X1 and PS4 can have third party games like Mortal Kombat, Fallout and Witcher fill in the gaps between the exclusives.

NX has to be really well advertised and strong enough to not miss out on games like Fallout. It says something about your console when even CoD and EA's sport titles don't show up on the system.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Part of the 3rd party issue was the power of the console
A very minor part compared to everything else.
There were great looking games on the wii as well. Making a multiplat game on wii simply required optimizations people didnt want to invest time in and and in some cases out right downgrades in graphics that devs didnt want to make. Don't even get me started on some gamers with their "wii is for kids" bull**** that only made the situation worse.

But look at nintendo's 1st party titles and several 3rd party studio games like The Conduit 1&2, Fast Racer (a freakin wiiware game), Jet Rocket (another wii ware game), Red Steel 2, Muramasa, Zack and Wiki, Sonic Colors etc.....

There are a bunch of graphically impressive games and the list only gets longer when you include games with great art styles that that make up for it short comings like Xenoblade.

I'm not saying the wii was super powerful. It was the weakest system last gen, but it had enough power to make gorgeous games if you put effort into it and any device with reasonable specs can make a fun game.

There are no excuses to make bad games (outside of pulled funding). If you can't make a certain game work as-is on a certain console, then either tailor a game (with a reasonable budget) for that console or just start with the weaker console and make an upgraded port.

That said, Nintendo still needs to get some of it's stuff together. It's doing much better when it comes to indies, assisting larger devs, and funding projects, but it's marketing team needs work...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I haven't bothered with many so called 'AAA' third party publishers (EA, Activision, and Ubisoft are examples) due to the never ending news of their broken as hell "quality control" on highly anticipated games, milking out sequels as fast they can, finding every way they can to empty your wallet whether it's right or wrong, and shifty practices/service.

If that's wrong than I don't want to be right.

Strofirko

Smash Master
My biggest gripe with most of these channel who grew with the smash 4 hype stuff,is that they are turning irrelevant now, I mean there is some exceptions,but the biggest mass is just bad graspstrawing.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Animal Crossing became a pretty major franchise. It's one of Nintendo's best sellers.

Pikmin is relatively niche.
Pikmin manages to maintain some of its notoriety basically because Miyamoto created it.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so in my never ending quest i have done the impossible i found a complete playthrough of yokai watch by an english speaking person on youtube!

Honestly. . .if there is a direct, i would probably be more hyped by a pikmin 4 reveal than the smash character unless it's REALLY good.

Pikmin 3 was so well made but too short. I need more.

D

Deleted member

Gamexplain gets a lot of flak because of their discussion videos
But they have great analysis videos, previews, good Mario Maker levels and mixed reviews

At least they have content besides misinformation unlike certain channels that shall not be named

Last edited by a moderator:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Why do we belive everything Nikki says?
Shes respectable in the community and a reliable data miner. As far as the direct goes, shes very confident it will be this wednesday, since she correlated it to previous Splatoon updates. If the update/splatfest comes this Friday, then some kind of announcement has been consistent on the Wednesday before. Something like that.

Poots

Smash Journeyman
Pikmin manages to maintain some of its notoriety basically because Miyamoto created it.
I'm starting to think that this is just something people like to say. Maybe Pikmin is popular among Nintendo fans because it's good? I'm not trying to call you out, but I swear I hear way too many people say this about Pikmin. It's like some people believe that everyone only likes Miyamoto games because he made them and not because they just so happen to be good games.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
lol no one's believing her guesses, they're just that, guesses.

She's just assuming stuff based on how past directs have been handled is all.
It just seems like some people are taking her guesses as fact.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm starting to think that this is just something people like to say. Maybe Pikmin is popular among Nintendo fans because it's good? I'm not trying to call you out, but I swear I hear way too many people say this about Pikmin. It's like some people believe that everyone only likes Miyamoto games because he made them and not because they just so happen to be good games.
I'm moreso just referring to the fact that Pikmin's notoriety rides on the acolades of being invented by Miyamoto. It's more known than say Earthbound, because it was created by Miyamoto.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know I'm being kind of stupid asking this but....
Why would you buy your mom ? It's everything alright ? She is kidnapped or ... something ?
Anyway, good luck! I voted in Super Metroid and to save some money, because moms should be too expensive.
IIIIIT'S ROBO-MOM! A ROBOTICAL MACHINE THAT'S THE PERFECT MOTHER! Bakes cookies, helps with homework, accepts you regardless of your sexuality and much, much more! Call 0800 URAF00L and after 69 daily payments of 999,99 you'll get a free Robo-Mom!

OH GODDAMMIT I HAVE A BB HOOD AVI INSTEAD OF ANNA

Last edited:

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
I just hope we'll get a direct this week. It's time Nintendo. This is the moment we've all been waiting for...

SHOW US THE NEXT MARIO TENNIS TRAILER!

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
IIIIIT'S ROBO-MOM! A ROBOTICAL MACHINE THAT'S THE PERFECT MOTHER! Bakes cookies, helps with homework, accepts you regardless of your sexuality and much, much more! Call 0800 URAF00L and after 69 daily payments of 999,99 you'll get a free Robo-Mom!

OH GODDAMMIT I HAVE A BB HOOD AVI INSTEAD OF ANNA
For a while I was deciding if in a world where this be a real thing, would be a good or a very sad creation.
Both? Probably.
Anyway, too much expensive, would help nobody. :sadeyes:
Aaaand... you're a bit crazy. It's fun.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So, random question. If you can only choose ONE:

Twilight Princess remake, with new stuff and improvements, all in the gorgeous style and quality of the Zelda HD Demo.

or

Super Mario Sunshine, with new stuff and improvements, all in the gorgeous style of Wind Waker HD.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown

Twilight Princess remake, with new stuff and improvements, all in the gorgeous style and quality of the Zelda HD Demo.

or

Super Mario Sunshine, with new stuff and improvements, all in the gorgeous style of Wind Waker HD.
I never played Super Mario Sunshine and I think Twilight Princess is my least favorite Zelga game (Zelda II was... creative), so I'm with the Mario Sunshine.
Now a 3D-style HD remake of the original Zelda or from A Link to The Past ...I'm all in.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

or

Probably Sunshine. Twilight Princess is great and the Zelda HD demo is just as good, but Sunshine is a big part of my childhood.

The ideal answer would be both, of course.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

or

Seeing as Super Mario Sunshine is my favourite 3d Mario I'd have to go with that.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well I've been thinking about replaying Twilight Princess for a while so if there really is an HD remake on the way then I guess I'll hold off for a little while longer then. Hopefully they would fill up the overworld with a bit more to do as well as giving the rupee's a bit more use too......

Oh and I'd probably would have preferred a Mario Sunshine remake/sequel as well but both is fine too I guess.....

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I just hope we'll get a direct this week. It's time Nintendo. This is the moment we've all been waiting for...

SHOW US THE NEXT MARIO TENNIS TRAILER!
I would like to see more of that game..
Speaking of which look at this gorgeous Box-art

And can we please get more info on the new Olympic games.
I mean come on there's so many things left untold with this new iteration (Amiibo support/line New Characters)

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Super Mario 64 Galaxy Sunshine, for sure. All-Stars was the last time any Mario game got a substantial graphical overhaul, after all.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
For a while I was deciding if in a world where this be a real thing, would be a good or a very sad creation.
Both? Probably.
Anyway, too much expensive, would help nobody. :sadeyes:
Aaaand... you're a bit crazy. It's fun.
It would certainly explain why I got a bunch of likes. Me liky crazy stuff

or

Uh...Uh...Uh... Twilight Princess because to quote SomecallmeJohnny '**** ISLE DELFINO'

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

or

I'd go with Mario Sunshine.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Seeing as Super Mario Sunshine is my favourite 3d Mario I'd have to go with that.
It is my favorite as well. ^^ Glad more here enjoyed Sunshine.

Probably Sunshine. Twilight Princess is great and the Zelda HD demo is just as good, but Sunshine is a big part of my childhood.

The ideal answer would be both, of course.
It was a big part of my childhood too. :3 Curse the people who hate it! Screw opinions! But yes, both would be epic.

I never played Super Mario Sunshine and I think Twilight Princess is my least favorite Zelga game (Zelda II was... creative), so I'm with the Mario Sunshine.
Now a 3D-style HD remake of the original Zelda or from A Link to The Past ...I'm all in.
Your least favorite? D: Oh well, I forgive you. XD But I am glad you guys agrees that a new HD Sunshine would be splendid.

Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen
How can you hate Island Delfino? Aren't you my twin? You told me I was your twin. :c

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
It is my favorite as well. ^^ Glad more here enjoyed Sunshine.

It was a big part of my childhood too. :3 Curse the people who hate it! Screw opinions! But yes, both would be epic.

Your least favorite? D: Oh well, I forgive you. XD But I am glad you guys agrees that a new HD Sunshine would be splendid.

Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen
How can you hate Island Delfino? Aren't you my twin? You told me I was your twin. :c
Fixing : My least favorite Zelda that I've played until the end.
I dropped Majora's Mask.
I'm not a fan of that dark stuff in Zelda (looks too much edgy wannabe, because Nintendo).
Skyward Sword for the win.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think Sunshine is the superior game overall, but Twilight Princess could use some major improvements.

If that leak is real, then it's probably an eShop release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom