• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I think I understand what's going on... but I'm sure I don't care.

It's not like there are any options other than "wait it out" here no matter how rabid people want to get over these scraps being dangled above them.

From the few videos of Roger's that I've watched, he seems cool and likeable enough, but these guys don't even have the courtesy to provide you all with any actual information, regardless of its validity. I mean if you have the information, either keep mum or bloody well just tell people what it is. Don't pull the old dollar bill on a fishing line routine. It's not like the source needs to be disclosed.

OMG WE'RE GETTING A NINTENDO CHARACTER AS DLC?? One that "makes sense"? One that's "hype"? Who would've guessed? :rolleyes:

You guys are much too parched, lol.
.....You're actually absolutely right, and I feel pretty stupid now for having argued this leak for as long as I have.

Like....nothing of interest has really been said other than "something's coming in two weeks". The fact that it's a first party character who would please a lot of fans is something that should be expected. The objective behind the character DLC was stated by Sakurai himself to be fanservice. Were we supposed to expect a character nobody wanted?

This isn't a leak, it's a news timeframe.

Ouch.
Burb, bro, I know you're joking, and you know I've come to accept that Geno has no chance of making it.
But don't file him in with GOKU ;-; at least Geno is a game character from a Nintendo game ;-;
Goku hasn't been disconfirmed four times.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I think I understand what's going on... but I'm sure I don't care.

It's not like there are any options other than "wait it out" here no matter how rabid people want to get over these scraps being dangled above them.

From the few videos of Roger's that I've watched, he seems cool and likeable enough, but these guys don't even have the courtesy to provide you all with any actual information, regardless of its validity. I mean if you have the information, either keep mum or bloody well just tell people what it is. Don't pull the old dollar bill on a fishing line routine. It's not like the source needs to be disclosed.

OMG WE'RE GETTING A NINTENDO CHARACTER AS DLC?? One that "makes sense"? One that's "hype"? Who would've guessed? :rolleyes:

You guys are much too parched, lol.
I'm glad someone finally said it. I'm so sick of these leaks that basically amount to nothing, but I'm even more sick of everyone giving these vague leaks so much time of day. A leak needs to have characters or something more substantial; not vague statements that anybody could have come up with. Every time I checked back in this thread, it has only been filled with talks of these Twitter leaks. I don't understand what the big deal is. Can't we just wait and see?

Chrono.

I'm actually going to infract/ban everyone that says they'll eat a shoe for whatever reason, then not follow through with it.
That's why we go with Dora avatars instead.

Easy to follow up on and no medical complications :p

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I for one welcome the super obvious DLC character that is Batman.

He's a pillar of gaming now and has quality games on Nintendo systems.

Warner Brothers also will reveal that they've bought Nintendo in an attempt to counter Disney owning ****ing everything.
I would actually rather die than live in a world where Nintendo is owned by Warner Bros.
**** that.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Well, I beat Bloodborne...unknowingly taking the easy way out. But I'll have to come back to it and see what I missed another day, because as great as the game is, it also wore me out.

Now to find something else to fill my free time while waiting for more Smash DLC...

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Jeez, stop with the posts guys. I am so confused, a hundred different things have happened these past few days.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
So Nikki is making claims the shes very positive the Inklings are in Smash

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Jeez, stop with the posts guys. I am so confused, a hundred different things have happened these past few days.
Some people said on Twitter that there's gonna be a Smash announcement in two weeks, and that it's a first party character who "makes sense".

That's literally all there is to it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Nikki is a dataminer.

She's doing nothing but posting theories.

Ones that doesn't even make sense.

Directs for other games have never had a Smash trailer in them.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
So Nikki is making claims the shes very positive the Inklings are in Smash

She writes all of her predictions as if they're actually news.

She said last month that there would be Squid Sisters amiibo with the utmost certainty, and then later on said it was a prediction.

Nikki doesn't know anything except crap that's on the Splatoon disc. Stop.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Again, she's just ****posting

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So if Inklings are indeed playable will that affect King K. Rool's chances? Considering they both have mii costumes in the game.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
So if Inklings are indeed playable will that effect King K. Rool's chances? Considering they both have mii costumes in the game.
It will greatly affect people opinion on the "Mii costumes deconfirm/do nothing debate".

So yes.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Maybe Nikki is one of Sakurai's drones from the future that he sent back to give us false leads? :troll:

So if Inklings are indeed playable will that effect King K. Rool's chances? Considering they both have mii costumes in the game.
On the one hand official confirmations mii costumes aren't deconfirmation (Viridi joke goes here)

On the other Kostume K rool is much more likely to have been ballot content then inklings as a "consolation prize"

Whether or not it is true (or even this rumor is true) remains to be seen

Ivander

Smash Legend
lol, if i knew i'd blab about it? i've spoken to the people i need to about it, and that's the end of that. who's everyone hoping for?
For real: Inklings, King K. Rool, Isaac, Ray from Custom Robo, a surprise character.
For the lulz and rage: Daisy, a Fire Emblem character, a Kid Icarus character, an Indie that isn't Shantae or Shovel Knight, Lana.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Nikki is a dataminer.

She's doing nothing but posting theories.

Ones that doesn't even make sense.

Directs for other games have never had a Smash trailer in them.
That's true, and you're right, but considering both games are out now, it's possible they don't think it will make sales lean toward Smash so they could do it...
But I don't think so. Especially when it'd be extremely obvious who it was.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Code Veronica X, Resident Evil 4, and Resident Evil Outbreak. The first two I know are really good (I'm enjoying Code Veronica over X more) but I think Outbreak wasn't that great apparently. They're also on the PS2 just so you know.
Haven't played Code Veronica X yet or Outbreak (don't intend to play that one though!) but Resident Evil 4 is great.
If you like CVX, play REmake, because it's amazing.
If you like RE4, play Revelations and Revelations 2 (love them both but especially 2)

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Haven't played Code Veronica X yet or Outbreak (don't intend to play that one though!) but Resident Evil 4 is great.
If you like CVX, play REmake, because it's amazing.
If you like RE4, play Revelations and Revelations 2 (love them both but especially 2)
Yeah, while the tank controls take time to get used to, I like the way the older Resident Evil games played. Not to say the other ones are bad, I just like the emphasis on puzzles more that Code Veronica has.

Also played the demo for revelations. It was pretty good, though the right analog stick would've helped.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Moving on from this leak drama

Since it recently premiered here in Northern Mexico. Has anyone here watched the new Inspector Gadget? I'm kind of iffy on it. Mainly do to shortening the episodes into two 11 minute episodes, the characterization of Dr. Claw, and Talon.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
New figma.

I am buying this. With money.

I am an adult.
About damn time. The announced this the same time they did Lucina, like 2 and a half years ago. Skyward Sword Link just doesn't cut it.

Chrono.

The only figmas I plan on getting are Pit and Dark Pit.

But that ALBW Link is tempting

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Thanks for using my post to make a generalization that doesn't really apply to me.
I really appreciate it.
I apologize. My intention was simply to pose a counter-point to the "Twitter is better" argument, not lump you into some generalization.

In truth, yours is a voice I hold a lot of respect for amongst this mess, so I'm legitimately concerned that this is the message you got from me quoting you. I honestly don't know what you're referring to, but I trust you if you say I've made a mistake. Could you please tell me where I've misspoke so I can clarify? In or out of PM is fine, whichever you're more comfortable with.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

So this just happened.
>Highlight Reels
Yuck. :drshrug:
Upload the whole thing, das what I always do.
More Content = Better Content
...except for Crusade
But they're fixing that
So good on them :4pacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom