• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
My views on the ballot right now is that it may still be up.
But any votes past the closing point (whenever it closed on October 3rd) will now not count.
But it's still up until further notice
This exactly sounds more believable than the other one

Hey /v/, NoC employee here who talks to a couple NoA employees on skype quite frequiently, OP is obviously lying but here's some actual info: There's gonna be a Halloween-themed Nintendo Direct on the 14th showing off some new stuff, mainly a MASSIVE Splatoon Halloween update and some Smash Ballot stuff. It apparently starts off with Bill Trinen dressed as the Villager from Animal Crossing, he introduces Series 2 of the AC Amiibo cards (out in December for Japan, January for NA) and some AC Happy Home Designer DLC, he then talks some more about Fatal Frame V (physical release in December), Zelda Tri Force Heroes, Chibi Robo Zip Lash, Fire Emblem Fates (release date is Feb. 13th BTW), basically stuff you guys already know. It then switches over to Reggie (dressed as Mario) who introduces all of the Splatoon stuff. There's going to be a Splatfest on the 31st (theme is Trick Vs. Treat) along with an update that adds a crapload of weapons and about 2 or 3 maps (one might be held back until next month). The Octoling stuff you guys have heard about will also come out at the same time, and they'll also announce Callie & Marie and Octoling amiibos (Callie & Marie are a double pack and they'll cost about $25, and the Octoling is exclusive to Walmart), those will come out in January alongside the AC Cards. Reggie then talks about Yoshi's Woolly World, Star Fox Zero (out on March 26th), Xenoblade, and SMTxFE for a bit, and then shows off new Pikmin-themed MK8 DLC (Olimar and Alph are playable characters now, and the SS Dolphin is a new vehicle).

Sakurai shows up at the end of the Direct to show off the Lucas, Roy, and Ryu amiibos (launch alongside FE:Fates on Feb.13th, Roy will be playable in Fates just like the other FE amiibos) and to talk a little bit about the Smash Ballot. Sakurai explains that they were so overwhelmed by votes so don't be surprised if your choice didn't make it in. He shows off a trailer for Wolf (returing character trailers are easy to make since they don't need to make an animation for it, this is why the K. Rool and Shovel Knight trailers won't be shown until next month in a dedicated Smash direct), who will launch alongside the Mii Fighter and Falco amiibos on Nov. 20th (K. Rool and SK will also come out on the same day, but will be revealed in a direct either on the 19th or on the 20th in the morning). Sakurai thanks the viewers for their patience for more Smash content, and the Direct ends there.
I wish this was real.
But if we got anymore MK8 DLC Captain falcon better be in it. Or a new F Zero. Even GX in HD Would be great
The Royucas amiibo's will be instant purchases.
Wolf being back and K Rool and Shovel Knight would be great.
The new Splatoon Amiibo also instant purchases.
Essentially this Direct sounds too good to be true.
But if it was real. It would be great.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Brawl and Smash 4 aren't balanced very well either.
Smash 4 has the best balance, true, but still, every patch certain characters despite being universally thought as terrible, are never touched. Or barely touched.
I'm aware, but I feel like Melee's about as bad as Brawl in terms of balance
What? Melee is a perfect balanced game!
*fox koes opponent at 60%*
See?

*Yoshi does a framelock*
OMG SMASH 4 UNVALACED NERF PLS!!!1!!!1!!
That reminds me, a friend is just like ZeRo. Whines about a character being OP when losing. His most common complaint is Shulk's counter and his most recent ones were 'They need to nerf the Lightning Kick and Farore's Wind, Zelda's moves are too good'

I wish I was joking

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hello there Smash peoples. :D
Greetings.

See?

*Yoshi does a framelock*
OMG SMASH 4 UNVALACED NERF PLS!!!1!!!1!!
Still, I can't really blame it on whining but more so being spoiled on patches. Now instead of having to take it and deal with it, we just let papa Sakurai deal with it for us. Which is both a good thing and a bad thing.

D

Deleted member

Sometimes I feel like the only one that likes Ganon's facial expressions
Because they represent him perfectly
Because to him, Smash is a joke and he laughs at opponents who think they can defeat him
This is why disrepect is set to MAX
I'm aware, but I feel like Melee's about as bad as Brawl in terms of balance

That reminds me, a friend is just like ZeRo. Whines about a character being OP when losing. His most common complaint is Shulk's counter and his most recent ones were 'They need to nerf the Lightning Kick and Farore's Wind, Zelda's moves are too good'

I wish I was joking
I'm honestly a salty **** when it comes to Zelda
Everything about her sucks but then Farore Wind makes it impossible for me to play agaisnt her
Also, lol at nerfing counters
I remember when I fought a couple of my noobish friends in Smash Bros.
I wrecked then with Lucina because they are terrible.

Gets a F-Smash read.

:^)
Still prefer my group of friends who all think Ganon is OP
Some of the claims are
"Warlock Punch is too strong"
"Up-Tilt is too strong"
"He killed himself and won!"
"Being slow and having a bad recovery don't balance out his power"
"Up smash too stronk"

My favorite battle wil always be a 1v1 of my Ganon agaisnt one of their Mii Brawler
He kept spamming Headache Maker on Battlefield and I just stayed below the platforms and punished with fully charged Up-Smashes

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hello there Smash peoples. :D
Oh, you're back. It's been a while. Not really.

How are you doing?

Speaking of Zelda, it would be nice if it was a little bit easier to hit the sweetspots of the forward and back aerials. Or just buff the sour spots so they deal a bit more of knockback.

She also could be a bit faster. Same for some of her moves.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Man, I love watching Abadongo's Pac-Man. So hype. :D

D

Deleted member

Honestly, the most unbalaced thing in Smash history will always be pre-Smash 4 ledge mechanics imo
Camping and early kills are somehow seen as okay in the competitive community
It gives a huge disadvantage to anyone without a hitbox in their recovery
And even if you do, say hi to +100% getup roll

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It seems the safe and predictable Ballot choices are Wolf, K. Rool and Shovel Knight.

All cool characters, don't get me wrong, but I want to be surprised. And I think we just might be.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Brawl and Smash 4 aren't balanced very well either.
Smash 4 has the best balance, true, but still, every patch certain characters despite being universally thought as terrible, are never touched. Or barely touched.
Zelda is a really bad example, she has been getting regularly buffed in the patching, and Smash 4's patching in general has been attentive to percieved low tiers. The only largely-considered low tiers who have been untouched in patches are Jigglypuff (whose case is very low-profile and not many people really complain about), and King Dedede (who the Japanese still rank mid tier in their tier lists for whatever reason, and while a lot of people here been ranking him at the bottom, it still has yet to be universal).

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Ehh, I disagree that Melee is as unbalanced as Brawl. Brawl's unbalance gap was far away wider by comparison. Whether Melee is a balanced game or not is up for debate I guess though? (I'm in the camp that Fox is a tad OP and I don't really care for wavedashing)

See?
Poor example since you can get early KOs with many characters. So Fox KOing someone at 60% isn't exclusive to him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I see you're unbanned. :p Man that was a long time ago. . .

Big House 5 on LOL worlds are on at the same time. . . I cant watch both AND do homework :/ plus I want to try Other M as well. . .
I wonder if people understand that it was a self-requested ban.

I mean c'mon, this place might be an echobox but going as far as to ban someone for having a different opinion is going a bit far. :p

Also, Other M sucks, you'll find out on your own though. It's not just the story and cheap writing, but the level design is sub-par, and the mechanics counter-intuitive. It very well deserves its title as the worst Metroid, though Federation Force might rectify that...

Oh, you're back. It's been a while. Not really.

How are you doing?
I've been alright dude. Million things going on, but it's been exciting.

Lotsa changes happening, so it's great.

Still working on that comic btw.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
ZeRo VS ESAM
ZeRo, Lose
ZeRo, Lose
LET THERE BE A NEW CHAMP

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Smash 4 is honestly one of the more balanced fighting games I have ever played. Sure, some characters are still underwhelming, but we never know with future patches. Just look at Ike.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
It seems the safe and predictable Ballot choices are Wolf, K. Rool and Shovel Knight.

All cool characters, don't get me wrong, but I want to be surprised. And I think we just might be.
I kinda hope so to.I mean if any of those 3 got in it would be hype but i do want to be surprised

D

Deleted member

Ehh, I disagree that Melee is as unbalanced as Brawl. Brawl's unbalance gap was far away wider by comparison. Whether Melee is a balanced game or not is up for debate I guess though? (I'm in the camp that Fox is a tad OP)

Poor example since you can get early KOs with many characters. So Fox KOing someone at 60% isn't exclusive to him.
Tell me how do I do it with Samus?
Or with almost every low tier in Melee

Naoshi

Smash 4 is honestly one of the more balanced fighting games I have ever played. Sure, some characters are still underwhelming, but we never know with future patches. Just look at Ike.
I'm still waiting for Jigglypuff buffs myself.

Tell me how do I do it with Samus?
Or with almost every low tier in Melee
Speaking in general, not just competitively. Although I've never said really low-tier characters could do it though.

I agree with the notion that Fox is p. OP though

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ganondorf has also come a long way since Brawl. He's been getting plenty of buffs in the latest patches. :4ganondorf: #DorfPatrol

Regardless, he's always been fun to play.

Also, Other M sucks, you'll find out on your own though. It's not just the story and cheap writing, but the level design is sub-par, and the mechanics counter-intuitive. It very well deserves its title as the worst Metroid, though Federation Force might rectify that...

Oh I know but I kind of want to play all of them :p Plus it was cheap.

I still say Federation Force looks fine

Go Esam even if I hate pikachu

D

Deleted member

Best overall buffs Smash 4 has done between pafches were Ike and Falco, without a doubt
Falco feels completely different and Ike is now really fun to play as
Ganondorf has also come a long way since Brawl. He's been getting plenty of buffs in the latest patches. :4ganondorf: #DorfPatrol

Regardless, he's always been fun to play.
Latest patch gave a huge buff to his NAir and each patch seems to be increasing the shield damage on Aerial Wizard's Foot
When I got the game, it destroyed about half of the shield, now it does about the same as Jiggly's Pound

Last edited by a moderator:

Naoshi

Really weird how Jigglypuff never received anything in these balance patches. I'm gonna be disappointed if she gets no buffs by the final balance patch.

#BuffthePuff2015

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Really weird how Jigglypuff never received anything in these balance patches. I'm gonna be disappointed if she gets no buffs by the final balance patch.

#BuffthePuff2015
Puff is already god tier obviously. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Make Rest KO Bowser at 2%
Make Sing and its customs good
If you make them good, you can't use them as disrespect tools
But let's make Rest break shields completely
It's gonna be fun to watch both characters stunned at the same time

D

Deleted member

Oh I know but I kind of want to play all of them :p Plus it was cheap.

I still say Federation Force looks fine

Go Esam even if I hate pikachu
Nah, the art style goes against everything Metroid is supposed to be about. Even as a spinoff, it's wasted potential, there is no fidelity to the source material, and an obvious cash in.

Though excessive, the backlash is well justified imo. It's clear it began as a new IP and was rebranded as a Metroid spinoff for name recognition. It also doesn't help that they're not working on any mainline Metroids.

I disagree, there are a lot of dumb design choices when it comes to character balance, making for a lot of annoying fights. Roy, L.Mac, and Sonic come to mind.

Also, counters being as strong and common as they are is absurd. It's clear Smash wasn't balanced for 1v.1 play.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If you make them good, you can't use them as disrespect tools
But let's make Rest break shields completely
It's gonna be fun to watch both characters stunned at the same time
EVERYTIME SOMEONE PUTS A SHIELD AGAINST MY PUFF, IT'S WHEN I USE REST DAMMIT
Nah, the art style goes against everything Metroid is supposed to be about. Even as a spinoff, it's wasted potential, there is no fidelity to the source material, and an obvious cash in.

Though excessive, the backlash is well justified imo. It's clear it began as a new IP and was rebranded as a Metroid spinoff for name recognition. It also doesn't help that they're not working on any mainline Metroids.
Also, counters being as strong and common as they are is absurd. It's clear Smash wasn't balanced for 1v.1 play.
*Was planned 10 years ago
*Meant for emphasis on GF so they are more than the feds

lol, counters have been multipliers since Roy in Melee iirc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom