• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
If he was not in, I would expect something more along the lines of "no, but he still could be if you go vote for him!".
I wouldn't, even Ubi didn't deny the until fake until Omni came clean. This is clearly good PR for Shovel Knight, and a large portion of it would go away if they flat out denied it.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Speaking of limelight, why I wouldn't mind having another new prosecutor, generally it's just kind of a given but I'd like to see Franziska, Klavier and Blackquill be utilized for one or two filler cases, rather than it just being only the new guy, with maybe a fanservice cameo at the end.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
If he was not in, I would expect something more along the lines of "no, but he still could be if you go vote for him!".
YCG is pretty much fanning the flames at this point. Whether he's in or not, they are just messing around at this point.

Remember, some companies can come out and say that they aren't in but some, like Wayforward, might just be so vague about it and let a IMBD fake run wild for a few days and most cases not even care, NDA or not.

Strofirko

Smash Master
In 5 years we all laugh about this shovel knight thing.

like geno

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Speaking of limelight, why I wouldn't mind having another new prosecutor, generally it's just kind of a given but I'd like to see Franziska, Klavier and Blackquill be utilized for one or two filler cases, rather than it just being only the new guy, with maybe a fanservice cameo at the end.
I think they should expand the amount of cases tbh.

2 for Phoenix (Edgy and Franzy as prosecutors?), Apollo (Klavier as prosecutor) and Athena (Blackquill as prosecutor), with 6 cases total with another DLC case or two if they wanted.

Neo Zero

At times like this, I wish the Sonic Twitters PR guy ran the YCG Twitter. The absolute gold he'd conjure during this time.

Heck, maybe we can get him to say something funny anyway, he clearly doesn't give a **** about his job lol

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
At times like this, I wish the Sonic Twitters PR guy ran the YCG Twitter. The absolute gold he'd conjure during this time.

Heck, maybe we can get him to say something funny anyway, he clearly doesn't give a **** about his job lol
That would be the most amazing thing ever.

Should I try it?

Last edited:

Neo Zero

I think they should expand the amount of cases tbh.

2 for Phoenix (Edgy and Franzy as prosecutors?), Apollo (Klavier as prosecutor) and Athena (Blackquill as prosecutor), with 6 cases total with another DLC case or two if they wanted.
If anything, I'd like new/uncommon match ups.

Like Phoenix vs Klavier, a real showdown so much longer after they faced in that faithful trial, this time no rigging, no tricks, just Lawyer vs Lawyer. Or Apollo vs Edgeworth, showing he can be as good if not better than his mentor by defeating his greatest rival, or Athena vs Franziska, really, new match ups to me are much more exciting than Phoenix vs Edgeworth Part 9

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
If anything, I'd like new/uncommon match ups.

Like Phoenix vs Klavier, a real showdown so much longer after they faced in that faithful trial, this time no rigging, no tricks, just Lawyer vs Lawyer. Or Apollo vs Edgeworth, showing he can be as good if not better than his mentor by defeating his greatest rival, or Athena vs Franziska, really, new match ups to me are much more exciting than Phoenix vs Edgeworth Part 9
And then Blackquill is just kind there... poor him :ohwell:

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly, I think ''They're using this for PR!" is a flimsy as hell denial of the potential of it being NDA type responses.

They were just at a Nintendo event.

Where they became the first third party company to have an amiibo not made by Nintendo.

They don't really NEED the PR of the rumor of him in Smash at the moment. Because they've already got the PR of working with a major company like Nintendo at making a figure of their character in one of Nintendo's hottest pieces of merchandise right now.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I can confirm everything that @Tama has said today. I did send him that message pointing out the newest development.

The rumor still isn't 100%, but my confidence in it has increased.

If you guys want percentages, it's back up to 75%.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Honestly, I think ''They're using this for PR!" is a flimsy as hell denial of the potential of it being NDA type responses.

They were just at a Nintendo event.

Where they became the first third party company to have an amiibo not made by Nintendo.

They don't really NEED the PR of the rumor of him in Smash at the moment. Because they've already got the PR of working with a major company like Nintendo at making a figure of their character in one of Nintendo's hottest pieces of merchandise right now.
What do they have to gain from saying it's fake? I ended up buying Shovel Knight on 3DS this weekend (beat it btw)due soloy t the Smash rumor.

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
In 5 years we all laugh about this shovel knight thing.

like geno
The Year is 20XX

Everyone is waiting for E3 20XX. Sakurai's announced that the next Smash-game will be announced. Right before the event starts, people begin to get nostalgic for Smash 4, which was considered to be the best game after the discovery of the new wavedashcancellandcusZ-DX tech, which speeds up the gameplay to a new max, allowing for newer, never before seen combos. Melee is dead by now.

"Remember how the roster got leaked?" - "Haha, yeah that was funny. Like Duck Hunt wtf?!"
"Or Mewtwo and Lucas?" - "Oh ****, that was so hype."
"Or the leaks with Roy and Ryu?" - "Still salty about no bearded Ryu-alt."
"Or how Yacht Club Games played mindgames with us?" - "Yeah right? It was so obvious. Why didn't we believe the leaks again? Haha. I wonder how they'll modify his moveset in Smash 6. They might take some influence from Shovel Knight 8? That game is considered a classic by everyone!"
"Or how Melee died?" - "That was a sad day, but everyone played Fox anyways by now."

Last edited:
S

Silver_1357

The Year is 20XX

Everyone is waiting for E3 20XX. Sakurai's announced that the next Smash-game will be announced. Right before the event starts, people begin to get nostalgic for Smash 4, which was considered to be the best game after the discovery of the new wavedashcancellandcusZ-DX tech, which speeds up the gameplay to a new max, allowing for newer, never before seen combos. Melee is dead by now.

"Remember how the roster got leaked?" - "Haha, yeah that was funny. Like Duck Hunt wtf?!"
"Or Mewtwo and Lucas?" - "Oh ****, that was so hype."
"Or the leaks with Roy and Ryu?" - "Still salty about no bearded Ryu-alt."
"Or how Yacht Club Games played mindgames with us?" - "Yeah right? It was so obvious. Why didn't we believe the leaks again? Haha. I wonder how they'll modify his moveset in Smash 6. They might take some influence from Shovel Knight 8? That game is considered a classic by everyone!"
"Or how Melee died?" - "That was a sad day, but everyone played Fox anyways by now."
Pretty much 20XX in a nutshell.

If the earth is even around that long.

Chrono.

I feel like nitpicking at everything YCG says won't really get us anywhere.

Everything is too vague and everyone has a different interpretation of what they're saying.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Here's a question... if we were to get a veteran, and it was NOT Wolf, who would you a.) want it to be and b.) expect it to be?

Personally, I'd want Snake. I want as many unique move sets as possible and I always enjoyed playing as him more than the Ice Climbers. Squirtle and Ivy could be cool, but I don't want one without the other.

Who would I expect? Sadly, it would probably be Pichu. Snake and Ice Climbers have factors working against them. Squirtle and Ivy work best as a set. Toon Link makes Young Link redundant. That just leaves Pichu.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Pretty much 20XX in a nutshell.

If the earth is even around that long.
Considering the 20XX has to take place before 2100, I'm pretty sure the world won't end before then, unless, of course, I accidentally start World War III.

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
Here's a question... if we were to get a veteran, and it was NOT Wolf, who would you a.) want it to be and b.) expect it to be?

Personally, I'd want Snake. I want as many unique move sets as possible and I always enjoyed playing as him more than the Ice Climbers. Squirtle and Ivy could be cool, but I don't want one without the other.

Who would I expect? Sadly, it would probably be Pichu. Snake and Ice Climbers have factors working against them. Squirtle and Ivy work best as a set. Toon Link makes Young Link redundant. That just leaves Pichu.
They could un-clone Young Link though, make him use masks from Majora's Mask like Monado arts and BOOM.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
They could un-clone Young Link though, make him use masks from Majora's Mask like Monado arts and BOOM.
I get that, but that's not really Sakurai's style. When he makes someone a clone, he never changes them that radically when "Luigifying" them. Hence Falcondorf. If you Young Link ever cam back I feel like he would probably just have his 'a' moves retooled.

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman

But, but... all I want is Wolf.... Ok then, I suppose Snake would be the best choice. Unfortunately, like you said he's not very likely. Freaking Pichu. I never liked him...

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
a) :snake:
b) Either :snake:, :ivysaur: or :pichumelee:

I don't see it happening, as the main reason Young Link was replaced with Toon Link in Brawl is because Twilight Princess did not feature Young Link in any way, not even in any concept art (unlike Sheik).

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'd really like Young Link coming back if:
- he sported his Majora's Mask design
- his balancing was a middle point between Link and Toon Link in terms of speed and strength
- had a Fierce Deity Mask Final Smash instead of Triforce Slash

Otherwise, I feel he would overlap too much with Toon Link.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I'm against Young Link being decloned because that costs as much resource as making a newcomer. Time and resources are limited, I don't think it's wise to use that on a character who's already literally on the roster twice.

Maybe a bit of a luigified clone would be fine, but even then I'd much rather have other missing vets come back before him. He's already technically in as Toon Link.

Last edited:
S

Silver_1357

His Pokedex entry says that if he(or it) uses electrical attacks, it could hurt itself.

Pichu COULD work, but his attacks still have to stay true to the Pokedex entry. If he got a buff where he took no damage from attacks that have to do with electricity, it wouldn't make sense.

To me anyways.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

A). Ice Climbers for Wii U only.
B). Pichu.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
But, but... all I want is Wolf.... Ok then, I suppose Snake would be the best choice. Unfortunately, like you said he's not very likely. Freaking Pichu. I never liked him...
Hey, hypothetical scenarios aren't always pleasant.

D

Deleted member

Considering the 20XX has to take place before 2100, I'm pretty sure the world won't end before then, unless, of course, I accidentally start World War III.
"Accidentally" yeah, sure...
Also, I think you can already change your username ;^)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Lucas and Roy were easier to make because they were clearly based on Ness and Marth.

Lucas even shares some animations with Ness this time around, including PK Starstorm and things like screen KO, sleeping, clapping or item-related animations like the Superspicy Curry standing animation.

Wolf could be easily based on Fox as well. In fact, Wolf was added in Brawl at the last minute and chosen over other Star Fox characters due to being easier to develop. Some leftover data suggests that Wolf was actually meant to be a Fox clone.

Chrono.

I'd take a Luigified Young Link and Pichu, Snake coming back would be alright too but I never really liked using him so he's kinda whatever for me. That applies double for the ICs.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Unless it's Paper Mario :p
Paper Mario is kind of in his own league to be fair. He more or less represents his own series, whereas Young Link represents the same exact series as Link and co.

Young Link is just suppose to be the kid version of Link (which Toon Link filled that role already). Plus, Majora's Mask was just one game out of plenty in the mainline Zelda franchise. It'd be kind of just weird if there's a Zelda character who represents one sole game, when they all represent the general mechanics of the series.

(Toon Link also represents young Links in general, despite him being depicted in WW art. He's still generally Link but as a kid, not entirely sided to one game mechanic-wise. That and there's other Toon Link games.)

But that's just me.

Last edited:
S

Silver_1357

Lucas and Roy were easier to make because they were clearly based on Ness and Marth.

Lucas even shares some animations with Ness this time around, including PK Starstorm and things like screen KO, sleeping, clapping or item-related animations like the Superspicy Curry standing animation.

Wolf could be easily based on Fox as well. In fact, Wolf was added in Brawl at the last minute and chosen over other Star Fox characters due to being easier to develop. Some leftover data suggests that Wolf was actually meant to be a Fox clone.

You're right.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Boy, am I glad that Sakurai decided to make him so radically different than Fox and Falco than even semi-clone doesn't justify how different they are.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I do agree, however, that there are plenty of better choices among veterans that should be prioritized over Young Link.

Including Pichu, mind you.

Wolf and Snake are the most popular cut veterans right now. Wolf is the likeliest choice out of all veterans, though.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ PushDustIn PushDustIn
Does the stuff you guys know relate in any way to the moveset of Shovel Knight? Cuz' Ash from GameXplain was told a very detailed moveset for Shovel Knight by some anonymous person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom