• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So here's something neat to talk about.

Are you guys interested in Kirby Air Ride 2?

Because a friend of mine got into programming and believe me, this person is gonna make it.

My bud has already recreated the basic engine for Kirby and basic Star mechanics.

Let me give you a rundown of things planned to be put in the game.

• Playable characters expanded to Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight, Bandana Dee, Magalor, Rick and Coo, and maybe more
  • Characters can now jump on and off vehicles no matter who they are
  • City trial is the only mode, but the others are incorporated into it
  • All courses from the original are planned to return as is the basic city
  • I don't know what's up with Top Ride but I imagine it will be an event
  • There will be five different cities, I know one will be Cappy Town
  • Events are toggleable like item switch
  • More options to customize matches
  • All stars return along with new ones
  • Bosses will be in and will act like Dyna Blade, these range from Marx, 02, Dark Matter, Dark Mind, Nightmare, Sectonia, pretty much any big one he can fit
  • After defeating the boss, which will be made to be quite hard, you get a star based on them.
  • Every Copy ability in the series will be usable. Not sure how this is supposed to work but the person is adamant on it
  • Each level would have a My Music like toggle, it would include normal the,was and fan made remixes
  • Several new events would be added

I was just wondering if you guys would be interested in this. My bud wants to get an idea on demand and whether and to see what ideas you guys can come up with or what features you want.

Sad thing is. My friend is terrified. The game would be free of course and would be done out of love for the original game (my bud's favorite game of all time), but he doesn't want a cease and desist from Nintendo like the Mario 64 HD remake got. It's why I'm introducing it casually and it's not it's own site or anything.

Either way, thoughts? Suggestions?

Tell me what you think guys. On the game itself and the Nintendo issue.
Alright, you had me at Kirby Air Ride 2

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
Said one would be made if he had copious amounts of free time.

And my friend has something to show you guys to show how serious he is.

He really wants to hear your opinions.

Anything you want to suggest? Any dream modes or stars?

Maybe a huge Kirby fan like @ Chandeelure Chandeelure ?
Also pretty late response, but if he needs help with menu design, I'd be glad to help. I could also ask Nibroc for help.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Are they just hamming it up right now? Because its getting annoying

Even Professor Laytons Voice actor didn't do this
Well, if shovel Knight is really in Smash 4, they are technically under NDA.

At which point they have to either stay neutral like they did with this response or they can out right deny it lol :p

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yacht Club would be doing bad business if they didn't talk about a rumor that was just that a rumor.

The way they're dragging on speaking about something that could easily be spoken about isn't just for business.

''BECAUSE SMASH WILL SELL OUR GAME!"

That's evil finger tapping Dr. Claw level ****. It's really more fantasy of a gamer than reality.

Even fricking Ubisoft who was...well, oddly confused by the Rayman thing at least said ''Expect a comment" when it was fake.

Companies don't keep fake press alive by saying things like they're saying. That risks making bad PR for them when a fan gets upset that they didn't just say ''Yeah, it's not happening at the moment, but feel free to keep voting!"

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I think it's important to not read too far into what YC says. They've denied correct leaks before, they've given non-answers before. Trying to get them to confirm a rumor, deny a rumor or slip-up is barking up the wrong tree.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
So here's a question for everyone.

If Shovel Knight IS the next character, do you think he'll be released alone or with another character?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

If Shovel Knight IS the next character, do you think he'll be released alone or with another character?
I'm conflicted. On one hand, it's been a while since Ryu, Roy and Lucas were finished (let alone released), surely enough time to make more than 1 character.

On the other hand, if there was more coming with Shovel Knight, then why hasn't the source stated more than just Shovel Knight.

Then obviously it could just be as fake as Britney's boobies.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

If he's announced a direct for smash bros, then maybe.

Anywhere else, probably alone since he could kick start wave 2 like mewtwo.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I arrived a little late to the party again.

Come to think of it, why did the first thread close? Smash Social 5.0 was locked after around 2500 pages.

Neo Zero

I arrived a little late to the party again.

Come to think of it, why did the first thread close? Smash Social 5.0 was locked after around 2500 pages.
Closing Social Threads is all the rage lately. All the cool kids are doing it.

I'm conflicted. On one hand, it's been a while since Ryu, Roy and Lucas were finished (let alone released), surely enough time to make more than 1 character.

On the other hand, if there was more coming with Shovel Knight, then why hasn't the source stated more than just Shovel Knight.

Then obviously it could just be as fake as Britney's boobies.
To be fair on this one, it's possible his source could know more. However, Tama doesn't ask, he was told because his source knew he loved SK. For all we know there's a second character waiting in the wings we've yet to hear about. Maybe something overly Japanese to counterbalance SK.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Asking all the hard questions :p

Considering how much time has passed since the Royucus DLC was finished and released, I'm really tempted to say another character.

Although he could be the released by himself to start the Wave 2 DLC soooo....

Soul.

I may be a little late, but when was Ace Attorney 6* confirmed? Just now?

Well that's interesting nevertheless.

*apparently hearing that it was indeed confirmed for 3DS lol

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Y'all started a new thread while I was asleep?

Is there anything new?

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
That Air Ride-post made me make this. Man, I love Sakurai's games. The menus all look so simple and clean.

Note: This was made to be viewed from further away, like an actual menu-icon.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Still in team fake, but if he is in I suppose he'll be alone.

I officially have a full time job. I have a full time temp role, but after a month in the role, I have a full time, proper adult human job.

H'yes.
Congratulations.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
So here's something neat to talk about.

Are you guys interested in Kirby Air Ride 2?

Because a friend of mine got into programming and believe me, this person is gonna make it.
I've never played the original but that'd honestly be so cool.
Can this guy also make a Sonic Adventure HD remake too? That original game hasn't stood the test of time, to say the least, but I personally think that game deserves some justification in a fixed remake. Just a thought.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Closing Social Threads is all the rage lately. All the cool kids are doing it.

To be fair on this one, it's possible his source could know more. However, Tama doesn't ask, he was told because his source knew he loved SK. For all we know there's a second character waiting in the wings we've yet to hear about. Maybe something overly Japanese to counterbalance SK.
We already had Roy and Lucas for that though ;P.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
*Browsing through thread*

Cool fan game, Shovel Knight, Ace Attorney 6...

WAIT WHAT??!!

Seriously hyped for Ace Attorney 6. Really hoping they bring back Maya, she hasn't seen Phoenix for 7 years and I'd like to see what the writers can do with that fact.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder... are the Japanese boards freaking out over the possibility of characters that the rest of the world likes but they don't making it in or are they confident in Nintendo's apparent Japan fan-base bias?

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
*Browsing through thread*

Cool fan game, Shovel Knight, Ace Attorney 6...

WAIT WHAT??!!

Seriously hyped for Ace Attorney 6. Really hoping they bring back Maya, she hasn't seen Phoenix for 7 years and I'd like to see what the writers can do with that fact.
I would probably faint from too much excitement if they bring back Maya, she's my favourite female character in the series. They brought Pearls back in Dual Destinies but Maya only appeared in a flashback scene. ;~; Pretty eager to find out more about Ace Attorney 6 once TGS rolls around.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
And :4diddy:I suppose.

And you know what the best part about the recent announcement of Ace Attorney 6 is?

I just found out that Smooth McGroove did two Ace Attorney Acapella's recently :awesome:
Japan likes DKC actually. On the other hand, they seemed kinda lukewarm towards Little Mac's inclusion.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I would probably faint from too much excitement if they bring back Maya, she's my favourite female character in the series. They brought Pearls back in Dual Destinies but Maya only appeared in a flashback scene. ;~; Pretty eager to find out more about Ace Attorney 6 once TGS rolls around.
Phoenix x Maya pretty pretty please with a cherry on top?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Interesting non-denial responses from Yacht Club:

And via iDigitalTimes... "No, we don't have anything to say about that"
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/super-...night-dev-talks-about-rumors-pax-prime-471103
I don't really see how that's all that interesting. If Shovel Knight is in the game, they're likely under a NDA and can't say anything. If he's not in the game, then they would be wise to not deny it as doing so would kill a lot of hype that is associated with their product. I'm not sure what other form or response you would be expecting from them, honestly.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Phoenix x Maya pretty pretty please with a cherry on top?
When will Pearls get a "special someone"?
She goes on all about Phoenix and Maya, why not her?

That reminds me, they need to bring Cody Hackins back. Plus he and Simon could have an epic battle like the Steel Samurai TV Show with Maya cheering on and Phoenix thinking what his is doing with his life outside being an attorney.

Its freaking perfect I tell ya.

Plus, Cody and Pearls are of very similar age, so they could be each others special someone :smirk:

They also need to do something with Trucy.
Like a murder case that takes place in the place she does all her sp00ky magician stuff at and what not.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I wake us expecting something I might not like

This was it, not AA but yeah. Damn it Butt Butt, you just can't stay away can you?

Tama

Smash Apprentice
I don't really see how that's all that interesting. If Shovel Knight is in the game, they're likely under a NDA and can't say anything. If he's not in the game, then they would be wise to not deny it as doing so would kill a lot of hype that is associated with their product. I'm not sure what other form or response you would be expecting from them, honestly.
If he was not in, I would expect something more along the lines of "no, but he still could be if you go vote for him!".

Neo Zero

I honestly don't think Phoenix x Maya should be a thing. To me, they were always more siblings, who always looked out for and cared for each other. They've never really had any romantic chemistry and I think that's fine, the chemistry they do have is part of why both characters are so memorable both as a duo and as individual characters.

I'm not saying if they went that route it couldn't be done well, but it'd be an odd evolution for them especially since during the Dark Age of the Law (from where Phoenix lost his badge) there is so little of their relationship we get to see.

Speaking of AA6, I really hope Athena or Apollo get more limelight this time (one of the two even being the final case lawyer would be nice)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

I'm still expecting 2-4 more total characters, so I suppose it really depends on Nintendo's time table. SK could be the Mewtwo of the group, releasing slightly before the rest.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I honestly don't think Phoenix x Maya should be a thing. To me, they were always more siblings, who always looked out for and cared for each other. They've never really had any romantic chemistry and I think that's fine, the chemistry they do have is part of why both characters are so memorable both as a duo and as individual characters.

I'm not saying if they went that route it couldn't be done well, but it'd be an odd evolution for them especially since during the Dark Age of the Law (from where Phoenix lost his badge) there is so little or their relationship we get to see.

Speaking of AA6, I really hope Athena or Apollo get more limelight this time (one of the two even being the final case lawyer would be nice)
The question is when's Phoenix x Iris tho???

I agree with the last paragraph, Apollo and Athena need more limelight for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom