• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does it have the ballot picture but nothing about it?
It's lower down in a different post (assuming it's the same guy.)

Other than the eshop stuff it isn't the most absurd thing i've ever heard (strange we were just talking about Smash 64)
calling fake because text leak with way too much info for one person etc etc

EDIT
http://nintendoeverything.com/ryu-roy-leaked-for-smash-bros-wii-u3ds/

It's interesting that everyone seems to be forgetting about this...
and wait...
when were they officially revealed?
On a Sunday.
that isn't direct content. It's game content. Completely different

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last edited:

Zekrom101

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zekrom101
Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The day Linebeck is in Hyrule Warriora is the day I can die in peace

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
This exactly sounds more believable than the other one

Hey /v/, NoC employee here who talks to a couple NoA employees on skype quite frequiently, OP is obviously lying but here's some actual info: There's gonna be a Halloween-themed Nintendo Direct on the 14th showing off some new stuff, mainly a MASSIVE Splatoon Halloween update and some Smash Ballot stuff. It apparently starts off with Bill Trinen dressed as the Villager from Animal Crossing, he introduces Series 2 of the AC Amiibo cards (out in December for Japan, January for NA) and some AC Happy Home Designer DLC, he then talks some more about Fatal Frame V (physical release in December), Zelda Tri Force Heroes, Chibi Robo Zip Lash, Fire Emblem Fates (release date is Feb. 13th BTW), basically stuff you guys already know. It then switches over to Reggie (dressed as Mario) who introduces all of the Splatoon stuff. There's going to be a Splatfest on the 31st (theme is Trick Vs. Treat) along with an update that adds a crapload of weapons and about 2 or 3 maps (one might be held back until next month). The Octoling stuff you guys have heard about will also come out at the same time, and they'll also announce Callie & Marie and Octoling amiibos (Callie & Marie are a double pack and they'll cost about $25, and the Octoling is exclusive to Walmart), those will come out in January alongside the AC Cards. Reggie then talks about Yoshi's Woolly World, Star Fox Zero (out on March 26th), Xenoblade, and SMTxFE for a bit, and then shows off new Pikmin-themed MK8 DLC (Olimar and Alph are playable characters now, and the SS Dolphin is a new vehicle).

Sakurai shows up at the end of the Direct to show off the Lucas, Roy, and Ryu amiibos (launch alongside FE:Fates on Feb.13th, Roy will be playable in Fates just like the other FE amiibos) and to talk a little bit about the Smash Ballot. Sakurai explains that they were so overwhelmed by votes so don't be surprised if your choice didn't make it in. He shows off a trailer for Wolf (returing character trailers are easy to make since they don't need to make an animation for it, this is why the K. Rool and Shovel Knight trailers won't be shown until next month in a dedicated Smash direct), who will launch alongside the Mii Fighter and Falco amiibos on Nov. 20th (K. Rool and SK will also come out on the same day, but will be revealed in a direct either on the 19th or on the 20th in the morning). Sakurai thanks the viewers for their patience for more Smash content, and the Direct ends there.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Has anyone thought to check the web coding of the movies section on the site? I doubt anything will come from it, but it is still odd that the American sites section just up and died.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Hey /v/, NoC employee here who talks to a couple NoA employees on skype quite frequiently, OP is obviously lying but here's some actual info: There's gonna be a Halloween-themed Nintendo Direct on the 14th showing off some new stuff, mainly a MASSIVE Splatoon Halloween update and some Smash Ballot stuff. It apparently starts off with Bill Trinen dressed as the Villager from Animal Crossing, he introduces Series 2 of the AC Amiibo cards (out in December for Japan, January for NA) and some AC Happy Home Designer DLC, he then talks some more about Fatal Frame V (physical release in December), Zelda Tri Force Heroes, Chibi Robo Zip Lash, Fire Emblem Fates (release date is Feb. 13th BTW), basically stuff you guys already know. It then switches over to Reggie (dressed as Mario) who introduces all of the Splatoon stuff. There's going to be a Splatfest on the 31st (theme is Trick Vs. Treat) along with an update that adds a crapload of weapons and about 2 or 3 maps (one might be held back until next month). The Octoling stuff you guys have heard about will also come out at the same time, and they'll also announce Callie & Marie and Octoling amiibos (Callie & Marie are a double pack and they'll cost about $25, and the Octoling is exclusive to Walmart), those will come out in January alongside the AC Cards. Reggie then talks about Yoshi's Woolly World, Star Fox Zero (out on March 26th), Xenoblade, and SMTxFE for a bit, and then shows off new Pikmin-themed MK8 DLC (Olimar and Alph are playable characters now, and the SS Dolphin is a new vehicle).

Sakurai shows up at the end of the Direct to show off the Lucas, Roy, and Ryu amiibos (launch alongside FE:Fates on Feb.13th, Roy will be playable in Fates just like the other FE amiibos) and to talk a little bit about the Smash Ballot. Sakurai explains that they were so overwhelmed by votes so don't be surprised if your choice didn't make it in. He shows off a trailer for Wolf (returing character trailers are easy to make since they don't need to make an animation for it, this is why the K. Rool and Shovel Knight trailers won't be shown until next month in a dedicated Smash direct), who will launch alongside the Mii Fighter and Falco amiibos on Nov. 20th (K. Rool and SK will also come out on the same day, but will be revealed in a direct either on the 19th or on the 20th in the morning). Sakurai thanks the viewers for their patience for more Smash content, and the Direct ends there.
I swear everyone is just piggybacking off NWPlayer's predictions.

D

Deleted member

>bunch of Halloween stuff
>Only Splatoon gets a themed one
I was hoping for a spooky smash update but apparently not
0/10 would strawgrasp
And Marin
Fixed

kylexv

Smash Master

Believable until Mario Kart 8 DLC

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

I don't buy it by virtue of being a Direct leak but it's certainly interesting.
Can't see any more MK8 DLC happening, sadly.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Mmm, I dug through the HTML and doesn't look like there's anything interesting.
But I'm also not a source code expert at ALL so I dunno.
Does the movie section even have the trailers for Ryu Roy and Lucas?

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Smash Bros will get a ton of new Mii costumes to coincide with Halloween. The costumes will be of the most requested characters, and that's what makes them scary.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
To be honest, I am reeeeeeaaaaaally skeptical about indie characters being playable. Mii Fighter costumes might be possible, but I just don't see indie characters having the non-bandwagon exposure to be playable outright.

I could totally be proven wrong, mind you, but I'm taking any leaks with Shantae/Shovel Knight in them with a fist-sized crystal of salt.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
>Is playing Classic mode
>Vs. Fox on Corneria
>Star Wolf Theme
>Got Wolf trophy

Why must you tease me like that, game? :urg:

:p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
A little foreshadowing never hurt anyone. :p
Hopefully, it's foreshadowing! :p

But really, what are the chances? lol

And I was playing as Lucas...

I just sent this to check if the ballot still worked:

It does.
(I actually want this btw)
I admit that would be cool.

Though I wouldn't call the TP designs ugly... Zelda and Sheik look particularly great.

And I kinda would like to hear Link and Ganondorf's Ocarina of Time voices again.

http://oddshot.tv/shot/vgbootcamp-2015100417555965

Welcome to Melee where It's not a bug it's a feature
Bugs in Smash 4? OMG bugs plz patch.
Bugs in Melee? Advanced techniques that give depth to the game.

:smirk:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I admit that would be cool.

Though I wouldn't call the TP designs ugly... Zelda and Sheik look particularly great.

And I kinda would like to hear Link and Ganondorf's Ocarina of Time voices again.
:smirk:
I don't know, I don't like any of them. Link and Zelda look fine but their faces...heeughh

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well since it is the final day. I too decided to cast my last vote:

I think it's plausible.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Disregarding obscure indie character, it seemed kinda believable until he mentioned that K. Rool and Shovel Knight would need animations. Ryu didn't get one.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Selective bias.

Though to be fair, Melee was released in a time without proper online functionality, so no patches there.
Melee had a short development cycle and essentially rushed.

If Sakurai had been given more time back then, things would have been quite different.

Perhaps, some characters wouldn't have made it at all such as Roy and Dr. Mario, two characters that have gained fans and made their return in Smash 4. Ganondorf would've been very different and maybe Wario if he was given a moveset during Melee's time.

Still impressive how the game managed to have the amount of content it has, even though Sakurai did admit he worked extremely hard on it, skipping holidays and reducing sleep time.

I don't know, I don't like any of them. Link and Zelda look fine but their faces...heeughh
Well, even I could say something about Ganondorf's face, to be absolutely honest. Some of his expressions are a bit silly and he lacks evil smirks.

Link and Zelda look fine. Not sure what's your problem with them.

Guess this is all subjective anyway, so there's really no point in debating.

Brawl and Smash 4 aren't balanced very well either.
Smash 4 has the best balance, true, but still, every patch certain characters despite being universally thought as terrible, are never touched. Or barely touched.
Well, Zelda has been getting some buffs in the latest few patches. Not terribly good buffs, but some of her problems have been fixed since the game's release, such as the multi-hitting Smash attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom