• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
What is going on here? Did someone leak something new about Smash?
Eh, not really. A lot of corroborating stories make it seem like Robersbase and co. might know who the next Smash character is. It's about as substantive as the Shovel Knight rumor except it points towards a character people want more so it's gaining traction.

People are just really thirsty for leaks.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I can't wait for the SSB4 speculation to be over for good (after we get our 2-3 ballot DLC characters) so we can move on to the SSB5 speculation. :awesome:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I'm on team neutral for this.

There's not enough information to say one way or the other. I'm going to wait this out, and I think everyone else should too; unless we get additional information that pushes this rumor one way or another.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Inklings with Male and Female Agent 3 alts, Callie and Marie alts, Male and Female "Trendy" Online Inkling alts, an Octoling alt, and a Captain Cuttlefish alt would be beyond amazing though...

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
To me the Callie & Marie as Alts is about as stupid as the theory of Ken being an alt for :4ryu:.

STOP MAKING PEOPLE INTP ALTERNATE COSTUMES. THEY DON'T NEED CHARACTERS BEING ALTS.

If :4lucas:wasn't an alt of :4ness: nor anyone else this stupid fanbase thinks up, then why bunch of characters that don't fit.

I would understand if this was the Octarians but it ain't, so stop that

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Inklings with Male and Female Agent 3 alts, Callie and Marie alts, Male and Female "Trendy" Online Inkling alts, an Octoling alt, and a Captain Cuttlefish alt would be beyond amazing though...
How could a Cap'n Cuttlefish alt even what
How about cutting both sides and make her the first ever Quasi-Clone and give her the HW style along with being a clone to Sheik
I'd rather just have a more interesting Zelda character D:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
To me the Callie & Marie as Alts is about as stupid as the theory of Ken being an alt for :4ryu:.

STOP MAKING PEOPLE INTP ALTERNATE COSTUMES. THEY DON'T NEED CHARACTERS BEING ALTS.

If :4lucas:wasn't an alt of :4ness: nor anyone else this stupid fanbase thinks up, then why bunch of characters that don't fit.

I would understand if this was the Octarians but it ain't, so stop that
Well, they better not be :4darkpit: so as long as they would be unique fighters, than go ahead, I wouldn't be mad with that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Callie and Marie alts are super unnecessary. They wouldn't even be good fits for alts, they're idols, not gun-toting fighters.

This is DLC. Most we're gonna get is four girl Inklings, four boy Inklings, a stage, and maybe a few trophies cause of all the existing models.

If we get anything more than that IsmaR's going to eat her own shoe.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So you're saying that the Roster needs to be flooded with Koopalings, all of them as slightly different clones of eachother.
I'll bite. :4lemmy:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
If we didn't get a Ken costume for Ryu, a proper named Claus for Lucas, or a classic clothes Roy, then I don't think we will get much for the Inklings. Most likely just a 4 female/ 4 male selection. I'd say its possible we could get 16 costumes with 8 for Octolings, but I see this as unlikely.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
First of all agent 3 is the inkling... 2nd we are definitely not getting callie/marie. It makes no sense to have a side character before the main character.
Guy says he doesn't know when the next character is announced, but how they will be announced, which means they're tied to an event, which means it's the new splatfest, Callie vs Marie, winner gets in Smash.

no, I'm not being serious, but that would be some advertising.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
If anything we'll get Callie and Marie inspired alt colors for the female Inklings

Kinda similar to Waluigi:4mario::4luigi:

Eliwood:4marth:
Daisy:4peach:
Clause:4lucas:
Chrom:4myfriends: and what :4lucina:&:4shulk: have.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If we didn't get a Ken costume for Ryu, a proper named Claus for Lucas, or a classic clothes Roy, then I don't think we will get much for the Inklings. Most likely just a 4 female/ 4 male selection. I'd say its possible we could get 16 costumes with 8 for Octolings, but I see this as unlikely.
Butt Sensbrick
Ders onlee 6 inking culrs in Sploon
howcanwehave8witjonly6
*Shot down*
My god, this grammar is gonna drive Kermit insane if he sees that :4pacman:
They could just pull a Little Mac with 6 Female / 6 Male
I think now that there's a Mint color in the Natural Ink Rotation, that's 7 Colors
Still 1 out of the picture :4pacman:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I wouldn't mind an Octoling alt, we need more villains after all.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'd just hope Inklings wouldn't be like Robin and split colours between male/female alts.
Callie and Marie alts are super unnecessary. They wouldn't even be good fits for alts, they're idols, not gun-toting fighters.
Who also double as secret agents who would presumably tote guns during missions.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
ok so i've been busy all day and heard some things floating around the internet. have you guys debunked the rumor of a character coming to smash in a couple of weeks yet or is it still active atm?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Oh, hell no
If I can't rock out as Black Ink Male I ain't buying it
I'mstillgonnabuyitanywayevenifwedon'tgetblackinkmale

C'mon, ya frickin' frick
Listen to the man, no Character Costumes allowed :4pacman:
Octarians work because of one reason, they are carbon copy of the Inklings so might as well and next game split out as a clone

And I can spell. Better than you

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Capcom Brawler - Chun-Li (Street Fighter) or Cody Travers (Final Fight)
Namco Gunner - KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
Sega Swordfighter - Alis Landale (OG Phantasy Star)
Sega Gunner - Shadow (just for the laughs)
Oh ****, I thought I was the only Alis Lansdale fan around these parts. I'd love to see her in actual Sega cross over games, as she is one of gamings first heroines... her game came out the same year as the first Metroid!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'd just hope Inklings wouldn't be like Robin and split colours between male/female alts.
Well if the Inklings do have Ink-related mechanics, it could get confusing of who's ink belongs to who if two of the same color are fighting eachother
Also basically killing an Inkling with their color of Ink would be silly
But when in doubt, trust in the Splatoon Squid Research Team!

Boom, 6 Colors divided into 2 groups of 3.
Just give Mint (The only natural color missing here) to one of them and some other color (Octoling Magenta?) to the odd one out and you're Ret-2-Go! :4pacman:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
So...
You took my post at face value and used it to springboard your point and make me look bad while fully aware I was being sarcastic? That just gives me more reason to be upset...
IWBTG-200.png

Last edited:

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Project x Zone's second promotional video is 14 minutes long! Darn, this just makes me even more excited.

Last edited:
This couldn't be more out of the blue but does anyone remember the Army men games?

because I just did and now i'm nostalgic as hell. Loved these games as a kid. too bad the series died somewhere around the gamecube era. . .(except that one game that is super kiddie)

Last edited:

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
I hope they release the Project x ZOne 2 Original Soundtrack Edition outside of Japan. I remember America getting a limited edition of the first game but Europe/Australia never got that. </3

>Phoenix and maya aren't even their own separate characters and are solo (essentially support from the looks of it)
At the very least they're still awesome in battle and finishing off with an Objection is perfect. You also get to fight in a courtroom. xD

I hope they release the Project x ZOne 2 Original Soundtrack Edition outside of Japan. I remember America getting a limited edition of the first game but Europe/Australia never got that. </3

At the very least they're still awesome in battle and finishing off with an Objection is perfect. You also get to fight in a courtroom. xD
looking up info they use the steel samurai as a move. . .That's pretty amazing but it's just not enough. Oh well I got Fiora , lucina, and freaking Chrom. Plus edgeworth shows up and the game looks pretty good so I guess I can't complain.

Seriously if Phoenix were ever made playable I demand the samurai's theme be a song. I don't even love the song but it is just necessary.
Pit and dark pit with palutena support when?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom