• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So... the ballot hasn't ended yet. Kind of strange since it was suppose to be over yesterday. Although, I believe were still waiting for Japan I assume?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I believe it's as what others said. They will probably close it Monday since they never really update the site on weekends if I recall correctly.

Chrono.

But if they always update on the weekends why not say the ballot ends on the 5th then? It's a little weird.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
This tweets just seems very cryptic to me...
and creepy.
Just enough to get into the halloween spirit. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
i don't like link's awakening, a link to the past, or ocarina of time
shrug emoticon

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
But if they always update on the weekends why not say the ballot ends on the 5th then? It's a little weird.
Apparently the deadline of the ballot still hadn't ended yet for certain area's so probably to make sure that the deadline of the ballot was fully reached everywhere around the world would be my guess..... I'm not sure. *shrugs*

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
This tweets just seems very cryptic to me...
and creepy.
Just enough to get into the halloween spirit. :yeahboi:
*Rummages through their twitter*
They're at Big House
Nintendo's at Big House
Big House is the Smash place
Big House is today (I.E. their "Tomorrow")
"Let's Start Building"

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I don't even know who wavedash games are.
Evidence suggests they are:

1.) An independent game studio being formed by the PMDT.

2.) Or an independent game studio being associated with the PMDT.

Other evidence suggest they may have a game in development currently, and it will be shown off tonight at the Big House 5 in some special announcement @Warchamp7 has been teasing.

Last edited:

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
Ballot will probably be taken down later today/tonight. It's almost Oct 5th in Japan. It's still the weekend.

The fact that they're being loose about the deadline only has me more convinced that stuff's already in the works.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
On the Ballot page, I like how it kindly asks that people please limit themselves to only one "vote". Can you imagine if the system just automatically deleted anyone's submissions that "voted" more than once? I wonder how many "votes" would actually qualify if that were the case. :laugh:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
On the Ballot page, I like how it kindly asks that people please limit themselves to only one "vote". Can you imagine if the system just automatically deleted anyone's submissions that "voted" more than once? I wonder how many "votes" would actually qualify if that were the case. :laugh:
That would have certainly been a bummer for families with siblings who may have different characters they want and all..... ^^;

Staarih

Smash Master
I kinda expected there not to be any sort of formal "closure" of the ballot on the 3rd, and sort of doubt there will be any at all, probably just remove the page and that's it. I always thought of it more of an extra thing, not really kept track of 24/7, and things being in the works during the moment anyhow. But we'll see how it turns out.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So
Some guy on DeviantART who's a really good Kirby drawer just sorta walked up slowly and down smashed and asked me if I wanted to be in this giant Kirby Drawing Collab for charity, I say yes, he gives the the Bomb Ability and puts me to work.
I'm like a newbie surrounded by a bunch of skilled people, and I can't do it on my 3DS since canvas has gotta be 900x700 and 3DS is too small and I got no idea how to do it on a computer
[Pressure Intensifies]
SAI, pls work with me on this one
I don't wanna be a fraud

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I never considered that.
That's probably why the EU version has you fill in a nickname too.
Yeah, the ballot did state one vote per person, and considering how Sakurai once stated that one of the reasons he didn't make Mewtwo Club Nintendo members exclusive was due to siblings owning multiple 3DS systems. It wouldn't be too far fetched to think he probably considered the same for the ballot.....

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Yeah, the ballot did state one vote per person, and considering how Sakurai once stated that one of the reasons he didn't make Mewtwo Club Nintendo members exclusive was due to siblings owning multiple 3DS systems. It wouldn't be too far fetched to think he probably considered the same for the ballot.....
I have a very large family. Approximately 115, 000 people. And we all want Banjo Kazooie.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I just ran into this "fun" conspiracy topic.
I do believe that once you upload your level, it becomes property of Nintendo. Thus, they technically could do a "Best of Mario Maker" game in the future without any repercussions. Also, the difference between Mario Maker and the other games is that Nintendo is making money by selling Mario Maker. The other things were fan projects that didn't benefit Nintendo monetarily at all (in fact, they were blatantly infringing on Nintendo's copyrights, thus why they were shut down).

Gotta love conspiracy theories, though!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

The Illuminati is taking over

They are controlling your mind

The end is nigh

It's all because of the Patriots. Tom Brady and his cheating ways

I hate conspiracy theories and tinfoil hat BS

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Oh I misread that

This is still a dumb conspiracy theory lol

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I just ran into this "fun" conspiracy topic.

Chrono Resurrection wasn't even C&D by Nintendo
Yeah, okay friend, you're right, we believe you.
Now these nice people in the white shirts are going to help take you back to the home, okay? Just drop the white powder and let the nice men do their job...

Naoshi

Also Mario Fan Games Galaxy, a site that is a huge community for several Mario fangamers containing thousands of fangames, has been around for about maybe 15 years at this point never had a single C&D.

Nintendo would only C&D fangames they feel are actually threatening to their sales (i.e. remakes of official games) or are profitting off their IPs (which is completely justified in this case). Also lol Square Enix C&D that Chrono game. Nintendo has nothing to do with it, that's not even their franchise so they can't even C&D it to begin with. OP doesn't even do his research.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think it's like those phone in competitions where they stop counting votes after a certain point but the line is still technically open. Only different is they don't charge you.

Naoshi

The whole theory that Nintendo is going to steal level content for the next Mario is really bull**** by the way.

1) They went out of their way to train new employees for game design with NSMB2. Mario Maker was originally made for this purpose too. They're not going to go through all of this trouble for nothing for the Mario brand.

2) You can't even do some basic things in Mario Maker anyways. Every Mario game except SMB1 has a load of things that SMM can't do to begin with. Even every NSMB game contains several several content that SMM doesn't even have and those are generally the safest Mario games.

3) Nintendo isn't lacking designers that they would have to resort to steal content. There is nothing to gain by taking levels from fans when they could be making a lot of creative and original content themselves when SMM lacks such things.

4) The NSMB brand has been weakening due to fatigue and weaker hardware sales. Nintendo wouldn't think "let's make our next big 2D Mario game nothing but fan content that can already be played!". That's just brand suicide there and they know better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom