• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Tama Tama , I see that you're having a tough time with this, so I wanted to say something, I know that it can be a living nightmare sometimes, and people will say things, but please don't give up, you're the guy that found out why Sonic Boom sucked, you're the guy that found out that Nintendo intended to buy the rights to Harry Potter, you're the guy that found out about that pitch for that ''Kid Icarus'' game, I believe in you, now go, go and show them all that you can make some good lemonade, because when life gives you lemons, it's time to make some lemonade! :)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Man, can we go a few days without senseless arguments?

All there is here is salt and anger.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
So, one of the supposed "leakers" apparently answered some more questions.
View attachment 76983
View attachment 76984
Yep. It's 100% confirmed
I mean, I would laugh at that other one too, honestly. It's such an underhanded way of trying to get info out of him by like claiming you understand but then slapping the "people don't believe you know anything" to try and get him to spill it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Man, can we go a few days without senseless arguments?

All there is here is salt and anger.
Apparently not. But like Jerry Springer that's why people come to see the peanut gallery, so someone out there is in the glory of Schadenfreude.

Tama

Smash Apprentice
Tama Tama , I see that you're having a tough time with this, so I wanted to say something, I know that it can be a living nightmare sometimes, and people will say things, but please don't give up, you're the guy that found out why Sonic Boom sucked, you're the guy that found out that Nintendo intended to buy the rights to Harry Potter, you're the guy that found out about that pitch for that ''Kid Icarus'' game, I believe in you, now go, go and show them all that you can make some good lemonade, because when life gives you lemons, it's time to make some lemonade! :)
Thanks! No giving up here.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm seeing people talk about Krystal. Why do people like her? I'm very unfamiliar with her so all I know is essentially 'would be different from the Star Fox Trio' though I'm sure there's more to it
Because I love Star Fox Adventures and she's a big part of that.

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
I mean, I would laugh at that other one too, honestly. It's such an underhanded way of trying to get info out of him by like claiming you understand but then slapping the "people don't believe you know anything" to try and get him to spill it.
To be fair, I wasn't trying to get him to spill the beans, I'll be honest, I worded it wrong. I'll also be honest, I should've stayed out of that.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Ya'll need to learn how to talk about leaks without turning it into a win/lose scenario. You don't win if you correctly guess something is real, and you don't lose if you incorrectly guess something is fake.

Just let it ride.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
So, what's the status on the twitter posts regarding Nintendo news? I know the whole story, but is there something else that was mentioned that has got people saying Inkling?

Also, Mother 3 was great to play through. Sad, yet great way to end the game. Now I just want more songs from Mother 3 in Smash (With the already perfect representation it has). Guess I'll just continue finishing up Earthbound Beginnings or find another game to play (Most likely Resident Evil since I have 3 games from the series now).

Last edited:

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
Funny how a simple text leak has pretty much gotten everyone stark raving mad. I've seen many come and go but this one is really pushing a lot of people's buttons. I hope we get something soon but remember that it's not the end of the world if we don't get more info by this month. I don't really have to say this to you guys tbh, since you are all pretty calm but this is more of a note for passerby's.

Also Ice Climbers are confirmed for Melee, I have no evidence but I have a twitter and I posted on Reddit at one point in my life so that makes me credible.

Loot!! LOOT!! Run and shout!! Call Etika!! Buy More Mii Costumes!!

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
...Why? How many arguments has it been this week? And it really doesn't help that they become hateful and on-going. And for the bunch of us that just try to wait patiently and have some quiet speculation or fun discussion:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I'm seeing people talk about Krystal. Why do people like her? I'm very unfamiliar with her so all I know is essentially 'would be different from the Star Fox Trio' though I'm sure there's more to it
I guess this is my responsibility, heh. Anyways...

Same reason anyone likes any character. It doesn't necessarily need a justifiable reason and it's not always the same between fans.

For myself though, I've always been a Star Fox fan but I'm actually one of those people that really loved Adventures and Assault. Back before Brawl I wanted another Star Fox rep and my top choices were Wolf and Krystal, though I supported Krystal a bit more due to the moveset potential I saw. When Wolf got in, Krystal was obviously next in line in my eyes. I started supporting Krystal in this game well before Smash 4 came out just assuming Wolf would come back. He didn't, so then I felt I had to support both.

Specifically, I like Krystal because she represents Adventures and Assault and though her character isn't really well developed, she still has all the foundation pieces to being a really interesting character. She's likable enough for me anyways, though that's subjective and where a lot of people are split. In terms of her moveset and stuff, well, I'm sure you've heard the staff mentioned before. That easily realizable potentially unique moveset just makes her stand out a bit, especially relative to her Star Fox cohorts. Plus, when I think about the staff's abilities and Krystal's abilities to use it as a physical weapon, I just believe I'd immediately love that moveset.

There's lots of other characters I support too but a mixture of my long time interest, her potential uniqueness, her decent chance, and my care for her franchise and Smash bros too has lead me to be 100% behind her inclusion. If she was already in the game, I could see myself being in Isaac's corner for instance for similar reasons though I haven't played Golden Sun in years.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I guess this is my responsibility, heh. Anyways...

Some reason anyone likes any character. It doesn't necessarily need a justifiable reason and it's not always the same between fans.

For myself though, I've always been a Star Fox fan but I'm actually one of those people that really loved Adventures and Assault. Back before Brawl I wanted another Star Fox rep and my top choices were Wolf and Krystal, though I supported Krystal a bit more due to the moveset potential I saw. When Wolf got in, Krystal was obviously next in line in my eyes. I started supporting Krystal in this game well before Smash 4 came out just assuming Wolf would come back. He didn't, so then I felt I had to support both.

Specifically, I like Krystal because she represents Adventures and Assault and though her character isn't really well developed, she still has all the foundation pieces to being a really interesting character. She's likable enough for me anyways, though that's subjective and where a lot of people are split. In terms of her moveset and stuff, well, I'm sure you've heard the staff mentioned before. That easily realizable potentially unique moveset just makes her stand out a bit, especially relative to her Star Fox cohorts. Plus, when I think about the staff's abilities and Krystal's abilities to use it as a physical weapon, I just believe I'd immediately love that moveset.

There's lots of other characters I support too but a mixture of my long time interest, her potential uniqueness, her decent chance, and my care for her franchise and Smash bros too has lead me to be 100% behind her inclusion. If she was already in the game, I could see myself being in Isaac's corner for instance for similar reasons though I haven't played Golden Sun in years.
To each their own I guess, from what little I saw Krystal never captivated me but eh

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
You know, I'm starting to think that Shovel Knight would actually be a pretty ballin character.
Shovel Knight stresses ABAP.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Wait... wait on these screenshots from Hyrule Warriors of Skull kid...
Is that... is that Space Ripper Stingy Eyes on the bottom left?

SKULL KID CONFIRMED FOR JOJO VAMPIRE.
MAJORAS MASK ACTUALLY CONFIRMED FOR STONE MASK.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, what's the status on the twitter posts regarding Nintendo news? I know the whole story, but is there something else that was mentioned that has got people saying Inkling?
Let me put it this way: Have you ever heard that one song call Ballroom Blitz? The one by the hair metal band Sweet? If not then I'd recommend it, it's a great hair metal song, but I digress...

Basically what I'm getting at we've off the deep end, and everything including ourselves have been thrown in the air all the while at each other's throats.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Skullskull's bizarreadventure!

Somecallmejohnny's doing MN9 on spotlight. Lets see if the funding truly went to waste

D

Deleted member

Now we just need him to shout MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA and we'll have our Dio expy

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
To each their own I guess, from what little I saw Krystal never captivated me but eh
That's what makes horse races... or in this case, Smash ballots.

It's easy enough for me to understand why people don't "get" Krystal. I don't think it's obvious in terms of her character. I think people can at least appreciate the moveset potential. Thing is, plenty of characters have good moveset potential. It's just a matter of preference and interest in the character already.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Grow up.

Also, I heard this supposed character that those guys are going on about is the inklings from Splatoon. That's basically a rumour about a rumour, but nobody's denied it.

I dont know if there's any truth to their rumour, but I think it's a bit unfair to everyone that they're showing off about apparently knowing, while refusing to go on record about the specific character in case it's wrong. I believe in letting people know what you've heard, instead of just being vague and teasing; it doesn't matter if it's wrong.
I can agree with this statement I feel that they aren't naming anyone because it's either fake or they want attention. I find it a bit of both This way, if by the like 5% chance something happens in the next two weeks, they can say see we were right, while also being wrong as we truly don't know what they supposedly know if anything. This is a key reason why I have no faith in this right now, but let's see what happens. I think they are just piggybacking off of each other, but mainly off of Rogerbase who indicates he knows nothing about smash. If any of them are real, rogers is the only one that could potentially be legit imo. That's just my thoughts on the matter.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Skullskull's bizarreadventure!

Somecallmejohnny's doing MN9 on spotlight. Lets see if the funding truly went to waste
Oh right MN9. I saw the video not too long ago. And I have to say, especially with all the bull that's been happening with both the Kickstarter, Mighty No. 9 as a whole, and the whole Red Ash incident, it's not that bad. Granted there are definitely some areas that need improvement: Like I didn't really care some of the graphics (like the lack of lip-syncing or the effects being underwhelming at times), and Call could've emoted (also "Dr. White"? Really?!), but apart from that I liked it enough. It's what you'd expect from a Mega Man game.

And since it's coming out on every platform and its mother, I don't see a reason why not to give it a go.

Edit: Plus giving it the benefit of the doubt for a second, it's a demo after all. I'm sure it's not going to exactly represent the final product.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ya'll need to learn how to talk about leaks without turning it into a win/lose scenario. You don't win if you correctly guess something is real, and you don't lose if you incorrectly guess something is fake.

Just let it ride.
I have been saying this for months.

With you guys, someone has to win and someone has to lose.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I have been saying this for months.

With you guys, someone has to win and someone has to lose.
This is mainly why I really don't care for in depth speculation over a video game like this anymore, after what was the Ridley speculation days. This behavior is honestly reminiscence of it, imo.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I can agree with this statement I feel that they aren't naming anyone because it's either fake or they want attention. I find it a bit of both This way, if by the like 5% chance something happens in the next two weeks, they can say see we were right, while also being wrong as we truly don't know what they supposedly know if anything. This is a key reason why I have no faith in this right now, but let's see what happens. I think they are just piggybacking off of each other, but mainly off of Rogerbase who indicates he knows nothing about smash. If any of them are real, rogers is the only one that could potentially be legit imo. That's just my thoughts on the matter.
Not entirely true though. Roger can't say anything because he was a Nintendo employee and Nintendo does actually follow him and stuff, so they'd probably be able to figure out who he learned it from if it's legit and he told people. And the other 2 that are piggybacking off him are his friends and claiming he told them (at least Stealth claimed he learned it from Roger) which means if either of them say who it is, Roger will be implicated and Nintendo will hunt down whoever told Roger basically.
It's possible they are just pretending, but if they're not pretending, then it'd make sense that they aren't saying anything because they would get someone in serious trouble if they did.

Roger already made sure he didn't confirm if it was Smash-related or not by claiming it was just Nintendo-related (probably to avoid hinting at what team at Nintendo gave him intel) The other two are the ones who claimed he said it was Smash-related but they probably shouldn't have gone that far even.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I just want to say one thing. We definitely need to set some things straight.

The leak is currently up in the air as we speak. Anything can happen between now and then (in 2 weeks.)

Right now, is the perfect time to strike. It's just early enough so we can know the legitimacy ahead of time. We need someone to contact any of them. I'm honestly trying the best that I can with this. I don't even know what the heck is even going on anymore or if even one of them was talked to.

I just feel like we should verify ASAP so we can put this thing on its death bed once and for all.

That's all I ask.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Not entirely true though. Roger can't say anything because he was a Nintendo employee and Nintendo does actually follow him and stuff, so they'd probably be able to figure out who he learned it from if it's legit and he told people. And the other 2 that are piggybacking off him are his friends and claiming he told them (at least Stealth claimed he learned it from Roger) which means if either of them say who it is, Roger will be implicated and Nintendo will hunt down whoever told Roger basically.
It's possible they are just pretending, but if they're not pretending, then it'd make sense that they aren't saying anything because they would get someone in serious trouble if they did.

Roger already made sure he didn't confirm if it was Smash-related or not by claiming it was just Nintendo-related (probably to avoid hinting at what team at Nintendo gave him intel) The other two are the ones who claimed he said it was Smash-related but they probably shouldn't have gone that far even.
I'm aware they are friends, which is why I feel they are piggybacking. Roger seems to be ignoring( to my knowledge anyway) and they act really trollish when asked questions. Roger is at least professional and isn't teasing beyond the first post. That's why I feel his friends are lying so they can join the fun essentially.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Oh right MN9. I saw the video not too long ago. And I have to say, especially with all the bull that's been happening with both the Kickstarter, Mighty No. 9 as a whole, and the whole Red Ash incident, it's not that bad. Granted there are definitely some areas that need improvement: Like I didn't really care some of the graphics (like the lack of lip-syncing or the effects being underwhelming at times), and Call could've emoted (also "Dr. White"? Really?!), but apart from that I liked it enough. It's what you'd expect from a Mega Man game.

And since it's coming out on every platform and its mother, I don't see a reason why not to give it a go.

Edit: Plus giving it the benefit of the doubt for a second, it's a demo after all. I'm sure it's not going to exactly represent the final product.
there's no point. confirmation bias

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Also, Mother 3 was great to play through. Sad, yet great way to end the game. Now I just want more songs from Mother 3 in Smash (With the already perfect representation it has). Guess I'll just continue finishing up Earthbound Beginnings or find another game to play (Most likely Resident Evil since I have 3 games from the series now).
Well I'd recommend getting EB Beginnings out of the way first, but...
Which 3 games and which version of Resident Evil?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

The leak is currently up in the air as we speak. Anything can happen between now and then (in 2 weeks.)

Right now, is the perfect time to strike. It's just early enough so we can know the legitimacy ahead of time. We need someone to contact any of them. I'm honestly trying the best that I can with this. I don't even know what the heck is even going on anymore or if even one of them was talked to.

I just feel like we should verify ASAP so we can put this thing on its death bed once and for all.

That's all I ask.
You know my opinion on this.

I think Vaanrose put it well...
Just let it ride.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
That voice acting though....

The game still looks pretty decent, the graphics are bleh, and the fact that the character's lips don't move is just dumb, but I'll probably get it at some point.

The button problem Johnny had seemed rather strange though.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158

That's all I ask.
I disagree. I don't think it should be pursued until some kind of validity is seen. For instance, if Nintendo announced a Nintendo Direct, it would add a (very very small) bit of credibility, and I might be slightly more interested. IF they really did have some info but didn't want to share it, I really don't think people bugging them would make them change their minds. And if they don't actually have any info, they're just going to continue the false hype train for fun.

For now, I think the smartest thing to do is say "I hope they're right, and a character gets revealed soon!" and leave it at that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom